Based on Click to view
Artist Frisco [gallery]
Time spent 48 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

VOK Halloween Event #11

Postby Frisco » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:47 am

To adopt this lion, you must either:
1. Have a founder, be at least level 1, and have enough space to accommodate this lion
2. Or you can adopt this one as your founder!

candycorn makes me think of unicorns made of candy

What motivates them? It can be a quote, a story, whatever you want.
Max 500 words or 1 art piece.

Ends on the 30th.

Minor edits: teeths
Medium edits: eye, shoulder and tail horns

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Lion name:[/b]
[b]Lion gender:[/b]
[b]Pride:[/b]
[b]Pride status:[/b]
[b]Theme Song:[/b]
Frisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: VOK Halloween Event #11

Postby AwkwardAnxiety » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:51 am

Username: AwkwardAnxiety
Lion name: Zuckermais
Lion gender: Female
Pride: Lost Reminiscence (subpride)
Pride status: Foundling
Theme Song:
"You must never give in to despair. Allow yourself to slip down that road, and you suurender to your lowest instincts. In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength."
~Her Uncle Iroh
[41]
Last edited by AwkwardAnxiety on Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
This user no longer participates on Chicken Smoothie and wishes not to be contacted
AwkwardAnxiety

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Runnersback » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:58 am

Mark<3

runners/sharkkbait/swiftie
Image๐ŸŽถ RTF ๐ŸŽถ cal-vain ยฉ

๐™ธ ๐š๐š˜๐š•๐š•๐š˜๐š ๐šŽ๐š ๐š–๐šข ๐š‘๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š›๐š,
๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐š’๐š ๐š•๐šŽ๐š ๐š–๐šŽ ๐š๐š˜ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š‹๐šŽ๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š‘."

๐ผ๐“‰โ€™๐“ˆ ๐’ถ ๐“ˆ๐“Œ๐‘’๐‘’๐“‰ ๐“๐’พ๐’ป๐‘’, ๐“๐’พ๐“‹๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐’ท๐“Ž ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“ˆ๐’ถ๐“๐“‰๐“Ž ๐“ˆ๐‘’๐’ถ
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QueenOfWyrms » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:59 am

Username: QueenOfWyrms
Lion name: Dawn
Lion gender: female
Pride: PoB
Pride status: Nadiri Batling
Prompt:
"When things go wrong, believe in what goes right. When the ground is pulled from beneath you, trust in what you know is true. When all that's left in your world is you, know that wherever you go and however long is takes you, you can make it." -Dawn's grandfather
[50]
Last edited by QueenOfWyrms on Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
QueenOfWyrms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minifun990 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:49 pm

Username: minifun990
Lion name:Lanre
Pride:Mystic Isles
Pride status: Dragonette
Prompt:

Its a dark day today. Lanre thinks, watching the storm clouds roll in. A perfect day to remain in the den and feel the hours tick past. A perfect day to wait for a day that is better for doing the things she needs to do.

Everything she needs to do. Sweep her den, and the other dragonettes, cart a few buckets of water from the lake. But she also had to spend 2 hours with the elders, read the sacred scripts, dust the eggs and check for hatching signs. Lanre was panicking and yet she remained sitting, watching as lions and dragons scurried along doing tasks below her. What was she supposed to even start first? She never shouldโ€™ve left it this long, let everything pile up this much.

Perhaps she would feel better after a nap.

She did not. Motivation just didnt seem to want to come to her today. She looked outside again, feeling guilty, before a noise caught her attention. A little squeak, one that made something in her mind ring.

โ€œCandi?โ€ She asked softly, the little dragon chirruped again, nudging up against Lanre. โ€œIm so sorry honey, I was getting around to coming to see you I just-โ€

โ€œDo what canโ€ The little dragon said softly in her mind. โ€œWe go together.โ€

โ€œBut- what if they are disappointed in me? I havent-โ€

โ€œDo what can.โ€ Her dragon said, hopping up on her shoulder. โ€œStart with den.โ€

โ€œI-โ€ Lanre looked around. It would be simple enough, and she got started, spurred on by Candiโ€™s purring noise against her head. This wasnt so bad.

โ€œNice job.โ€ Candi purred. โ€œWater now?โ€

โ€œBut what if someone asks me why I havenโ€™t done my other jobs?โ€ Lanre asked, worriedly.

โ€œI bite them.โ€ Candi whispered cheekily, shocking Lanre. โ€œWe go together.โ€

โ€œTogetherโ€ฆโ€ Lanre repeated. It made the day seem less dark somehow. It made it seem easier. Maybe with Candi spurring her on, motivating her. Perhaps she could do it. (329/500)
Last edited by minifun990 on Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
"๐’ฒ๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐‘”๐‘œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐‘”๐‘’๐“‰๐“ˆ ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ ๐“€๐‘’๐‘’๐“… ๐‘”๐‘œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”"

minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:01 am

Username: Sunlitsecrets
Lion name: Kumari
Pride: Starheart's Regiment
Pride status: Duelist
Prompt:

Kumari gets down pretty easily. She sees so much that she could be doing better, or ways that she could be improving her magic, or the music she makes. But her friends are always there to help her out. She's been traveling with her musician friends for ages, and the group always makes up songs to support each other. There's something special about an upbeat tune to lift the spirits, or a joke shared among friends - and Kumari is ever glad that she's not alone on her journeys.
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:45 am

