Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Chicoons (semi-inactive) by Buzz Aesthetic

Based on Click to view
Artist Buzz Aesthetic [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 37 minutes
Drawing sessions 12
103 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Chicoons (semi-inactive)

Postby Buzz Aesthetic » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:17 pm

Nursery
myo/customs
edit guide
[url=link]shop[/url]
[url=link]Flame colors[/url]
Adopt Archive

Buzz Aesthetic wrote:
Wow! Miles sure is excited to see you!
Welcome! Glad to have you at our humble abode!
Chicoon are a unique type of dragon somewhere settling between
an Amphithere and a furred Western Dragon!

However that doesnt explain a lot of their weird traits such as their
head wings, long slender neck, large nose, or floating infinity-flame

More and more of this species seems to be coming out of hiding,
are you interested in adopting one of your own?

myo challenge wrote:link
Last edited by Buzz Aesthetic on Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:47 am, edited 11 times in total.
Buzz Aesthetic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff

Imagexxxxxxx Image
Buzz Aesthetic wrote:Wow! check these funky fellas out! Thanks for taking an interest in my strange species, feel free to pm me about anything at all! i don't bite as long as you arent a jerk, a fair warning I'm not great at socializing and use emotes as a easier way to communicate emotions ^U^b i use They/Them!

Imagexxxxxxx Image
Miles wrote:Miles cant speak English or any human language! But he can understand you fine! And he's been working on his sign language, but he doesn't have the vocal cords for human speech!

Imagexxxxxxx Image
Staff Username wrote:info blurb
Last edited by Buzz Aesthetic on Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:06 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Buzz Aesthetic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Ownership
  • This species is closed, meaning you cant make your own without permission from the owner.
  • Users should respect others including staff. I'd you have a problem with our staff members please dm the owner.
  • Any user can own as many Chicoons as they want, however a user can only win 1 chicoon every 3 adopts put out.
  • Chicoons can be sold, bought, traded, or gifted.
  • There is not a warning system, if you get in trouble for something you can be banned off the bat, or you can be given a warning. Users should behave like it's their last chance.
  • Winning a Chicoon for the purpose of giving it to someone else (whether because the user is blocked by the artist or banned in the species) is not allowed and will get you banned without an appeal.
  • If a user expresses they are blocked by an artist, do not give any Chicoons from that artist to that user. this is out of respect for
    our artists and to keep them comfortable in their working environment.
  • Guilt-tripping is discouraged, if other users are bothered about your responses you may be warned. some examples and a more in-depth explanation of guilt-tripping can be found here!
  • Users banned from the species can not earn more chicoons through trades, sales, gifts, or other means. They can not use, sell, or trade any myos they've received for free or through events.
  • Not knowing the rules is not an excuse, they are public and easy to access.

Character
  • Chicoons can be any gender or sexuality, limits on this rule during a competition is not allowed.
  • Species cant be bred outside of the species, but are welcome to have relationships outside of the species.
  • You're welcome to have a character from our species as your sona.
  • Users are welcome to create, sell, or trade for companions for the species, it is up to the companion creator to moderate their species, companions can not look like, or be a Chicoon.

Staff
  • Permanent artists must make atleast 1 adopt every 2 weeks
  • Permanent artists can sell custom slots to the general public for any price, the slots do not count towards their 1 weekly adopt.
  • Guest artists must make a minimum of 4 designs in a month to be considered for a permanent position, guest artists who do not meet the minimum are welcome to reapply when the artist spots reopen.
  • Staff should not use rare traits on customs or adopts unless permission is given from the owner of the species. (They will most often be for '50s, '00s, and event closures)
  • Rarity should match with the rarest trait on the Chicoon, a common chicoon wouldnt end up with uncommon edits, but an uncommon may have common edits.

Adopt Creation
  • Young designs can be grown after 2 weeks, growths can be done by anyone but need to be approved by any member of staff (staff cannot approve their own growth)
  • Only species artists can edit/add to a design (with approval from the species owner)
  • Flames must be one of the specific flame colors. Close color or anything other then color pick are not allowed
  • With permission (& afterward approval) from staff, users are welcome to re-transfer chicoons onto the chicoon lines (ie if the edits style isnt liked by the chicoon owner, if access to the original chicoon oekaki post is no longer possible, or if the chicoon was originally done off-oekaki)
  • with permission from the original characters artist, a user can transfer a pre-exisitng character into Chicoons and transform them into a chicoon. however the character should no longer have 'another form' and can not be sold/traded/gifted separately to the original design. designs do need to be approved by staff afterwards and a myo or custom token is required.

