Staff Kalon -- Hot Chocolate - winner pg.5! by Schnuffel Bunny

Based on Click to view
Artist Schnuffel Bunny [gallery]
Time spent 16 hours, 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
87 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by rab1es

Staff Kalon -- Hot Chocolate - winner pg.5!

Postby Schnuffel Bunny » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:41 am

edits;
    standard; shine
    common; fur, tail, hair
    uncommon; ears, pupil, tongue

Your hot chocolate is ready to go! I'll love for you to write a story, on how they love the winter time? 1000 words
    the extra can be another 200 words or an art piece, no sketches. the art can be commissioned

Code: Select all
    username;
    name;
    gender;
    story;

ends on the 28th!
Last edited by Schnuffel Bunny on Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Species Artist for:
ImageImage

My most favorite things:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Discord: Schnuffel Bunny#0531
Pokemon Unite User: Schnuffel

If you feel like chatting, don't feel shy to PM me!
      kalons - chicoons - zeus
      ▶ Adult - She/Her - August 1 🎉

Schnuffel Bunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Staff Kalon -- Hot Chocolate

Postby Nex » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:41 am

❈❆❈❆
Username?

~IronPanda~

Name?

Mistletoe

Gender?

Male

Story?

Mistletoe took a step outside and spread his arms out as wide as they could go. “I’m going to do it,” he said with a grin. Tinsel gave him a unamused glare with a frown. “You’re going to wake the whole neighborhood,” she hissed. All he did was toss her a excited grin. “I don’t care,” he snapped back before Mistletoe gave a dramatically loud inhale. He immediately began coughing and heaving, pulling his arms back to his side. Tinsel’s expression was a mix between worry and confusion. “I thought you said that you were going to— ahem,” she deepened her voice mockingly, “Tell the world that winter had arrived.” Mistletoe let out a few more soft coughs as he put up his pointer finger, motioning her to wait. “Believe it or not I may of just inhaled a snowflake,” he finally said. Tinsel rolled her eyes. “Ok well, I think that was what we call, overreacting.” Mistletoe’s eyes narrowed before he began eyeing the snow. “Change of plans,” he muttered to himself with a toothy grin stretched across his face. All at once, Tinsel darted back into the house as Mistletoe threw himself into the snow. He began to jam the cold snow together, switching hands half way through as the snow’s icy touch stung his hand. He ran into the house like a mad man, rummaging through each room. Tinsel perked her head around the corner of the closet she was hiding in, angry to see the trail of watery snow that followed Mistletoe in with him. “Oh he’s in so much trouble—“ she began to growl to herself when a snowball glazed her cheek. “Ha! You missed!” Tinsel screamed as she shot around to see Mistletoe standing in the hallway. “Then we duel with our bare hands—“ Mistletoe was cut off as the telephone began to ring. Tinsel picked it up off its hook and waved for Mistletoe to go entertain himself for a little bit. He stared at the ground as he reluctantly obeyed.

He found himself back outside, but this time sitting on the curb. The first snowflakes weren’t as magical anymore, maybe because Tinsel wasn’t there to enjoy it with him. “Winter is still with me. Aren’t you my old friend?” Mistletoe yelled, pounding his fist in the air. “Summer has nothing on you huh?” He felt eyes watching him and turned to see Tinsel approaching him. “What are you up to?” She asked as she slid onto the ground next to him. Mistletoe watched her cross her legs as she made herself comfortable before he responded, “Nothing.” She pursed her lips. “You must be wondering what that phone call was about.” Mistletoe nodded. “Well, if this snow doesn’t start coming then the Winterfest is going to be canceled.” She expected his expression to be different and was meet with a smile when she looked up from the snow she was fidgeting with. “Why are you smiling, I thought you looked forward to this every year,” she asked as she too began to smile. “Maybe if I yell some more—“ Mistletoe began to say before Tinsel jabbed him in the side. “You know very well that this snow is going to melt if things go back to how they were,” she muttered impatiently. “And this is my year to host.” Mistletoe began to drag his finger through the snow. “I say, we wait to see what plays out then we start worrying,” his speech began to slow as he hid the snowball he was making out of her eyesight. “Besides, we have more important matters to attend to.” Mistletoe pushed himself up and began to head back to the house, looking back to make sure Tinsel was still where he left her. With a swing he chucked the snowball at the back of her head, exploding on impact. Tinsel spring onto her feet. “Oh it’s on!”

