Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

dysphoria by hypnowave

Artist hypnowave [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
89 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

dysphoria

Postby hypnowave » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:22 pm

i don't want to bother anyone with my whining but my internalized homophobia and transphobia are both coming back in full force and it's affecting my mental health. i'll be putting it in transparent text since i don't want to trigger anyone or make them uncomfortable, i just needed to get my thoughts out :")

i know in my head that i am perfectly fine, that i'm not wrong or disgusting for who i love or who i am, and that these thoughts are completely irrational; and yet, my recent university classes have reminded me that i am not welcome here, that i am a moral transgression, that i am lying to myself, that i can be "cured" of this. i feel sick, i feel like my body is rejecting me, and i feel like i'm lying to myself whenever i call myself a man. i feel wrong for how i used to identify and how i identify today - no matter what i call myself, i'm still disgusting for it. when i thought i was cis i knew i was capable of loving women; when i accepted that i was attracted to men, it came with the realization that i was one too. i am always a mistake in the eyes of god.

it doesn't help that i am deathly terrified of talking about how i feel because i don't want people to misinterpret my words. i have never allowed my internalized homophobia or transphobia to harm anybody but myself. "do no harm" and all that, yanno? i just hope that eventually, that oath will extend to myself, and i'll be able to accept myself again. i spent years denying myself the luxury of calling myself a trans man because i couldn't go back once i accepted it. the moment i tell people i am trans, i accept that my name is not me, that my body is not me, that my perceived gender is not me. and that comes with so much baggage, most of which i don't think i'm equipped to carry. part of me regrets the decision to accept it, even though i know i would've been miserable if i hadn't. at least i get my moments of gender euphoria now.

anyways, rant aside.
    anyone else excited for montero the album? LMAOOO
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: dysphoria

Postby tūī » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:30 pm

hey jun (god i still absolutely adore that name),
      there's nothing wrong with feeling like that, you're extremely valid.
      just know that there are tons and tons of people willing to back you up. you are not alone in this.
      but i just want to say that there is absolutely nothing wrong with how you identify. how you identify doesn't affect anybody else, it's your own choice and whatever you identify as is 100% valid, no matter what anybody else says.

please do not regret what you've done, because you chose to really life your own life, and that is very admirable. it's not easy to come to terms with, that's for sure. but i'll let you know right now that there's so many people that will accept you no matter what.
      if you ever need to talk, you know where to find me <33

also yes i am pumped for the montero album LMAO
Last edited by tūī on Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tūī

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sputnikzero » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:50 pm

Hey,
I know this gets really hard.
Want to remind you that just like leaves said, you are not alone.
Nothing worth having is ever easy, and this is definitely not. I think you are real courageous in the process of finding out who you are and learning to love yourself. There's an entire community here too if you ever need some comfort. I'm here to talk.

also, that backdrop is gorgeous ^^
wip
wip
wip
©
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
★ ★ ★
Here if you need a pal :)
Ev | he/him | adult
Image Image
sputnikzero

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SurgeFire » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:41 am

i know it’s extremely hard especially in your situation, but you have quite a few people willing to appreciate you and accept you at least on here; and i hope you can at least remember that when trying to confront those thoughts. that’s what i've been told, when i think irrationally think of the evidence that doesn't support your thinking. you are never a mistake, because i wouldn't have gotten to talk to you or witness what you’ve been able to do on here ^^
like, this is beautiful, i adore the landscape!
SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:55 am

basically everything that leaves said. I'm not much for one that is good at wording things, but know that youre always welcome to blow up my discord DM's any time ya need, i may not know what exactly to say but ill always be the listener when needed. ^^
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:42 am

There isn't much I can say that hasn't already been said, but just know that there are so many people who love and support you jun! You are not a mistake, you are unique and wonderful and an absolutely amazing person. Everything you're feeling right now is totally valid, and you don't have to feel guilty for feeling that way or thinking those thoughts. Finding your identity and discovering who you are and how to be comfortable with that is a process that takes most people years into their adulthood. It's extremely admirable that you have acknowledged who you are. Things will get better man, and there's a ton of people behind you to help you along the way.