Banned/Warned users

958822 [Permanent Ban] [8-9-2020]
        983802 [Permanent Ban] [8-9-2020]
        940055 [Permanent Ban] [8-9-2020]
        814613 [Permanent Ban] [8-9-2020]
        964336 [Permanent Ban] [8-9-2020]
        880548 [Permanent Ban] [8-9-2020]
        922175 [Permanent Ban] [8-9-2020]
        964502 [Permanent Ban] [8-9-2020]
        1004292 [Permanent Ban] [8-9-2020]
        794677 [Permanent Ban] [8-9-2020]
        899286 [Permanent Ban] [8-9-2020]
        79422 [permanent Ban] [1-1-2021]

Last edited by Buzz Aesthetic on Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:41 am, edited 15 times in total.
Buzz Aesthetic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Species guide

Postby Buzz Aesthetic » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:18 pm

Breeding wrote:
    Chicoons, being a type of dragon, are oviparous; meaning they lay eggs and care for the eggs until they are ready to hatch. Once the Chicoon egg hatches it is fully able to survive on its own outside of learning some hunting techniques and taught abilities. Young chicons can either go survive and build their own pack, or join the pack their parents are in. From what we know, there is no physical difference between parent chicoons, one parent decides to host the eggs, and after about two weeks the eggs are laid and the parents start caring for their unhatched children.

Personality wrote:
    Chicoons have a variety of personal traits and defining features so no two chicoons are ever alike; however it seems generally chicoons seem to have an excited, curious personality. Even the most grumpy of chicoons are curious to a large extent!

Territory wrote:
    The species seems best suited for large, jungle trees and climbing surfaces, however Chicoons have been more-often found without high tree-top canopies. They are spotted in biomes such as swamps, temperate forests, and occasional Boreal forests. While they spend most of their time like a squirrel, they may also thrive in holes they've dug or shallow caves they've stumbled upon.

Diet wrote:
    Their main diet consists of fruits, berries, nuts, and vegetables, however eating grains and legumes have never had a bad effect on the species' diet. They cannot nor will try to eat meat, they dont seem to like the metallic flavor, even if it is spiced up with a variety of vegetables. Vegetable patties that were made to taste like meat (ie vegan patties) will not cause dietary issues however the species will naturally be against eating it.

Flame wrote:
    The flame of a chicoon is not alive, nor is it possible to be out out. Putting your hand near the flame can cause uncomfort to the chicoon, the chicoon will shy away from the hand and take the flame with them. Two chicoons merging flames is similar to proposal and betrothal and is normally only done in intimate situations, or public relationship events (like a marriage).
    The flame can not normally light things on fire, however chicoons have a hidden ability to be able to use the fire as they wish, but using this ability is difficult and takes many years of practice. Young chicoons will never 'accedentally' set things on fire.
    Usually the flame floats above the end of the tail, but a chicoon can move the flame how they wish as if by second nature, moving the flame is natural to them, as if moving your hand.

Tail Stripes wrote:
    The unique features of each Chicoons seem to share a relationship with the number of stripes on their tail. Most commonly you will see Chicoons with many stripes, most often 4 or more. While the stripes can come in many different shapes, sizes, and colors, it still proves to be one of the key defining features to rarity!

Lore wrote:
    If you happen to stumble upon a Chicoon telling stories to their children, you might watch as the Chicoon draws in the dirt describing a world from the past where Chicoon had magic powers that was reflected in their tail. The past Chicoon would be visited by a wonderful rainbow goddess of light, who would share a little bit of her power with the Chicoon of the land through the light of a full moon. Over time, Chicoon began to worship the full moon instead of her, when she tried to remind the Chicoon that it was in fact her who gave them the powers, the Chicoon of the era didn't believe her. During the next full moon, The goddess didn't show up, but the moon still shared its power with the Chicoon- but it didn't last. as the Chicoon celebrated and partied the powers they had been using in showmanship and festivity quickly dwindled into nothing. Chicoon were left with no powers, no Goddess, and a reminder of their mistake every month. Blood moons are believed to be the continued anger from the goddess, and Blue moons are the loneliness and sadness from the goddess.

