10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Vaast & Tio's Herd 2019 | CLOSED

Postby j. bourne » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:56 pm

--------
    Welcome to the Second Semi-Annual Hestaferðir
    --------
    [ 'horse gathering' ]

--------Hestaferðir, also dubbed Hesta for the sake of pronunciation, is a massive rehoming event held in Iceland twice a year. Owners are welcome to travel to the farm or choose their horses through online means. Exporting will be completely handled by Bear Run.
    --------The Bear Run stud farm owns a large expanse of land and leaves some of their breeding stock to form natural herds. They find it helps keep the bloodlines strong and the horses hardy. The herds are still managed closely, sick or injured horses are brought in for care, pregnant mares are regularly checked, fresh food and water are regularly put out for all the herds in various places to avoid conflicts.
    --------For population control and to keep up genetic diversity a couple of times a year they’ll go in and round up chosen herds to be auctioned off. The horses are not completely feral so it is a much easier process to bring them in calmly than with completely wild animals.
    --------The nature of these herds means that staff cannot guarantee the genetics, lineage, or pregnancy status until further testing is done. The horses also tend to be quite dirty in the process of rounding them up and will be bathed during their vet check before being sent home.
    --------Testing results can take a while to get in when being sent in such bulk and will be posted on their website after the auction is complete. Adopting a horse in this event you agree to not knowing all their information until after purchase.
Last edited by j. bourne on Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
j. bourne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

V&T 2019 | EVENT INFO

Postby Half Tree » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:24 am

-----
How The Event Works
-----
An individual can win a maximum of 3 horses unless otherwise stated.
Do not enter for a horse you do not plan to keep! Let those that feel a connection win.
These horses cannot be rehomed until a month has passed after the winner announcements.
You earn tickets by doing art and writing based on the provided prompts.
You may use these tickets to purchase horses and items.
There will be 3 ways to make purchases this year:

Raffles: Same as last year each ticket counts as a single raffle entry.
Bidding: Enter a bidding war for a guaranteed pregnant mare.
*Upon winning a bid you cannot enter for any other horses.
Loot: Spend some tickets on items, vouchers, and CC points.

-----
Prompt Requirements
-----
All art and writing must be unique for the event, cannot be submitted to the CC!
All writing must be 500 words or more and use proper grammar.
All art must be coloured or shaded in a way that clearly displays markings.
Traditional art requires a high-quality properly lit picture.
All art should be done as a fullbody piece to ensure everyone has the same workload.
Various poses will still be considered fullbody. (i.e. x x x x)
You cannot use linearts, bases, editables, or colour-ins from on or off-site.
Putting forward obvious extra effort will earn you a second ticket.
(i.e. doubling the minimum requirement)
Doubling the minimum requirement would imply 1000 words for writing.
Adding detailed backgrounds/doing a second drawing/drawing two tolters for art.

PROMPT ONE - coming soon
Last edited by Half Tree on Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

V&T 2019 | LOOT BUNDLES

Postby Half Tree » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:26 am

-----
How Loot Bundles Work
-----
They will be open for purchase after prompts close.
Each individual entrant can only purchase 2 bundles
Each bundle costs a different amount of tickets.
The amount can be found in the [ ].
Non-owners get a -2 ticket discount.

The Vault is only available to those who complete all prompts.
It may only be purchased once per person.

---------------------
-----
Coin Purse [3]
-----
20 points
2 small items
1 mystery slot
---------
-----
Leather Bag [5]
-----
50 points
3 small items
1 semi-custom
---------
-----
Wooden Crate [7]
-----
100 points
2 medium items
1 full custom
---------
-----
Jeweled Chest [9]
-----
150 points
1 large item
1 rare custom

-----
The Vault [15]
-----
350 points
1 twins voucher
1 two rare-trait custom
1 mystery slot from my herd
Last edited by Half Tree on Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

V&T 2019 | GAMES

Postby Half Tree » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:09 am

-----
Coat Cunundrum
-----

Want to earn some last-minute tickets?
Hazard a guess at what coat colour is hidden under that mud and you can win 2 tickets per correct guess.
Just PM me this form with the title of the game to keep your guesses secret.
I'll let you know once the game closes how many points you got and update the archive.
You do not have to guess for all of them, but leave the ones you don't want to try blank without deleting the place.
It'll make it easier for me to go through without having to double-check each number.

