Based on Click to view
Artist nio [gallery]
Time spent 22 hours, 58 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
38 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Lambicorn #421 | Wordspinner

Postby nio » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:37 pm

UNIque superlunary paw-paw-cloven lambicorn
[ custom ears, custom tail, UNI extra limbs, UNI muzzle, UNI horn, weight (heavy), custom fur, oni teeth, glowing eyes, magic script, golden jewelry ]

my first UNI adopt!!! i hope you all like them!
i had the base idea of them scribbled down for a while... i wanted a lambie based on the idea of like. "god of words/writing"
thats why they're holding a script with minecraft enchantment table magical letters coming off it!

tell me a story they think is important.
it could have personal importance, or maybe send an important well-meaning message!
1000 words AND 1 art piece limits

⇣⇣⇣ CONTEST ! ⇣⇣⇣
⭐︎ Ends July 1 at CS rollover⭐︎
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]
Last edited by nio on Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

semi-hiatus! focusing on bettering my health ^o^
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lambicorn #421 | Wordspinner

Postby rem sleep » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:38 pm

Username: rem sleep
      Name: they are called only 'the wordspinner'
      Prompt:
      “What’s on that scroll, anyway?” Igneel the dragon asked, peering up at his companion. The two constructs had been around since the dawn of time, and yet they still knew only cursory details about one another. Their visits were rare and sacred because of that, and The Wordspinner found it odd that Igneel would open with such a question.

“I’m afraid I don’t know what you mean,” The Wordspinner replied, raising a curious brow at their companion.

“Well,” Igneel began, “I document history in my books and scrolls, from as far back as the first sunrise. What is it that you keep, if not the concrete facts of the world?”

“I do keep the facts,” The Wordspinner replied, “But there are some facts that cannot be written as such, some truths that exist only in fiction. Here, let me read you a piece from my scroll, from my collection of stories from the dawn of time, and then you will understand…”

The Wordspinner curled their tail around themselves, sitting back on their haunches and straightening their back. Using their top pair of paws, they held the scroll’s top roll, and the bottom arms secured the bottom as it unrolled and the stories within were revealed… It was an archaic collection that was as historical as Igneel’s documents, though more whimsical, more surreal. The Wordspinner was an archivist of fairy tales, myths and folk tales, of the stories people told throughout the years and what those stories meant. Their draconic companion huddled in close to hear the tale read aloud in The Wordspinner’s great voice.

~ ~ ~

There once was a blue bird who didn’t know how to fly. Try as he might, he was bound to his nest. He sat at his nest each morning and watched the other airborne birds soar by, all while he idly eyed his own useless wings. The bird had a visitor every day, a bright red cardinal, who sat and passed the time with him from his tree bound home.

“Why can’t you fly?” Asked the cardinal one day. He saw his friend eyeing the birds flying by them enviously and thought it pertinent to ask a question he hadn’t before. “Is there a reason you stay here every day, if you want to be in the sky?”

“You see, cardinal, I don’t know how,” the blue bird replied, crestfallen, “I was never taught.”

The cardinal ruffled his vibrant feathers at this, “Why don’t you learn?” He asked keenly, “I could teach you. It’s not too terribly hard for us feathered folk.”

The blue bird looked from his nest to the ground and felt the distance. Dizzy, he stepped back from the edge and nervously replied, “Oh, that’s fine cardinal, I’m alright. Maybe another time.”

“Maybe indeed,” The cardinal replied, eyeing his friend with obvious worry. But he let the matter lie for now. Days passed and the seasons changed from spring to summer to fall. The blue bird still sat in his nest alone as the world passed him by, receiving his usual visits from cardinal less and less as the world became colder and less forgiving.

~ ~ ~

“What happened next?” Igneel inquired, peering at The Wordspinner with curious red eyes.

“What do you think happens, Igneel?” They asked, glancing down at him, “Does the blue bird ever face his fears and learn how to fly? Or does he get left behind because he can’t face his fears before it’s too late?”

“Those are dire stakes…” Igneel muttered thoughtfully, his tail swaying back and forth contemplatively as he thought, “For the blue bird’s sake, I hope he finds the courage to ask his friend for help. That’s a hard lesson to learn…”

“Indeed it is,” The Wordspinner replied, “And just telling the blue bird that he needs to be brave and face his fears, and be willing to ask his friends for help, do you feel like that would help him?”

“Probably not,” Igneel thought aloud, “I feel he’d find that advice redundant… it wouldn’t at all help him to sort out his emotional reality… Wait, is that why you keep your stories instead of collections of facts?” Igneel tilted his head to the side. The Wordspinner looked back with a thoughtful smile but began to read again instead of offering a reply.

