Based on Click to view
Artist -Isabella- [gallery]
Time spent 42 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Valley of Kings -- #552

Postby -Isabella- » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:57 am

To adopt this lion, you must either
1. Have a founder, be at least level 1, and have enough space to accommodate this lion
2. Or, you can adopt this one as your founder!

This lion was partly inspired by an idea from this adopt to mesh wild cat designs together.

To win this lion tell me in 100-750 words about something that had an impact on them and/or changed their life, for better or worse.

Code: Select all
 [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Lion name:[/b]
    [b]Lion gender:[/b]
    [b]Pride:[/b] link to thread
    [b]Prompt:[/b]

Ends 7/8/20 or the top of page 2.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Valley of Kings -- #552

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:16 am

yes mark

───────── ❝ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐄 xxxxxx
you'll never know what could be until you stand up and try. xxx𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 !! ❞─── ©

xxImage
------------------------------------------------------
.....Hey there! I'm Kitten, a Christian teen trying
......to love God and love others. I'm especially
......into writing, books, and art!! Not really active
......on here anymore, just here for a few friends
......and some art stuff. Don't expect quick replies
......from me, thank you <3xxxxxxpsalm 119:105

------------------------------------------------------
┍━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆. ━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
xxxstormbuffearthaoiknick's murdercats
.xxraini-froggemeek the weakshyshie.
xxxxxxxxpanda sistaocean xinqiu
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ .━━━━━━━━━━━━┙
Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nia The Elf » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:06 am

Username: Nia The Elf
Lion name: Tashala
Lion gender: Female
Pride: Here
Prompt:
The land around the Pride's territory is quite mainland. The coasts are not too far, but distant enough that being there was not a frequent occurrence. However, there were a lot of smaller bodies of water nearby. Lakes and rivers used as watering holes for all sorts of animals in the immediate vicinity, also acting as a fishing spot and water source for the Pride.
Tashala, where possible, offered to do any other job. Anything other than fishing or retrieving water, she was swift and that meant she was more often than not, asked to join the other hunters. However, she couldn't avoid her duties forever. There was only so many times she could avoid being asked to go to the nearest river to fish for the pride. It was a common thing for them, fishing was a strong suit in most of the lions of Red Eagle, but Tashala didn't know how to swim. She grew up never being taught, it was a natural ability that she just seemed to be lacking since being a cub.
She followed the small patrol up to the wide river, their presence causing a few smaller creatures to flee from the waters' edge. Each of the lions spread out up and down the length of the river, Tashala at the far end further down. She watched the flowing water, uncertainty coursing through her. It was enough that it could sweep her feet from under her, pulling and pushing her aggressively. It could all go very badly.
Something brushed her shoulders and Tashala physically leapt into the air and backed away from the mist of the river, heart thumping.
"Tashala? I decided to come join you when I heard you had fishing duty." It was Sabira, the founder of the pride. She gave a sympathetic smile to the shaken lion.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to jump. I was just about to..." Tashala glanced towards the rushing river, eyes widened.
"It's no problem. Would you like me to join you? Swimming is easy when you know what to do with your paws, I promise."
It was a shaky start, the idea of alligators taking a snap at them, or hippos considering them a threat meant Tashala's legs locked up and refused to work, but with Sabira's encouragement and tutelage, soon enough she was able to keep herself afloat and fight against the current.
Though it was only a day's worth of work, they were both looking forward to the next day, so perhaps Tashala could learn how to catch the fish whilst also keeping herself swimming safely.
Nia The Elf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minifun990 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:46 am

Username: minifun990
Lion name: Capala
Lion gender: Male
Pride: Mystic Isles
Prompt:
Capala had always been what one may call an angry lion. Even as a cub he was one to get into many fights with his siblings or his pride mates. It didn't help that he often got called runner boy or cheetah born. He was a lion through and through and he would show that with his claws if he had to.

It did mean that even as a adolescent he wasn't always appreciated. Sure he would hunt well, but he was just as likely to take down another lion for speaking out of turn as he was to take down a large prey.

It was no surprise to any of his pride mates when he was expelled from the pride. Or rather kindly asked to leave. He moved to the nearest city, looking to find his fortune and anyone who would appreciate him for who he was. Spots and all.

It was easier in the larger towns. He had a steady job, got a good amount of food. He was comfortable and life was great. No one knew who he was, he wasn't bothered so he didn't bother others either.

But one day his life changed. It was so quick and simple. One person accused the ‘cheetah’ of thievery. His childhood anger surged up once more and he took a swipe at his accuser. It was all it took. One false accusation and he found himself being hunted not just by the law for attacking someone but by the darker sides of society as well.

For the one he had taken a swipe out was more than just a town hero, he was a lynchpin of so much more. Many lions did not appreciate his new scars. They wanted to find the one who had injured such an important lion and make them pay. Hunting him became a way to earn favours, a way to gain prestige.

Capala found his earnings gone, his house burnt down, he had to beg on the streets he once loved. He may not have bothered anyone until now but he didn't have any friends either. He was an outsider on the run all alone. He wasn't living, he was only just surviving.

But then his life changed once more. It was only pure dumb luck that he was on the port side of the city. It was pure chance that he was one of the few to see the ship sail in under the cover of dark.

Perhaps a good citizen would have raised the alarm.

Capala had learnt the hard way there weren't many good citizens left in this town. His house a pile of ash, his reputation along with it Capala took his life into his own paws. He boarded the mysterious boat that night.

He hasn't regretted it to date. No longer did he force himself into pointless tasks for a few coins, nor have to dine on mice out of sight of those who would seek to punish him for favour from a corrupt lion.

Now Capala’s life was better than he could have imagined it to be. He was more free than he had ever been. Never mocked for his coat, understood even in his anger. All he had and needed was the sea breeze and the other lions on the ship.

It may not be a perfect life but Capala wouldn't give it up for anything.
(569/750)
Last edited by minifun990 on Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
"𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑔𝑒𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔"

-𝓖𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓓𝓮𝓮𝓻

Cloud Cows

Sig cycles gear deer - Click to go to thread :)
minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raw_Silver_Studios » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:33 am

Username: Raw_Silver_Studios
Lion name: Yautja
Lion gender: female
Pride: Jungle Striders
Prompt:

WIp first hunt
Raw_Silver_Studios

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -wild- » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:52 am

Username: -wild-
    Lion name: Ashanti
    Pride: Rosetinted Pride
    Prompt:
      The Flood

Ashanti's birth pride was a large one. There were many lions of many shapes and sizes all living among caves in the ocean's cliffs. It was a beautiful pride and a gorgeous territory to live in. When she came of age, Ashanti decided to stay in her birth pride. She was one of many cubs to decide to stay, not many lions left this pride as it was peaceful and not much happened here. There was a huge supply of food since they fished in the ocean. It was what some called, perfect.

And so perfect day, by perfect day passed and Ashanti loved her life, she wished for nothing more than what she had as she sat by the Ocean that evening. Lions were curled napping on the sands, others going about their business, life seemed normal as the tide drifted further and further out to sea. Ashanti was very relaxed until she noticed this, the tide didn't normally go out at this time... She jerked her head up to see a huge wave generating far off from the shore just as a large roar echoed from the guard station above. It was about to hit.
      Many lions gathered their things and headed to higher grounds, Ashanti included. All the pride could do was watch as the wave hit, destroying their homes and belongings below.

The aftermath was soul destroying. The pride had lost everything and their home was still incredibly flooded. Some lions didn't make it to higher ground in time and many were missing. Ashanti's heart broke and her body trembled. The entire pride went down into the water, some staying on top of the caves with the cubs. Mostly they were searching for the lost or trying to gather what was left. Ashanti couldn't move, it felt like the rocks had grew over her paws making her stand in place. A small wave crashed against the rocks, splashing water at her feet and making Ashanti jump high into the air. She couldn't touch it, just the thought of touching the water made her ill.

A few of her family members noticed her odd behaviour and asked her to go rest, it had been a traumatic day. Ashanti agreed and travelled under the trees, far from the waters reach. Every time she looked over to the ocean she felt ill. Just the sight of the tragedy made something shift inside her. This was it, she knew now she couldn't stay any longer, the sight of the ocean was just going to be far too much for her. Ashanti glanced around, making sure no one was looking and she slipped away silently into the shadows away from her home and her family.

As she stood on top of a far away hillside, she looked back upon her pride, a heavy sorrow in her heart as she turned back around and headed off. That was the last time she looked upon them.

493 words
// use to be wildhorse027 //
-may be slow to reply to things as my irl can be hectic <3-

-wild-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♡Lady Lesednik♡ » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:49 am

Username: Lady Lesednik
Lion name: Kokamari
Pride: Dendo'ai
Prompt: 749 words

Kokamari lay quiet and still in the metal cage, her dull eyes staring out at the passing landscape as the rumbling machine beneath her continued onward, uncaring of her wants. The humans at the front of the machine chattered, though she cared not for what they were saying. No longer cared where they were going. She'd been caught. She was broken, she was defeated. She'd attempted to chew through the bars, only managing to hurt her teeth on the hardened material. Her ear flicked lazily as the chattering up front grew wilder, seeming almost frenzied. She wished they'd just be quiet, was it not enough for them to keep her caged, they had to make her listen to their annoying noises as well? Suddenly she felt her cage flying through the air, her body levitating in it for a moment before being slammed ruthlessly into the metal bars and floor, continuing to be tossed and thrown as the cage rolled and tumbled down a very rocky hill. The crunching of the roaring machine hadn't even registered to Kokamari, being too busy being ragdolled about in her metal prison. Finally, after what felt somehow like both forever and seconds, the damaged cage and the cat inside came to a halt. Kokamari collapsed to the new floor of her prison, gasping and panting as her body trembled, her mind reeling as she tried to process what had just happened. She tried to stand, only for her legs to tremble and give out beneath her weight. She lifted her head and looked around, trying to get her bearings, and it was at that moment she spotted it. A break in the cage. The tumbling had broken some of the bars. It was small, but maybe, just maybe, she could squeeze herself through. With new found determination, she forced herself to her trembling paws and shoved her head through the hole, feeling the broken metal dig at her skin. She put the "cats are liquid" theory to the test, forcing her body through the broken bars, allowing them to rip at her in exchange for her freedom. Once all four paws were on the solid ground again, she ran. She had no idea if the humans were looking for her, or if they were even still alive, not to mention she had no idea where she was. They'd kept her in that cage for so, so long. She was so far from home, she knew she'd never find her way back. Right now though, she needed to run. That is what she knew.

After days of wandering in the barren wasteland the crash had occurred in, she was tired. She hadn't been able to find water, and was too weak to be able to hunt. She crept along at a slow but steady pace, refusing to give in even as the exhaustion pleaded for her to just lay down, that it would be over quickly. Suddenly something in the distance made her focus back in, squinting against the sun to see it. It looked like... A giant crack in the earth..? As she drew nearer, she could hear water and her eyes widened, her pace quickening before a noise behind her made her freeze. It was all too familiar. That chattering... She dropped herself low as her ears flattened to her head, looking behind her to see a pair of humans. She relaxed only slightly as she realized it wasn't the ones who caught her. It was a male and female pair. The male remained in the now quieted rumble machine, the female looked... Concerned? And was kneeling on the ground, chattering softly. Not to the male, but to Kokamari. For some reason, Kokamari felt safe with this human, she felt drawn... Her eyes widened as she realized this was most likely a trap, that they were going to catch her and cage her again. She sprung to her feet and gave her best roar before sprinting towards the gorge with the last of her remaining energy, even as her mind questioned if this was the right choice. She could hear the panicked sounding chatter behind her from the human female as she used her paws to kick off the ground and leap through the air, straight over the edge. She was more than a little relieved to see she was right as she was falling. Water. She got caught in the waterfall, and taken safely down to the bottom of the gorge.
http://www.aywas.com/register/referral/33167/ Join Aywas! Aywas has customs, breeding, and an avatar for you to dress up!
♡Lady Lesednik♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThatOnePython » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:12 am

Username: ThatOnePython
Lion name: Malji "Mesh"
Pride: EchoLake Pride
Prompt:
One of the biggest impacts on Malji’s life was when he lost his hearing.
When malji was a cub he was diagnosed with a rare hearing condition that meant he would slowly lose the ability to hear. It was one of the biggest challenges he had to face, knowing one day he would lose his hearing. Not being able to enjoy the sound of the nature around him, the sound of his own mother or siblings. It was extremely heartbreaking for him and put a huge strain on his mental health.

When the day finally did come it was scary, but also in a way slightly blissful. He could no longer hear the birds singing or the rain hitting the forest floor, the crunching of the leaves beneath his paws or the usual chatter of the pirde. The endless silence made him slightly crazy at first. He was bored and helpless, relying on those around him to do even the simplist of things.

Overtime he was able to adapt to his new circumstances, he did things differently to those with hearing. If you were to ask him whether it would change his life he would certainly say yes. For the better? No. It’s been extremely hard for him and still he has nightmares whereby his hearing puts him in danger. As a lion, a natural preditor, the lack of one of the five senses is extremely detrimental, often leading to a shorter life expectancy. Malji knows this and tries to live his best life while also staying out of any dangerous situations such as fighting or hunting.
╔═════════════╗
Python || She/Her
vok pride || dappervolk

“Eternal Peace Is Probably Overrated”

Signature credits to Frisco
Art credits to Requlus

╚═════════════╝
ThatOnePython

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Isabella- » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:14 am

minifun990 wrote:Username: minifun990
Lion name: Capala
Pride: Mystic Isles
Prompt:
Capala had always been what one may call an angry lion. Even as a cub he was one to get into many fights with his siblings or his pride mates. It didn't help that he often got called runner boy or cheetah born. He was a lion through and through and he would show that with his claws if he had to.

It did mean that even as a adolescent he wasn't always appreciated. Sure he would hunt well, but he was just as likely to take down another lion for speaking out of turn as he was to take down a large prey.

It was no surprise to any of his pride mates when he was expelled from the pride. Or rather kindly asked to leave. He moved to the nearest city, looking to find his fortune and anyone who would appreciate him for who he was. Spots and all.

It was easier in the larger towns. He had a steady job, got a good amount of food. He was comfortable and life was great. No one knew who he was, he wasn't bothered so he didn't bother others either.

But one day his life changed. It was so quick and simple. One person accused the ‘cheetah’ of thievery. His childhood anger surged up once more and he took a swipe at his accuser. It was all it took. One false accusation and he found himself being hunted not just by the law for attacking someone but by the darker sides of society as well.

For the one he had taken a swipe out was more than just a town hero, he was a lynchpin of so much more. Many lions did not appreciate his new scars. They wanted to find the one who had injured such an important lion and make them pay. Hunting him became a way to earn favours, a way to gain prestige.

Capala found his earnings gone, his house burnt down, he had to beg on the streets he once loved. He may not have bothered anyone until now but he didn't have any friends either. He was an outsider on the run all alone. He wasn't living, he was only just surviving.

But then his life changed once more. It was only pure dumb luck that he was on the port side of the city. It was pure chance that he was one of the few to see the ship sail in under the cover of dark.

Perhaps a good citizen would have raised the alarm.

Capala had learnt the hard way there weren't many good citizens left in this town. His house a pile of ash, his reputation along with it Capala took his life into his own paws. He boarded the mysterious boat that night.

He hasn't regretted it to date. No longer did he force himself into pointless tasks for a few coins, nor have to dine on mice out of sight of those who would seek to punish him for favour from a corrupt lion.

Now Capala’s life was better than he could have imagined it to be. He was more free than he had ever been. Never mocked for his coat, understood even in his anger. All he had and needed was the sea breeze and the other lions on the ship.

It may not be a perfect life but Capala wouldn't give it up for anything.
(569/750)

Winner! I really enjoyed how you incorporated his cheetah-like appearance into your story.

I would also like to award an RU to ThatOnePython. I had a very hard time picking as Capala and Malji were both compelling characters.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThatOnePython » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:46 am

Congratulations Min! Thank you for the RU! :D
╔═════════════╗