[I have a few designs to finish but they'll be up before the countdown is over and I won't open any PMs so you may edit until closing.]
[If it will not let you edit, just delete and send another or save it in your drafts until you're ready to send.]

countdown

-----
Genealogical Guesswork
-----

Want to earn some random loot drops?
Come try a guess at who the dams are for the yearlings!
You may only guess once until I post to allow second guesses.
I will confirm the sire if guessed correctly but only the dam is worth loot.
Post the form on this thread and do not edit! The game runs until all the dams are guessed.
A single person can only win 3 prizes max, if multiple people get the same guess at the same time they'll all roll a prize.

[This game is closed until after all phenotypes and genotypes have been revealed.]
Code: Select all
7299:
7300:
7301:
7302:
7303:
7304:
7305:
7306:
7307:
7308:

-----
The Vault Heist
-----
Want to get into that damned Vault?
Come join others in a daring heist to steal something out of the locked-tight prize tier!
This game is only open to those who could not purchase a vault.
You didn't have to participate in the event to enter this game.
You will need a team of 2 or 4 people and their tolters to manage this.
The more people in your gang the more you have to share the loot.
2 thieves = 2 prizes each, 4 thieves = 1 prize each
There are 3 stages to this heist.
The Plan
The Setup
The Execution

[This game is closed until after all other activities have finished.]
[url=moot]countdown[/url]
Last edited by Half Tree on Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:09 am, edited 11 times in total.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

V&T 2019 | PROMPT ONE - OPEN

Postby Half Tree » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:54 pm

-----
Prompt One
-----

Write or draw about one of your tolters meeting a dangerous animal.

Non-owners may use my tolter Briar.

countdown

Code: Select all
[u][center]PROMPT ONE[/center][/u]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Response:[/b]
[b]Tolter(s):[/b]
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Vaast & Tio's Herd 2019 | CLOSED

Postby Alledowaya » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:30 pm

PROMPT ONE

Username: Alledowaya
Response: Fight on the Mountain (1,290 words)
Tolter(s): Дух, Lin-Lin, and Sacred.
Last edited by Alledowaya on Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alledowaya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby buckskin. » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:25 pm

PROMPT ONE

Username: buckskin.
Response: art
Tolter(s): Ruby
buckskin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aray17 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:29 pm

PROMPT ONE

Username: aray17
Response: As I sat on the cool shady riverbanks, I thought about the attack. The wounds and scars still felt fresh as if the cougar had just pounced upon me. Shivers ran down my spine as the memory came alive in my mind.
It was winter time and the snow slowly began to glide through the crisp air. My rider was the only human I trusted and she coaxed me to go on a new trail ride. I groaned with disapproval as she slid my bridle and tack on. She looked me in the eyes and I gave her a good glare. My rider had never done me wrong and I didn’t want to disappoint her or be a moody handful for her. She slowly stroked my neck then hopped up onto the saddle. I slowly walked out of the stable and approached the far gate, leaving the ranch. The snow drifted through the air and I took a deep breath of the cold, crisp air. Something didn't seem right and I could feel it. I flicked my ears back and forth as I heard the branches sway in the wind and movement throughout the forest. This wasn't our first time going into the forest alone but it still made me cautious and nervous. I slowly stepped off of the trail and onto the slushy snow to get us to the new trail my rider wanted to try. She pulled on my reins and I jolted. My rider took a deep breath and seemed to be in a panic. I heard the snow crunch underneath my feet as we continued walking. Low branches and a steady snowfall made it hard to see. We continued slowly through the forest. I heard loud footsteps behind me and swung around only to see a mountain lion stalking us. Pure adrenaline and fear raced through my blood. My rider screamed out and I started running as fast as I could back to the ranch. The mountain lion was right on our tail and my rider screamed and yelled for any kind of help. I just kept running. Snowflakes began to fall all over my face and eyes and my vision began to blur. The trees all seemed to blur together and the path was soon forgotten. I was running for my life. My rider screamed as she fell off of me and I couldn't stop. I needed to get out. I needed help badly. Soon, I realized I was trapped as I fell into the cold rushing waters of the river. Ice chunks floated by me and I scrambled to get out of the water. The currents were strong and panic fogged my mind. The sting of the mountain lion's claws awoke my mind as I realized it had jumped in after me as well. I felt sharp teeth big into my shoulder and claws swung across my face. I was struggling to swim and stay afloat. I couldn't swim and fight at the same time. My mind and body began to shut down as I let the pain and cold water sink into my bones. The loud sound of a gun firing a bullet rang out as my rider and people screamed. I fell into a trance and let the cold numb my pain and water wash away my blood. The currents took me down the river for miles until I hit a riverbank and awoke from my mindless state. I laid on the riverbank and slept. I had no hope of surviving until humans found my nearly lifeless body and pulled me into a trailer to take me to a new home.
I wish I could forget this horrid day. I wish I would have listened to my intuition and not my rider. Regret plagues me everyday. For others consistently disappoint me so I must guard my heart carefully.
Tolter(s): Quinn
Last edited by aray17 on Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aray17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:11 am

