Based on Click to view
Artist redhorizon [gallery]
Time spent 37 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

maxwell

Postby redhorizon » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:57 am

Maxwell • female (she/her) • apprentice/trainee • 19

Born into a chaotic family, she hasn’t known much calm in her life. She was mostly raised by Lexie, Scout was usually away on missions for sometimes many months. She had a good relationship with both her moms. She saw Lexie as more of an authority figure, while Scout was more of a friend. When Scout would get home, Max was always waiting at the door to give her the biggest hug.

She has dyslexia, and has always really struggled with school and learning. When she was little, Lexie would try to show her the kind of work she does and she never did really grasp it. It was too many words on papers/screens, too many numbers and far too many names for her brain to process at any reasonable pace. So as she grew up, she turned to Scout and started to watch her, eavesdropping on conversations about missions and prying for as much info as she was allowed. Scout became a sort of idol to her, and she decided she wanted to be just like her when she grew up.

When Scout was home, she taught Max archery starting at age 9, and helped her learn to really excel at it. She also taught her self defense when she was 11, and different ways to get out of tricky situations. She became a sort of unofficial mentor.

By the time max was 15, she was an expert at archery. Scout would set up obstacle courses in their huge backyard to work on endurance and speed, and she’d do surprise self defense tests from time to time to test her skills.

When scout was away on missions, Lexie would teach her the logistics. She’d teach her how to write reports (despite her dyslexia making it a struggle), different ways to get information to her future handler if she didn’t have a phone, and other important things she’d need to know on the handler’s end of things.

While the training was intense, she had a life outside of it as well. She had 3 cats growing up and a betta fish, and when she turned 13 she got a dog to train with her (male border collie named Ace). She loved animals and would feed the deer that wandered into their backyard from her hands. She was very creative and loved to tell wild, imaginative stories even if she could never write them down.

When she turned 18, she finally started an official apprenticeship under Scout. Having trained her entire life for this, she tested out of the training portion and skipped right to the internship. She started going on the less dangerous, easier missions with scout, and sometimes her “aunt” (scout’s best friend) would even join them! She excelled, and was by far the most promising apprentice.

Now, at 19, her apprenticeship is almost over. She’s now joining scout on every mission, and she has far more freedom than she did before. In just a couple months, she’ll officially become an agent and be assigned a handler. She’s hoping she gets Lexie, but who knows, maybe she’ll get to meet someone new.

She and Ace are unstoppable. At the prime of their lives, they’re a dynamic duo who can accomplish just about any task, and nobody is worried about if Max will make it once she’s on her own.

Boosh unless we're friends ♡ He/him ♡ Trans/Bi ♡ ASD ♡ Partner (12/15/2019)

Artist/Designer
Linecook
Flutist

Harry Styles & Horizon #1 Fanboy

My partner, dog, rats and comfort games ARE my life

PFP by me, sig by Onlyhalfpigeon
redhorizon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes