Based on Click to view
Artist Knickknacks [gallery]
Time spent 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Bug cat bug cat bug cat

Postby Knickknacks » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:04 am

wingless ref

ALRIGHT SO you mentioned an insectoid cat/cat with insect wings on your list and all I could think was beetle cat and out came this kid?.

If you decide to claim this one- I’m really not super picky about cat designs- natural, unnatural colors, all are good as long as they don’t clash or burn my eyes or what have you. But I *do* like my designs to be fairly simple and easily replicable so that redrawing isn’t too much of a challenge ^^” that’s about all ahah, it’s been awhile since I’ve done one of these, truthfully, but it was so fun!

Yes:
-natural or unnatural colors
-accessories, etc- doesn’t have to be a warriors cat, though I’m down for whatever
-wings, extra features, powers- whatever you want is fine by me

No:
-eyeburning/neon colors
-overly complicated tabbies
-body horror

Uhhh yeah I think that’s all I’m truly not that picky, thanks if you decide to claim this one! ✌️
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bug cat bug cat bug cat

Postby ethium » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:38 am

HOLDA THEM YES CLAIM
FEEL THE FEAR, AND DO IT ANYWAY
sam - she/her - i write things sometimes
i'm into mythology, literature, & legos ──
───── stars - carrd - th - disc -> ethiium
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koikee » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:47 am

Please ensure your cover satisfies our clarified off-oekaki art guidelines, or your thread will be locked.

Subject: oekaki thumbnails discussion {READ FIRST POST}

Dia. wrote:Okay, here's the clarification you've been waiting on. This has been discussed with oekaki mods, admin assistants, and Simon.

Simon wrote:
    -snip-

The purpose of this rule first and foremost is to cut back on the Oekaki board being cluttered with walls of spam drawings that are just text or 1-second sketches. If a "cover " can also function as a stand-alone drawing that clearly took effort and time to draw, then that should always be fine.

Edit: To clarify further, if it's clear that a user just made a quick sketch for the sole purpose of being able to post art from a different program, that is still subject to being locked. Drawings like the one above that that clearly took a lot of time and effort and can be considered a separate art piece should not be locked.

This is how Oekaki moderators are going to be judging whether something should be locked.

Is the art.....

1. completed or does it have a finished look (we will look for things like neat lines, colored, shaded, a definitive sketchy style, etc)
2. relevant or related to the character in some way, so we know it's not there to get around the rule (example: a finished headshot of the character)
AND 3. Does it show time/effort, again, so we know it's not there to get around the rule (to clarify, an uncolored sketch does not fulfill this)

What is probably NOT okay:
- just text or mostly text with a tiny drawing or random drawings (example: smilies, very fast doodles, flowers, etc)
- random sketch/lineart
- sketch that may be relevant, but is still clearly done to get around the rule (see guideline 3)

What IS probably okay:
- a completed piece of art that is directly relevant to the character because it features the character or
- a completed piece of art that is directly relevant to the character because it is related in some way (example: the character is a fairy, so you draw a detailed depiction of a magic forest that takes sufficient time and effort)

Here are examples of drawings that we have unlocked, because it is a completed piece, features the character, and shows time and effort: x, x, x

It might help you to consider what the purpose of the cover is, other than being a cover. You might think of either the cover, or the art made elsewhere, as ADDITIONAL artwork.

Please let us know if there is anything that needs to be clarified further.
Koikee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:13 am

Koikee wrote:-snip-

oh, my apologies! I wasn't aware this policy existed- though reading through the thread, I understand your reasons for implementing it ^^ I have edited the cover- I hope the drawing above meets the requirements sufficiently? Oekaki is rather difficult for me to use, but I did as best I could to make it more of a proper drawing than just a sketch.
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ethium » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:46 am

I sincerely apologize for how long this has taken me !! life blew up shortly after posting this stuff
      I've added an extra sketchy headshot doodle for any inconvenience !! I'll send you the unwatermarked version. :)

a little barn-owl inspired bb for you

ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:19 pm

Thank you so much!! What a fun little dude, I love them so much and am excited to draw them :eyes:
Hi there!
You can call me Knick! I'm a runner and casual artist
who loves thinking about stories and never writing them.
I’m around for various arpgs and species stuff ^^

art fight!
threads for arpgs/species I'm currently active in:
kalons--salted stone--knollclan--sound asheep--haven
other cs characters™

she/her -- student -- est
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes