Peaches and Cream Café (Day 4) by ♔Voltaire♔

Based on Click to view
Artist ♔Voltaire♔ [gallery]
Time spent 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
25 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Peaches and Cream Café (Day 4)

Postby ♔Voltaire♔ » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:21 pm

Image━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

On the outskirts of the Farmer’s Market sits a quaint little market stall cafe; white metal chairs placed nicely around pristine, white tables adorned with large daisies, soaking up clean water in glass mason jars. As you scan the adorable little setup and approach the stall, a young bull looks over his shoulder at you, his eyes brightening immensely when he catches sight of you. He turns around fully and approaches, a million-dollar smile gracing his features.

“Hey a newcomer! Welcome to the Peaches & Cream Cafe! I’m Azai and it’s my honor to serve you today! What will you be having?” He takes your order and gets to making your drink. “Enjoying the Farmer’s Market? It’s a sweet little event, definitely reminds me of home. Ah, careful, don’t let it spill!” he passes your drink to you and you take a sip. He looks at you, awaiting your approval, and smiles when your eyes sparkle.

“So, since you’ll be here for a bit, tell me about yourself. I love getting to know people, so humor me won’t you?”

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Welcome to the Peaches & Cream Cafe, Azai is here to serve you! Azai adores getting to know his customers, so be ready to answer his questions!

The cafe is open every other day, as Azai needs to be able to have time to restock on brews, so make sure you come back when we are open!

Each prompt has a limit of 150 words minimum, however because Azai could listen to you talk for hours, there is no max limit to how much you may write! You may also use art as an entry, downsizing the word limit minimum to 50 in order to help with explaining what the art is depicting.

Prompts will update sometime around 12 PM EST every other day. Please do not edit previous forms after the booth is closed for judging, or your form for that day will be disqualified. Each reply that fits the requirements of the prompt will be rewarded 6 tokens, and on a rare occurrence, answers that Azai seemed to enjoy will be rewarded with extra tokens.
Last edited by ♔Voltaire♔ on Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
♔Voltaire♔

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❀ Today's Prompt ❀

Postby ♔Voltaire♔ » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:33 am

Be sure to check back here every other day for a new prompt!
Prompt 4 ends: Monday at 12PM EST!

“Okay, last question: Do you believe in ghosts? Tell me about a run-in you’ve had with those beyond the living, or tell me why you don’t believe in them!”

Code: Select all
Username:
Buttermilk's Name/ Link:
Answer to Prompt: 
Last edited by ♔Voltaire♔ on Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
♔Voltaire♔

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Peaches and Cream Café (Open!)

Postby ♔Voltaire♔ » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:12 pm

Open for posting! 💕
xxx

────
══════
───────────
══
═══════════
────
═══════════

sig cred
───────────
════
─ - Mason Jennings

♔Voltaire♔

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BiscuitTheDog » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:17 pm

Username: BiscuitTheDog
Buttermilk's Name/ Link: Carmie
Answer to Prompt:
Carmie nearly dropped her drink when she heard the first question. Her mind flash-backed to some not-so-fun times in her life. She looked up to see the cream and white bull, Azai, looking at her with concerned teal eyes. She mumbled quickly, "S-sorry, Azai. I-it's just that I've never been asked that before, and I... d-don't really like to talk about it."
Azai appeared distraught at her response. Carmie frowned at him before muttering, "Oh, fine, I suppose I could tell you. It's quite a sensitive topic to me.
I grew up on a factory farm. The conditions there where horrendous, to say the least. The cows were crammed together, and while the calves could swoop under the herd's bellies, the adults could barely move a step without bumping into another cow.
We got fed, but the food was bland and tasteless. The water was dingy and did not taste nice.
Me and the other young heifers would often stick with our mums, just to be safe. The bull calves, however, rough-housed with eachother, zig-zagging between the adult's legs, but they were scolded often for it. Life on that factory was no fun, and every day the life drained out of the entire herd- not to mention the occasional death that made us fear for our lives even more.
Cows were mostly there to produce milk or provide meat (hence most of the deaths) for humans. It was terrible.
One day, however, we were all let outside. The day before a few humans holding clipboards and wearing masks had spoken quite angrily to the owner of the factory. It was then that we all perked our ears and held our breath.
It was a big relief to be let out. We breathed in fresh air and chewed fresh, dew-tipped grass. We chased strange insects around the grass that we'd never seen before. It was so much fun. The people wearing masks and holding clipboards still watched us with searching eyes.
Life went on. Me and my friends grew a year older. More cows, including my mother, had been slaughtered. We were still pent up, but only for a few days at a time. Then we were let out for a day or two into the field.
Me and my heifer friends had been eating in the field when large, rumbly trucks drove up into the factory parking lot. It all happened quite fast. The herd was bustled into many of these trucks, five to be exact. Every single one-hundred-and-thirty cows of the herd were loaded onto the vehicles. Through the bars of the truck I saw the owner of the slightly less miserable factory yelling at the people with clipboards, who seemed to be attempting to reason with him. I didn't understand most, but I did hear something about "unsafe work conditions".
Anyways, we were in those trucks for a few days with minimal stops before we got to our supposed destination. We were unloaded into a place called "Hidden Stars Ranch".
I had just been tentatively walking around the field of that place when I realized that it was only my truck that had been unloaded. The other cows that had ridden with me were confused aswell, but the trucks had driven off already.
Oh! Also- I guess that's your answer to the second question, heh. I live on Hidden Stars ranch currently. It's a great place. better than the factory ever was, even on good days. There's delicious food to eat here, and I even have my own private stable! It has a lovely yellow blanket that I love rolling on, and a trough filled with clear, if not a bit sweet, water. I even have my own personal comfort plush (a soft yellow armadillo plush!) for particularly scary days, like bad thunderstorms.
I couldn't be anymore happy to be here, really.
I just wish my mother were here."
(651 words holy carp i just wrote my heart out didnt i-)
Last edited by BiscuitTheDog on Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-not very active but when i am its on oekaki
BiscuitTheDog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Day 1

Postby yeena » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:03 pm

Username: ceance

Buttermilk's Name/ Link: Milk
    Answer to Prompt: Milk nervously situated him at one of the small tables with the nice chairs, breathing in the clean scent of the cafe. He greets the owner with an excited glint in his eyes, ordering a simple milkshake for his namesake. It surprises him when the owner, Azai, asks him about his home life. Milk shifts a bit uncomfortably, unsure of why Azai would be curious about this, although he simply seems curious. After a moment of silence, he decides to carefully put his shake on the table and straighten himself up a bit.

He lives in a city apartment on one of the higher floors; the sixth, to be exact. He didn't get to pick his apartment floor and he's actually quite nervous about staying up so high due to his irrational fear of falling and something tragic happening to him as a result. He would much rather live on the first or second floor but he's too anxious to actually ask the owner if he would be able to move to a lower floor and, as a result, he's stuck in his high room. Milk doesn't like to keep his curtains open as a result of being able to see the city below so he makes sure that the curtains stay closed.

Milk's apartment is relatively clean for a struggling, anxious college student. He has a couple clothes laying in the corner of some rooms, along with books being place over the arms of some of his chairs, but there aren't any free papers laying around or stacks of dishes laying around. In fact, Milk can't stand his apartment being messy and is meticulous when it comes to cleaning. He takes multiple times out of the week to tidy up his room and designates a day each week to heavily clean his apartment by bleaching the floors, tables and dusting everything.

While Milk prefers a very minimalist lifestyle and living with a few bookshelves packed with books and a loft bed to save space, he did decide to invest in a nano tank. It stays on a nightstand near a window and has a small piece of coral in it, something to remember the man that helped him raise a piece of coral on a summer vacation he took a year back. He checks this tank on a daily basis, making sure the salinity and water temperature is right and everything similar. He even has a little name tag attached to the tank on the front, labeling it as "Hermes".

Overall, Milk lives alone in his apartment but sometimes he does have friends from college come over, or the occasional long distance friend that comes down to visit. He might be considered lonely by some, but he plans to litter his apartment in plants when he's able to care for something more than some succulents in the darkness. [479W]
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chanhee. » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:19 pm

Username: besieged
    Buttermilk's Name/ Link: rey
    Answer to Prompt: [278]
    rey sits back in her chair and takes another sip of her peachy drink, humming to herself as she tries to think about what makes her home so special. when nothing immediately comes to mind, she shrugs and decides to just talk and see where her mind goes.

"well, i don't think my home is too unique, honestly. where i'm from is really cool, but i'll get to that later. for now, though, i live in a cottage up north, with harsh winters but beautiful summers- nothing's ever too hot and as long as it's not freezing, the ground is great for gardening. the skies are clear and you can see every star out there, and in the winter it's nice to have a little fire to curl up next to and read or write, but... it's very different from where i was born.

i was actually born on a star," rey takes in azai's surprised look with a grin and a small laugh, "it's relatively close to earth and i was sent here due to war there. i don't remember much of home, but sometimes, when i look up to the sky, i can almost hear it calling to me. someday i'd like to go back, but until my parents reach out... i'm here.

sorry I went on a little bit of a tangent there! i, uh, would love to tell you more, but... i don't think i have it in me, sadly. sorry about that."

rey finishes up her drink and sets her glass down, scratching at her arm a bit before taking her leave, leaving a twenty dollar tip under her glass.
chanhee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Areater » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:41 pm

does basil need more development over my other buttermilks? no. do i wanna talk about her? yes!

Username: Areater
    Buttermilk's Name/ Link: basil!
    Answer to Prompt: "i'm the founder of the gladiola herd, and, well...it's beautiful." basil smiled. "i'm not the herd leader, anymore, i've long since accepted that...but i know i'm the one who started all the traditions, i'm the one who settled down in the perfect spot..." she smiled as she trailed off. "oh, but i'm hardly answering the question, am i? silly me. sorry, i just get a little emotional." she cleared her throat. "our herd lives in the mountains, but we're rather nomadic - we don't have a set camp for longer than a few months at a time! always looking for new things, being adventurous, that's us. oh, my favorite part is the flowers - the herd deities thrive on flowers, so of course we live somewhere where they bloom so beautifully. oh, you should see it in the spring - it's my favorite season because the world is just so beautiful." she smiled blissfully. "there's lots of rivers, too, for fresh water. it's really perfect."
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
x
x
┌───────────┐

hecking moo.
⇢ she/her ⇠
⇢ atheist ⇠
⇢ queer ⇠

└───────────┘
x
x
┌─────┐

└─────┘
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
Areater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BadgerBuddies » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:00 pm

Username: BadgerBuddies
Buttermilk's Name/ Link: Erika
Answer to Prompt:
Erika grumbled to herself, walking along at a markedly slower pace behind the Buttermilk Babies herd. “‘Let’s all go to the Farmer’s Market!’, ‘Oh it’ll be so much fun!’, and ‘The Farmer’s Market is the best part of springtime!’” Erika muttered lowly, mocking the words of the other heifers she lived with. Dragged here another year in a row, against her will. She hated big crowds, and there were always too many other cows at the Farmer’s Market for her taste. While she enjoyed the odds and ends she would be able to purchase, her anxiety and distaste in crowds outweighed that benefit.

Erika paused and took a deep breathe before slowly exhaling as the herd crossed the threshold onto the Farmer’s Market property. She quickly broke away from the group, as they headed directly into the thick of things. Erika decided that she would stick to the booths on the outskirts of the market for now. The brown heifer nervously began to make her way though the booths before noticing a sign for a cafe. Without thinking, Erika retreated toward the cafe, knowing that a cup of tea would be just the thing she needed to soothe her anxiety.

As she scuttled over to the shop, she realized just who was behind the counter of the cafe. It was Azai, the bull she commonly saw at her favorite cafe. “He must be here to help out with the market” Erika whispered softly to herself. Her anxiety was no longer going to be able to decrease, instead it was skyrocketing. The shy heifer felt herself starting to blush, but hoped that the dark patches of fur around her face would hide her pink cheeks.

The soft bull turns around to take her order. As Azai scribbled down the order, he started to chat with Erika, asking her questions. That was one of Erika’s favorite things about Azai, he was always able to initiate interesting conversations, as she considered herself pretty useless when it came to sparking conversations.

The heifer bashfully looked down and nervously rubbed her hooves together. “Uh, well, I live with quite the lively bunch of other heifers, and even a couple of bulls!” Erika began. “It’s a big plot of land, with lots to do. And there’s multiple different big barns for all of us to live in.”

“It can get pretty hectic with so many Buttermilks living together, so I’m very thankful to have my own room for some privacy and some peace and quiet. If you couldn’t already tell, I’m pretty quiet for the most part and definitely appreciate my alone time!” Erika told him, both smiling. Azai finished making Erika’s tea, sliding it over to her. She took a sip before continuing with her story.

“Some of the other Buttermilks in our herd are interested in botany, biology, or cooking, so they all collectively decided to construct a massive garden. That way, the cooks of the barn have fresh fruits, veggies, and herbs or spices to use in their dishes. Those that love caring for plants are the ones who do most of the garden maintenance, as that’s their passion. The cows that like to study animals and nature can often be found in the garden carrying out observations of the local wildlife. It’s often pretty quiet there, not to mention beautiful, and the flowers and spice plants smell incredible. I find myself wandering around the garden we have quite often, as it can be a refreshing and peaceful escape from the hectic hustle of the rest of the herd.”

(597)
BadgerBuddies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:39 pm

Username: DarkestWerewolf
Buttermilk's Name/ Link: Aria
Answer to Prompt: (479 words)
    Aria’s gaze glided over the tea that day in front of her before a small smile formed on her face. She could already feel the wind against her body as she rushed through the waves of long, swaying grass. Nostalgia filled her senses.

“I was born into a wild herd. Out there in the fields, nothing but wide open plains as far as the eye can see. Everytime the wind blows, the long grass would sway, making little waves. The air was fresh. The herd could graze for hours and at night, we would sleep under the starry sky. When the rains, we could all retreat to an old barn that hasn’t been used. The owners still had the property under their name and didn’t sell it but they just left one day. The barn provided shelter when the weather was harsh. Seasons would come and go. The colour of the grass and trees changing were a sight to behold but there isn’t as much food compared to summer. There’s still sufficient food but only if everyone ate wisely. Gluttony wasn’t a good trait in those times. It doesn’t snow but it can get pretty cold when the cold winds blow.
    Predators were a rare sight. However, we would often catch glances of their shadows lurking around the forest. Whenever we were in potential danger, the bull would come and save us. Horns are usually enough to deter them. We were grateful that our home had provided us with food and water without having to worry about mich danger. However, as we were passing by the old barn one day, we saw a group of people with big machines bustling about. We were worried they’d tear down the barn. We could always tolerate the rain but shelter was definitely a big plus. As days and weeks went on, we realised that the barn hasn’t been torn down and the owners would put out bales of hay near the edge of their barn. It looked like the barn had been remade. No more leaky roofs and the occasional wooden planks giving in as we walked.
    It took us quite some time to realise that the owners were feeding us and only us. They had an entire barn but only have a dog. No other animals. Everytime we grazed nearby or ate the hay, the owners would quietly and excitedly watch us from their porch. One would be knitting or enjoying the view and the other would be drawing or just taking a nap. They posed no danger so we were fine with their company. They would even toss us the occasional carrot or apple. They would come and go with the seasons. By mid to late fall, they would start pulling up at the barn and by the time winter is done, they’d leave. They were a very nice couple.”
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ravendarus » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:54 pm

Username: Ravendarus
Buttermilk's Name/ Link: Dashiell
Answer to Prompt: Dashi blinked surprised as he tenderly put his cup of tea down and smiled up at him sheepishly, he was a little taken back by the question, "W-Well... honestly. I-I live on a farm, it's a pretty nice place actually. I live with my a few of my friends and my daughter Venus. S-She is a really sweet girl." He chuckled nervously. "A-Ah well... let's see here. My farm is n-nice a quiet little farm, we raise chickens and ducks mostly and Marshmellow loves to make her own baked goods." he said, "I think it's really special because w-we all live and work there together. It might be simple to others but to us it's perfect." he said softly.

"Plus it has this absolutely stunning pond where our ducks like to h-hang out... there is a swan couple there and I hope to see beautiful baby swans this year." He said softly. "Oh! A-And the field! There is a huge field of flowers there too, they have such a delicate smell to them. It r-really is a great place to frolic or nap." he said gently. "I-I hope that answers your question ahhh." he said before he took another sip of his tea.
Ravendarus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me