Username: RupturedRaptor
Lion name: Yvie
Pride: Fire Empire
Pride status: Shopkeeper
Prompt:

Yvie sighed as she placed a shiny red stone onto the discount shelf. She loved her job, she really did, but sometimes she struggled with, well just getting anything at all done. She hadnโ€™t managed to find (or buy) any interesting items in a month and was now selling her backup stock from last year. Although her customers were still kind, she couldnโ€™t help but feel like a failure for not finding any new items to sell, especially since the festival of the arches was about to begin. This was supposed to be her most busy time of the year, selling strange items from other worlds as lions wanted gifts to offer up to the old royal arch. However, instead she was selling stock from the previous year, duplicates she had stashed away for a rainy day.

She placed the new price tag over the old one, cutting the stones price in half. She hadnโ€™t noticed the cub watching her from the shop window, both paws pressed up to the glass as he stared at her curiously. Her mother tugged at his arm, only for him to tug back, exclaiming he wanted to do in. Eventually giving up, her mother let him go and the cub wondered into the shop, looking up at the shelves full of items.

Hearing the shop bell ring as the door opened, Yvie turned her attention towards the mother and cub. She continued placing various stones on the discount shelf, but made a smile to show she had acknowledged the two as they smiled back. She recognised the lioness, whilst not a regular customer she had visited a few months prior, although she didnโ€™t find anything she wanted to buy.

The cub wondered up to her, staring up and jumping to see what Yvie was doing. He pointed at the red stone, tugging on his mothers tail to get her attention. He begged his mother to get the item, his parent once again giving in to his whines. The lioness took the discounted stone off the shelf and briefly examined it before bringing it to the counter, Yvie following. The cub seemed overjoyed to receive his stone, holding it in his paws as if it were the most precious item in the whole world. Yvie looked at his large smile and felt a wave of encouragement wash over her. She often forgot this bit, although it was by far the best part of her job. She thanked the cubs mother for the purchase and gave the cub a decorative gift bag for the stone. He thanked her, before running off out the door in excitement.

Yvie felt very motivated that afternoon, her recent encounter with another satisfied customer having given her the energy she needed to continue searching for better items to sell. Sometimes she just needed a happy face to keep her going.

(479/500)
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby /nyx. » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:36 am

Username: bmkmb
Lion name: Dark | Shining of the Dark
Pride: The Pride
Pride status: Dame
Prompt:

There are no stars tonight. Usually, the stars guide her. One would think that she's accustomed to darkness - it's in her name, after all. But the truth is, Dark hates the dark. She despises it. She wasn't the one to choose her name. If she had the choice to change it now, she would be known to all as Light.

"There's no going back. If you leave the pride, we'll hunt down and kill you."

"I know. I still want to join."

"Are you sure? You won't betray us?"

"Of course not! I promise."

That conversation took place five months ago. Yet, where is she? Running away, because they had been right. She has always been a loner at heart, an explorer. She couldn't be forced to follow a leader; she would die of boredom before she was seen living with others for too long. When the trees had been bare, she hadn't believed them, but the plains are plentiful once more. They had taught her to survive, and she appreciates it, but they really had been right, all those days ago.

"Wait, Dark! Where are you going?" her best friend had asked. He was more like a brother than a friend, to be honest.

"Hush!" she had told him. "I'm leaving..."

"What? But you can't leave... you're welcome here. We love you. I love you. And the pride has done nothing against you at all! What is it? Was someone being mean? You know our king doesn't like that. Tell me and I'm sure he'll exile them for you."

It had been such a childish conversation, looking back. She had grown soft, living with a pride to care for her.

"It's not that," she had responded. "They were right. I miss the wilderness and I miss being alone."

"But... but I'm going to be a squall; don't you get it? My ceremony is tomorrow! The second I'm fully initiated, they're going send me after you. There, she had hesitated. "Dark, I'm the best tracker in the entire pride. There's no excuse for me to not find you. I can't cover; you're going to be executed for treason. Please stay. I don't want to hurt you."

He was desperate, and she recalled her pain at seeing his confidence broken like this. Yet, her face set in grim determination. "And that's why I'm leaving now, not tomorrow. You have no obligation to chase me if I'm out of the territory by sunrise.

"And will you be?"

"There's only one way to know."

There are no stars tonight, and she has to be out of the territory before the light of dawn. Yet, she's confident that she can do it. She'll walk until her paws fall off. No matter what happens, she won't give up.

Dark doesn't need the stars to motivate her. The thought of being executed isn't why she's doing this, either. If she fails, then her brother will lie to the king to save her life, and he'll be the one to pay for that.

So, Dark's not walking for her own life. She's walking for his.
/nyx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snapshot » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:03 am

Username: snapshot
Lion name: Neo
Pride: Ngozi
Pride status: hunter
Prompt:

snapshot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frisco » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:37 am

minifun990 wrote:Username: minifun990
Lion name:Lanre
Pride:Mystic Isles
Pride status: Dragonette
Prompt:

Congrats!
Thank you for all the entries, they were very creative.

What a beautiful, beautiful thing
to be able to dream
when you're not asleep.

art by Sixbane
Frisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me