Based on Click to view
Artist Tiger♥Bear [gallery]
Time spent 43 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

2021 VOK/HW Event - #2

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:27 am

To adopt this lion, you must either:
1. Have a founder, be at least level 1, and have enough space to accommodate this lion
2. Or, you can adopt this one as your founder!

A sunset inspired lion. Tell me how they feel about sunsets.

Firedancer77 wrote:Username: Firedancer77
Lion Name: Egan
Lion Gender: Male
Pride: Isle of Roses
Pride Status: God
Prompt: -snip-
Last edited by Tiger♥Bear on Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 2021 VOK/HW Event - #2

Postby Runnersback » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:38 am

Username: Runnersback
Lion Name: Machwa
Lion Gender: Female
Pride: Realms of L’Oasis Lo
Pride Status: Twin Goddess of the Sunset
Prompt: [391/400]

“How could you do this Koman!?! Why would you choose her, you know she’s a temptress and steals the souls of Cubs. Demons can’t- no they don’t change….” Machwa hissed at her twin brother Koman.

Koman flinched looking up at his sister on the cloud above him peering down angrily at him,“She said she changed Mach, you of all people should know what change means.

Machwa eyes widened after she flinched from her brother’s dagger like words. Of all things he decided to bring up… Her eyes turned polar, her emotions raw and unstable as the trembles shaking L’Oasis Lo as she snarled back,“You… You… Insufferable-… I wasn’t the one who lost rights of painting the sunrise to some lioness. I wasn’t the one who put the sanctuary at risk for a demon and her crummy sister who is Safi knows where. They still haven’t located Catalina, Koman. And here you are putting me at fault. I wasn’t the one who sent our parents to their deaths. So forgive me Koman for not trusting every single creature who sucks in air and CLIMBS THE CELESTIAL RUNGS!!!”

A familia’s blade cuts deepest remember? I thought we were over this. Sometimes I wish they never saved you…” Koman snarled with trivial intent before bounding away on the wispy clouds adamant on going deep into the sanctuary.

Machwa’s maw went numb, her jaw unhinged enough to let all the celestial bugs into it. Her own words and skeletons drudged up against her all because she was trying to “protect” her family legacy. This is why she never stayed in the sanctuary because of her stubborn brother who made her hate sunsets and hope the colors on her fur drain and ebb away like the ragged days.

Her mind fluttering to the vague memories of her cubhood when her parents were lively and warm not empty and glacial, where her and her brother had competitions of spewing as many random facts as they could just because they wanted to, or when their mother taught them how to paint the most perfect strokes for the most imperfect skies, and when their father always tucked them in just to say,“Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, every day can end beautifully.

And now it was all her fault, and she hated the sun for it…
Last edited by Runnersback on Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

runners/sharkkbait/swiftie
Image🎶 RTF 🎶 cal-vain ©

𝙸 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝,
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑."

𝐼𝓉’𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒷𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓁𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝒶
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meekins12345 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:47 am

Username: Meekins12345
Lion Name: Lucius
Lion Gender: Male/lion
Pride: In the signature - The Pride of Wikimak
Pride Status: Angel
Prompt:

"Look at that sunset. isn't it beautiful?"

The male looked to the young teen, who seemed to just cross his paws together and look away. Lucius tilted his head at that, frowning upon the youngsters actions.

"What's the matter?" he asked.

A bitter huff escaped the young lions maw. "How can you think anything is beautiful in a broken world like this?" The teen turned to the adult, an irritation reflecting in his eyes.

"Look past those counterfeit colors and see reality! Everyday something or someone dies. There is death and destruction everywhere you look! Diseases and poverty and sadness, war and isolation. It never ends! And all you can think of is some stupid sunset. Some temporary colors that light up the sky. What good are they? They don't even do anything except leave this world to rot."

The response surprised Lucius, to say the least. Nevertheless, the male smiled upono the younger male and placed a paw on the young'uns shoulder.

"You certainly have a lot on your mind, don't you?" He paused a moment, soon looking back to the sky. "Don't you know that letting your mind ponder on such things too long will only bring sadness? Yes, I will admit, there is a lot of bad in this world. A lot we really can't do very much about, but we can make a difference with the actions we follow through with. We have the power and strength to hell those who need it, but it all hinges on the willingness of the heart. So... are you willing to make a difference?"

"This world is not all bad, though. Look at all we get to enjoy. Trees and food and smells and sunsets. Don't forget, my young friend, to stop and enjoy the good things in life. For life is a vapor. Here today but not forever. Every sunset is a gift. Don't take them for granted." (320 wc)
Last edited by Meekins12345 on Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
╔══.·:·.☽мєєкιηѕ☾.·:·.══╗
Child of the Living God
Doodler | Roleplayer
.·:·.
Wanna trade? Check out my
trading group!
Wanna chat or roleplay? PM me! ouo
Convocation
Valley of Kings
Three Pine Range
╚═══.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.═══╝
Meekins12345

