Storkatten Magic Design: Metal by SkywardtheDragon

Based on Click to view
Artist SkywardtheDragon [gallery]
Time spent 4 days, 1 hour
Drawing sessions 3

Storkatten Magic Design: Metal

Postby SkywardtheDragon » Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:44 pm

Metal Magic

Most Storkatten magic is plain to see: a fireball launched at a dead tree, a burst of lightning striking an enemy, the growth of plants out of seemingly barren ground. Metal, however, is different. While those truly excelling in the magic can manipulate metal by force of will, forging armor like none other or stealing coins without sleight-of-paw, metal magic is more practical than showy.

The first lesson for those learning metal magic is a simple spell with dangerous applications: turning their claws to steel. Elite soldiers in certain Storkatten kingdoms favor born-metal trainees for this reason; though any Storkie can learn metal magic, those born with the magic can sharpen their claws into steel as easily as unsheathing them.

Before learning to manipulate external metal, users of metal magic continue to shift parts of their body into metal. Metal protecting the body is one of the more common applications; some Storkies weave metal into their fur to keep it hidden from plain sight, others harden their skin into steel plates like a knight’s armor. Metal enhancements to fangs are occasionally used, but most Storkies find the feeling in their mouth to be too odd to use for more than a short battle.

The highest tier of metal magic goes beyond altering one’s own body, and Storkies that have achieved this tier can manipulate metal from the world around them. A jeweler might engrave a necklace into a precise image from her head, while a knight can animate swords to parry and attack multiple opponents at once. Even then, no visible “residue” released by the magic can be seen, making metal magic a common choice for thieves, assassins, prestidigitators, and other secretive professions.

The eyes of a Storkie with inherited metal magic are silver, occasionally with gold pupils. They appear to have a metallic sheen in the right light.
SkywardtheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Storkatten Magic Design: Metal

Postby SkywardtheDragon » Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:27 pm

Aurichalcum Grandeur

Self-Proclaimed Prince

To all known Firsttown accounts, the cat by the name of “Aurichalcum” came into existence as an adult. One day, she spontaneously showed up on the census, claiming a heritage of some royalty too far away to actually check. With a self-given title of “Grandeur”, she clearly viewed highly of herself, and wanted the world to view her with just as much favor. Auri, as she became nicknamed, made herself known in the kingdom, though not always in the way she wanted. Young and gullible Storkies believed her tales, but wiser ones simply scoffed. No matter how many setbacks she faced, though, she always faced her next challenge with the confidence of someone who ruled the world.

With her mysterious powers and unparalleled confidence, Auri attained a cult following. Some wanted her to teach them the power of metal, others just wished to bask in the presence of true royalty. Auri accepted all kinds of followers, even those who wished to use her for personal gain; after all, what was a prince with no underlings? However, she sought to keep the secrets of her magic to herself, teaching the most dedicated followers only the most basic of spells (mostly to get them off her back).

To nobody’s surprise, Auri’s overall goal is to become a feline of influence in Firsttown, and perhaps the greater world. While the nobility of Firsttown look down on her as a charlatan with a following of kits too young to know better, Auri holds more sway than they realize, and perhaps more sway than she recognizes herself.

NR: Expression, Eye Shape Edit, Claw Edit
LIM: Fang Edit
LEG: Tail Edit, Paragon Level Magic [ Not passable ]

Username; Skywardthedragon
Storkie Name; Aurichalcum Grandeur
Nicknames; Auri
Coat Description: Bimetallic ticked tabby with low white
Born Magic Type; Metal (Limited)
Additional Magic #1; N/A
Additional Magic #2; N/A

Parents:
Founder | Founder

Children:
-- [url]Partner[/url]
-- [url]Child1[/url]
-- [url]Child2[/url]
-- [url]Child3[/url]
Last edited by SkywardtheDragon on Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SkywardtheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Storkatten Magic Design: Metal

Postby kiwipen » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:32 pm

Trait List:

NR: Expression, Eye Shape Edit
LIM: Fang Edit
LEG: Tail Edit, Paragon Level Magic [ Not passable ]

Magic Type: Metal [ Limited ]

Please move this to Adopts 2: Pets or make a new colorin and post the founding form :)
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me