▬▬▬▬✧obsessive✧▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬✧monstrous✧▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬✧perceptive✧▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬✧determined✧▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬✧treacherous✧▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬✧shortsighted✧▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬✧inconsiderate✧▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬✧self-conscious✧▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

An abomination to some, a horrific visage to others, the Librarian is Philis' Dweller in Paledon. He is an ancient pony, turned creature, after years of abandonment and desecration of the Lunar Library. His hatred for those around him, obsession with the books he's read countless times, and diligence to Philis has lead him to become what he is: corrupted. Philis had blessed him with the dark lunar magick, which for a great many years he controlled and wielded well. But when Western Paledon found itself burnt down after a war with the Wildlings, and Aeschylus was left to keep the Library by himself, the silence and isolation broke him down year after year, until finally, he broke, and slowly twisted himself into a bloodthirsty cravenly creature. Now fearing light, people, and warmth, the Library was sealed to the remaining western populace and Aeschylus was left to his own devices. The presence of intermittent thieving and destruction only furthered his corruption, which finally turned him into a flesh-eating monstrosity.▬✧✧✧▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬✧✧✧▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬✧✧✧▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬✧✧✧▬▬▬▬

a very dusty, water-stained diary wrote:May 10th, 1809.
It's been the 200th year since.. Since the fire. The destruction of my favored city, the area that Philis had blessed, watched over, cared for... And this library. This library is left under my care, and mine alone. I don't know how I am up to the task, it is endless. The books within, I've filed them differently every week. I've tried keeping them in alphabetical order by title, author, tried listing them backwards, forwards, middle letter first, on and on and on and on. But nothing seems right. Everything is.. Distorted, as if the looking glass I am seeing through is malformed and wrong. There's a burning in my chest that won't go away. It is painful, I itch and scratch from it but it will not stop. And the books. They look at me funny, I hear them laughing.. But books can't speak. Can they?

May 30th, 1809.
I lost track of time, again, I meant to write every day but I don't think I did. There's a leaking in the glass roof, but I can't reach it. Damn these tiny wings, they were always useless and ruined my aptitude. It won't stop raining, but there's no lightning.. I
I can't see the lightning. Am I going blind? With madness? With fear? I'm frightened by what is happening. I should sort the books to calm myself ✧✧✧

June 10th 1809 wrote:I don't know how I managed, because I don't remember, but the leak is fixed. Although I.. I let so many books get ruined by this rainstorm, I feel I have failed in keeping everything safe. Things are still fuzzy in my vision, so I summoned two optical helpers to keep things in check for me. I've grown fond of them... Hypnos and Thanatos, I call them. Fickle little things too, they bicker with each other constantly about how the books should be in order, where I need to focus my attention, and about their funny little realm where everyone is an eyeball. But they confess they like it here with me, so our interactions are pleasant. I think we-
[a large ink splotch covers the rest of this sentence, as if it was made from a hasty movement]

I didn't ... mean to. They scared me. The. The thieves. Robbers, really, with their knives pointed at me. They had a satchel full of books. I couldn't let them get away with it. Thieves.. Thieves. How dare they. This is a sacred temple, not some looter's haven. These books are priceless! But I.. fear I've desecrated this place worse than they.. Crimson. Everywhere. On me. On them. On the books...

June 11th, 1809.
Hypnos informed me that he had scared off other potential looters. I was grateful, but.. A part of me was also upset. The chance. The thrill of.. Hunting.. It intrigued me, as all these volumes had before.. And the books. They whisper more. I can hear them. They cry for more blood...

And I can only oblige them ✧✧✧

torn pages wrote:I let books get stolen. I can't believe this, I have failed worse than before. But I will not let them go, I won't. I swear. So I will hunt. I hear the books crying from outside the library. They are not meant for those deviant hands. I will go...
I have gone. They are back. Those who have taken my prized possessions have cried out at my sight, like I am some monster. I laughed in their faces, before... [drops of water have eroded the ink here, to a keen eye they appear to be teardrops]

I was overcome with a fit. I am sorry. My recollection is poor now, I don't remember what I did before. I can't make out the words on this page, but they are not important anymore. I've misplaced my glasses, and Hypnos and Thanatos are roaming to ensure no more thieves come in the night. Or the day. I can't tell the difference between them anymore. Time feels endless, every day merges into the next. How many years have I been here? Has it been an eternity? Is the kingdom still in place? Why... Why has no one come to collect me? Have I been forgotten? The High Priest of Philis? Forgotten by his friends? Coworkers? The royalty? I.. I must go lay down. My head is throbbing, my eyes feel as if they'll pop out of their sockets, or I'll drown in the tears that are coming.