PROMPT ONE

Username: DarkestWerewolf
Response: (1094 words)
    Hooves thundered across the vast open plains. Chayton sighed. It’s been nearly 15 minutes, why was it being so persistent. He shouldn’t have let the foals talk him into this. The stables were nearly in sight, he should be safe. At the moment, Chayton was being chased by a mountain lion.
    How did he land himself in this situation? He let a few foals talk him into going to the rocky hills as a test of bravery.
    Darn foals.
    Chayton pressed his ears back and continued to pace himself at a steady speed to avoid being mauled by the big cat.
    2 hours ago, Chayton was casually grazing in the paddock. The sprint grass was juicy and sweet, he had to savour it before the change in season. The summer grass is nice but it isn’t as nice as spring grass. The adults were all grazing while the foals were playing around. Just then, a pair of foals came barrelling into Chayton. The stallion grunted but looked back to see the mischievous pair already up and ready to play again. He warned the kids to be careful and for some reason, giving the pair of foals a warning garnered the attention of other foals as well as starting a conversation with them. He had no idea where this was going. He just wanted his grass...
    The foals told him of a rocky hill, some distance away from the stables. They say that there were lots of rumours of spooky activities happening. Mornings and groaning could be heard echoing off the looming rocks and boulders that covered the hill. Chayton was well aware of the hill they talked about. The hill can be seen whenever he went for a trail ride but there was no trail ride specifically routed to the rocky hill as the path becomes dangerous and treacherous, which posed a hazard. There weren’t any paranormal beings residing there but the stallion is definitely well aware of what resided amongst the rocky hill tops. A predator big and fierce enough to take down a horse.
    The foals that stood in front of him were talking so eagerly and highly of it. Eventually, the conversation led from rumours and admiration of the rocky hills to a test of bravery. They urged Chayton to go to the rocky hills and have a look. He had to bring back a little pebble from it as proof he went. Chayton wanted to reject the challenge, it was dangerous and stupid. However, a side of him had always loved the taste of freedom and danger. Eventually, after lots of persuasion, Chayton decided a quick trip there wouldn’t hurt.
    Thus, his adventure into the unknown began. Chayton took the trail ride path up into the forest, it was extremely beautiful and peaceful. The little creek and birds were the melody of the forest. Soon, Chayton stopped. The rocky hill could be seen in the distance. The path continued into the forest but Chayton strayed from it, walking towards the rocky hills. The forest cleared and he was out in the open plains.
    Chayton was on alert the entire time, being extremely aware and sensitive of the sounds and atmosphere. Currently, the atmosphere was still fine. The tall grass in the open plains were home to many little mammals. He could see the occasional pair of wild hare ears stick out and even saw a pair frolicking around. Little birds flew about, dancing in the sky. Everything was fine. He continued walking across the plains, the rocky hills slowly growing bigger and bigger and he drew closer to it.
    The closer he approached the rocky hills, the more silent it was. Birds and wild rabbits were no longer present. A cold gust of wind blew by. It wasn’t long before Chayton found himself at the foot of the rocky hills. Rocks and boulders looked over him, sheltering some parts. The wind echoed as the blew amongst the rocks. He sighed. Why did he let the foals talk him into this. Chayton stood perfectly still for a while, ears perked, listening for any signs of danger. He started his way up the rocky hill, being as quiet and careful as he can. One wrong move would be the end of him. Soon, Chayton was half way up the hill when he felt a chill down his spine. He was being watched.
    But from where?
    Chayton stood still, ears moving around, trying to hear where the mountain lion was. He nearly missed it but there was a soft sound of pebbles crumbling coming from behind him. He slowly turned around and saw an odd figure lying amongst the rocks and dried grass.
    The stallion kept calm. Any reckless movements would cost his life. He needed to find a way to get down the more hazardous part of the hill while still keeping watch of the big cat. He started his slow decline down the hill, carefully manoeuvring around the hill. The big cat was just as careful, moving only when necessary but it was closing the distance quickly.
    Finally, after the agonisingly slow descend, Chayton was within the safer parts of the rocky hill where the boulders and rocks were more stable. The stallion wanted no time in making a break for it. The mountain lion gave chase. Chayton bolted down the hill, mountain lion behind. He galloped into the open plains. He needed to make it back to the stables. However, it was quite a distance away. He had to pace himself enough to distant himself from the mountain lion.
    The stallion eventually found the right pace and kept at it. He was hoping for the big cat to give up after a while but it’s been over 15 minutes and it was still chasing him. Chayton sighed. What a bother. However, the stables were in sight, Chayton made a final dash for it, running towards the paddock and making a mighty leap over the fence.
    The Tolts in the paddock turned towards the commotion and saw an exhausted Chayton, on the brink of collapse and a mountain lion closing in. The stallions immediately acted and ran towards the edge of the paddock, reading and kicking to deter the mountain lion. The big cat stopped in its tracks. Taking on so many horses at once could be fatal. Eventually, it gave up and headed back towards the hill.
    Chayton was fine but he was never doing any test of bravery ever again. At least he had a great story to tell.
Tolter(s): Chayton - Barn + personality
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Vaast & Tio's Herd 2019 | OPEN

