Artist pallis [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
63 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Kyar

staff litter 2020 - east of the sun, west of the moon

Postby pallis » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:06 pm

sorry this is late! i've had this sitting in my open tabs since saturday night but i've been too busy to post fractured my wrist sunday lmao

i wasn't planning on doing one this year, but i couldn't resist the theme ;v; my staff kalon this year is based off of the norwegian fairy tale 'east of the sun and west of the moon'!

edits:
s - shine, hair; c - tail; uc - ears, shorter fur;

to try out for this kalon, show their character in 3 parts! this can be through writing or art - so long as each section is distinct from the others. the max for each section is 1 piece of art OR 500 words of writing. feel free to mix and match art and writing, or stick to just one for each part. what you include in each part is open to your interpretation :>
Code: Select all
username:
kalon name:

part 1: (1 art piece or 500 words)

part 2: (1 art piece or 500 words)

part 3: (1 art piece or 500 words)

prettying up is allowed, extras are not. total limit for art is 3 pieces, total limit for writing is 1500

end date is 1/10/2021 at 11:59 pm mst - an extension may be granted though!
♫ but you couldn't stand the weather here ♪
----------------------------------
pallis // adult // they/them

artist for kalon adopts

pallis#4972

----------------------------------
kalon adoptsmy kalonsdeviantart

|| || || ||

sig art by basketworm
pallis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: staff litter 2020 - east of the sun, west of the moon

Postby lumilys » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:09 pm

mark oml <3
lumilys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sullivan Maurus » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:46 pm

username: Clement
kalon name: Selene

WIP
Gone.
Sullivan Maurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beebun » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:18 pm

username: Coraly
kalon name: Caleb Finley
“Childhoood terrors”

“The Siege”

“Finally growing up”

Mark ahhhhhhhhh
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

a flicker

Postby néktar » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:17 pm

username: nektar | kalon name: lilith

at first there was nothing
      ─ an empty desert with no life in it, dried of rain, and no promise of any as the pale blue sky stretched over the rising dunes. the sands golden as they reached for the sun, missing it by mere inches. the wind blew them softly creating ripples like that of pebble thrown in a lake. the sun scorched the sands in the daytime making it much too hot to stand upon though this wasteland became the most beautiful place at night. as the sun clambered down from the sky, the golden sands turned to a pale blue under the light of the cool moon. the sky seemed to awake as stars put on a shimmering display for no one to see. the night winds still creating the same ripples though this time it almost looked like an ocean, it was a moment to breath. this how she saw herself in her minds eye, in her head she would switch from a blistering sunlit desert to a gorgeous moonlit land. though in both she was utterly alone, left to wander with only herself.

then there was light

and then there was me

néktar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:04 pm

username: kyar
kalon name: elandra emoni

part 1: 14th of second sector, 2259

explosives rumbled distantly, gunfire crackling in the firelight reflected in her eyes. what little sky remained visible was marred with smoke and flames, only hinting at moonlight beyond the endless towers of the City now shadowed by the Government militant ship. she hadn't seen a ship like this in person since she was a child, not since the bioraids. her hand pressed against the glass and she felt the warmth, closing her eyes to the screaming battle so close now--

"your Honor. the transport is ready. we're out of time."

elandra's eyes opened again, her own aged, stony face reflected back in the familiar windowpane, expressionless, emotionless. where there should have been wrinkles, smooth skin still blanketed her sharp features. the age only shown in her eyes. her eyes, turned to the rattling hull of the ship once more, rebel forces on the ground bombarding every panel with every ounce of their power, everything they had. giving everything to destroy everything she'd ever known.

"come," the servant insisted, his eyes wide with unshakable fear, knuckles white as they clutched her bags.

elandra pulled her cloak tightly around her shoulders, stepping calmly across the vibrant marble floors, and left her home
forever.

part 2: 1st of third sector, 2242

"you don't understand!"

the man's voice rasped, his filthy clothes scattering dirt and dust as he pulled at the electromagnetic shackles secured tightly to the guardrail. the guard beside him moved in to sedate him, but a raised hand from the judge stopped him, and he reluctantly lowered his weapon.

"please! what i've done is only what i had to do! you don't know what it's like!"

"you do not deny that you have broken the law," elandra repeated back to the prisoner, coolly, her voice so practiced it spun the words like silk. "you have known the laws of the City all your life, and the consequences for your actions are clear."

"the law!" the man laughed, a wildness in his eyes as he leapt to his feet. again, the guards moved in, but the icy eyes watching over them stopped them dead.

"your law!" the man shouted on, "your law does nothing for us! you know nothing of us!" his wrists bent at a disgusting angle as he strained, his hands turning colors as he pulled, pulled, like it was all he had. "you think you know the law! you don't know what the law means to us! to real people!"

"your Honor!" one of the guards insisted, but the calm in her face was unwavering. her hand waved their dismissal, and they stepped back to the wall, each clutching their weapons tightly.

"you Government workers, you aristocrats, you wealthy beasts!" the man tore on, tears mixing with the mud on his face, the dried blood below his nose flowing away as it mingled with his tears. "you know nothing! you care about nothing but your money and your face!"

his body shuddered, and he dropped to his knees, arms still trapped against the bar now held above his head.

"you don't see us suffer, your Honor. you don't know what it's like."

he looked up to her then, a strange, primeval fire in his eyes.