[the rest of this page is indecipherable as it is mottled with ink, water, and dried blood]
▬▬▬✧✧✧▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬✧✧✧▬▬
Newspaper Clipping wrote:Fair warning to all who are deciding to traverse Western Paledon and experience it's ancient architecture! There is sightings of a hallowing beast that eats! yes, eats! well-meaning ponies who wander close to the old library! An abomination with a long neck that stretches through every alley in search for it's prey! Long, twisting limbs that scour over ruined houses to follow after innocents! Be ware of any eyes that seem to follow you, for these are the harbingers of this no-faced beast! You cannot escape it! Anyone who has tried has been devoured! The only way to steer clear of it is to steer clear of Western Paledon! Leave it to the farmers and cultivators, it is not a place for noble folk!

Pilgrims, leave your money and treasures behind, for if you traverse to that temple of Philis you are sure to die by fright or teeth! It is a no-pony's land, leave it to the dead!

On the 21st of November, 1915, Lunare entered Western Paledon as Emperor. Only the remnants of a palace and the Library remained, with meager farms scattered between both. His first hearings of the Librarian were scant and fear-filled tales that, while were startling, did not deter Philis' Blessed. Aeschylus' name had long been forgotten, as was his original figure, so Lunare was frightened and surprised to find that the tales were true, and this abomination before him was truly the Lunar Dweller. Instead of attacking directly, which Aeschylus was used to doing, he immediately sensed the presence of Philis in Lunare's heart, and backed away from the door to let the Emperor pass forward. Aeschylus remained in the rafters near the glass ceiling for the first forty years while Lunare rebuilt his palace, but he would wander forth at night to inspect what Lunare was doing. The next sixty years Lunare built a good reputation with the Librarian, finally having the permission to bring priests and priestesses of Philis to the Library to serve and worship in his presence again ▬✧✧✧▬▬▬

discordant scrawlings wrote:I've known her, I knew her, but she is not the same. Smells the same, sounds the same, but, ever more graceful and delightful and precious. Like gems. Like books...
The care she gives to me, the time she takes, when I am feverish with anger and hunger, to soothe and hold my presence of mind. An angel here amongst us, in Solene. Hypnos and Thanatos swarm around her when she walks close to me, chattering their strange little language in excitement at her presence here. I've recoiled, I do not want to get close to anyone, but something pulls at this deformed heart in my chest. I want to be close to her, I want her near me at all times, but even still.. I am fearful. If I hurt her, even as an accident or slip, I would never forgive myself. I'd fling myself to Philis forever if she gets hurt by my hand.
But perhaps, I should take the risk, because she is so lovely, and I do not see myself without her help.

Last edited by BornFromAshes on Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:04 am, edited 49 times in total.
BornFromAshes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✧The Librarian✧

Postby Metski » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:12 am

OMG AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. hes here everybody stay calm
Metski

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koegami » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:21 am

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
FREAKIN OUT
THIS IS PERFECT

bjorn avatar art by noch
      you can commission them here

koe - adult | mostly inactive | only here for simas
    discord: koegami | toyhou.se: koegami / alavii-cs

ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BornFromAshes » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:26 am

koegami wrote:ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
FREAKIN OUT
THIS IS PERFECT

SDHFGDSAHFG ASDF HI THANK YOU !!!!

Daioki wrote:OMG AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. hes here everybody stay calm

Ash/Ashie INFJ-A Artist
i've been burning incense, gone a little mad
trying to be religious, talking to the man
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
BornFromAshes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mylkie » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:32 am

but is he single....?
FBZDEZDESN NBZESTN JK he'd definitely eat me. I love his simple design though <3333
X
♢♢---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------♢♢

she/her Adult built like a dino pls no
Current Status: Commissions Open
Munchies | Fuzzy Raptors
DA TH Discord Mylkie#7763
Don’t get robbed this Holiday Season

♢♢---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------♢♢
Mylkie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griddle » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:18 am

The lil bowtie. 😭
-