Paolai by Kyar

Based on Click to view
Artist Kyar [gallery]
Time spent 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Paolai

Postby Kyar » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:48 am

Prince of the fae banished from the forest - he and his sister Elevieve carried away by his river spirit mother (Ophelia) in a raft made of lilies. Found by a young couple and raised alongside their own child, Paolai was limited to the homestead for many years for fear his origin would be discovered.
Eventually, nearing his twelfth birthday, whispers of the fae child tore him away from his sister and family and led him to imprisonment as bargaining fodder - iron shackles keeping him from accessing his ancestral power to aid him.
His late teenage years brought about an unexpected relationship with a young prison guard, and eventually his lover allowed his escape. As agreed, Paolai remained hidden for several weeks before returning to retrieve his companion only to find that his lover's act of treason had led to his death. Enraged with grief, Paolai laid a curse upon the castle, tearing it from its earthly residence and banishing it to the fae forest - dooming all who resided within its walls. What he didn't know was that his sister had taken up the sword to defend the kingdom, and had been working herself to secure her brother's release. In banishing the castle, he banished her as well, back to the land of their birth. When he realized what he had done, he lacked the power to release her - but his father Odellam's feud with the spirit of Nature Esme meant he was still banished from the land of the fae. Only his grieving magic had been powerful enough to break his sister through, and it had taken all he had to do so - he couldn't bring her back.
As years passed, their mother eventually found her daughter and has helped arrange meetings for the two at the mouth of her river, where the Earthly realm and fae realm intersect, slowly building her own magic to break the Paolai's unintended curse on his sister.
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me