"one day you will, for all the suffering you've done unto us, your people... your City... your law. they'll all fall, they'll burn, and you'll know only just a fraction of what it's like for us."

silence fell over the courtroom, the same silence that had held in elandra's heart for so many years. deep, buried, somewhere inside, her foundation faltered.

but the law was the law.

"convict 59932 will be transported to detention 692001 for the duration of 8 years, pending laboratory reassignment after 2 years, beginning--"

"NO!" the man cried out, and as she continued, his screams to overturn her ruling, she spoke clearly, calmly, directly into the microphone, his wails a distant echo as she recorded another nameless man's fate.

part 3: circa 2215

a low, droning rumble built up over the skyline as the milky sun dipped behind the sparkling hull of another Government ship. elandra's tiny hand waved furiously, as it always did, just in case her father was aboard, that he might see her and be smiling down as they passed.

"come along, ela," her mother called gently, and the young girl, eyes bright with wonder, skipped to her mother's side. little hands found their way into the gossamer fabric of her mother's dress. her mother smiled warmly down at her as she tousled the young girl's bouncing curls.

they often walked the shopping district, lofted high amidst the endless City buildings. it was an ordinary day, not so unlike any other, until young elandra spotted a pair of eyes peering out from a peculiar place.

a tiny space between two buildings, barely large enough for even the small boy to squeeze between. but something was strange about him. the way he dressed was so foreign and odd, she was irresistibly tempted to say hello.

breaking away from her mother, elandra gave a welcoming wave, and the two met at the edge of the opening - she, in the light, while he remained shadowed.

"who are you?" she asked, taking in the oddly... plain clothes he wore. he looked dusty, like the workers she sometimes saw from their penthouse window, working away on buildings far below.

"no one," he answered gruffly. "can you spare a coin i can have?" he pressed then, noticing the little satchel over her shoulder.

"well..." she began, glancing back towards her mother. "i suppose that could be alright." digging into her savings, she picked up a shimmering silver credit, and was about to hand it over when heavy hands suddenly grabbed her, pulling her back. she gasped, the coin falling to the ground.

"thanks!" the boy shouted, darting between the hands of the guards, grabbing the coin and darting off, whistles and lights ringing behind him. still restrained by the man, elandra began to cry, until she was promptly passed back to her mother.

"what happened, ela? are you alright?" there was desperate worry in her mother's face, like she had never seen before.

"i-i tried to give the boy a credit and they grabbed me," she sobbed.

"oh, shh, sweetheart... they don't allow beggars in the streets here," her mother explained, her gentle, silky voice so perfectly soothing.

"why?"

"oh, my dear, it's the law. the law protects us all, from chaos and fear... even the lesser people, like that boy. they need the law too. it's what makes this world a better place. for us, and for them too."

elandra listened carefully, her mother's words sinking in slowly.

"it makes life better?"

"yes, my dear, it does."

"then... then i want to make the law too. i want to make life better for that boy."

her mother laughed, holding her daughter's curls as she kissed her forehead.

"you will, my dear. i know you will."

201 // 451 // 500
((1152))
Last edited by Kyar on Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 76heart » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:06 pm

hell yeah big mark

username: 76heart
kalon name:

76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:13 am

username: KestrelTheFirecat
kalon name: ying

part 1: the first light.

part 2: the first song on the air

Ying hums along and watches the world dawn before her. She starts to hum and sing along to the worlds music. She watches the world and starts to sing

“Oh ma douce souffrance
Pourquoi s'acharner? Tu recommences
Je ne suis qu'un être sans importance
Sans lui, je suis un peu paro
Je déambule seule dans le métro
Une dernière danse
Pour oublier ma peine immense
Je veux m'enfuir que tout recommence
Oh ma douce souffrance
Je remue le ciel, le jour, la nuit
Je danse avec le vent, la pluie
Un peu d'amour, un brin de miel
Et je danse, danse, danse, danse, danse, danse, danse
Et dans le bruit, je cours et j'ai peur
Est-ce mon tour?
Vient la douleur
Dans tout Paris, je m'abandonne
Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole
Que d'espérance
Sur ce chemin en ton absence
J'ai beau trimer
Sans toi ma vie n'est qu'un décor qui brille, vide de sens
Est-ce mon tour?
Vient la douleur
Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole vole
Dans cette douce souffrance
Dont j'ai payé toutes les offenses
Écoute comme mon cœur est immense
Je suis une enfant du monde
Est-ce mon tour?
Vient la douleur
Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole vole”

She smiles and watches the world bloomed around her

*quick note the song is Dernière Danse Song by Indila*

[322/500]
part 3: the first friends

Ying hums and spots a small creature creeping along and she whistle and pads to the kalon and says “hello” the silver kalon watches and whispers “hello” ying smiles and says “follow me to a wonderful place” the kalon nods and smiles “I’m Isabelle” ying smiles and says “im ying” she smiles the silvery kalon smiles and those two become the best of friends.
[67/500]
Attachments
B962BADF-111B-4B48-A611-05609E92FBFC.jpeg
Just in case if the image doesn’t work
B962BADF-111B-4B48-A611-05609E92FBFC.jpeg (480.63 KiB) Viewed 425 times
Last edited by KestrelTheFirecat on Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:58 am, edited 5 times in total.
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cheeb » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:46 am

marking!! 👀