Artist Keen [gallery]
Time spent 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Chetapal Destrals - Artist Search - OPEN

Postby Keen » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:02 am

Thread Navigation
Artist Search Rules | Rarity Examples | Horn & Antler Examples | Things You Should Know | FAQ | Posted Artist Forms

Species Navigation
Main Page | Discord | Bank | Archive | Artist Search | Nursery | Customs | Events | Adopts

---

Hello and thank you for your interest in Chetapal Destrals! Before you create your entries, please be sure to read all rules so be sure to give yourself the best chance of success! Have fun!
Last edited by Keen on Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Artist Search Rules

Artist Search Rules

- Obey all CS rules, and rules on the front page.
- Do not remove OR move the signature or "Fake" layers.
- Do NOT make a cover. Post each entry separately underneath this image directly. Do not post them underneath another of your entries.
- You must create at least one horse on the normal lines and one on the Mammoth lines, although you may create as many as you wish.
- This is NOT to be used to make yourself a character. This is for search for Artists only.
- Any entry that is open for claims may be claimed ONLY IF you possess at the time the proper level custom token.
- Any entry to be claimed MUST be claimed on its entry page, and the artist applicant must agree.
- Any claims must be approved by Keen before it becomes official.
- An applicant may not claim their own entry unless they become a Full-Time Artist.
- Try to showcase your abilities to create both natural and unnatural coats, as both may be needed in the future. Be creative!
- You must fill out this form under each entry.
Code: Select all
[u]Artist Search Entry[/u]
Username:
Phenotype:
Rarity:
Open for Claims?

Additionally, you should fill out this form and post it here on the main Artist Search Page.
Code: Select all
Username:
Position Applying for: (Breeding/Adopt/Custom Artist, or a combination of the three)
Links to Entries:
Minimum two, one on each set of lines, but can be as many as you like!

You do not have to have entries made to post this. Just edit your post to include any links to entries you may make later.
Last edited by Keen on Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rarity Examples

Rarity Examples

Starting with the basics, the three base coat colors are Black, Bay, and Chestnut. We won't get into the genetics here, just the phenotype (the way the coat appears to the eye). Traditionally-colored Destrals with no markings are very common. They have no coat modifiers and no unusual traits.
Image Image Image

Traditional leg or face markings bump the Destral up to Common, but they have no body markings other than these.

Body markings such as overo or tobiano, or any other paint gene, make the Destral Uncommon. An uncommon Destral may also have a mane color that does not necessarily go with its base coat. As an example, a black horse with a chestnut mane. Additionally, uncommon Destrals may have a single base coat modifier such as cream, dun, champagne, and pearl. These may not be combined with paint markings, and they may not be found in the double-positive variety in an uncommon individual.
Image Image Image

Double base-coat modifiers (eg, perlino or cremello) are only found on Rare Destrals. Unusually-shaped paint markings, or paint markings in combination with a base coat modifier (such as a dun tobiano), are also considered rare traits.
Image Image

Finally, Very Rare Destrals can be anything the artist can imagine. They can be flashy, have odd symbols or markings, and can have line edits. More examples of these will be posted as soon as they are spotted!
Last edited by Keen on Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Horn & Antler Examples

Postby Keen » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:03 am

Coming Soon!
Last edited by Keen on Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Things You Should Know Before You Apply

Things You Should Know Before you Apply

Rules for Full-time Artists
- Each Artist must make at least one adopt per month, but no more than one per week.
- You may make one rare OR very rare adopt per month.
- Very Rare adopts must be approved by Keen before they are revealed.
- Each Artist MUST track all adopts AND customs they make somewhere where Keen may see it if needed.
- Each Artist may have one custom per month, the rarity depending on the number of adopts you have created.
1 Adopt Made = Very Common
2 Adopts Made = Common
3 Adopts Made = Uncommon
4 Adopts Made = Rare

Very Rare Customs are earned after being on staff for three months, as long as you were active that month. Up to four may be earned every year. If you do not make at least one adopt in a month, you will not be able to include that month in your count.

- Creating breedings does NOT count toward your staff custom, unless you are solely a breeding artist. In this case, the same rules apply, except where it says "adopt", you may read "breeding".
- Customs never count toward the staff custom. However, you may charge to offer your services to create customs for people. You may charge whatever you think your work is worth.

Rules for Guest Artists
- Each Guest Artist may make three adopts at their leisure, only one of which may be rare. The other two must be uncommon or below. No Very Rare or higher adopts may be made without express approval by Keen.
- If, after the third adopt is made, you would like to become a full artist, please send a message to Keen to discuss this.

Rules for All Artists
- The type of competition for each adopt is up to the artist, but generally speaking, higher rarities need more difficult competitions.
- If you need or want help judging a competition, do not hesitate to contact Keen.
- If an adopt is not judged within one week of its close date, then Keen reserves the right to make the judgment and choose a winner.
- If you need to be inactive for a period of time, inform Keen of this on Discord or through CS PM.
Last edited by Keen on Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ

Coming Soon!
Last edited by Keen on Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Posted Artist Forms

Postby Keen » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:04 am

Posted Artist Forms

None Yet!
Last edited by Keen on Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Chetapal Destrals - Artist Search - CLOSED - DO NOT POST

Postby Keen » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:04 am

Res
Keen