Time spent 1 hour, 39 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by persona

Rise | #2590

Postby persona » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:43 am

Welcome to Rise!
Rise is an adoptable based on Warrior Cats and focused around world building and character development.
Please make sure that you read the main thread so that you understand limits and levels!

To claim you must be at least level 1 or not have a founder in progress or a founder at all. Please be sure you have room in your clan before applying for this cat.

This cat may not be traded until: February 9, 2020
There is a 2 month cooldown after each ownership change.
For a transfer to be official, both parties must post on this cat's page. The original owner must post in the archive.

Now that it's December, there's a month left of 2019. What do they think was the most important thing that happened to them this year?

End Date: December 8 at 7 PM EST

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Prompt:[/b]

Username: orbiting
    Cat Name: shiversea
    Clan: bloomclan

Description: A gray cat with stripes legs, face, and tail, and green eyes

Other Features: None
    Siblings: None Living

------------------------------------------ SSS: Foundation
----------------- SS: Foundation
------------------------------------------ SSD: Foundation
Father: Foundation
------------------------------------------ SDS: Foundation
----------------- SD: Foundation
------------------------------------------ SDD: Foundation

------------------------------------------ DSS: Foundation
----------------- DS: Foundation
------------------------------------------ DSD: Foundation
Dam: Foundation
------------------------------------------ DDS: Foundation
----------------- DD: Foundation
------------------------------------------ DDD: Foundation
Last edited by persona on Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
persona

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise | #2590

Postby .sins. » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:45 am

dropping gl all
Last edited by .sins. on Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
.sins.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goner. » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:45 am

Res with reuniting with her sister
( 𝒾'𝒹 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓎𝑜𝓊 )─────
[ ♫ black lives ♪ ]
──────────
[ ♪ MATTER ♫ ]
──────────────────────( 𝑒𝓃𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝑜 𝓌𝓇𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒶 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓈𝑜𝓃𝑔 )
[ she/they | bi | scorpio | i love to draw and i play video games like wayyyy too much ]
Goner.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby orbiting » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:11 am

Prompt:
How funny is it that what can give unto you life can also contain within it such an unstoppable power of taking life away?
What kind of justice is it to allow something so vital to you destroy you?
Shiverkit wouldn’t allow himself to find out.
As a child, he was recognized for a certain gift he possessed. He could almost always tell when it was going to rain. He’d retreat into the nursery den with a pout before his fellow kits felt the thick drops on their heads; and they’d always ask him how he knew. He couldn’t tell them.
It made him quite the center of attention. “Hey, Shiverkit. What’s the weather like for tomorrow?” They’d poke fun. It got to a point where whenever he’d go to lay down, he’d get followed by his siblings, all assuming he was going to take shelter from an impending storm.
And let it be known Shiverkit hated the attention he’d get. He hated every kind of it, the stares, whispers, the friendly questions.
So soon enough, when he’d get the feeling in his stomach of a drizzle, or a shower, he’d simply ignore it, and let the rain come. One day, when the rain was particularly vicious, he got asked why he hadn’t said anything. He said he just couldn’t feel anything anymore. As he’d grown up, his little talent had left him, he’d say, and many would simply believe him and move on. The attention he got would fade away, and he’d be just another face, nothing special; like he’d always wanted to be.
As an apprentice he felt something in his stomach like fire. It burned at his insides and made him a wreck. The night was chilling, the clouds black against the dark sky, and they swirled as if filled with menace. He awoke to the pain, the pounding in his chest, and he knew what he meant; atleast what he thought it meant. A storm was coming.
The pain didn’t cease. It was more than he could manage; pushing at him, telling him to move, because something was coming, and this pain would be nothing compared too -
He stopped for a moment as the pain ceased. At his feet, in the apprentice den, a film of water was being collected. He looked up to the den’s entrance, and saw the stream of water pouring in from it.
All at once, a lightning bolt struck, and it began to pour.
His fellow apprentices were roused from sleep by either the bolting of the sky, or the water lapping at their bellies, Shiverpaw did not know. But he realized something; it had merely just started to rain, and yet, the water in the apprentice den was nearly up to their paws already.
A flood.
The water took only seconds to lunge into the camp, bringing with it enough force to knock down everything in its path. It crashed into the dens and pulled sleeping cats out of them, the water rising as the sky screeched war.
Several cats survived. Most couldn’t; kits who couldn’t swim, elders without the weight to keep them afloat; the only thing that most cats assumed, was the freak of nature event that took so many of their beloved clanmember’s lives, couldn’t have been prevented.
They got to live with knowing it was just a freak accident and there was no way the lives could’ve been saved. Shiverpaw didn’t get that privilege.
The name Shiversea was given to him in some form of a joke, he thought when he’d received it, a clever jest. In fact, it was hell for him.
Ever since that day, he would hate water. He would hate puddles, and rivers, streams. He would despise the rain even more than ever before. When his pelt was wet he could not focus, he would become a wet mess of a cat, who would panic and freak out if the sky became gray and the clouds threatened rain.
Shiversea also hates the river not only because the water it held within it had killed so many, but because in it, he can see his reflection, one of a cat who couldn’t do anything right, with a gift that he couldn’t even use properly. One of a coward, forever reminiscent of his personal failure.
Bristlefern loved the water. Having been born after the flood, he saw no harm in it, could not know the pain it brought onto his clan before his arrival.
And to Shiversea’s demise, he loved Bristlefern.
Bristlefern was an adventurous cat, loud and always tingling in some way for adventure. This made him careless.
But how could he have known that the cliff that day would become slippery?
As he sat with Shiversea atop it, the pair peered down into the swirling river below them, the rapids quick and relentless in their power.
Shiversea felt the feeling in his chest and turned to Bristlefern warily.
“We’ll head back now,” he mewed, and stood up.
“Why?” Bristlefern mewed. The tom’s eyes were clouded in disappointment.
Shiversea thrashed his tail. “It’s going to rain soon.”
Bristlefern did something Shiversea liked. He asked not how the gray tom-cat knew that, but something else.
“So?”
Shiversea raised an eyebrow. “We’ll get wet.”
Bristlefern smiled. “I look forward too it.”
Shiversea narrowed his eyes. “I don’t like being wet. It makes me feel weird.”
“Then let it, and come sit with me.”
The rain started then. It clouded the sky nearly instantaneously, and it gave Shiversea cold shivers down his back as it began.
But yet, he stayed.
“Bristlefern. Come back with me. Please?”
“Woah, would you look at the river?”
“Bristlefern -”
The raindroplets had began to grow in size, and they plopped on the cliff’s surface purposefully. It slickened up the cliff’s smooth rock and turned it into the texture of ice.
Bristlefern leaned forward to get a closer look into the river below, and his paw slid backwards against the level stone of the cliff, and he propelled forward almost at once.
But Shiversea had caught him.
The feeling in his chest had not been what he’d felt before. When it rained, he got the funky feeling and could recognize it right away. What he’d felt when he realized Bristlefern would crash to his death and another cat would suffer a fate of death by water couldn’t compare. That feeling had been different.
Bristlefern let out a yelp as he was pulled back onto the cliff’s surface, and into Shiversea’s pelt.
The pair panted, flabbergasted.
“You saved me,” Bristlefern mewed.
Shiversea felt his flank rise and fall. A smile crossed his face.
He’d saved someone. As the rain drenched his pelt and completely soaked him, all he could do was smile. He didn't even mind it.
The lives that had been lost to the flood could never have been made up for. It was Shiversea’s lack of intuition that had killed them.
But that lacking of his was at last long gone. He stared at Bristlefern, who laughed as the rain dripped off of Shiversea’s face.
“Thought you hated being wet,” Bristlefern laughed.
He’d saved a cat all by himself. The feeling in his chest had come back once more to save a life; to pardon him.
“I don’t hate it anymore.”
When he jumped into the river for the first time that day, letting the water surround him and engulf him in it’s depth, he felt nothing but euphoria.
And to him, swimming in its splendor, letting the deep take in his fur and embrace himself, was the most important thing he’d ever do.

