Time spent 4 hours, 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Petscop

Lambicorn #189: Anglerfish

Postby Rylf » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:17 pm

UNIque Smooth Clawed-Finned Lambicorn

Another ocean inspired adopt. This time a UNIque!! This is my first UNIque and I'm very proud of it. To win this baby, please give me a backstory overview. What made them who they are today? Why are they the way they are? Childhood? Personality? Go crazy. c;

⇣⇣⇣ PROMPT! ⇣⇣⇣
⭐︎ Ends 8/31 ⭐︎
Code: Select all
[i][b]I want this UNIque!![/b][/i]
Lambicorn name:
Personality: (optional)
Backstory:
Rylf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lambicorn #189: Anglerfish

Postby Petscop » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:25 am

ight beside you I stand

I want this UNIque!!
      Lambicorn name: Gyatso
      Personality: Gyatso started out very optimistic and kind, but the hands of fate are never kind. As he got older, he got more restless. He found himself angry at everything around him, absolutely loathing not only himself, but everyone else. When you're something like Gyatso, other Lambicorns look down on you. Whether it be disgust, fear, or just discomfort, they always treat him differently. He's finally given up on even trying to care about them, and has totally emotionally shut himself off from others. While he still tries to remain civil in the face of them, he is often irrational and lashes out. He's stuck in this cycle of lashing out, being rejected, and then baring more hatred towards others and becoming more angry. The hopeful youth has gone to rest, and all that remains is something filled with dread.

Backstory: The entire sky rumbled with thunder as a rolling storm twisted, battering everything underneath it with wind and rain. The ocean underneath was restless, giant waves forming and brutally ramming into each other. A lone ship sat in the middle of the chaos, just barely dodging destruction with every wave. A young Lambicorn stared out, watching the ship as it bobbed about in the storm. He was unlike any other Lambicorns he'd ever seen, needle like teeth protruding out of his mouth, sharp claws, and an obviously aquatic body. The storm didn't seem to affect him much, when a wave crashed over him he'd just swim back to the surface to continue watching. Eventually the ship lost the battle with the storm, quickly being eaten up under the ocean as wreckage swirled around it. The strange Lambicorn drifted there for a few more moments. Right as he turned to leave, he spotted something sparkle near the wreckage. He quickly dove under the water and started towards it. At first he was just excited to see what kind of treasure was pulled out of the ship as it sunk, but the closer the got the more nervous he became. It wasn't some fun shiny object that he could just swim away with, it was a Lambicorn. He quickly grabbed them in his claws, dragging them to the surface. Suddenly the storm he had just been enjoying was now an obstacle as the waves kept trying to drag the Lambicorn he held onto desperately back down into the water. As they approached a giant rocky cliff side, he let one of the waves force them under the water. This force was just enough to drag them down to a small opening in the side of the cliff, and he quickly made his way into it. He held his breath, counting each second that he dragged the other lambicorn through the tunnel. He didn't know how long it actually was, and how long the other would be without air. 10 seconds, he felt fine. They approached on 30, the pitch black was only partly illuminated by his lure. He was getting woozy now. Just over a minute, and they finally reached the end as the tunnel opened up to an underwater cave filled with air pockets. He practically threw the other lambicorn up onto the little patches of dry land, having to take a moment to catch his breath. If he had been fine, then they should be fine too.. right? For a moment he sat there, staring at them. They were obviously breathing, so that was good. He sighed, and turned towards the entrance of the cave. He could hear the rain pounding on the side of the cliff edge, that sound reverberating across the whole cave.

The strange angler Lambicorn didn't seem to notice that his new guest had woken up an hour later. He was still facing the direction of the entrance, but he had dozed off. When he heard the sound of hooves on rock he jolted up with whipped his head around to face the other. Apart of him almost forgot that.. "normal" Lambicorns had hooves, all he had seen before was the other's fish-like tail. The more he looked at them now, though, the more he realized that they were just a normal Lambicorn. They stared at each other a moment before he finally spoke up.
      "Hello. What's your name?" He asked, uncomfortably aware of his teeth gnashing against each other while he spoke. Instead of fear or disgust like most, the other just look at him like he was normal.
      "I, um, I don't really know." They muttered.
      "Oh, well that's good i guess. I don't really have a name either, i'm just.. me, i guess. I don't actually get to talk to other people often, so I don't really need a name. They call me whatever they want, and then i just swim away." He started, and then he quickly raised his claws to cover his mouth. "Oh. Oh i'm sorry, i'm rambling, aren't I? Anyway, do you remember anything?" He muttered. The other just shook their head, and they both become quiet for a moment. The sparkling Lambicorn almost started to ignore him as they stepped around, seemingly testing out their legs. The silence was awkward but at the same time, it was comforting. They didn't seem to care about his appearance, or even their own situation lost out in the ocean, they're just... there.

The angler Lambicorn, now lovingly dubbed Gyatso by his companion, become very close with him. Harper had absolutely nothing from before the ship, no items, no memories, and no connections. When faced with roaming around to find where he came from, he just shrugged his shoulders and offered to stay with Gyatso. They had many conversations out on the open ocean as the drifted along, just sort of wandering. Harper would sometimes mention that he thought he was the manifestation of the sailor's love of the ocean. Gyatso would retort that would make him the sailor's fear of the ocean. Harper would smile and laugh and tell him that he wasn't as scary as the ocean, he'd never swallowed anyone up whole. Harper's demeanor was always kind and soothing, he didn't seem to have a bad bone in his entire body. Gyatso admired him, putting him on a pedestal so much higher than himself. He was always nervous, though. Ever since the first day they met, Harper preferred the land. Sure he was somewhat aquatic, but he had legs and lungs so much better fit for the land. Gyatso knew the only reason he stayed in the ocean was for him, but he still longed. They were wanderers, travelling around just for the fun of it, and Harper always stared out towards the land. It started with a plea. Harper would beg him to let him go up and explore the land, and promised he'd be back as soon as possible. And so Gyatso sat on the shore, doing nothing as he waited. He was too heavy to drag around on the land, so he was stuck on the beach. A few minutes would turn to hours, and every minute Harper was on the land exposed to other Lambicorns, he started to enjoy it more. There was no one else like Gyatso in the sea, so he sat silently and waited.

Gyatso sat under the light of the moon, dragged as far as he could onto the beach. He dragged his claws in the sand as he glared down. Harper had left again, and this time he was gone the whole day. Gyatso laid his head down, a long sigh kicking up some of the sand around his snout. He didn't know to be angry or to be terrified. Harper was the only Lambicorn that was so kind to him, treating him like an equal. The moment he decided to pick the ground over him, he was suddenly alone again. The sound of footsteps made him jump up. Harper quietly made his way down the beach, avoiding Gyatso's glare.
      "What took you so long?" Gyatso snapped.
      "I'm sorry, something came up. I found a kid. I tried asking him where his parents where, but he wouldn't talk to me, and he was hurt, so..."
      "So? Let's go." Gyatso snorted as he turned to drag himself back to the ocean. Harper glanced up, a confused look painted on his face.
      "He wouldn't do well out on the sea, that's not a g-"
      "I didn't say anything about him. Let's go." Gyatso turned to glare at him again. Harper stood straight up, staring blankly.
      "He's a baby."
      "He's not our problem. We've been here too long, and you know what i've been doing? Sitting here. We should go." Gyatso narrowed his eyes. Harper continued to blankly stare, barely moving. "Don't act like i'm being outrageous. You get to go off and live another life, but you know what i get to do? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. There's no one else like me, there's nothing i can talk to in the ocean, so i'm forced to just sit here and wait around for you to decide i'm worth your time again!"
      "Are you serious?" Harper spoke with a confused laugh. "It's a baby, and you're making this about you? I don't exist to make you happy, and i'm not going to leave a little kid to just wander around on his own. I'll be back." He turned to leave, and Gyatso's stomach turned. It was happening. Harper was leaving, and he was going to never see him again. Just as Harper took the first step away, Gyatso practically lunged himself to him, digging his claws into his flank just to make him stay. As Harper stumbled to the ground, Gyatso suddenly realized what he did. He let go, stuttering apologies and pleas for Harper to not leave him completely alone. Harper didn't look back when he limped away, and he never came back either. Gyatso knew he wasn't going to, but he never had the heart to leave, hoping some day that Harper would forgive him and come back. The secluded beach became his home, Lambicorns learned to avoid it to keep away from his wrath, and a small part of the land become just as lonely as the open ocean.
Last edited by Petscop on Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am inactive. Don't send trades, don't expect hasty replies.
Petscop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby •boo• » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:41 pm

I want this UNIque!!
Lambicorn name: Squishy
Hobbies: Finding surgeon fish, swimming, and playing with his zen garden have to be his top 3.
Personality: He likes to act scary and mean, but he's well... not as mean as he acts. He's still fairly harsh. Though he has a soft spot for the sweet blue, yellow, and black fishies.
Backstory:

Childhood
He was one of thousands of possibilities, there was such a low chance of him being born out of all the other creatures. He wasn't sure how to feel when he was chosen to live next

WIP making this much longer hopefully hdhdbd
Hi I'm Alois!
He/it | Scorpio | AroAce?
Depressed | Anxiety | Sleepy

Kalons | Shamkhyis | Nagalines
Lambicorns | Smoothie Chickens

Check out the CS Discord Server! Avatar ♡
•boo•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rylf » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:54 am

boop~
Rylf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~ moth ~ » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:15 pm

I want this UNIque!!
      Lambicorn name:
      Backstory:

╰ ⋯ how the most dangerous thing . • ⊹ ╮

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⋯ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ◂ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⋯⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ↼╯
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀╰ is to love -

. • adrien - adult - they / he / she - aroace ⋆ ╮

╰ ⋯ how you will heal and rise above . • ⊹

───────────────────────────────────────────
x▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ╮

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⋮

. - • crowned by an overture ↼╯
bold and beyond . • ⋆

╰ ⋯ ah, it’s more courageous to ⋆
▸ — overcome ⊹ .

──────────────────────────

~ moth ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Monorail2.0 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:09 am

I want this UNIque!!
Lambicorn name: Abyss
Hobbies: (optional) Writing stories, traveling, and more!
Personality: (optional) Dark and Grimm
Backstory: Abyss has lived alone for as long as he can remember. His cold demeanor has made everyone avoid him, which he likes. He lives in a secluded cave in the ocean.
Monorail2.0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rylf » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:38 am

Would like to see a few more entries on this! <3
x
━━━

━ ᴡᴀs ᴍᴏʀᴇ

ᴘᴀɪɴғᴜʟ

ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsᴋ

ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴏ

ʙʟᴏssᴏᴍ ”

x

“ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ

ᴅᴀʏ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ

ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsᴋ

ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴ ᴛɪɢʜᴛ

ɪɴ ᴀ ʙᴜᴅ ━

━━━

x

Facebook Personal

━━━━━━
Hello! I’m Rylf.
I enjoy anything
artsy but writing
is my true passion.
Feel free to trade,
message, or follow
me on other media!

━━━━━━
Twitter © Tumblr

Rylf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:28 pm

I want this UNIque!!
Lambicorn name:
    Cupid
Hobbies: (optional)
Backstory:
    The gift of love for all...all except for him.

Cupid has the power of matchmaking.

rip i've been too busy to finish this and probably won't be able to but
Last edited by Firedancer77 on Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings

One of these days a-coming, I'm gonna take that boy's crown

Cause I am, I am a little wicked
I am, I am
Hands red, hands red just like he said

I am a little wicked

No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby craig? » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:20 am

I want this UNIque!!

Lambicorn name: Bogdan

Backstory:

First, there was beginning.

A small dreamfusion had birthed a healthy batch of four, small, squirming little Lambabies.

Four hooves for each, wings upon their back, hair softly resting upon their heads.

The youngest child grew to be curious, excited, and yet, at the same time, an aura of darkness lay within him.

But that darkness never did come out.

He played, he laughed, he loved and he lost, until one day, he was no more.

And then there was nothing.

But this was not the end, no. For the cycle had only begun.

Once again, there was beginning.

This time, the only one of her brood, a small, common child.

Brown, with freckles upon her face, and a warmth in her eyes.

But behind that warmth, the dark aura grew.

Memories flickered behind her eyes of a previous life, fleeting, fading, distant.

She wanted to remember.

But she couldn't.

Years passed, and once again, this Lambicorn was no more.

Life, death, rebirth.

This was the cycle the spirit had come to know.

With each cycle, the darkness grew.

Some tried to hide it, others solemnly accepted it, and still then there were those who embraced it fully.

After having lived maybe nine hundred lives, the darkness had grown to a point where it could not be stopped.

And the newest life, an aquatic Lambicorn named Bogdan, just couldn't wait to embrace it.

Hobbies:
But what is a being without something to do? Just because he has lived many lives, does not mean that he isn't opposed to a little fun. ...Though, having lived so many lives... things seem.... familiar. As though he could do them with his claws tied behind his back. Painting, archery, baking... it's tiring. He wants something fresh. Something new. And so, Bogdan prefers to try a new activity each and every day, until he finds one that will satisfy him. He wants challenge. And he will not stop until he finds it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
please click and feed!!
craig?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rylf » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:02 am