Several days had pasted, which soon turned into weeks. The snow that had fallen that day had melted away, leaving no trace that it once was there. The day of the Winterfest neared closer and closer causing Mistletoe and Tinsel to become much more anxious about the fate of the event.

“I guess that’s it, it’s canceled,” Tinsel groaned at breakfast. Mistletoe took another bite of the chocolate cake, the very cake that was boughten for Winterfest. “Well, we got some good out of it,” Mistletoe sighed, motioning at the cake with his fork. He took another look at Tinsel, seeing her long look at the cake. “We really shouldn’t be eating cake for breakfast,” he heard her mutter as he slipped outside. He pitied her and her dreams of hosting Winterfest. He thought about all the other people looking forward to it and a idea blossomed in his head. “Tinsel! I know what we should do,” he yelled as he ran back into the kitchen. She looked gloomily toward him. “Why don’t we still put together Winterfest, but we just leave out the winter part.” He heard her heavily exhale. “That’s the whole part of it though,” Tinsel said. “What are we going to do, have a dirtman making contest?” Mistletoe nodded excitedly. “That is a excellent idea! Haven’t thought of that one yet.” Tinsel got out of her chair and crossed her arms. “Then let’s not mess this up,” she answered after Mistletoe gave her his best puppy eyes.

Tinsel and Mistletoe’s “Green Christmas” was a hit, though most agree that the original Winterfest was better. Tinsel had a excellent time hosting it, and she managed to find herself a new cake just in time for the celebration. Mistletoe was in charge of organizing the games and he somehow lost every single game that he played. And to top off the night, every gave each other their Secret Santa gifts as they watched fireworks coming from a Winterfest nearby. “Thanks for nothing winter!” Mistletoe shouted as you can see Tinsel shaking her head just beyond his shoulder.

1,000 / 1,000
I really enjoyed writing this! He is such a pretty boy too. I wish the best of luck to everyone.

❈❆❈❆
Last edited by Nex on Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
hi call me trash,
rodents are my passion

Nex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby epilogue » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:44 am

username;
bed time

name;
fenrisúlfr

gender;
male (he/him)

story;
[1000/1000]

"mama, why do i look differently from all the other boys?"

fenrisúlfr let out an angry and strangled wail, crashing his large hands down onto the wooden table. tears streamed down his face.

"i just want to be normal! i just want to be a normal man!" he howled.

a creaking from behind him ceased his sobbing abruptly, and he whipped his face around. aja, his wife, stood there, her face saddened.

"mi ángelito," she said softly, walking towards him. "what has you upset now?"

she sat on his lap, brushing the hair out of his eyes and tucking it behind his ears. her eyes were full of concern and sadness. aja rested her hand on fenrisúlfr's cheek. he leaned in to her touch, his face wet from tears.

"i-i just don't want to be... be me," fenrisúlfr sighed. "we're outcasts, darling. do you know anyone else who is a werewolf? we're hunted for simply being ourselves! we didn't even choose to be this way, we-"

"mi ángelito, why are you beating yourself down?" aja asked, wiping the tears from his face. "you, my amazing husband, are unique and beautiful. we didn't choose this, yes, but we are special. we are unique. we are strong working people, and our... our... issue doesn't define us. you have a job, you have a wife, and... one day we'll have kids. there is no such thing as normal, fenrisúlfr."

wip!!!!!
Last edited by epilogue on Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bee » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:48 am

mark ,, good boy
bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mnemosyne » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:51 am

mark~

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

league of legends trash Image

Syne | she/her | trade with me | kalons | mandy ♥ | snow ♥

icon by Aeryn

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Mnemosyne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LokisTrick » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:57 am

username: LokisTrick
name: Leon Camarillo
story:
Last edited by LokisTrick on Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dreaming Deep~

Looking for celestial garden item set!
LokisTrick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faunsie » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:19 am

username;
name;
gender;
story;
Mark!!!
feel free to call me aero or aeth!! || they/them
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Working full time! Sorry for any long wait times. Feel free to
message me with any questions! My discord is 'faunsie'.
faunsie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby remy!!! » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:34 am

xx
x
xImage
username: remy!!!

name: Nuro

Nuro was shivering, his cheeks and nose were pink, and his hair was soaked with snow. However, he still grinned widely, as he and his friends stumbled back into the log cabin they had rented for the holidays. It had been trimmed beautifully with boughs of evergreen and holly, a large tree stood twinkling in the corner of the room, and since Nuro had been adamant about chopping an abundant amount of wood, the fire was still roaring cheerfully in the hearth.