Postby Lavellan » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:00 am

PROMPT ONE

Username: Lavellan
    Response:
      Ears flicking to the side, blue eyes nervously scanning the stable block around the reddish shape before him, Ned’s lips twitched anxiously as he checked for the humans who would inevitably approach.
      With a satisfied whuff, Chuck’s teeth made a connection with the latch on the door, and, in a swift movement, the stable door swung open on its hinges. Ned remained, locked with fear, eyes searching desperately for the humans who would come to reprimand them. After a frantic moment without movement, his eyes fell on the green eyes of his best friend, who watched him with a patient amusement. He tried desperately to tell her through his expression that this was a terrible idea, that they should just remain here, but the sparkle in her eye and the enthusiasm on her features melted him eventually. Eyes still glancing desperately around for angry humans, he took a tentative step forward, and with that, she was gone.
      Her reddish tail flicked against his nose as she began to trot down the gravel drive, her head high and her steps higher. With a nervous groan, the stallion pushed himself forward into a canter, reaching her side quickly. As they fell into step, Chuck swung her nose around, bumping her muzzle against his. There was nothing but excitement in her features as they took off on their adventure, and he couldn’t help but feel the bubble of exhilaration rising into his own belly.
      Careening suddenly up one of the dirt paths that led to the riding trails, Chuck sped up, her high-stepping trot pushing forward to a steady lope, and Ned was forced to follow. Lowering her head and kicking up her heels in a buck, bumping her mate’s shoulder with her rear playfully, she shot him a look before opening her stride, hooves hitting the ground in four distinct beats as she thundered into a gallop.
      Ned sent a look behind them, still confident that the entire stable’s worth of staff would be on their heels. But the coast was clear, and so he allowed himself to relax a bit, keeping behind the red dun mare but not letting her get too far.
      The field around them reshaped itself into a gentle, tranquil forest, urging the mare, and the stallion at her side, to slow, a gentle, enjoyable walk bringing them through the woods filled with birdsong. They fell into step once again, blue eyes and green searching through leaves, watching small animals flitting through the branches, studying flowers and just enjoying each other’s company.
      All worries had melted from the bay stallion as he walked. He knew that they’d get back to the stable before nightfall, that the humans would probably be upset but it wouldn’t last long, that they’d likely add some locks to the base of Chuck’s door to stop her from opening it again. She hadn’t quite figured out how to open the pasture gates yet, but Ned figured it was only a matter of time.
      Turning her head to him suddenly, Ned’s blue eyes locked onto Chuck’s green, wondering what had suddenly popped into her head. Probably another preposterous scheme. Or the trick to getting the pasture gates open.
      But, no, there was something burning behind her eyes. Worry, perhaps? It was not an emotion that visited the mare often, not one that Ned immediately recognized. She swung her head back, studying something off in the trees, and Ned stepped forward, moving his head to follow hers.
      Gazing back at them, curiosity and confusion plastered across their round faces, were two small creatures, coated in a dark brown fur. Their small eyes and black noses reminded Ned somewhat of the dogs that sometimes moved around the stable, their round ears and beady eyes trained on them. One, the larger, stood on its hind legs, studying them carefully.
