Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Trinkets! by Silver Pandorica

Artist Silver Pandorica [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Trinkets!

Postby Silver Pandorica » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:29 pm

Got inspired by this by That's Offensive!

I tried not to do my super sentimental/treasured items and
stick to trinkets, but most of these aren't tiny. Also, maybe I could
draw all my Disney pins at some point if anyone is interested?
Anyway, here's some short descriptions of the items!

Bob: A stuffed cat plush that I bought a couple years ago. When he came in the mail, my dad jokingly asked what his name was and called him Bob, and its been Bob ever since. I cuddle with him at night, he's super soft and squishy. Also, if I ever go out of state/spend the night away from home, he comes with me!

Silver-Coated Peanut Necklace: Yes, it is an actual peanut. If you shake it, you can feel the peanut moving inside the shell. On vacation with my family on time, there was this dude with a booth by the beach selling necklaces with objects that he coated in metals. He had all sorts of cool stuff. Acorns, leaves, and of course, my beloved peanut. It is beautiful and I love shaking it and feeling the peanut moving inside lol

Random Pins: Pretty self-explanatory. I don't really wear them or have a place to put them/display them, so I kinda just hoard them?? I have an entire wishlist on Wish dedicated to pins, and I'm constantly impulse-buying cute or funny pins when I see them.

Dying Snow Globe: Like half the water is gone now, but I can't ever get rid of it. Way back in fifth grade, my best friend moved away. She was so special to me, and I cried all the time after she moved. When she was staying in Kansas for a while before moving to her final destination, she mailed me a little package with some things from there and that included the snow globe. We aren't in contact anymore, since we were using our moms' emails to communicate and that didn't last for long, haha. Still miss her though, she was pretty awesome.

Crayon Candle: Made this from melted crayons on Colonial Day in fifth grade. I think I peaked in fifth grade. Best teacher, great friends, and no anxiety. Also, we did fun days like this. Colonial Day was where we all dressed up like, in old fancy clothes and stuff and made candles, played games with sticks and hoops, and made dolls out of straw. Pretty rad.

VW Bus Drive: I just like sliding the flash drive part in and out?? Its really satisfying for some reason. ALSO THIS THING ROLLS. The wheels actually work. Got it at a car show.

Picture + Card: Fifth grade again. We went on a trip to see something and then went down the river in a boat. Every time I think about that trip, I smile. Things were so much simpler back then. I had such a blast. We saw mountain goats and a blue heron, and walked around the little sandy banks joking around like idiots. At the end of the year, our teacher gave everyone a picture with a note on the back. Mine was a picture from that trip, and on the back was a note from my teacher thanking me for the delicious hot chocolate I had given him for Christmas.

Disney Pins + Lanyard: I was a lot younger the first time I went to a Disney park. It was the Year of a Million Dreams, and I got a lanyard + some limited pins from that time. Since then, my family has gone back a few times (to both Disneyworld and Disneyland) and I've collected a small handful of pins. My favorites include Perry the Platypus wrapped up in Christmas lights, Remy from Ratatouille, and a Mickey head wheel thing that spins and has different theme parks on it.
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Trinkets

Postby hypnowave » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:47 pm

i love how much someone's personal belongings can say about them,, i think the silver-coated peanut necklace in particular is super cool, gosh :0c also i would give anything for a perry the platypus themed souvenir sjnsghfgsdf
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Trinkets

Postby Silver Pandorica » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:50 pm

reyligion wrote:
    i love how much someone's personal belongings can say about them,, i think the silver-coated peanut necklace in particular is super cool, gosh :0c also i would give anything for a perry the platypus themed souvenir sjnsghfgsdf

fr!! also yes it is a quality accessory fhdjkhaflsdf,, and perry is just amazing how could i resist
i kind of want to draw a bunch of my special plushies now fhjdklsaf
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Trinkets!

Postby That's Offensive » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:38 pm

I love seeing stuff like this! items that might not have any material value but mean alot to someone, hearing their story, it makes me smile even if I have no emotional connection to these items myself (: the peanut sounds like something I'd buy on vacation, put in a bag and forget about for a couple of years, dig up while cleaning and then treasure for the rest of my life. random little trinkets, especially obscure ones, are one of my favorite things about humans :3

Hiya! ^^
Im That's Offensive but you can call me El or Frog if you want to, I use they/them pronouns but I dont really mind she/he pronounce. Im a swedish artist that has been hanging out on CS since 2015 and this place really feels like home, this site and the people on it are really important to me~
have some questions for/about my characters? // need art tips?
to find some more art by me you can message me for instagram, flipanim and TH links ^^"
That's Offensive

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Trinkets!

Postby Silver Pandorica » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:38 am

That's Offensive wrote:I love seeing stuff like this! items that might not have any material value but mean alot to someone, hearing their story, it makes me smile even if I have no emotional connection to these items myself (: the peanut sounds like something I'd buy on vacation, put in a bag and forget about for a couple of years, dig up while cleaning and then treasure for the rest of my life. random little trinkets, especially obscure ones, are one of my favorite things about humans :3

same here! it's so funny that we as people collect random objects and hold them so dearly. from coins and bottlecaps to rocks and candy wrappers, we assign values to these material objects. the best part is that they all have a story or reasoning behind them. and i totally get that!! every time i do a deep cleaning and reorganizing of my room, i find something that i haven't seen or thought about in a long time and it just makes me happy to remember it.
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes