Based on Click to view
Artist fūi [gallery]
Time spent 8 hours, 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
96 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

staff kalon - latte art

Postby fūi » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:29 pm

i had a lot of fun coming up with a soft, cute kalon!

they seem to have everything going right for them. a nice latte, a warm coat, a pretty face.... but wait, they seem to be missing something? oh right - you!

pick a kalon/our mascot pip to go say a few words to this lovely kalon! you could be asking them on a date or, simply wanting to speak with them and wonder why they're here alone.

this is a writing contest but you may have one art piece to go with it!
      you have 600 words to use as a max!

gifs/pretty up your form is okay! no music lyrics or links.
      the art can be a short animation , no comments. animations like (blink/tail wag/coffee heat/wave) for example are okay!
      feel free to pm me with any questions.
      this takes place, in as you might have guessed, in a kafe!

Code: Select all
      [b]you see them over there, you make your way over and say ....[/b]
      username:
      name:
      kalon used:
      1 art piece(optional):
      600 words limit:

ends dec. 11th at 11:59 pm est.

edits:
      [s] shine
      [c] hair, tail, fur
      [uc] ears
fūi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: staff kalon - latte art

Postby khvoxtic » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:30 pm

you see them over there, you make your way over and say...
username: planiteri • name: kala • kalon used: eren371 words

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Eren had been watching them for a while, not in a weird way, no. Just out of curiosity. They had come a couple of times to the cafe already, settled with a drink for a few minutes and gone off. But there was something about them that had Eren, mesmerized. Inspired. Itching to create. A swoop here, a swish there. The question had been on the tip of his tongue for weeks now but he had never managed to ask her.

A bundle of nerves tied a knot in his throat every time he had made his way over to ask. But this time, for sure. He was determined at the very least.

"Today! Today, today, today." He muttered under his breath, his co-worker Mihai snickered gently.
    "You've been saying that for the past three days."
    "But I have a really, really good feeling about today."

Looking over the counter again, Eren hummed, bouncing on their heels as they watched her. Soft starlight freckles across their nose, kind and pale eyes, hair cascaded like a waterfall over their shoulders. Slamming their hands on the counter they paused as everyone in the cafe slowly turned to face him.

Soft pale eyes locked with his own.

"Hi! My name is Eren, I think you're really like your freckles, can I paint you?" Eren exclaimed, much too loud for the peaceful atmosphere the cafe usually had. Blush flooded the girl's face as she hid behind her hair, letting it fall in front of her face, seemingly trying to hide before looking up and slowly nodding.

Eren beamed, jumping up and turning to point at Mihai.

"Told you I'd ask today!" He grinned, turning back to look at the girl with a smile as she slowly walked up to the counter. Setting her cup down on the bench, she opened and closed her mouth a couple of times, it was obvious she wanted to say something.

"My name is Kala. Um... Do you really want to paint me?" She spoke softly, finger slowly tracing around the rip of the cup as she looked up at him. Eren grinned, reaching up to twirl hair around a finger, bringing it in front of his face.

"I do!"
Last edited by khvoxtic on Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
[Emersyn ⯁]
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
they/them | adult
kals xdm me

███████████████████
Feel free to DM me here or on discord if you
need to get in contact with me for anything!

[@khvoxtic on Dis] always open for a chat!
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chanhee. » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:30 pm

you see them over there, you make your way over and say ....
    username:
    name:
    kalon used:
    1 art piece(optional):
    600 words limit:
Last edited by chanhee. on Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chanhee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sentimental » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:30 pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
username: sentimental_android
name: Excalibur [Cali]
kalon used: Vega !

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"You come here often?"

"You start all conversations like that?"

The figure before Vega laughed (It sounded like song bells- as embarrassing as the thought was),
    and the veils surrounding them shifted as two slender arms reached through the sheer curtain
    to stroke Vega's face.

"I can't say I get much training in social cues out here," the voice replied, ever so slightly amused.

Glancing around at the glowing walls of the crumbling ruins surrounding the pair, Vega sighed.
    The area resembled a dilapidated tea shop, with broken china coating the floor and tables upturned.
    There even seemed to be a few cups and plates lying around with what might’ve once been food.

"Fair point," she sighed, before grasping the frigid hand of the specter that held her cheek.

"So... I really hate to cut this short, but I sorta came here for a sword?"

"Oh! Right! I always forget why anyone comes here. Or I pretend to, at least.” She paused,
    “Actually, Brave Adventurer, could you do me a favor?"

Vega poker faced. She's pretty sure the whole year-long expedition to even get to this ancient
    cafe counted as several favors, but offending some magical ghost-lady didn't really tick off
    any check-boxes on her bucket list.

"Yeah, I guess. What do you need?"

"Wonderful! Could you please tell me your name? I need to bind myself to you before I-"

"Wait,” Vega interrupts, “wait, wait, wait- what?"

"I need your name?"

"No- the part after that."

"Binding myself to yo-"

"Yes, that! I mean no offense, miss, but why must you uh- do that?"

The specter behind the veils flickered before pushing aside the curtains to deadpan at Vega.

Huh, she’s actually really cute. In a brash, excitable kinda way.

"You said you were here for the sword, yes?"

"I- yes?"

"Then be a good girl and tell me your name!"

Vega hesitates before giving in. "It's Vega Pendragon."

"Oh I love the sound of that! One second as I get this all set-up..."

Mutterings that sounded like some archaic tongue whispered up from the spirit, before a bright
    light flashed through the dusty room. A glimmer shone from Vega's wrist, and as she hastily looked
    down, she bore witness to a strange formation of runes fading into her skin. Glancing back up,
    the veils surrounding the figure before her began to dissipate.

"Well, now that I've told you my name, I feel it's only fair I learn yours?" Vega inquired, as
    she observed the oh-so cheery face of the girl in front of her.

"Why, I never thought you'd ask! I prefer to go by Cali, but most people know me as Excalibur!"

"What?"

"What do you mean 'what'? I thought you were a courageous hero on a quest for me!"

"Pardon me, but I’m on the lookout for a sword- yanno, a metal knife-like weapon?"

"Yes, and?"

"The sword- Excalibur. Not, an, uh, for lack of a better word- lass?"

“The lass is the sword, silly!” Cali giggled, “Did no one tell you?"

Vega stared blankly at Cali. This was news to her. She began to realize this meant dealing with an
    eccentric spirit much more than she’d anticipated, and it took everything in Vega's power to not
    throw herself out the small window of the crumbling building.

[551/600]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Last edited by sentimental on Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
sentimental

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waterglow » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:31 pm

AAA RES
username: waterglow
name:
kalon used:
1 art piece(optional):
600 words limit:
Last edited by waterglow on Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she/her - adult - Taurus - artist

Hello! I'm waterglow, but you can call me Via.
I'm always open to chat and help with whatever you
need! I am not very good at communicating and I am on
the autism spectrum so please be patient with me as I am
trying my best! If I ever come off as rude please know
that I'm not trying to, It's most likely a tone issue on my end. :)
Sig and Prof pic made by
valkyrie,,

- Storage - Kalons - Boo Dragons
waterglow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby epilogue » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:31 pm

username:
name:
kalon used:
1 art piece(optional):
600 words limit:

imcryignht theyre so CUTE
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cyrano » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:35 pm

username: s-simplicity
name: Percy -
kalon used: chevral
1 art piece:
600 words limit:
Dear Diary,
It was another cold day in Nymphilio...and a strange kal approached me and said the strangest thing!

he chuckled saying.
"You like jazz?"
Last edited by Cyrano on Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 8 times in total.
used to be: smith(ers) & s-simplicity| toyhou.se | my kalons
Cyrano

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✦ nemuri » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:36 pm

x
          x
          x

xxiyou see them over there, you make your way over and say ....ixxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[ 600 words ]

xxi[ username: ✦ nemuri ]ix[ name: cheryl serrurier ]xi[ kalon used: ianthe delacroix - her pov ]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx! ! click art for full view ! !

indentthere was a new coffee shop that had opened up down by the street, and you've heard
          many good things about it. as you closed up the flower shop after a long day of work, you grabbed
          your coat and wallet to take a walk in the chilly autumn air.

indentwhen you stepped into the quaint little shop, you weren't disappointed by what you saw.
          the atmosphere was very calm and peaceful, with soft piano and violin melodies playing in the back
          for ambience. you don't drink coffee much, so when the time came for you to order, you floundered
          a little and ordered a wet cappuccino. you weren't fond of bitter tastes, and the additional milk in
          "wet cappuccinos" apparently had a higher sugar content.

indentoriginally, you had been wanting to leave after receiving your drink, but a woman with brown,
          flowing hair and kind, gentle eyes caught your interest. she was nursing a cup of coffee as she
          scrolled mindlessly through her social media, humming to herself softly.

indentshe was also wearing the same uniform that you had seen on the employee who had taken
          your order prior.

indentperhaps she was a barista as well...?

indent"cappuccino order for ianthe!" someone called, and you turned to the source of the voice.
          you retrieved your drink with a smile, and with an unsure expression slowly making its way onto
          your visage, you walked towards the pretty barista with her cell phone in her hand.

indent"hey, can i sit here?" you asked, and she looked up with brief surprise flashing across her face.
          a smile soon bloomed across her features, though, as she nodded her head in agreement.

indent"of course, feel free! my break is almost over, so i have to head back in there soon anyways."
          she set her phone to the side to clean her area, and you couldn't help but fidget as you took a sip
          of your drink. you made a face - it was still far too bitter for your liking - and the woman glanced at
          you.

indent"uhm," you blurted out impulsively and flushed at what you were about to say, "sorry, could i
          get your name and number?"

indent"how forward!" she laughed, eliciting a darker blush from your cheeks, "anything for a cute
          girl, i suppose. i'm cheryl - if you're planning to stop by again, you might catch me on the shift if
          you arrive earlier."
          she shot a wink at you and scribbled out her number on a napkin before handing
          it to you. "i don't give my number out to just anyone, but i'll make an exception!"

indentyou thanked her, introduced yourself as well, and made a mental note of what she said. the
          time quickly passed between the two of you, and cheryl soon left to resume her shift. after you
          finished your coffee, you got up and left the shop, making plans to return in the future.

indentyou soon made it a daily routine to visit this pretty woman every day. she talked about many
          things - she was a barista by day, artist by night; she loved latte art; she wasn’t interested in love.

indentyour traitorous, traitorous heart only beat faster and faster at her proclamation.

indentit didn’t become a problem until you started to cough up flowers.

indentonce, a petal dropped in front of her, and she stopped in the middle of her words. cheryl
          gave you a mournful smile, clapped your shoulder and said something before attending her shift
          again.

indent"i like you as a friend, but i’m unable to return your feelings. i'm sorry, ianthe."

x
          x
          x
Last edited by ✦ nemuri on Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 7 times in total.
✦ nemuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justamindset » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:36 pm

username: DragonOfEmber
name:
kalon used:
1 art piece(optional):
600 words limit:
Res with a celebrity at the coffee table, ask why they're there
Last edited by justamindset on Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

[♡] ember / / [♡] justamindset
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

[][][][][][][][][][]

information and links

kals // toyhouse // comms: open

𓆩*𓆪 and i know where to look 𓆩*𓆪

in permanent need of coffee

justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:38 pm

username: SilentMelody | name: Kas | gender: female | kalon used: Penny

Kas had settled down with a latte after scrubbing the counter down. The morning so far had been busy, and the rush was finally gone. No one remained in the cafe other than her.

At least... for now.

The bell above the door rang before she could take a sip, and she sighed heavily. Kas hesitantly rose to her feet and offered a weak smile to the exuberant woman that just walked in. "Hello, how may I help you?"

The girl glanced around for a few moments as if she was searching for something and hummed to herself, tapping her finger on her bottom lip. It took her a minute to remember that Kas was talking to her, and the purple eyes finally met her gaze. "Can I put some flyers up in here? My band is looking for a bassist," she asked.

Kas didn't own this cafe. In fact, she was only recently hired by the owner and was working herself to the core just to impress him. But honestly... she was waiting for her music career to take off. Before this job, she was a bassist for a rock band before they kicked her out.

"Oh! Well... I play bass," she replied immediately. "I'm Kas."

"I'm Penny! We'd be delighted to have you," the woman announced with a beam.

Perhaps this would be the first official start of her career.
Last edited by SilentMelody on Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me