Based on Click to view
Artist FireIceHeart [gallery]
Time spent 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

#3743 - Khimaira Friesians

Postby FireIceHeart » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:29 am

What are Khimaira Friesians?
Khimaira Friesians are a "normal" friesian breed with all characteristics of a friesian and a average height from 15 to 17 hands, but even 18 hands can occur. The first born Khimaira was mistaked for a chimera horse. But a genetic test showed otherwise, there wasn't a second DNA but a complete new and unknown gen. Because this gen makes the friesian look like a chimera it was named khimaira. khimaira doesn't produce a complete new dna coat and therefor it can only lighten or darken the base coat of the horse. Till now only the paint khimaira is known that makes the khimaira coloration looks like tobiano, overo, sabino or splash. But we believe that there will be more khimaira variations out there and we still try to breed them. Appaloosas are not known till now, but we have some great friesian mixed horses with appaloosa patterns, so we are sure to deliver them to you in a short amount of time.

Parent 1: Foundation
Parent 2: Foundation
Owner: PixieStoryteller
Show Name: Freedom's Blissful Relief
Barn Name: Freiyeh (based on the German word for "free")
Height: 16 hands
Color:Buckskin Roan
Genetics:Ee/Aa/Crcr/Rr
Breeding Info:
- Roan has 40% chance of passing.
Last edited by FireIceHeart on Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FireIceHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #3743 - Khimaira Friesians

Postby FateStoryteller » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:26 am

Owner: PixieStoryteller
Halter color: A warm brown
Pearl/jewel color (halter): Obsidian
Short Story: Freiyeh slowly trotted out from the shelter, well rested and ready for the day's adventure. Today would be a bit of a journey, but it would be well worth it.
She started by taking her traditional leap over the laughable fence, whinnying with disdain as she always did at the idea that anyone could think they really owned her. She loved her human and would indeed always return, so why this charade of all these wooden rails and such? Oh well, at least she no longer had to watch out for someone coming after her anymore. By now this was something she was well known for as well as for coming back by the next morning at the latest. And no one had the stamina or will to attempt to overcome her own. By now they just let her have her own way.
Freiyeh's gate shifted into a smooth and steady cantor as she headed out of the drive, past the fences of other, tamer horses, and then up into the hills. She paused at the top of the last rise to look down upon her chosen home, catching her breath a little, though she was by no means winded. Then with a toss of her head, Freiyeh turned and launched into a full on charge down the other side, out of sight of home now and the free air rushing into her and through her, filling her with exhilaration!
She went on like this for a while but even she, Freiyeh, didn't have the stamina to continue at a full gallop forever, sadly. She slowed gradually until she felt comfortable enough to pause by a stream and take a few refreshing sips. After that she went on at a slower pace, as she was now climbing into the mountain range itself. Better safe than sorry.
The climb slowly grew more difficult and Freiyeh had to maneuver small cliffs here and there. But her journey was nearing its end at last and the anticipation added to the effort she was making quickened her breath so that she was huffing a bit.
However, finally, Freiyeh's goal came into sight: a crevice in the mountainside, almost too small for a full grown friesian to enter. Most of her kind would balk at such an ominous opening, but not Freiyeh. With determination she lowered her head and shouldered her way into the darkness. This part, though perhaps the most uncomfortable, was otherwise the easiest and quickest. And then, at last, she had arrived!
The close craggy walls that had been lightly scraping her sides gave way to a wide open cavern. Stalactites reached down to stalagmites and a feint, musical sound of lightly dripping water could be heard throughout. In the center of the huge cave was a large pool, almost big enough to be considered a lake. Nothing but the occasional drop of water disturbed its placid surface.
However, what drew the most attention upon entering this huge space were the small, shifting points of light that blinked and glittered both above in the ceiling and below in the depths of the pool. Though she had seen this amazing sight several times by now, it never ceased to fill the young mare with awe.
She had no idea how the lights were made and she didn't care. All she knew was that they made her feel as though she had somehow lept up into the night sky and was now walking among the stars.
She quietly stepped over to the pool and took a sip of the slightly metallic tasting, but refreshingly cold water. Maybe later she would pretend to swim through the stars. But for now, she settled herself there at the edge, glancing around at the lights, listening to the gentle plink of water and prepared to fully enjoy her reward for the day's travel.
FateStoryteller

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HellaHannah » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:56 pm

Owner: HellaHannah
Show Name: Killer Queen
Barn Name: Harlow
Height: 17 hh
Halter color: Black
Pearl/jewel color (halter): Gold
Short Story:
Harlow had always been an adventurous one, even as far back as the days when she was still reliant on her mother's milk. She would always stray too far, go behind too many trees, or wander off completely. As she grew, nothing had changed really since those days. Sure, she had more loyalty to her owner now, but she would still get distracted and wander off at the call of adventure. This was one of those days.

When the pasture gate was left open by accident, Harlow did not hesitate to make her quick escape into the wide world that awaited her beyond the wooden fence. She started first by trotting down the road, taking in all the man-made sights. Some people pointed at her, some laughed, some screamed, but she didn't mind. She was too busy watching the mechanical horses (as she'd often hear her owner refer to as 'cars') making their way down the busy streets. However, the town was too noisy for her, and she had seen all that there was to see. It was time to move on.

Harlow took the main road out of town and into the countryside. She stayed on the road for a little while, trotting alongside some of the horse-drawn carriages to make polite conversation with the working mares before drifting off into the woods at the side of the road. In the speckled shade of the trees, Harlow admired the scenery. She had great fun avoiding the many obstacles the forest threw at her - roots breaching the surface of the dirt, weeds that covered the forest floor like a blanket of green, even the occasional snake slithering through the underbrush. She found it exhilarating.

Breaking through the end of the tree line, the dun mare found herself in a clearing that surrounded a large pond. The sun caught on its ripples like that of a pristinely cut jewel and reflecting back into her deep brown eyes. She trudged down to the side of the pond and dipped her muzzle in to drink. It was sweet and refreshing in the summer sun. Not yet satisfied, Harlow slowly walked into the clear pool to go for a swim. The crystal clear water offered her a rare sight of the fish and creatures living beneath its surface. Above the water, ducks, geese, and even a blue heron stayed nearby.

However, Harlow's adventure had to come to an end at some point, and that was when the carriage driver reported her to her owner and helped lead them to her. She had to admit, she was happy to see her owner again, but she would miss the clear pond and its inhabitants. She made a point to herself to come back again in the future.

Nowadays, whenever Harlow manages to escape the pasture, her owner always knows where she'll be found. They'll even go visit the pond on trail rides and take a quick swim. Ask anybody around the barn and they'll all say the same thing - that pond is Harlow's favorite place to be.
What's up! My name's Hannah. I used to be super active on this website a couple of years ago but fell off, so I decided to make a new account and get back into it!
---
tumblr - deviantart - horse eden - birchwood hollow stables - sycamore ridge kennels

Image Image Image
HellaHannah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FireIceHeart » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:29 pm

PixieStoryteller wrote:Owner: PixieStoryteller
Short Story: ~Snip~.

Congrats she's yours :)
FireIceHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FateStoryteller » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:41 am

FireIceHeart wrote:
PixieStoryteller wrote:Owner: PixieStoryteller
Short Story: ~Snip~.

Congrats she's yours :)

Oh mt gosh! Thank you so much! :D I've always wanted one of these and this girl is so gorgeous! ^^
FateStoryteller

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me