Last edited by orbiting on Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

not on here much anymore but to reminisce,
if we've ever interacted in the slightest, thank you for kind memories,
i loved this place.
orbiting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jay. » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:25 am

Username: jay.
    Cat Name: Storkbite
    Clan: Kin of the Barren Tundra

Prompt: Being promoted to a Scout to honour his passed sister. She had been a Scout before him and had been honoured by the clan, trusted and respected on all bases. The sudden temperature drop caught her off guard and she unfortunately ended up passing due to her reaction to the drop - thinner-furred cats tend to struggle more during the harsher weather. West had been completely devastated, she had trusted Storkbite's sister, viewing her as family, and shared Storkbite's grieving. To honour and remember her, West put forward the idea to promote Storkbite to a Scout from his Warrior position. At first he had been hesitant, but after giving it some thought it agreed it would too be the best way to remember his sister and took the role, filling in her space.

He knows he will never meet the standard she met, but still does his best to live on in her memory.
Last edited by jay. on Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
✧ jay / juno ✧ they / them ✧ adult ✧
toyhou.secarrd.co
jay.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bunny!! » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:26 am

Username: ☽ Bunny ☾
Cat Name: Shadepebble
Clan: sunflower

Prompt: she was rescued from a loners clan. they had taken her when she was younger and yes they did raise her but that doesn't mean they where polite. the deputy of sunflower rushed in and saved her after seeing how she was treated. she is so grateful
Bunny!!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griffin Torrens » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:36 am

-
Last edited by Griffin Torrens on Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Griffin Torrens

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birchii » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:06 am

Username: Birchii
Cat Name: Heronshade
Clan: GealachClan

Prompt:
    ‘I’ve found my home.’

His life had always been a little unsteady. No father and losing his siblings before they were all a moon old didn’t have a direct impact on him, or so he’d thought. He realised how lonely he was, how he longed for a brother to battle or a sister to sneak with. He wanted a father who would come and bring him treats and toys from outside the camp, tokens from his patrols or mentoring that he could treasure.

He loved his mother. He still did, though he missed her dearly. She had always been his supporter and best friend, the kind that would never falter and always see the best where others didn’t. Shadowleaf was his best friend too, but there was nothing as reassuring to Herondip as his bond with his mother. It was why her death, in the middle of his apprenticeship, had shaken him from any sense of security he felt. He had Shadowleaf, still Shadowpaw then, but nothing felt the same as when your supporting pillar crumbled, where there was no pool of water beneath that high rock you were climbing, only the dusty ground below.

Shadowleaf helped him to hide his unease. She relaxed his anxious mind, gave a bit of light in a clan that seemed especially dark after his mother’s death. But her ability to simply fit in with the others baffled him, and there was always a seed of doubt in the back of his mind… ‘She will leave you for them. You will have no one, she will have many others.’

It seemed to stop, for a brief while. They became mates and expecting kits soon after. He was excited, for what he was certain was the first time ever. He could provide what he did not have.

But it all came tumbling down, once again.

It was as if history was repeating itself; all but one kit dying, a parent also being lost before the one surviving child could know them… Herondip began to lose himself. He did his duties, but he was never alert. Never truly alive. Alone and seeing the ghosts of his lost ones everywhere he went, Herondip could only find hope in his child.

Then one night, he left. Carrying his young kit, he followed what he felt was his mother and mate guiding him away, to a place he could finally live and thrive. Somewhere he would be simply more than just… existing.

He found GealachClan, and Herondip was immediately surrounded with more support in one night than he’d ever felt in his old life. Despite the bleak weather, he could feel the warmth coming from each cat he met. His child became Wispkit and was graciously taken under the wing of a queen who had two kits the same age. Herondip’s heart sung with joy, seeing her experience what he had not; siblings, friends. Bonds with anyone and everyone who she interacted with, no matter how long. As for Herondip himself, he no longer saw the ghosts of his loved ones lingering. He would never forget them, but it was time to move on from the old chapter of his life, and begin anew.

He changed his name to Heronshade, honouring his mate through his new suffix. His mother was already always with him; he shared the same shade of green eyes, so any time he looked at his reflection, she was there.

Heronshade made friends. He connected with others. He did his duties and enjoyed the clan social life at the same time, something he thought he could never achieve.

He found his home. And nothing was more important, more life-changing, than feeling that peace at last.
Birchii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby opti-mism » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:53 pm

Username: opti-mism
    Cat Name: Quicktail
    Clan: Saltclan

Prompt:

The sky was clear as it could be, and the world was cold. Not a single living thing stirred for hours, and Quicktail laid silently on the freezing stones, waiting for the sun to rise.

