Based on Click to view
Artist ty_tay [gallery]
Time spent 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rohktan #210

Postby ty_tay » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:02 am

What are Rohktans?
Rohktans are a large sentient feline species that lives alongside humans and elves. They come in a wide variety of sizes, shapes and colors. Some have the ability to control magic while others prefer to use their strength or voice.

This rohk likes to collect things! I want you to tell me what this rohk collects, why they collect them and what their most treasured collected item is and how they got it. You must use at least 500 words. You may use more and you may add drawings, but to qualify you must use 500 words.

Code: Select all
Username:
Rohktan Name:

Rarity: Rare
Traits:
Standard Ears
Bobbed Tail (Common)
Leg Feathering (Common)
Long Fang (Common)
Colored Scelera (Uncommon)
Crystal Teeth (Rare)
Scales (Rare)
Crystal Patches-Scales (Rare)

END DATE: 12/4/2020 @11:59 pm EST
"Youre uncomfortable now? You should walk into one of their hideouts. Its like stepping on a hornets nest, kicking it and then setting it on fire." -Avian (Dissent)

ImageImage
Art by: me (with a mouse)
Art of: Mars & Jenova

Art by: preppy paws | Art of: Mars |Art by: Me | Art of: Rune

My Characters! *OLD* *NEW* - Rohktans - My CWHR horses
RP/Characters - X - VoK
I have old characters for trade here pm me if youre interested in one. Do not post on my thread please; its for character storage.
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rohktan #210

Postby FateStoryteller » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:02 pm

Username: PixieStoryteller
Rohktan Name: Jem
Class: Magi

Jem collects many different things. Beetle shells, smooth stones, oddly shaped sticks, discarded glass or metal that shimmered in just the right way, flowers, and leaves which he dries carefully and preserves. All of these items are kept in satchels that he keeps on her person at all times, despite the clunky look it gives her. The reason they collect so many, and such different items originates back when their magic first made its appearance.
They were about 6 or 7 years old and they were tagged to be magical, due to the gems which had shown themselves at their birth. However, up to this point, nothing magical had occurred. Even so small, Jem could feel the pressure to display some kind of magical talent.
One day, they were sitting by a river bank, staring hard at the water to try and make it move. She had already tried the same with a stone, tried to grow a sprout into a sapling, and multiple other things which they thought would be "magical". The shimmer on the water, though, was beginning to hurt his eyes. Sighing, and with a tear beginning to burn the corners of his eyes in his frustration, Jem looked down, preparing to sob out his despair. However, he was distracted by something that shimmered. Her sorrow forgotten, the young Rohk bent down to inspect more closely whatever it was. It turned out to be a small stone that had cracked open and had crystals inside.
"Pretty..." Jem mumured to herself and turned the stone over with her paws to see the gems better.
She glanced back at the river's shimmering surface and suddenly felt a pull in her paws. She looked down at the stone again and back at the river. Finally, she picked up the stone in a paw and clumsily tossed it into the stream. As the water splashed up from where the stone had entered, she felt able to tell the splashed water where to go. For the next half an hour she entertained herself with tossing the water back and forth around the river bank where she was. Afterward, she ran back to her parents to tell them what happened.
They were so excited, they wanted her to do it again. They figured, since she was able to manipulate the stream's water, that it was water she had a talent with. So they brought her to the pond near their home and waited. She tried for a few minutes to just concentrate, the way she did before. But when nothing happened, she frowned.
"I... need something." she said, and looked around.
He was looking for another sparkly stone like the one he'd used before. but he couldn't find any here. Jem was about to give up hope - feeling flushed with embarrassment and worrying that his parents would think him a liar - when she saw a stick, whose twigs all pointed down, making it look like some kind of insect. It made Jem giggle. They bent down to pick up the stick in their teeth and as they did, all the other sticks within ten feet rose off the ground in addition. Jem found they could move the sticks in any direction that they moved their head. His parents were amazed.
And that was how Jem's magic seemed to work. He would find something interesting that was either fascinating, beautiful, or funny to him and they found they could use the objects for magic. It has never been clear if they truly need the objects to use their magic or the emotions that they provoked were all that were required. However, he never really cared to find out and just keeps a large collection of things which he likes for whatever reason on her person. She has gained enough control by now that she doesn't have to rely entirely on the object which initiates the magic, so they don't really need to have so many things on hand anymore, buuuut... The different items give her joy one way or the other and she's been in the habit of collecting them so long, what is the harm in collecting a few more?
FateStoryteller