      Unease crept up Ned’s spine, his tail beginning to whisk behind him as Chuck offered a soft nicker to the creatures. The one standing offered a soft, cooing sound, raising a paw to scratch at its head. Ned’s heart began to thud as he spotted the large, sharp claws at the end of its arm, and, even though the creature used them to scratch itself, he couldn’t help but panic at the thought that they might be turned on them.
      However, enamoured by the sweet faces and soft baby-like noises, Chuck walked slowly forward lowering her muzzle to them. Ned could hear her soft breaths as she tested their scent, watching as they playfully rolled over, showing her their bellies. As Chuck began to frolic with the creatures, Ned found himself glancing around, searching for answers to what the creatures were. His eyes were brought to the trees surrounding them, seeing long scratch marks in some of the surrounding trees. He moved towards one, moving his nose across the scratched wood. There was a slight musky scent to the bark, but not much else.
      Behind him, tossing her head and frolicking a few steps, watching in delight as the pair of creatures followed behind her, Chuck enjoyed the games that were occurring, pushing her weight into her hindquarters as she half-reared up. This caused the little creatures to squeal in fear, bringing Chuck quickly back to all fours, lowering her head to them again. Her reassuring whicker was drowned out by a low grumble, the sound causing her blood to freeze in her veins.
      Ned caught the sound as well, and thought his heart may stop in his chest when the large, black shape reared up behind the reddish mare, standing high above her wither. And, Chuck, frozen entirely with fear, could only watch as the mother bear, furious at the horse standing between her and her babies, opened her maw wide, exposing huge, yellowed teeth, raising a paw covered with claws that Ned could not have even imagined in his worst nightmares. And there it was, raising itself to collide with the mare, and Chuck was frozen in place, her eyes wide and legs locked.
      He didn’t think. He couldn’t think. With a desperate roar, Ned thundered forward, sliding himself into the space between the mare and the large creature, throwing it off its rhythm by suddenly appearing. With ears pinned and eyes burning with a fierce emotion that he could barely understand, he reared up, opening his black maw wide with a scream that he wasn’t even sure came from him, he became the trigger that Chuck needed to snap out of her fearful trance. He heard the mare take off, beginning to gallop back in the direction that they had come, and he didn’t linger too long after her. With a lash out and a snort, the stallion spun, taking off in the direction that he spotted Chuck’s reddish coat disappear into.
      With adrenaline fuelling his escape, Ned galloped until the familiar pastures of home came into sight. Chuck, with her head start, had disappeared from his sight, but he could only hope that she stuck to the path and arrived before him. Sweating heavily and beginning to tremble, he stumbled as his hooves hit gravel, skittering into the stable block, hardly slowing.
      A soft, desperate whicker escaped him as he didn’t spot his mate’s red form within the aisle of the stable, or even in her own stall. But he could have collapsed onto the concrete floor as he heard her weak answer, coming from his stall. Stumbling forward, he spotted her, pelt slick with sweat and eyes still wide, laying on the shavings within his stall. A soft nicker rolled from his chest, one filled with relief, as he stepped onto the bedding, moving behind her and laying down, curling himself around her trembling form, he rested his head across her withers.
      “Hey, look!” Came a human’s voice, raising the heads of both horses within the stable. A little while had passed, and most traces of the pair’s escape had disappeared. “Chuck must have learned how to open the locks.”
      “Ah well,” Came a response from down the aisle. “At least they haven’t tried to escape!”
    1,352 words

Tolter(s): Ned and Chuck
Lavellan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me