Based on Click to view
Artist Firedancer77 [gallery]
Time spent 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon Kit Adopt

Postby Firedancer77 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:43 am

Jaskiest and I decided that we would be adopting out the third kit from our breeding, so here the competition is! The timer on this drawing is only as long as it is because I'm self-conscious about my handwriting. The breeding was OOC, so there are no family ties to be accounted for. ^-^

----

Prompt
This kit is at an ice cream parlor. What do they get? How did they get there? Why are they getting ice cream? Whatever question you want to answer, go for it! However, it must relate back to this kit being at an ice cream parlor.

You have 500 words or a 1 page comic. Your "comic" may just be a single image, as opposed to being broken up into panels, if you would prefer that.

---

Form
Please note that the form does ask if you own 5 or less Kals. This is to help in the event of a tiebreaker, however, it does not mean you can only enter if you have under 6.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Own 5 or Less Kalons:[/b] (if yes, link to where you store your Kals)
[b]Kit's Name:[/b]
[b]Kit's Gender:[/b]
[b]At the Ice Cream Parlor:[/b]

This competition ends August 8th!

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings

One of these days a-coming, I'm gonna take that boy's crown

Cause I am, I am a little wicked
I am, I am
Hands red, hands red just like he said

I am a little wicked

No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon Kit Adopt

Postby Sullivan Maurus » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:45 am

Khada Jhin || Polaris || Male || Kalons

They say that when kits die, they find themselves at an ice cream parlor. What they order is a reflection of where they will end up. I honestly never believed in the tales until I found myself at its door...

The bell jingled as the door to the ice cream parlor opened. A blue kit entered, hesitantly looking around as he did. There where 3 other kits at the counter, the 4th spot vacant, seeming to wait for the new arrival. The kit wandered over to the empty seat to find a slip of paper with "Polaris" written on it resting on the counter.

Polaris, yes... that is my name.

The kit named Polaris sat in the seat marked as his. The other 3 kits didn't seem to notice him or each other, and the 4 sat in silence for a moment before the door behind the counter opened. An adult Kalon stepped out from the back room, a sorrowful look on her face.

"Ah. I see you've all arrived." she said in a saddened tone as she placed her paws on the counter. "To get right to the point, you're all... dead. You're currently in limbo, waiting to be judged."

The other kits didn't seem bothered by the news, but Polaris was distraught.

"D-Dead?!" he blurted out.

"Yes. Dead. Do you not remember?" the adult asked.

Polaris hung his head and thought for a moment. The memories of his life were few and far between, as there simply wasn't anything worth remembering. He remembered the storm, though, and the chill that it brought.

"The... the storm?" he asked hesitantly.

The adult nodded. "Yes. You were asleep when it happened. Very peaceful compared to them."

Polaris looked over at the other kits. "What happened to them?"
Last edited by Sullivan Maurus on Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gone.
Sullivan Maurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby niki » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:53 am

Username: Arekkusu
Own 5 or Less Kalons: X
Kit's Name: Tawny
Kit's Gender: Female
At the Ice Cream Parlor:

The little bell above the door screeched, the sound worn down for being in use for multiple years.

"Welcome back Tawny! Want the usual?" The Kalon at the cashier asked.

The parlor was empty. Nobody had been interested since a newer parlor opened. Tawny did not like that one's ice cream, though. It felt as if there was something, almost, artificial about it.

"Yup!" She grinned, fishing through her travel bag for her wallet.
After digging for a minute, she pulled out a beat-up leather wallet and removed a $5 bill from it, placing it on the counter and then waiting for her ice cream.

She had always ordered the same thing. Vanilla and Strawberry ice cream with 2 sticks of cinnamon and chocolate chips. It never changed or differed, she just quite enjoyed the flavor and favored it over anything else.

"So.. what brings you here on this fine day?" The cashier asked, leaning on the counter.

Tawny looked back at the Kalon and then smiled softly, going to answer,

"Well, it's warm outside so I figured it wouldn't kill me to have a icecream. I don't really like that other ice cream place, the icecream doesn't taste.. authentic. Is that the word?" She asked, pausing.

"No, you're right. That's a word." The cashier said, then pondering about the other parlor.

Tawny looked around, finishing her ice cream and then getting off the stool.

"Well, I'll be on my way. Thank you!" She said, opening the door and exiting, the same ringing screech following her out.

---

Her eyes flicked around the street, watching as Kalons walked in groups, chatting and giggling. They were heading towards the new ice cream parlor.

How do they enjoy that parlors icecream? Tawny thought, passing by them and walking home.

The next day, she got up and left her home, padding towards the ice cream parlor.

She paused.

A large Closing on July 5th sign was plastered in the form of a banner on the front of the store.

Oh no.

[ 337 / 500 ]
Last edited by niki on Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
niki
he she
evil transmasc lesbian
niki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jaskiest » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:02 am

marking! :)
Jaskiest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spookypuff » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:05 am

not entering!!

gl to everyone ;o;
Last edited by spookypuff on Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
───────✘✘✘
Spooky | She/They
I like rhythm games!

link - link - song──--
spookypuff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby redhorizon » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:08 am

Username: booshweasel
Own 5 or Less Kalons: no
Kit's Name:
Kit's Gender:
At the Ice Cream Parlor:

Res!

Boosh unless we're friends ♡ He/him ♡ Trans/Bi ♡ ASD ♡ Partner (12/15/2019)

Artist/Designer
Linecook
Flutist

Harry Styles & Horizon #1 Fanboy

My partner, dog, rats and comfort games ARE my life

PFP by me, sig by Onlyhalfpigeon
redhorizon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:10 am

Username:
Own 5 or Less Kalons: (if yes, link to where you store your Kals)
Kit's Name:
Kit's Gender:
At the Ice Cream Parlor:

Ress
x ================== x
x ================== x
G O O D
N I G H T
S L E E P
T I G H T
D O N ' T
L E T
T H E
M O T H M A N
S E E
Y O U R
NI G H T L I G H T

------
ARR
GSAISO
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:03 am

mark ;;
Hi there!
You can call me Knick! I'm a runner and casual artist
who loves thinking about stories and never writing them.
I’m around for various arpgs and species stuff ^^

art fight!
threads for arpgs/species I'm currently active in:
kalons--salted stone--knollclan--sound asheep--haven
other cs characters™

she/her -- student -- est
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kolyakun » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:29 am

Mark

┍━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┑

Kolya ★ She/They ★ INFP

My Kalons

Artist for Kalons

sig art by sov25 on TH

┕━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┙
kolyakun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Mayne Rioz

Postby lemm » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:24 am

username. lemontqrt
    below 5 kalons. nope ! kalons xx
    name. Mayne
    gender. female
    prompt. "I'll have, er, a vanilla cone, I guess?"
    Mayne stood in front the counter, fixing her jacket to cover her entire head. The parlor had served as an elite test of her many disguises over the course of summer, a laid-back spot to wait out the heat. If she saw someone familiar the shop, her secret would be out. Looking up, the kit rummaged through her hoodie pockets, pulling out gum wrappers and earbuds before spilling out her loose change to the floor. A confused teen employee stared back at her, watching as the coins made a great escape from her reach before she could catch them.
    "ope, I, uh- let me get that real quick."
    Turning red, Mayne scurried to the tile where the dimes had rolled to, her hood falling backwards off her face as she anxiously grabbed at the shining coins scattered along the floor. Turning to face the exit, still hurriedly chasing after the still-rolling nickels, her eyes met with those of a familiar face as she began to stand from her squatting stance.
    "Mayne? I haven't seen you around!"
    Embarrassment began to grow inside of her as Wren looked Mayne up and down, surveying her oversized jacket and bike lock keys hanging from her pocket.
    "I can explain, just give me a second-"
    Mayne gulped as her sentence was cut off by the intruding voice of her classmate.
    "Wait, aren't you lactose intolerant? Why would you be getting ice cream, and how come you-"
    Cutting him off in a similar fashion, she shushed him and turned to pay for the cone. A white stream of melted ice cream fell down her hand as she took her treat and ushered him to one of the metal stools beside the counter.
    "Listen, you didn't see me here, okay? Promise if I, if I tell you this you can't tell no one, right."
    Wren nodded his head, and Mayne began explaining herself as she ate the sugary cream.
    "I ain't lactose intolerant. I just didn't want to eat those mozzarella sticks at Winston's party that one time, didn't you see the freezer burn on those things? There was no way I was touching' em, and I didn't want to seem rude, so I just, fibbed a little bit."
    A smile spread across his face, giggling at the story. Mayne took a breath and glanced around the room, verifying that there hadn't been any witnesses to her confession.
    "Your secret's safe with me, okay? I won't tell anyone about your freezer-burn inspired illness."
    Letting out a sigh, Mayne grinned at him and held a finger to her lips before walking out the doors to the blazing summer heat. [499/500]
lemm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me