This is beautiful, by the way. Your backgrounds always continue to amaze me.
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pollee » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:27 am

I am so sorry to hear about the issues you are struggling with. I have been in similar waters. I found a verse in the Bible, 1 Peter 5:6-9 which will hopefully comfort you in your situation.
6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

I truly hope that you will feel better soon. I will pray for you and that God may give you guidance on your difficult path.
God bless you,
-Pollee
idk.
Pollee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hypnowave » Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:47 am

leaves wrote:
      hey jun (god i still absolutely adore that name),
      there's nothing wrong with feeling like that, you're extremely valid.
      just know that there are tons and tons of people willing to back you up. you are not alone in this.
      but i just want to say that there is absolutely nothing wrong with how you identify. how you identify doesn't affect anybody else, it's your own choice and whatever you identify as is 100% valid, no matter what anybody else says.

please do not regret what you've done, because you chose to really life your own life, and that is very admirable. it's not easy to come to terms with, that's for sure. but i'll let you know right now that there's so many people that will accept you no matter what.
      if you ever need to talk, you know where to find me <33

also yes i am pumped for the montero album LMAO

ansjsdfshkjaaa thank you bug <33 (and i love YOUR name mwah)
    i'm glad i managed to let myself acknowledge who i was/am, despite delaying it so much and taking so long, haha. definitely couldn't have done it without the help and support i've been getting lately. i really appreciate your words, especially in how identifying this way doesn't affect anyone else. i really need to remember that anyone who takes issue with it isn't worth my time of day :">

the tracklist looks SO GOOD i'm living

sputnikzero wrote:Hey,
I know this gets really hard.
Want to remind you that just like leaves said, you are not alone.
Nothing worth having is ever easy, and this is definitely not. I think you are real courageous in the process of finding out who you are and learning to love yourself. There's an entire community here too if you ever need some comfort. I'm here to talk.

also, that backdrop is gorgeous ^^

i took a hot minute to reply in general but gosh, evan, thank you so much :"]
    i know you're going through a lot too, so i hope i can offer you some comfort in the knowledge that you're not alone either <3 you got this, dawg

SurgeFire wrote:i know it’s extremely hard especially in your situation, but you have quite a few people willing to appreciate you and accept you at least on here; and i hope you can at least remember that when trying to confront those thoughts. that’s what i've been told, when i think irrationally think of the evidence that doesn't support your thinking. you are never a mistake, because i wouldn't have gotten to talk to you or witness what you’ve been able to do on here ^^
like, this is beautiful, i adore the landscape!

surge i would die for youuu <33
    but yeah, you have a point there - i've been meaning to put together a small channel in my personal server for little affirmations since those always mean so much to me and it helps to keep them at hand, lmao. ily man

JK341 wrote:basically everything that leaves said. I'm not much for one that is good at wording things, but know that youre always welcome to blow up my discord DM's any time ya need, i may not know what exactly to say but ill always be the listener when needed. ^^

no worries dude, i'm not feeling quite as wordy today myself, but i thoroughly appreciate you taking the time to drop by regardless <3 you're always such a ray of sunshine, thank you so much j!! :"D

Silver Pandorica wrote:There isn't much I can say that hasn't already been said, but just know that there are so many people who love and support you jun! You are not a mistake, you are unique and wonderful and an absolutely amazing person. Everything you're feeling right now is totally valid, and you don't have to feel guilty for feeling that way or thinking those thoughts. Finding your identity and discovering who you are and how to be comfortable with that is a process that takes most people years into their adulthood. It's extremely admirable that you have acknowledged who you are. Things will get better man, and there's a ton of people behind you to help you along the way.

This is beautiful, by the way. Your backgrounds always continue to amaze me.

i think that's one thing i also tend to forget - that there's no time limit to figuring oneself out or becoming comfortable with the reality of one's identity :") thank you, for both the comforting words and the compliment. <3

Pollee wrote:I am so sorry to hear about the issues you are struggling with. I have been in similar waters. I found a verse in the Bible, 1 Peter 5:6-9 which will hopefully comfort you in your situation.
6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

I truly hope that you will feel better soon. I will pray for you and that God may give you guidance on your difficult path.
God bless you,
-Pollee

well, when one abrahamic religion isn't doing it for me, maybe it's time i check out another /j
    i'm not really a man of faith, but i appreciate the sentiment.
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me