Based on Click to view
Artist wishbone! [gallery]
Time spent 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
27 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon Kit Readoption

Postby wishbone! » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:47 pm

As much as I would love to fit this kid into one of my worlds, I'm simply not attached to them in a way that would guarantee their development and flourishing as a character. That being said, I've decided to host a readoption to find a suitable home for them!

To win this beautiful baby, please tell me how they self-regulate! What does the gap between feeling and action look like for them?
Are they good at processing their feelings and making thought-out decisions, or are they more rash with their emotions and make choices lightly? Do they require lots of affirmation/direction from others or are they capable of moving forward with little outside support? Are they rooted in certain mindsets? Tell me about it however you feel is best!

In addition to the main prompt, you have 3 extras! They can be art, writing (400 words max per writing extra), playlists (no more than 10 songs), moodboards, whatever. If you have a question about something not specifically listed, you're absolutely welcome to ask me.

Code: Select all
[b]username[/b]:
[b]name[/b]:

[b]What's the process behind their behavior?[/b]: [800 words maximum]
[b]Extra 1[/b]:
[b]Extra 2[/b]:
[b]Extra 3[/b]:

This competition will end June 4th at CS rollover, giving you a little over a month to complete the prompt to the best of your ability. I'm so excited to see what kinds of personalities you'll create for this kit! See you then :^)
asterisk*; nicknames encouraged
adult
they/them
wishbone!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon Kit Readoption

Postby justamindset » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:52 pm

username: DragonOfEmber
name: Adriel

What's the process behind their behavior?:

Bells chimed to signal noon had arrived, the old bell tower in Adriel's quaint town ringing as proud as ever.

It hit Adriel a moment later that he'd stayed up all night once again, the blinking cursor on his screen taunting him as though to tell him he'd messed up. Adriel sighed. Being a young writer had it's perks, but paying attention to time wasn't one of them. It was a relief to him that his college was on spring break at the moment and he hadn't missed anything important.

Stretching out his limbs, Adriel got up to make his way to the kitchen. The small house he lived in was dark thanks to the blackout curtains Adriel had bought shortly after moving in - he wasn't a fan of the sun - and he tripped over something rough and hard as he entered the living room. A quick glance down let him know it was his German Shepherd's favourite rope toy. "Damien," He groaned, kicking the toy to the side, his dog only sparing a glance at him before returning to sleep.

If Adriel was honest with himself, Damien was the only reason he left his house - or looked at the sun. Adriel would much rather laze about than step foot out the door, his laid back personality lending to his lazy demeanour. Without his dog, Adriel could wholeheartedly say that he wouldn’t get anything done - or be a functioning member of society. It’s really only with alarms to feed and walk Damien that Adriel really has any semblance of time or responsibility. His self regulation revolves around his furry best friend.

Walking up to his fridge, Adriel looks at the carefully planned out whiteboard he has hanging there with all the things he needs to do clearly laid out. Although not completely helpful all the time, it did help - which Adriel was thankful for. 'Go For A Run' was written in clear printing, causing Adriel to groan. He knew he had to exercise, but this was his least favourite activity. Damien, on the other hand, was now slinking his way to the door - he knew what was coming.

Adriel put on his running shoes, and with one last wistful look behind him to his bedroom, Adriel grabbed Damien's leash, ready to begin their run.

------------------

It was over an hour later when the two of them dragged themselves inside. Adriel looked at his board again as he grabbed a fresh water bottle from the fridge, the cold bottle immediately collecting condensation as Adriel pressed it against the back of his neck. The cold felt refreshing, a stark, relieving contrast to the heat Adriel felt after all that running. He glared at Damien, who's deep brown eyes watched him from in front of his water bowl.

"If it weren't for you running off, we wouldn't be in this sweaty mess, so don't give me that look." Adriel scrunched his nose at his dog, taking the cold water and dumping out into the bowl for him. Damien immediately starts drinking, so the dog misses Adriel pointing at his board, pondering to himself. "D'you think I could skip this shower?" Heavy sigh, "Yeah, I'd better not."

And with that, Adriel made his way to the bathroom, ready to be clean of the sticky, sweaty mess he was in.

------------------

Adriel's shower was short, but it got it's job done. Freshly cleaned, he waded to his room, where he promptly flopped into his writing chair. He pulled out a bag of skittles from his drawer, ignoring the gnawing feeling of guilt as he blatantly disregarded the next part of his list - 'Eat Some Food'.

His board may help him self regulate, but no one ever said it had to do a good job...

[629/800]

Extra 1:
Extra 2:
image credits: everything but the centre image
book and quill

Last edited by justamindset on Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:59 pm, edited 8 times in total.

[♡] ember / / [♡] justamindset
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

[][][][][][][][][][]

information and links

kals // toyhouse // comms: open

𓆩*𓆪 and i know where to look 𓆩*𓆪

in permanent need of coffee

justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby redhorizon » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:52 pm

OOOOOO res!!! I will tidy up the writing and expand on it later, just wanted to get my idea down before I lost motivation haha

username: booshweasel
name: pelago

What's the process behind their behavior?: [800 words maximum]
Pelago is a very troubled kalon. He has trust issues and anxiety, as well as severe agoraphobia. Because of these, he is very calculated in his actions. He takes risk into account in every decision, every action, and he rarely acts impulsively unless it's out of fear. Fear is his kryptonite, as soon as he feels as though he's in danger he shuts down. His carefully calculated actions and methodical, thoughtful exterior dissolves and he's left a panicking disaster. Panic attacks are frequent for him, and while he's learned to manage them to the best of his ability, little actually helps. He's learned that the only thing that truly helps calm him is watercolor painting. His home is strewn with paintings of ships at sea, lighthouses, stormy oceans lined with jagged rocks, and other beautiful views he witnessed in his time as a sailor.
Extra 1:
Extra 2:
Extra 3:
Last edited by redhorizon on Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PFP by shadazee
redhorizon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mid-life » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:54 pm

res
mostly inactive. i've grown out of CS, however, it will always be part of my story and i will always carry fond memories of this site. I have tried many times in recent to become active again, but it has been difficult to find that imaginative and childish spark I once had visiting this site. i wish everyone well and hope that you find fruitfulness on and off of CS <3 thank you for the wonderful 11 years, ciao!
Mid-life

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:58 pm

Dropping out, good luck to everyone!!
Last edited by SilentMelody on Wed May 19, 2021 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!

signature art by LilBowPeep
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:59 pm

mark!
    lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
      Every night, 매 순간 널 데려가, yeah
      You get it right, lookin' at the starlight
Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:16 pm

username: nio
    name:

Extra 1:
    Extra 2:
    Extra 3:
Last edited by nio on Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilhouetteStation » Sat May 01, 2021 2:57 pm

username: SilhouetteStation
    name: Riam

Extra 1:
    Extra 2:
    Extra 3:

Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Tue May 04, 2021 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mackstarr » Tue May 04, 2021 4:50 am

username: mackstarr -- name: Cadmium
Kalon Rogue
_________________________________________________________________________________
strength: 10 - dexterity: 13 - constitution: 16 - intelligence: 11 - wisdom: 9 - charisma: 14

Extra 1:
Extra 2:
Extra 3:
_________

Hi, I'm Mack!
♥adult♥

♥proud cat-mom♥
toyhouse
art shop // DA
bilbo baggins?

mackstarr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chanhee. » Tue May 04, 2021 9:00 pm

username:nintendox
    name: ray

Extra 1:
    Extra 2:
    Extra 3:

i hope i have the muse for this,,,, gonna give him a lil magic 8 ball he uses to make decisions
chanhee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me