~ ~ ~

Fall was coming to a close and the birds were migrating to warmer climates. The cardinal came again to see his friend and asked, “Blue bird, are you sure you don’t want me to teach you to fly? I don’t mind it at all, and I’d like you to come with me this season.”

The blue bird looked up at his friend, who had continued to visit him despite his tree bound home. His hesitant eyes lightened. The blue bird ruffled his feathers and shifted his wings.

“I... think I would like that,” the blue bird offered, “Do teach me, cardinal.”

The two spent the last weeks of winter learning how to fly and training the blue bird’s wings for the winter journey. They ventured south together and for many years still flourished in their friendship together. In hindsight, the blue bird felt very silly for worrying so much about asking for lessons from his friend and was grateful for his loyal companion’s help.

~ ~ ~

The Wordspinner thinks all stories are important, which is why they document stories over histories. They have always found that emotional realities and moral messages are lost when written literally, but that they bloom like so many wild flowers when they exist in fiction for all to explore. The paradox of finding clarity in obscurity—of finding meaning without a literal statement—is deeply fascinating to The Wordspinner, and because of this they keep all stories in their infinitely expanding scroll. It’s not just one story that The Spinner finds value in, it is the entire practice of storytelling, which they exist to preserve and maintain.

[ 999 / 1000 ]
Last edited by rem sleep on Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vixentail » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:40 pm

aaaa mark!!
vixentail

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stqrveil » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:43 pm

Username: stqrveil
Name: Aamirah
Prompt: wip!
-wip sig-
please bear with me
feel free to chat or trade :]
stqrveil

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:20 pm

Marking this as well! Such a lovely design o.o
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VashTheStampede » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:49 pm

Username: MeepMorpLazuli
Name: tbn
Prompt: WIP
Last edited by VashTheStampede on Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageArt shopImageLF artImage
/ Vash / He/Him /
VashTheStampede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sadcat » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:11 am

Username: CatOwU
Name: Amalinder
Prompt: ◇ The colored cave ◇

Anyone would see it and think it's a normal place.

But looks deceive, don't they?

--------

Krisha is just a normal jeweler… or well, was.

She was going on a walk at night after she closed her shop, and decided to wander somewhere new.

She stumbled upon a forest and for a moment she hesitated getting in it. But something about the forest was pulling her in, it was as if the forest was whispering to her.

She grew up in a small town that was rumored to have witches living in it, so she was pretty used to magic stuff, she thinks so at least.

But this was her first encounter with actual magic. And she didn't even know it yet.

Walking inside the forest the pulling became stronger, and the whispering became humming.

She found a crow and a fox who walked towards her and then walked calmly further inside the forest, which picked her curiosity so she followed them.

After a few minutes walking behind the animals, they suddenly disappeared, and she found herself near a cave.

She walked inside of it cautiously, but the atmosphere and the view was making her relax.

There are crystals glowing dimly coming out of the greyish-blue cave floor and walls, and moss in the corners with a few glowing mushrooms growing near it.

The air is fresh and kind of humid, probably because of the small clear water pools in the ground. There seemed to be some glowing animals around, small and silent.

Suddenly, she saw something dark move at the corner of her eye.

"Who— Who's there?" She asked, looking in the direction the thing moved. She didn't get an answer, of course, but she did see something, a shadow. The shadow was completely still, and had the shape of a cat with three tails.

She walked nearer to it, and tried to search for its source, but couldn't find anything, and when she turned around, the shadow had disappeared.

She continued to walk through the cave, but this time looking around more cautiously, searching for the shadow.

Deeper inside, she found a big crystal in the middle of the cave, bigger than the others and it also seemed to shine brighter.

She walked closer to it, and everything around her became more silent, the crystal seemed to be the one humming. She listened to it, staring directly at it, and suddenly, the crystal shined bright green, brighter than she was able to see before. 

Suddenly, everything around her seemed to become brighter, she saw colors that her color blindness never let her see.

A black cat approached her, darker than any normal black cat, eyes blue like a clean lake and with three tails moving slowly.

Krisha stared at it, still shocked about what she could see now and what just appeared.

The cat was silent walking slowly towards her, and they just kept staring at each other. Then, the cat got surrounded by what seemed to be a black cloud of fog and when the fog disappeared, a woman was in its place. The woman had the same three tails and the same blue eyes as the cat. She wore a dark blue dress with some silver and gold sparkles over it, making it look like the night sky, and a cape over her shoulders with a cloud pattern 

She was looking down at her gently, and started speaking in an even sweeter voice than her expression.

