Mittumoth: Asher by Gød

Based on Click to view
Artist Gød [gallery]
Time spent 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Mittumoth: Asher

Postby Gød » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:35 am

Got this Mittumoth from an adopt by Nixon!
(Mittumoth Adopt #52)

Traits

.: WIP :.
a | b | c

Name: Xǐ 'Asher' Yuè (喜悦)
-----

Asher is speaking to Larissa after he finds his long lost necklace...

Asher wrote:The name's Asher. It means 'happy' or 'fortunate' in Jewish. That was the nickname given to me by the people around me since... Uhh.. well.., I guess my actual name is pretty hard to pronounce, don't you agree? *chuckles*

Either way, my actual name, Xǐ Yuè means 'joy' in Chinese; it was given to me by my grandparents.

Why not by my mother and father, you ask? I'd rather not discuss this matter to others but since fate made our paths cross through this necklace of mine, I guess it's just appropriate to share it with you. *smiles faintly*

To put it simply, I've never met my father... I was told that he went overseas to work since our family was in a pinch back then; but he never came back. Who knows what could've happened? Maybe he found himself a new family? Did he.. pass away? Ever since I was born, I have not a single clue. I do know his name though; it was Xǐ, the first half of my actual name.

About my mother however, she died right after giving birth to me... *tears threatening to roll down from eyes*

Her name was Yuè, making up the last half of my real name. She died while holding me in her arms, embracing me... smiling. *tears start streaming down both his and Larissa's cheeks as she tries to comfort him*

Ahaha.. well, sorry about that. Got too carried away by the moment.. *snorts*

That being said, it's one of the main reasons why my name means 'joy'. On the other hand, apparently, my Dad's and Mom's names were a perfect match when combined, making up mine! *Larissa giggles*

Now about this necklace... *holds up necklace*

It was my Mom's. It was handed down to me by my Grandma right when my mother died. As you can see, this symbol means 'joy' as well in Chinese. *Asher brings necklace closer to Larissa*

Now here's the fun part, I was told that it had extreme 'magical powers' of granting wishes and making people joyful. All along, I was very convinced that it was legit since I've been thinking that it was the main reason that guided me to a truly successful life with many friends around me. *Larissa's eyes sparkle with curiosity*

And well... as you know, I lost it and had no idea where. Almost immediately, I fell into The Great Depression™ and what not. I felt like my world had been turned upside-down, like something very vital has been separated from me. In a sense, it is true, but I thought that I had lost 'my power' and I thought that I would lose everything... friends, wealth, everything...

My family and friends have noticed and tried their utmost best to comfort me and lift my spirits back up again. After about a week, my Grandma told me that the 'magical powers' were a complete made-up story by her; the necklace held no powers at all... I didn't know how to feel; I had mixed emotions about it.

A few moments of silence had passed until she spoke up once again and said,

"Your road to success, family, friends, and everything you had and will have was to the core, your own doing."

Oops! Did I talk too much? *Both Asher and Larissa laugh*

Where'd you find my necklace anyways?

Here's the main page to learn more about the species: Main Page!
Gød

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me