Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Sequi V3 | Simplified Genetics ARPG by HEXORCISM

Based on Click to view
Artist HEXORCISM [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Sequi V3 | Simplified Genetics ARPG

Postby HEXORCISM » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:45 pm

dnp. reserving 1 page (10 posts) before marking opens.
bc im indecisive and wordy and ill probably need them all.

yeeea theyre back. theyre prettier.
theyre simpler.

ill work on filling out the posts / formatting after ive got everything reserved, but everythings still up on the last thread if you need to read anything! the google doc still exists. the only completed things that may be changed are the traits and minor wording in the rules, and the rules regarding gifting / trading.
it might take me a good week or so before any adopts come out. i've got to finish setting up everything & real life doesn't go away. i'll try to get the artist search and myo event up before i get to adopts, but it depends on how busy i am and my motivation.
not me once again forgetting my signature

"Sequi have finally become domesticated, and with domestication comes with a few changes. People have simplified their traits through selective breeding, making them much easier to understand and work with. Selective breeding has greatly weakened their magic, and sequi now have runes on their collars to help amplify what little remains. The runes seem to help a bit, giving the sequi small control over whatever element their rune corresponds with. Runes are semi-permanent; they are incredibly expensive (time-, magic-, and money-wise) and hard to ensure are accurate enough to not cause any harm. Removing runes requires special equipment and skill. If you’re really determined, they can be changed, though it will cost more than the average person can afford. Fortunately, you’re not the average person: you’re part of a group of scientists looking to further refine sequi genetics. Changing a sequi’s rune may still cost a lot, but it’s attainable with your salary and connections, and vital to certain genetic projects. "

What about the last thread?
    It's unlocked for now. I'll get some of the old oekaki posts that can still be edited by the public locked in a bit; I want to get everything for the most part set up before that. I can go back and grab anything I need easier then.
What happens to V1 / V2 sequi?
    All V1 / V2 sequi are classified as the 'ancient' subspecies. With completely reworking the traits, most of the rarer ones were no more than uncommon at best. It's a bit of a compromise.
    V1 / V2 sequi are in a 'dormant' state for now. They aren't voided -- they still exist as sequi, but there are a few I am debating about forcing a revamp on. I don't have time to go and transfer every single one right now, especially if previous owners aren't interested anymore. It's easier to have those that want a transfer fill out the form for it, and work on the ones that want to be worked on, rather than put energy to ones that won't be touched again.

I don't have a transfers / off-oekaki customs thread up, so nothing can be done right now. NPCs will be done first.
Where are the collars you hinted at?
    There's no reference for them! While rune collars for all subspecies but ancient are canon, they aren't required. There's no 'official' way to draw the collars either! You can have any type of collar you'd like -- and if you don't like the runes but still want to follow lore? There's no specified location on the collars the runes are located ;)
Does lore have to be followed?
    No. It just exists to make sequi more interesting and another part of what makes sequi... sequi. If you don't like it you can go make your own, put them in your own worlds, whatever you want. As long as the rules are being followed, there's no limits.
Where did the old V3 lines go?
    I still have them. I didn''t lose them I swear! Between the struggle an off-oekaki species would be (not just attention-- but trying to to figure out how to do the masterlist, adopts, events, etc.), not knowing how to distribute the file -- especially in a way that was not public -- and the trust that would have to go with it, it was just faster and easier to make a new oekaki thread. With new lines, of course.
'Simplified genetics ARPG'?
    ...Yes. None of the complex horse / dog genetic stuff you see on here, but certain things will influence other... things. Runes aren't here just to be pretty, you know. I think I've got the barebones idea of what I want in the Google Doc.
    I will probably incorporate a lot of what was supposed to originally be in Ranger Raptors; it might still happen one day, but it's a lot easier to reuse certain parts for similar concepts. Mostly, the foraging / exploration system. I might also bring in the 'stables' / limited space for adopts concept as well, but sequi was not supposed to be as development-, community-, and competition-driven as Ranger Raptors. There was a concept similar to what Ranger Raptors would have, so if there is demand and staff, then it might happen.
You fixed the old traits?!
    Yeah. The old trait list was dumb. Specific colour rarities? No thanks. If it feels jarring to you to suddenly have solid black and white sequi running around, the lore also explains it if you'd like an explanation other than 'sequi god made solid natural colours common.'
Subspecies?
    There are 5. There is no visible difference between two of them. Those two have a minor difference from one. Only desert have a major physical difference -- on the oekaki anyway. If the bases were drawn to scale it'd be much more noticeable (and it'd kill the oekaki file to have 5 slightly different fully filled bases).
...Capracharons?
    Eventually. I plan on revamping them too, and having sequi and cc closely intertwined. They probably won't get as large of an overhaul as sequi, but I want to get sequi going before moving on to them.
HEXORCISM

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HEXORCISM » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:45 pm

res
HEXORCISM

My pets