"Welcome, Krisha, you have been selected." The woman said, and then continued to give a monolog about time traveling.

Krisha didn't even question anything of what she was saying, she was too busy listening to her melodic voice. 

She wasn't paying much attention, but she did hear something hag stuck in her head, "Your work is to fix mistakes of other time travelers, which means that you'll have to be more careful than anyone else, and you'll have to take risks."

The woman put her hand in Krisha's collarbone, and they both felt a burning sensation, she seemed to be using some kind of powers, because once she was done, she felt different in the best way possible and she could hear the earth whispering and humming again.

When she came here, she didn't expect to find a witch, or even become one herself, but somehow it had happened, and she was going to make the most of it.

Krisha expected to be anything in her life, but never thought about being a time traveler, yet here she was, with a shapeshifter black cat on her shoulder and a mission to complete every time a portal opened.

She looked at one of her four clocks in her wrists and smiled softly, knowing that the one glowing meant that she had to go do her work, so she closed her shop, let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding, and walked towards where the portal had opened.

words: 833
Last edited by Sadcat on Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:36 am, edited 6 times in total.
Previously CatOwU
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sadcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Furrydogs12 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:44 am

Username: Furrydogs12
Name: Mastro
Prompt: The story of the lamb who cried wolf.

There once was a lamb who was a big trouble maker. This lamb always was pulling pranks on his friends and family. He was given a task one day, a simple one: Warn is if there is any danger nearby. He took the task not very seriously and decided to pull a prank. He cried out, “Danger! Wolf!” And the people came up to scare it away but, there wasn’t any wolf there to begin with.

The next day, the lamb got bored again and decided to play the same prank on the others. “Wolf! Wolf!” He called out. And again, the other lambs came with weapons to scare the wolf away. But, again, there was no wolf.

The day after, the lamb called out again, “Wolf! Wolf!”. When the other lambs heard him, they ignored him, thinking he was tricking them again. The wolf swallowed up the lambie.
Last edited by Furrydogs12 on Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Furrydogs12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheWholeCircus » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:49 am

Username: TheWholeCircus
Name: Cariy
Prompt: wip
-w-
TheWholeCircus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosemoon » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:52 am

Username: Rosemoon
Name: Babel
Prompt: Babel sat down in front of a small group of young lambicorns, taking out his ancient scroll.
"Have I told you children about how the world's languages were created? It's very important to me, as a wordspinner and God of words, and as a passion for writing everything into existence," he began, and the lambabies shook their heads, "well then...
"it started long ago, long before your grandparents were a twinkle on the heavens. There were the Gods, and they had their own language which they kept for themselves selfishly.
"One day Cetus, the whale constellation, grew tired of their constant babbling. He was hungry and willing to eat anything. So he swam around the heavens and eating all the words of the Gods. The Gods were so infuriated, they sent the surrounding constellations, Aquarius, Pisces, and Eridanus, to retrieve back their words. The three hunted down Cetus and began to attack.
"Cetus bellowed with pain and thrashed around. He slammed on the trio who then jabbed him with spears. This caused Cetus to open his mouth wide and drop out all the words from his belly. The trio watched as all the words fell down to the earth, scattering themselves across the globe. The words were so scattered, the mortals started speaking in different tongues. But every place was speaking something different, and yet the same thing all at once.
"The trio decided to leave things be and return to their places in the sky with Cetus, much to the anger of the Gods. Once the Gods realized how much good came from sharing their language, though, they started to slowly accept this change. And that's how the world got it's languages".
Babel closed up his scroll and grinned. "The end".
A lambaby raised their hand and waited patiently.
"Yes my child?" Babel gestured towards them. The Lambaby cleared their throat.
"Why did the whale eat words? Why not stars?"
"Because the whale was already filled with stars, that's why it's a constellation. It was bothered by the God's babbling and decided this would suffice to help".
"Did the Gods become mute after?"
"Yes, for a small period, which is why they sent mortals omens and signs instead of speaking to them directly. Once the Gods visited earth, they were able to learn mortal languages and speak once more".
"What happened to the other constellations?"
"They all stayed within the sky to watch over us".
"Why do you like words so much?"
"Because words are important, my extremely curious child. Without them, we would not be able to communicate with each other. And I am not just talking about spoken word. I'm talking about written, sign language, body language, art, everything. Words are in everything we do and makes up our world as a whole. Your actions speak, your movements speak, your eyes speak, everything has it's own language and it's spoken in beautiful ways. Words are beautiful and important" Babel pat the lambaby's soft head gently and started to walk off.
"Now, run along! I have some more stories to write. Come back again, I'll tell you them all?"
Last edited by Rosemoon on Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rosemoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me