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ty_tay » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:27 am

PixieStoryteller wrote:Username: PixieStoryteller
Rohktan Name: Jem
Class: Magi

Jem collects many different things. Beetle shells, smooth stones, oddly shaped sticks, discarded glass or metal that shimmered in just the right way, flowers, and leaves which he dries carefully and preserves. All of these items are kept in satchels that he keeps on her person at all times, despite the clunky look it gives her. The reason they collect so many, and such different items originates back when their magic first made its appearance.
They were about 6 or 7 years old and they were tagged to be magical, due to the gems which had shown themselves at their birth. However, up to this point, nothing magical had occurred. Even so small, Jem could feel the pressure to display some kind of magical talent.
One day, they were sitting by a river bank, staring hard at the water to try and make it move. She had already tried the same with a stone, tried to grow a sprout into a sapling, and multiple other things which they thought would be "magical". The shimmer on the water, though, was beginning to hurt his eyes. Sighing, and with a tear beginning to burn the corners of his eyes in his frustration, Jem looked down, preparing to sob out his despair. However, he was distracted by something that shimmered. Her sorrow forgotten, the young Rohk bent down to inspect more closely whatever it was. It turned out to be a small stone that had cracked open and had crystals inside.
"Pretty..." Jem mumured to herself and turned the stone over with her paws to see the gems better.
She glanced back at the river's shimmering surface and suddenly felt a pull in her paws. She looked down at the stone again and back at the river. Finally, she picked up the stone in a paw and clumsily tossed it into the stream. As the water splashed up from where the stone had entered, she felt able to tell the splashed water where to go. For the next half an hour she entertained herself with tossing the water back and forth around the river bank where she was. Afterward, she ran back to her parents to tell them what happened.
They were so excited, they wanted her to do it again. They figured, since she was able to manipulate the stream's water, that it was water she had a talent with. So they brought her to the pond near their home and waited. She tried for a few minutes to just concentrate, the way she did before. But when nothing happened, she frowned.
"I... need something." she said, and looked around.
He was looking for another sparkly stone like the one he'd used before. but he couldn't find any here. Jem was about to give up hope - feeling flushed with embarrassment and worrying that his parents would think him a liar - when she saw a stick, whose twigs all pointed down, making it look like some kind of insect. It made Jem giggle. They bent down to pick up the stick in their teeth and as they did, all the other sticks within ten feet rose off the ground in addition. Jem found they could move the sticks in any direction that they moved their head. His parents were amazed.
And that was how Jem's magic seemed to work. He would find something interesting that was either fascinating, beautiful, or funny to him and they found they could use the objects for magic. It has never been clear if they truly need the objects to use their magic or the emotions that they provoked were all that were required. However, he never really cared to find out and just keeps a large collection of things which he likes for whatever reason on her person. She has gained enough control by now that she doesn't have to rely entirely on the object which initiates the magic, so they don't really need to have so many things on hand anymore, buuuut... The different items give her joy one way or the other and she's been in the habit of collecting them so long, what is the harm in collecting a few more?

Congrats, sorry for the wait
"Youre uncomfortable now? You should walk into one of their hideouts. Its like stepping on a hornets nest, kicking it and then setting it on fire." -Avian (Dissent)

ImageImage
Art by: me (with a mouse)
Art of: Mars & Jenova

Art by: preppy paws | Art of: Mars |Art by: Me | Art of: Rune

My Characters! *OLD* *NEW* - Rohktans - My CWHR horses
RP/Characters - X - VoK
I have old characters for trade here pm me if youre interested in one. Do not post on my thread please; its for character storage.
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FateStoryteller » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:50 am

Yay! Thank you again! :D I love Jem so much! :D
FateStoryteller