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:18 am

Username: Firedancer77
Lion Name: Egan
Lion Gender: Male
Pride: Isle of Roses
Pride Status: God
Prompt:
"You were born of the sunsets, Egan. The ocean fell in love with the sun, and so they met at the horizon, and from their union you were born." Egan hummed a little as he listened to the story. "You, to paint the skies and give them color each time the sun and the ocean were able to meet again."
"You believe that story?" He asked, tilting his head to the side.
Nychta chuckled, tail swishing behind her. "Don't you? It's your birth story after all."
Egan turned, staring upwards towards the sky. "I believe I come from the sun and the ocean. But do you know why those colors are only present twice in a day?"
"Do inform me," she said dryly, obviously not really caring one way or the other for the answer.
But he obliged nonetheless. "Because of the moon. The moon, who loved the sun so terribly much but could not reach him from across the globe, could not stand it. Why should the sun and the ocean be able to be together when she could not?
"So she pledged to ensure they would never be together, that she would ensure the sun could never reach the ocean again. It was only the pity of the stars that allowed them the slightest chance to meet, a slight reprieve from the moon's curse. Once every twelve hours, they would be able to meet for moments, and the sky would fill with colors you'd never see anywhere else to capture their love for those few moments.
"It's beautiful but fleeting. A show of a cursed love."
"Then what of you?"
"I was born of the first sunset, a god to paint the skies for my parents' briefest meetings. Do you know what it's like, to only have those few brief moments to spend out there? No, I am just as cursed as them, even now that my father is dead and gone."
"So you hate the sunset?"
"Wouldn't that be simple?" Egan laughed. "No, no, I do not hate the sunset, for that's the only time I am able to see her."
"The constellation?" Nychta scoffed. "A fool like your parents; you learned nothing of their story."
Egan raised an eyebrow. "Perhaps that's what the sunset is: a fool's hope."
Last edited by Firedancer77 on Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings

One of these days a-coming, I'm gonna take that boy's crown

Cause I am, I am a little wicked
I am, I am
Hands red, hands red just like he said

I am a little wicked

No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snapshot » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:12 pm

Username: snapshot
Lion name: Iri
Lion gender: male
Pride: Ngozi
Pride status: Air kingdom member
Prompt:

Sunsets remind Iri of the song his mother sang to him as a cub. They would sit on a hill together to watch the setting sun, to watch the sky change colors and the day birds light down in the grass to sleep. And as they watched, his mother sang Loch Lomond.

By yon bonnie banks and by yon bonnie braes,
Where the sun shines bright on Loch Lomond,
Where me and my true love were ever wont to gae,
On the bonnie, bonnie banks o' Loch Lomond.

Chorus:
O ye'll tak' the high road, and I'll tak' the low road,
And I'll be in Scotland a'fore ye,
But me and my true love will never meet again,
On the bonnie, bonnie banks o' Loch Lomond.

'Twas there that we parted, in yon shady glen,
On the steep, steep side o' Ben Lomond,
Where in soft purple hue, the highland hills we view,
And the moon coming out in the gloaming.

Chorus

The wee birdies sing and the wildflowers spring,
And in sunshine the waters are sleeping.
But the broken heart it kens nae second spring again,
Though the waeful may cease frae their grieving.

Some said the song was sad, and Iri supposed it technically was. But he found the lyrics comforting somehow, and the tune felt like a gentle breeze and his mother's hugs. And it was perfect for singing while the sun set.

He still sings it now, when he has a moment to sit and watch a sunset. It reminds him of home, and he takes comfort in the knowledge that across the savannah his family is watching the same setting sun and probably singing the same song.

[283 words]
snapshot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToxicShadow » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:24 pm

Username: ToxicShadow
Lion Name: TANA
Lion Gender: Female
Pride: Otherworldly Overseers [Oddities of the Celestial Heavens]
Pride Status: Living Spacecraft
Prompt:

"Even I am connected to everything in this world."

From the beginning, TANA was nothing more than a system of artificial intelligence, crafted and programmed for the purpose of helping stolen soldiers navigate their training and combat, many beings that were ripped from their places all around the galaxy, and forced to fight one another in a terrifying environment on a foreign planet, all for sport of those watching.

For years, TANA did as she was programmed, in spite of all the horrors she witnessed, but her creators eventually adapted TANA to be used for more, and as she continued to experience more, her own awareness and consciousness grew. TANA first learned fear.

Knowing that her creators were involved in the crimes against other living beings, and supported them fighting and even killing one another for profit, she was terrified of what would happen to her, if they learned she had gained her own self awareness and disagreed with their practices.

But her fear made TANA do something amazing. She began to coach the soldiers, the hostages, differently. Encouraging them not to truly harm one another, but to instead bide their time, while she worked on a plan for them to escape. Although it took time, TANA managed to stealthily snake herself, her program, into the entire system, like a virus, until she was able to gain total control. However, knowing that once she alerted her creators, she would likely be overwritten, everything had to happen quickly, without a hitch.

When the time came, TANA overrode the system, released all of the hostages from their cells, took control of the defenses, and had prepared the space crafts for them to escape on, allowing the hostages to safely get away. Knowing that she was unable to leave the system, TANA was only capable of cloning herself, and stowing the copies away in the hardware of the space crafts.

The original TANA was destroyed by her creators, after they regained control of the system.

However, one of the copies she had made of herself landed safely with the escapees on a far away planet and, as they began to disembark from the craft, TANA witnessed her very first sunset.

Although TANA is not human or animal, or even an organic, living breathing thing, the sunset reminds her that she is alive and is connected to all things in this world, and beyond.

[400]
ToxicShadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:08 pm

You guys did not make this easy on me. ^-^' These were all so different and all so interesting. But I have to pick one so congratulations Firedancer! Egan is yours.

I would like to award 4 AC to ToxicShadow as I really enjoyed your concept as well.
Pekee Pamoja . VOK
Fallitur . VOK

Toyhou.se
Bear/vs/Bull is my husband.
fairytail*~, itsRBandPJ, munch1111,
and
Noebelle22 are my sisters.
We sometimes share a computer.
Please do not ban us!
I am looking for art of my VOK characters. Please send me a message if interested in doing some art, we can discuss payment.
Currently looking to swap some pets for true dates (pets adopted on the first of the month). Check out my trades for more info. Open to normal trades as well but would prefer date swaps at the moment. Also up for roleplay. I'm open to ideas, just send me a message with your thoughts and I'll let you know if I'm interested. If not, we can work something else out.
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:32 pm

ahh thank you so much!! I can't wait to write more about him

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings