Time spent 1 day, 11 hours
Drawing sessions 5
104 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Breado

Feather Boa #001 - Starlight, Starbright

Postby Tricksters » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:25 am

Happy holidays all!
It's a seasons miracle- an adopt has been released before new years!
Events and more adopts should start showing up once the new year hits, however I wanted to make sure I got an adopt out to y'all as soon as possible. Apologies it's so late in the year, but work has my free time at a very tight limit

This competition will be a prompt driven impress me!
Below is a skeleton form to get y'all started, however extras are allowed [and encouraged]
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Who are they?:[/b]
[b]Where do they live?:[/b]

This contest will be closed January 16th, at 7pm central time.
If you have any questions, or need any help, please PM me here!
(friendly reminder replies to dms may be a little slow after jan 1st bc i return to work, but ill try my best to reply asap!)

Good luck all!
Last edited by Tricksters on Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tricksters

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Feather Boa #001 - Starlight, Starbright

Postby jinkori » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:50 am

mark... 😭
    WHITE MOONLIGHT !!
    jin ♡ it/he ♡ estp ♡ omni
    certified blond men kisser
    dms are always welcome
    listopinterestcarrd
jinkori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jasps » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:51 am

Mark holy shOOT

────
hrnn im medicated now but that
doesn't change that
cs's pm system is absolute garbage
please message me on discord if its important thank u
────
─────────────
Слава Україні | BLM
DJ/general nuisance
he/him
adult lol
discord @ jasper#4992

─────────────
art cred <3
jasps

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:08 am

Name: “Starling” Van Lith

Occupation: traveler, fugitive, almost graduated at the University of Urilia

Who are they?:
    Starling is an upbeat and joke loving boa who might seem like he's the stupidest thing in the galaxy sometimes, but that can just mostly be blamed on the fact that he has trouble expressing himself with words.
    He had a decent childhood, though he had a lot of speech issues while growing up, which lead to him not talking much, but still being an active, trick-loving boa.
    He absolutely loves jokes, puns, and tricks regardless of it being pulled on him or him playing a joke on someone else.
    Starling can be quite an ignorant mess sometimes, though; he can get so focused on the details that he fails to see the whole picture, which often leads to bad endings.

Background:
    Ex-student of the University of Urilia, Starling is a boa that was known for his trickster-like nature; always planning jokes in secret, he was basically called "the quiet jester" by the whole university. His teachers were always amused by how well planned his tricks and jokes were, yet how lazy and careless he was when it came to studying or his own safety.
    In reality though, Starling just has trouble learning things the old fashioned "sit down and read/listen" way. He did well in middle school, not so well in high school, and now even he's amazed at how he managed to get into university. He struggled for a month, then he just decided to give up and stop trying.

Trivia:
    • He's a real sweet tooth!
    • He was once a picky eater, but after he started traveling, he learned that he should eat as much as he can if he can, othervise he might just not have anything to eat for weeks.

Starling came from a planet called Routurn. Instead of days, they say "turns", which lasts from noon to noon.

Their belief system revolves around three entities: one representing their Sun, and the two others representing their two moons. They believe that while the Entity of the Sun, Sola'aya, gives them warmth, created life and the two other entities, the entities of the two moons, Luns'us and Holdo'ra. Those two are responsible for everything else. They say Sola'aya blessed them with the power of creating everything that isn't a living being.
    They regard Luns'us as the bringer of happiness and good luck, creator of water, air, and everything harmless, while they regard Holdo'ra as the creator lf everything harmful and bad, the bringer of misfortune.

His home city, Urilia, is the capital of their "country". Out of all the capitals, this and another city, Alarana, are the most advanced cities there, with them also being the most populated ones in the "country".
    Urilia, like other cities of this planet, is lead by a "chief" and her two advisers. Chiefs are not allowed to listen to anyone else but their adverseries; there can be as many adverseries as a chief wants, but their numbers usually don't go above three or four. Adverseries are the ones who listen to the people and communicate their needs and suggestions to the chief.

Trivia:
    • When they say "Holdo'ra has blessed me.", they mean that something bad has happened to them.
    • Their days of the week are Firturn, Secturn, Thirturn, Forturn, Fifturn, Solturn and Lunturn.

Where do they live?:
    Although he travels a lot, Starling has a few spots in the galaxy that are yet to be discovered by authority. Those places are on different planets or space stations, and as long as he doesn't raise any suspicion, he's good to go. But out of all, there's one place he feels more at home than the others: at the edge of his galaxy, there's a little inn called The Lucky Moon. He knows the owner and though he'd never admit it to him, Starling sees the guy like the father he never had. And the owner's son and daughter are good friends of his as well.

The rings around his body are from ancient times. They are regarded as gifts from the three Entities given to the first civilization on the planet. People say they're sacred objects that are hard to master.
    Legend says that when the time is right and the people need it the most, a so called 'hero' will rise and use the rings to defeat a dark being they call Nad'ya Ni who is said to bring the destruction of their planet when it awakens from its slumber.

With them, you can travel from place to place, but they need time to recharge. The longer distance one travels, the longer it takes for them to recharge.
    These rings are usually warm to the touch, but they react to the wearer/user's emotions (e.g. glow brighter when happy, get extremely hot when furious, lukewarm and pulsating when in love, etc.).

Urilia kept all the three rings on his small planet safe. They were supposed to be kept safe until the 'hero' the prophecy tells about comes, but Starling managed to get a hold of them while everyone was distracted by a power outage caused by him. Now, he travels the galaxy, going where the cosmic winds take him, maybe saving someone here or starting a rebellion there, whatever he feels like doing at the moment.

Trivia:
    • It's unkown how the rings got to Routurn, but on the planet they came from, there are two others like them: one that's like the sun, and the other that's like the moon. They aren't rare at all there, and those who use the star rings are called "Shooting stars"; this is because of their ability to travel fast from one place to another.

Funny how despite being the worst student in his entire school, ever since he started traveling Starling has learned a LOT. Now, he's basically able to understand a number of different alien languages (even if he can't speak them very well), has a basic understanding of how ships work and can even fix minor problems with them, he learned a lot about different flora and fauna (both from being told to be careful with this-and-that, and from making poor decisions, of course), he became quite good at navigating, and of course he learned different constellations to be able to tell where he exactly is, even if he doesn't know what they call them!

Username: Breado | credits: stars: "90 Stars BRK Font" 20
font: "Gessele" 50
Last edited by Breado on Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 29 times in total.
Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby saraphena » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:16 am

Username: saraphena
      Name: sunflare | prefers "sol" since he thinks it's cooler
      Who are they?:
      Where do they live?:

omg res,,
saraphena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfinityWarMemes » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:35 am

Username: InfinityWarMemes, if you need to contact me directly please message me on discord @ hereway#8627!

Name: Soleil

Who are she?: Soleil is a deity of light and health- forged from pure stardust. However, she's not a full deity yet. She has the role of a deity, but she's more of a minor deity compared to the others in her field. In order to receive the full rank, she must prove herself through multiple tasks. So, her main task is being a guide for lost wandering spirits, and leading them to their proper resting place to bring them at peace- using her rings around her neck to light their way and make sure they get where they need to safely. She is a young creature compared to others around her, but she holds wisdom that only the most dedicated beings can gather a fragment of in their lifetime. The rings around her neck and tail are said to be made of pure light, and the ribbon around her body a whole universe in its own. She’s a whimsical creature who does what she believes to be right, though incredibly headstrong and stubborn. She knows her role in this world and can be very intense about it- reminding people where she sits, and for them to know their place. She doesn’t have any friends currently, as there isn’t much life in the dead space she floats in. However, one of her current ambitions is to summon enough power to create a creature of her power and size to keep her company during her aimless creating and spirit guiding, since it gets lonely and makes her tasks mundane and tiresome. Despite the fact she says little to nothing, her actions say more than any words she could even conjure. She'd definitely be a mom friend if she had any company at all. She can be a little eccentric, and has a very hard time communicating with others due to her lack of social skills- since she literally just floats along making planets and guiding spirits. She's absolutely determined to become a full deity one day, and will probably stop at nothing to get there (that doesn't mean she's putting her whole life to this goal- she wants to have some time to enjoy herself)

Where does she live?: Soleil floats among the universe, exhaling stardust in hopes to create new stars and in turn, new solar systems. She doesn't use her eyes much in the dead space the resides, and usually keeps them closed just because of preference and because there's really no use for them if she cant see. Lost spirits do float out of their planet and into space where she collects them and helps them on their path to rest- since it is her main task. She just creates stars as a fun past-time to her would-be dreary existence. She finds joy in helping the disgruntled spirits. In this universe, she has created a spare pocket dimension in which she has claimed as a 'lair' of sorts. (think of this like ultra wormholes in Pkmn SunMoon) Its more or less a massive gaping hole of a cave with millions of lanterns, candles, and fires all along the sides of the cave, with floating stars scattered in the air around it. The cave itself has many crystals clustered beside little ponds, and have a warm and welcoming glow to them. It is her favourite place of all time to reside. It has also been a rumour that she keeps souls that really have no place to go in her pocket dimension until there is a proper location for them to travel to together.

Rough personality: Soliel is incredibly motherly. She cares deeply about every spirit and creature she comes across, and shows her appreciation for them in very interesting ways. She'll be nice to them for a couple minutes, but if the thinks they cross the line she'll put her foot down and remind them where they stand compared to her. She's super headstrong and stubborn- once she's doing something or thinks something, there's no changing her mind. She's whimsical and an old, odd soul.
She's like,, wise  .
If she's ever challenged, she can be incredibly competitive and arrogant to the other creature. She pretty much just lectures them about how if they do that to the wrong being it could mean their death (even though she has a bit of a big head, it doesnt mean that she'll burst their head open!) She speaks very little, but knows more than you can ever imagine. Also, since she pretty much has to guide spirits to wherever they belong, she judges everyone and everything to the point where its showing up outside of her job and can sometimes make her a pain to be around. She can be like "You're preposterous." or "I can tell they're a troublemaker.". Soliel can be really harsh without even realizing it sometimes, but she means well, she promises! She never focuses on the future, and instead focuses on the present. After all, "What's it worth, wasting your days thinking on what might happen to you five years from now? Nothing, I'd say." She's insightful and creative, does what she believes is right. Her life is dedicated to her being a guide, and she is honoured for this task that has been given to her.
Definitely more of a listener than anything, its actually quite hard to get her talking at first!
(More or less an INFJ-A, I literally took a quiz with her character in mind LMAO)

Rough summary of abilities/powers:
-Able to create stardust and meld it into stars
-Able to manipulate own size, but prefers her default (absolute unit see below)
- Any creature can understand what she's saying regardless of whether its in their language or not
- Ability to create almost any kind of life (takes a lot of power)
-Doesnt seem to need air to survive, just chills wherever.
-Can conjure light whenever she pleases.
-Can heal injuries, including her own (regeneration basically)
-Travel through dimensions and realms
-Has the ability to control electricity?? Can't create it on her own but can amplify it. Even with the smallest shock, she can generate an electrical force strong enough to crumble an entire planet. (Wont do such a thing for obvious reasons, but its always a possibility!)

Spare info/facts!
-Sometimes while guiding spirits, she'll give them little snacks to make their journey as comfortable as possible. She loves to bake/cook when she doesn't have any work to do!
-She's nice to every spirit while leading them to their destination, but the moment they arrive, depending on who they are, she will turn and drop them off (this depends on how they were in their past life and how they acted towards others)
-She cant resist pastries and will make special trips to planets to gather as many as possible! (thats what she shares with the spirits she guides)
-Sometimes if she gets especially bored, she's been known to play pranks on unsuspecting people for the fun of it. It's her favourite past-time if work gets slow, really.
- Actually has a part-part-time job as celestial jury?? She helps decide where the worst of the worst deserve to go (by worst of the worst, we mean the worst creatures in the entire universe who have done unspeakable acts. Preeetty big deal) Its kind of painful for her though since she does care for every living creature and is incredibly empathetic to the point where she'll sometimes side with the criminal.
-Almost never gets a break from all her work, when she does she spends it cooking and baking as its really relaxing to her.
-She's an absolute unit. her default size is like,, 3 planets the size of jupiter stacked on top of one another. She doesn't really care, but can manipulate her size to her liking incase she's really feeling out of it or just wants to spice things up. (Makes travelling around the universe a heck of a lot easier!)
-Her voiceclaim is probably Florence And The Machine!

Extra!! SOLIEL HAS A FRIEND I REPEAT SOLIEL HAS A FRIEND THIS IS UNHEARD OF
---
The following character is actually one of my really close friends, we both agreed to have them be friends so please dont think that Emortal is my character, since she's not !! She belongs to Sim-Sim on DA!!!
--
Soliel actually has a friend!! They don't get to see each other often, but they're still pretty close!!
Basically there's this alternate dimension where are ton of spirit guides sit around and wait for souls to come in. Soliel has to stay around here a lot in order to get her job done, of course. When there aren't any souls coming in or its going pretty slow, the spirit guides just sit around and talk to each other (sometimes they'll gossip about troublesome karen souls as if they were working in retail)
spirit guides also go down to earth in mortal forms if they're especially bored, though Soliel tends to travel to other planets as she has a higher job- being a demi-deity n whatnot!
These mortal forms are either their traditional form (but less mystical and sparkly) or a human- which the spirit guides prefer since its a weird new way for them to express themselves and spirit guides love weird new things.
they aren't allowed to talk about the alt. dimension and they have to be certified by a higher-dimension-being before they go to earth (Soliel once again bypasses this as once again- being a deity of health and light)
there's only a limited amount of spirit guides allowed on earth since they gotta do their job and not goof off or enjoy the luxury of their designated planet.
When the spirit guides are on earth or any planet in general, there's always a calming vibe when they land on there, and have the curious ability of being able to sense each other if one is close by- since the spirit guides do know each other they'd all rather group together than find a mortal soul to talk to, since some of them aren't custom to earth traditions.
This exact way was how Emortal and Soliel became friends!
Emortal has a sarcastic and witty personality, though she is very sweet and genuinely cares about the well-being of others. This genuine care for others helped spark a bond between the two and honestly just bring them closer.
They dont see each other that often since Soliel has other tasks to tend to, despite her main job being a spirit guide.
But when they do, they constantly gossip about the places they've been or about the tasks they had to do the other day. (Though time is a funny concept for them since they pretty much just float around in space doing whatever whilst waiting for a soul, its an even more abstract concept for Soliel but she just pretends to understand it) Gossip is one of their favourite things to do together, along with going to Earth (since that's Emortal's designated planet) Soliel gossips/complains a lot about her role as a demi-deity basically, but she's glad Emortal wont give her a hard time for it since she knows she cares, and that becoming a full deity is basically her biggest dream.
Soliel isn't a massive talker, but when she's around Emortal she has a hard time shutting up! She really trusts the fellow spirit guide and thus really opens herself up to her!

(Im gonna keep editing this but HJDSFK Im boutta break my back trying to get this,, first fb here we come)
Last edited by InfinityWarMemes on Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Neo
They/She
InfinityWarMemes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prisms. » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:47 am

m..mark...

Username: galaxymouse
Name: Nova
Who are they?: Nova's role is a guardian of the suns and other light beings in space. They make sure that everything goes right with them and could even make one if they wanted to. But that is their job only part time. Nova usually likes visiting the other guardians of space and talking to them, or discovering new locations for possible stars. If they aren't doing that, they are usually doing something at their home base.

Cool facts:
- The stars they shed from their fur could have a chance to fall into space and become a sun or other being of light.
- The scarf is made from the stardust they have collected, A token that shows they have the official job of Starkeeper. They got it when they passed the test to become a Starkeeper.
- Nova has an outgoing personality, and loves to talk about stars and space. They usually can cheer up anyone with a few neat tricks.
- The halos Nova has represents the first three stars they made, and that they regulated or is still regulating those suns.
- Nova was created for the first need of space, suns. Most planets depend on it nowadays, so Nova helps with keeping them in order.
Where do they live?:
A floating bunch of islands in space surrounded by a force field. Nova can control this force field to let anyone in or out.

wip still on the details! Gonna keep editing later and you know I'm adding stuff to this
Editing later
Last edited by prisms. on Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quitting cs, wont be v active here,
Carrd has places to find me I guess

toyhouse
prisms.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheEternalPlague » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:14 am

This adopt is literally so beautiful ;-;

Username:

TheEternalPlague

Name:

Solis Aestu (roughly translates to Sun Burn, or the act of being Burned by the Sun)

It doesn’t care much for human frivolities such as gender, but if it had to choose it would pick They/them or just it.

Personality:

Solis is cocky, the cockiest being you will ever meet. That is only because it is one of the strongest beings in the universe, second only to the one who created it.
It has very little regard for the lives of beings who will die in merely a blink compared to it, which is shown through its disregard of inhabited planets, burning them, destroying them, or devouring them simply to gain energy.
Solis is actually very lonely, which it didn’t realize what that feeling was until recently when Colliding White Dwarves died/was absorbed. It realized that it had no one of actual sentience to talk to, and it was beginning to lose a little of its sanity by talking to itself.
It has a sort of ‘royal’ personality, as in it acts regally, as befitting someone of high breeding, and doesn’t take well to those below it trying to talk to it. (That is usually what happens to inhabited planets second only to them getting destroyed because they tried to attack Solis.

Who are they?:

This creature was formed in the void long before the creation of this universe, and the universes that came before it. It has traveled countless light years in the trillions of years that it has been alive, gliding in and out of stars, nebulae, and even black holes. It revels in its duty to devour stars and, sometimes, even entire galaxies in one bite. It does not know who gave it this directive, but it takes great pride in doing its job correctly.
It doesn’t know who gave it its name, but it deemed its name fitting for a creature as powerful as it is. Its power is so great that it can ‘burn suns’ so to speak. Really it just absorbs the energy/plasma from the suns and causes them to extinguish themselves, thus, burning themselves out..
This being will sometimes collect stars and small bits of debri to float around itself until they burn out and it has to replace them. Sometimes the debri, as the stars are too powerful to stray to far from the being, will fall down to a nearby planet or satellite. This was the creation of what is now known to us as ‘shooting stars’ or comets.

Where do they live?:

This being lives in the void, or the empty expanses of space when not following its duty and devouring massive star systems. Sometimes it will encapsule it’s entire being into a smaller, less burn when you look at it, form which grants it the ability to travel the worlds that it does not eat. It has been to our world many times, and each time it visits it raises the heat of the entire world.

Legends/Religions:

It has claimed a place in our world as a god, or, to be more precise, multiple gods. The gods Helios, Apollo, Ra, etc. are all just differing versions of this being of extreme light. We humans cannot see every aspect of this being or we would burn with all the power of the suns it has devoured, therefore, we have only seen what we want to see when looking upon it. We humans believe our species superior so we have seen mostly human aspects of it.
It is said in many ancient scripts that every time it devours the universe it is given a new Sol ring around its body, this is supposed to represent rebirth and the renewal through burning. This is much like a phoenix, and this great being was indeed the basis behind the creation of the Phoenix legend

Powers/Abilities:

Devouring: It has the ability to devour stars, entire galaxies, and once it had to devour the entire universe to start over.
Absorption: It can absorb the energy of nearby power sources, from something as small as an ant to something as large as a whole solar system (This is on a smaller scale compared to the devouring, which can only be used once every 2 billion years.
Compression: It can compress itself into a smaller form to travel around on planets and stars without killing everything around it via absorption.
Fire Elements: Can basically do anything related to fire (fire-breathing, pyrokineses, change it’s body heat, etc.
Shapeshifting: It has minor shapeshifting abilities (this includes changing the species and coloration, but it has difficulty changing gender, etc.
Creation: Has the ability to create life forms, but only if they are creatures of light or fire (these beings usually get absorbed accidentally by it, but it has yet to create one with any more sentience than a bird or a mouse, let alone one that has enough intellect to converse with it)

Companion(s): {D= dead A= alive M= missing}

M- Flare (being encapsuled completely in flames, vaguely humanoid)
    D- Blaze (literally just a small flame)
    D- Zephrys (a being made of the oxygen that fuels flames)
    D- Conipsus (a bonfire complete with the wood fueling the flames)
    A- Terra (named after a planet once seen by the great being, this companion was and still is its favorite one, it take special care not to absorb the fire bird)
    D- Clandestine (a small, vaguely equine figure, made entirely out of light particles, it either looks completely white and blindingly bright, or you can see small rainbows in it from time to time)
    D- Flow of the Water over the Rocks (its first try at making a companion not made out of light or fire, it didn’t end well and the amalgamation was destroyed)
    A- Tyrant (a large bipedal creature that looks much like a past reptilian creature from our world, it is mostly made out of molten rock with a head that it constantly on fire)
    D- Bob (a blob of... something)
    A- Mimi (a small rodent looking creature that is created form the weak morning rays that enter your room in the morning)
    M- Tangled Red Strings of Fate (beams of light that appear red that connect souls that were once bonded, and are destined to be bonded again)
    D- Calypso (a being of fire that was too powerful to stay with the other companions, was forced into a world made completely out of water where this companion breathed its last)
    D- Colliding White Dwarves (extremely hot and extremely small, this companion stayed close to it, but apparently too close as it was accidentally absorbed by it.

(If mine doesn’t get picked then I’m snatching all of this for a new character because I’m pretty sure this is the best thing I’ve written in a while lol)
Last edited by TheEternalPlague on Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
-5 ChickenSmoothie Hours + 969865
I love Malk Pets/Spiders/Hyenas/Bearded Vultures
TheEternalPlague

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snipsnops » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:14 am