When Nuro's friend had suggested getting away for Christmas, he hadn't expected an idyllic little cabin out in the Canadian wilderness. Apparently, when the kalons that he had trusted the most had been looking through vacancies, this one had reminded him of a small hunting lodge Nuro frequented when he was young; and although it obviously wasn't the same one, Nuro been touched that his friends had wanted to share those happy memories with him. So he packed for a two week vacation, though only after making his friend promise the trip was hi present... he weren't entirely sure they'd listened, and as it turned out, he were right to worry. Since as soon as you returned from the bedroom after getting changed into something dry and comfy, he spotted the group of kalons standing by the fireplace regarding a red box, that seemed very tiny. They all looked uncharacteristically nervous when Nuro approached, and he decided to ignore the box in order to ask all of them if they were alright. However, it seemed there was no escaping the enigmatic little package, since the kalon standing at the front of the group turned it over in his hand, contemplating it as they avoided Nuro's gaze.

"We know that you love buying gifts during Christmas for all of us- but-" the other kalon stated, slowly, "it was so hard figuring out what to actually get for you."

“You could have asked,” Nuro said, perplexed.

“But that would have spoiled the surprise,” the kalon replied, chuckling slightly. “I did some research with everyone's help, and this seemed the one that came up most often.”

Nuro's friends seemed particularly nervous as they led him back over to the fireplace, before gently placing the small box right net to him. It was big enough that Nuro had to set the package on the floor in order to unwrap it, and his breath caught in his throat as he finally tore the paper off. Protected by glass and a simple white wood frame, was a stunning watercolour rendition of the sketch Nuro had done of him and his group of beloved friends months before. It was amazing. Tears pricked at his eyes as he flung his arms around as many of his companion's as he could, hugging them tight. It was the most beautiful and special gift anyone had ever given him.

“I hope you like it,” someone said, quietly.

“I love it,” Nuro mumbled into the crook of the neck of the kalon he was currently smothering in a hug.

Gift giving was a tradition Nuro had loved during the holidays. He loved to give, and this was always the perfect time for him to spread joy onto others by giving them things that he knew they would love. It made him happy to see the smiles of everyone else, year after year, and to be given a gift of such amazing value himself, he would be eternally grateful.
Last edited by remy!!! on Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
remy / pisces

hi there! i'm remy. i'm trying to
collect all the baby cats i can!
feel free to shoot me a trade
remy!!!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:45 am

username; Knickknacks
name; Clarke
gender; male
story;
wip!
photographer, maybe? loves taking winter photos :0
Last edited by Knickknacks on Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:54 am

username; SilentMelody | name; Godiva | gender; female

Godiva starts off her day with a piping hot mug of hot chocolate.

She wakes up and makes her pick through the many flavors on her shelf -- milk chocolate, dark chocolate, mint, pumpkin, peppermint, and caramel. Of course, her go-to is usually mint hot chocolate. Diva opens up one of the packages and pours the cocoa beans along with the mint leaves into a machine, turning it on to grind.

The sweet-toothed kalon always makes her stuff homemade, just like this. She has all of her stuff prepared in the packages for her to open and grind, sometimes opening her home to sell mugs of hot chocolate. However, Godiva would never dare make her stuff into the powdered, easy mixes. No, that's disgraceful, and it's no longer considered an art. When the cocoa beans and mint leaves are properly ground, she puts the dry mixture into a mug and heats up milk to pour over it. At the right temperature, it's heavenly.

She settles down into one of her reclining chairs and puts her feet up, wiggling her toes within her slippers. Diva sips her hot chocolate and sighs, closing her eyes. If only she could stay like this forever.

Honestly though... she tends to drink through her stock of hot chocolate ingredients and ends up not selling enough during the season, so she has to go to work at a local cafe. Godiva hesitantly downs the rest of her hot chocolate and returns her mug to the kitchen sink, making a mental note to clean it.

Before she leaves, she takes a Thermos and starts the process over again. Open the package, grind the ingredients, and add hot milk. Diva hefts a purse onto one shoulder and grasps the Thermos in her other hand, heading out the door.

It's a known fact that she has hot chocolate over ten times a day.
Last edited by SilentMelody on Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me