Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Thimble: Fall Acorn Carving by Buzz Aesthetic

Based on Click to view
Artist Buzz Aesthetic [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
22 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Thimble: Fall Acorn Carving

Postby Buzz Aesthetic » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:04 pm

Welcome to Acorn Carving!
Lore wrote:This is an ancient tradition shared commonly between all shapes and sizes of housefolk! It's said many many years ago housefolk would carve acorns similar to how humans carve pumpkins, but instead of frightening away Jack's wandering soul, housefolk carve acorns as a sign of safety to housefolk wandering the night, It's said that the frightening flying terror called The Groket hunts for housefolk on the second full moon of fall. This horrible creature is described to have golden glowing eyes, huge bat wings, and bone-colored fangs sized similar to a dog! Its skin is scattered with dark oil colored feathers that look like a plucked bird! The carvings were originally just a hole cut into an acorn, but as the tradition passed, children took it upon themself to decorate the acorn with faces and shapes. Acorns will always have a glowing item inside, however, most of the time it's a friendly firefly, the glow is said to tell homeless housefolk that your home is a safe place to hide if The Groket is hunting, the spirit of fall is welcoming a plentiful harvest to flourish through winter, and appreciating & sharing a roof above your head to hide from nocturnal predators.

• you do not need to be participating in Thimble to carve an acorn! however
      without a storage thread & mainfolk you will not receive the in-game rewards

• When a user participating in thimble carves an acorn, they should post the form (see below) under their drawing to signal they are choosing their items!

• After carving an acorn, a thimble player can choose 3 of the items listed, as well as receiving a very tiny shard of obsidian (not big enough to fit in the palm of an average housefolk, intended for cutting the acorn)
        • 4 large acorns (tops included, not hollowed) (5 cm size)
        • 3 large orange, red, green, and/or yellow fake leafs
        • a Golden buckle, small enough to fit a housefolk
        • 2 Oil-slick black feathers, about a 1/2 inch long.
        • a large sheet of bright orange fleece, enough to make 2 pieces of clothing or 4 accessories
        • black, purple, or orange thread (enough for 2 pieces of clothing or 4 accessories)
        • an enamel pin decorated as a full moon(an inch in diameter)
    • Thimble users should include a short story of your housefolk carving the acorn, acorns are hollowed and every player receives the cutting tool before cutting an acorn. the story should be about your mainfolk &/or housefolk deciding what to cut, cutting the acorn, looking for a glowing item/firefly, & (optionally) discussing the season with neighbors. The setting is evening/sunset & the story can go throughout the night if the player wishes.

• The glowing item (if its not a firefly) should be listed as a received item, as well as any other items you pick up while looking for the glowing item/firefly

• Thimble players who color in the acorn for another of their housefolk can write additional stories for them and receive 1 extra item for each housefolk they own & color/write for

• users who decide to draw a comic instead of type must still have some sort of script of screenplay for their story, but details don't need to be written in as thoroughly

• your story can be posted as a link or as the story itself but is required in order to receive the items.

• acorns need to be finished and posted before the 2nd of November to receive the holiday rewards!

• Painting the Acorn is not required, but you're welcomed to!

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Mainfolk:[/b]
[b]Storage thread:[/b]
[b]Story:[/b]
[b]Items received:[/b]

I'm sorry to anyone who was hoping for a big Halloween event! we don't really have the staff power or even the player count to do much! but i hope this little minigame will suffice for now!
Buzz Aesthetic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Thimble: Fall Acorn Carving

Postby QueenOfWyrms » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:33 pm

Mark
QueenOfWyrms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allynabean » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:35 pm

mark!!
╔══════════════════╗
ally || she/they || adult
╚══════════════════╝
╔══════════════════╗
stars || fcats || moonclan
╚══════════════════╝
art by nio

Image Image Image
allynabean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AwkwardAnxiety » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

mark
This user no longer participates on Chicken Smoothie and wishes not to be contacted
AwkwardAnxiety

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FerretMonarch » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:19 am

Mark! This event looks amazing!
FerretMonarch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eros » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:29 pm

marking to remind myself to do this soon!

{He/They}

I'm Matt and I like to collect bunnies! :]
You can usually find me roaming the
Oekaki, but I'm pretty active in the
trading scene, especially during events.

Feel free to send me a trade or a pm!
I don't bite!

_______________________________________________________________________Image
eros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me