Even though he didn't hear her, he knew she was there. Suddenly she was beside him. It was the wee hours of the morning, and the she-cat sat silently beside him, her pelt brushing ever so softly against his. "Good morning, Quicktail." her voice was stiff, as was her spine. She was trying far too hard to be casual, it didn't seem like she could relax.

"Flutterheart. You're up early, aren't you?" he commented softly, his tail flicking as he adjusted himself, to wrap his tail around his paws. The pair had trained together for moons, growing quite close as he watched her bloom into a ferocious warrior, one of the best trained fighters they had. Not to mention, her passion for the

"To be honest, I couldn't sleep." Flutterheart admitted, her voice so quiet he strained to hear her. Her shoulders hunched, and she refused to meet his eyes.

Dread suddenly flooded his chest, and his limbs went colder than the weather already made them. "What's wrong, Flutter?" A moment's hesitation was all it took, and his side was pressed up against hers, trying to keep her warm in this frigid cold. He could feel her shaking, but it was deeper than a shiver.

She sat silent for a moment, before blinking tear-filled eyes at him. "They're taking me off warrior duty. There's something wrong. Something wrong with me." she sniffled. "Without a medicine cat, they can't figure out how to help." Ever since she was a kit, they had known about her strange heartbeat, when her mother had heard it in her sleep, and it had lead to her iconic warrior name. But, she was not as lucky as she thought.

"I started passing out on patrols. I've been so.... so weak and no one can figure out what's wrong. They're even moving me to the medicine cat den. At least there I can be useful." Flutterheart buried her face in Quicktail's shoulder. "Starclan won't answer me. They're not there."

Quicktail didn't know what to say. He wasn't used to seeing the cat that he...

The cat that he loved. So weak, broken, and falling apart.

"Oh, Flutters..." he whispered, pulling her close. Quicktail gently groomed her ears with rasping strokes. "You're stronger than any cat I know, she-cat or otherwise. You'll do great in the medicine cat den." More than anything, he wanted her to know that he would be there for her every step of the way. "What if I move into the medicine cat den with you? It must get awfully cold in there alone." he paused. "I wouldn't do that for just anyone, Flutterheart. You're the only thing that makes my heart flutter."

Suddenly, Flutterheart was shaking. Quicktail lowered his head, concerned, craning to see her face, but she erupted into laughter. "With that cheesy line? "You make my heart flutter?"" she snickered, a genuine smile breaking across her face. "You're lucky you're cute, you know that?"

"So, you'll let me stay?" Quicktail hummed, looking at the cinnamon point hopefully.

"Of course, mousebrain. But, only if you'll stay forever."

The two remained there, pressed side by side as the sun rose on a new day. It was different, because neither of them felt so alone anymore. At least they could go through the future together.

"I'll never leave your side, Flutterheart."
Image▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
opti-mism

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby persona » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:50 pm

orbiting wrote:

Prompt:
How funny is it that what can give unto you life can also contain within it such an unstoppable power of taking life away?
What kind of justice is it to allow something so vital to you destroy you?
Shiverkit wouldn’t allow himself to find out.
As a child, he was recognized for a certain gift he possessed. He could almost always tell when it was going to rain. He’d retreat into the nursery den with a pout before his fellow kits felt the thick drops on their heads; and they’d always ask him how he knew. He couldn’t tell them.
It made him quite the center of attention. “Hey, Shiverkit. What’s the weather like for tomorrow?” They’d poke fun. It got to a point where whenever he’d go to lay down, he’d get followed by his siblings, all assuming he was going to take shelter from an impending storm.
And let it be known Shiverkit hated the attention he’d get. He hated every kind of it, the stares, whispers, the friendly questions.
So soon enough, when he’d get the feeling in his stomach of a drizzle, or a shower, he’d simply ignore it, and let the rain come. One day, when the rain was particularly vicious, he got asked why he hadn’t said anything. He said he just couldn’t feel anything anymore. As he’d grown up, his little talent had left him, he’d say, and many would simply believe him and move on. The attention he got would fade away, and he’d be just another face, nothing special; like he’d always wanted to be.

snip

congrats!

everyones entries were great!! i loved reading each one
persona

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me