Anatomy wrote:Fur
    It seems their fur is naturally medium-short length, growing longer along the tail. The fur of the species are not hairs, but rather slender down feathers, narrow enough to brush through with, but strong enough to block out water or unwanted pests. The head of the species seems to be the only commonplace feathers form, and mostly on their winged appendages.
Eyes
    Their eyes are wide and sharp, they seem large compared to their rectangular head shape, however when taking into account the nocturnal habits of the species it can be understandable that the species needs large eyes, and good eyesight. Their pupils have a similar dilate to a feline, slitting and widening in darkness and light
Wings
    Their head bare what resembles a pair of wings, set almost directly above a pair of limp-hanging ears. The wings are movable and rotatable, however do not seem to work as appendages for flight. They are a prime key to understanding emotional cues and body language.
hands
    All four limbs have opposable thumbs and are uniquely flexible! The underside of every hand is bare and tacky to the touch, almost sticky, but not quite. All thumbs can flex about as wide as a lemur's.
Neck
    the neck of a Chicoon is strong and flexible, while not entirely prehensile, the neck can still bend and stretch as its owner wants it to. Chicoons do have a danger of suffocating if something is lodge in their throat, and young chicoons have had survivability issues from suffocation if they were to get caught by a predator or lodged in a tough place.
Tail
    the tail of a chicoon is prehensile and strong! It can be used to lift, push, or move some heavy objects, as well as grip tree branches for balance or casual hanging. The flame usually floats around the end of the tail, and is most often controlled by the movement of the tail, but this is not the only way to move the flame.
Size
    Chicoons are a medium-large species, generally ranging from 21 to 38 inches (53-97cm) at the shoulder and about 48 inches (121.92cm) at the top of the head. The average length of the body is 30 inches, with an additional tail length of aprox. 50 inches! (their body is roughly the size of a Labrador (dog) with a really long neck!)
Last edited by Buzz Aesthetic on Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Buzz Aesthetic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Edits wip

Postby Buzz Aesthetic » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:18 pm

Common marked by 4 or more stripes on tail
    Eye style edits
    Eyelashes
    Thicker eyebrow spot/eyebrows
    Claws (any shape/size)
    Single fire color
    Horns (any size, shape, number)
    Extra feathers (anywhere)
    Tufts of down (tufts)
    Ear edits (must stay flop)
    teeth edits
    "Fangs" edits
    tongue edits
    other mouth edits
    Scars
    Accessories
    Clothing

Uncommon marked by 3 or 2 stripes on tail
    Pupil edits
    Sclera color
    iris shape
    Unmatching eyes/fire (automatically added if heterochromia)
    Heterochromia
    Double fire color
    Tail edits
    Sparkles/particles
    Minor fur edits
    Glowing spots or patches
    Small patches of fire on fur (must be flame color)
    minor wing edits (view other wing rules too)

Rare marked by one or less stripes on tail
    Mane
    Animated
    Shaped flame
    Bigger wings
    Full body glow
    Additional wings
    More then 2 fire color
    Nose edits
    slime
    Other than feathered wings
    Fire edits
    Hand edits (any)
    Haircut/hair style (tufts not included)
    Powers, abilities, magic
    Missing legs (excluding scars not passed down)
    Two tails
    No tails
    Albinism/Melanism/piebaldism
    additional ears
    Antennae (maximum of 4 total)
    Two fires

Banned
    Muzzle edits
    No fire
    >2 fires
    Extra eyes
    excess drool
    Extra arms
    More then two tails
    Beaks, hooves, axolotl gills
    aquatic features (fin shaped fluffy tail excluded)

Flame color options There is no rarity to the individual flame colors
    Alabaster
    Onyx
    Slate
    Coral Red
    Mango
    Sunny
    Spring forest
    Harlequin green
    Turquoise
    Bright navy blue
    Iris
    Violet
    Deep violet
    Purple pizzazz
    Neon feucha
    Tuscan brown
    Marconi and cheese
Last edited by Buzz Aesthetic on Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Buzz Aesthetic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Advertising

Postby Buzz Aesthetic » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:25 pm

Code: Select all
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4204068][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/641376045072646163/643349373257908224/chicoonstampgif.gif[/img][/url]

Affiliates! please check them out!
their stuff is so cool and their designs are neat!

Last edited by Buzz Aesthetic on Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Buzz Aesthetic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Chicoons (open for marks)

Postby kiwipen » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:33 pm

Mark! Oooh first :0
Last edited by kiwipen on Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GaySunLord » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:34 pm

Mark!
╔══════════════╗

You are the angel that I couldn't kill

╚══════════════╝

The gif is
from the dr
stageplay
in case you
are
wondering

I like
Roleplaying
So if you
Are looking
For a partner
I'd be glad to
Roleplay
With you.

There is
Something
Hidden in here
I Love My
Dead Gay Sons

Lights off!
Totally not a
Kiyondo Kinnie

I love
Dangleromp

Feel free to
PM me! I like
Making Friends

Do you ever just
see a pretty girl
and cry bc
they are so pretty

I currently use
Cancer/Cans/Canself
Pronouns
GaySunLord

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby khvoxtic » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:54 pm

mark

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
[Emersyn ⯁]
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
they/them | adult
kals xdm me

███████████████████
Feel free to DM me here or on discord if you
need to get in contact with me for anything!

[@khvoxtic on Dis] always open for a chat!
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RoaringHyena » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:56 pm

Ooh mark
♥═════════════════════♥
Hello peoples of Earth! I am Charles, definitely a human.
Looking for trades. Lover of sitting cats.
Hoarder of all things Hoardable.
Proud owner of the fattest doggo in the world and two annoying as cats!
<3 My dream pet is the Zonkey! <3
♥═════════════════════♥
RoaringHyena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me