Artist sobble [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
21 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Yuroshi

Naga pride Cafe #1 - Nonbinary

Postby sobble » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:27 am

Whoo! Hope you guys like this kid as much as I enjoyed designing 'em. That being said, happy pride!

I chose to do the nonbinary naga because thats how I identify and I really thought the colors would be fun to work with, while still challenging my comfort zone <3

For this competition, I want to see some love for this kid! You have 500 words to tell me how they overcome their obstacles.
This could be their loss of a tail, coming to terms with their identity, or anything else you could dream of!
This competiton will end July 8th.

Edits:
[c] claws, backmane
[uc] longer fur, ears, gigantism, sticky paws
[r] Tail
Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
    They/them | Adult | PA student
    Prone to experiencing mental illness, please be nice.
    I love pokemon, coffee, and my late kitty Cleo.
    PMs OK for reminders or commissions/discord tag
    Art credits linked to images!
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Naga pride Cafe #1 - Nonbinary

Postby fangsnfluff » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:19 pm

Username: fangsnfluff
Name: Noa (pronounced like Noah)
How they overcame their obstacles: Well, they haven’t yet. Not entirely. Loving themself has been, and still is, a process. But they’ve got friends there for them no matter what, even through the hardest of times. Noa isn’t the most social naga, and while they love hanging out with their friends, sometimes they just need to take some time to be alone. When they do, they almost always entertain themselves with some stargazing. The stars have helped a lot, actually. Just look at them, so far away, and so different from everything down here. But they’re still impressive, even if they’re not really all that familiar. Life can be hard, even for someone as happy go lucky as Noa, and sometimes we feel like we aren’t making it through. Look at those stars, though! Gone every morning, all through the day! And then, back, every night, as though nothing ever changed. There’s no force out there strong enough to move a star, and that’s how Noa sees themself; a star. Sure, they may be stuck in the daytime right now, not really being seen, but night always comes. The peace, the calm, and those bright, beautiful stars. Noa knows that with just a little patience and some friends to help them through, they’ll get their chance to shine soon enough.
fangsnfluff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lokisaurus » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:18 pm

Username:
Name:
wippity wip

..loki . they / them . link . ©
sleepy tired dinosaur

lions of avestia
kingswood acres
greyfall's maw - riy'lok
Lokisaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby •boo• » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:16 pm

Username: NightMareRose
Name: Avery
How they overcame their obstacles:
Avery has been through a lot, from loosing their tail to having to deal with people who didn't accept them for who they wanted to be. Though it was tough, Avery found comfort in other nagas who also didn't fit the mold. Ryan, who is homosexual, was one of their closest friends. Whenever someone bullied Avery about their tail or about being non-binairy Ryan would always be there for them. In the long run, Avery's very supportive friends are how they overcame their obsticles. Sometimes they'll think about how their life would've turned out if they didn't have such great friends.
Hi I'm Alois!
He/it | Scorpio | AroAce?
Depressed | Anxiety | Sleepy

Kalons | Shamkhyis | Nagalines
Lambicorns | Smoothie Chickens

Check out the CS Discord Server! Avatar ♡
•boo•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuroshi » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:47 pm

Username: yuroshi
Name: Xeno
Xeno’s life hasn’t necessarily been an easy one, but for anyone who has met Xeno before, this wouldn’t necessarily come as a surprise. After all, one must only look at the scars on the tall being to see that they’ve been through more than their fair share of hardships. Yet, they are still standing- and more importantly, still smiling. The reason for this?
Xeno has never been bound to the normal, the natural. Quite frankly, the way they were able to overcome their obstacles, to face their own demons and come out victorious was simply that they accepted them, and let go.
This may seem like it isn’t the best idea for some, but for Xeno? It’s the way they live.
For example, Xeno struggled with their identity for a long time, trying to figure out who they were, what they were, and who they wanted to be.. but the answer wouldn’t come, no matter how hard they tried to find it. And finally, after such a long time, they were approached by a little one who absolutely adored them. And when Xeno asked “what could possibly be so good about me?” The little one gave them an answer that became a motto for their life, a mantra he repeats whenever he struggles.
“Well, you’re you, aren’t you? And you can do anything!”
This mantra, twisted slightly, became their driving force. When life got them down, “I’m me as can be, and everything’s possible,” was the phrase that got Xeno through it. Even with the disastrous situation of losing a tail, as good as losing a limb, this kept them from giving up all hope even when it was hard to stand. Perhaps it made them a little weird, believing in all sorts of things no one else could imagine... but in the end, Xeno is still standing, still Xeno even with the pieces missing, and that’s what counts.
So when asked what let them persevere through all the hardships, Xeno will tell you, “A child’s faith that being who you are is good enough can inspire you to live through anything.”
Last edited by Yuroshi on Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yuroshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby astral. » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:32 pm

Mark!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

send me a pm for whatever reason <3
Tam - she/her
discord; astral.#3158

artfight ;; toyhouse ;; my kals ;; coffee? ;;
deviantart ;; pyjammies ;; my nagas

sig art is by me <3
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

astral.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sobble » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:47 am

whoops! Fell asleep without closing this, but this is now officially closed <3

I'll hopefully have results up after i finish some artfight revenges! hehe
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sobble » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:29 am

Yuroshi wrote:Username: yuroshi
Name: Xeno
Xeno’s life hasn’t necessarily been an easy one, but for anyone who has met Xeno before, this wouldn’t necessarily come as a surprise. After all, one must only look at the scars on the tall being to see that they’ve been through more than their fair share of hardships. Yet, they are still standing- and more importantly, still smiling. The reason for this?
Xeno has never been bound to the normal, the natural. Quite frankly, the way they were able to overcome their obstacles, to face their own demons and come out victorious was simply that they accepted them, and let go.
This may seem like it isn’t the best idea for some, but for Xeno? It’s the way they live.
For example, Xeno struggled with their identity for a long time, trying to figure out who they were, what they were, and who they wanted to be.. but the answer wouldn’t come, no matter how hard they tried to find it. And finally, after such a long time, they were approached by a little one who absolutely adored them. And when Xeno asked “what could possibly be so good about me?” The little one gave them an answer that became a motto for their life, a mantra he repeats whenever he struggles.
“Well, you’re you, aren’t you? And you can do anything!”
This mantra, twisted slightly, became their driving force. When life got them down, “I’m me as can be, and everything’s possible,” was the phrase that got Xeno through it. Even with the disastrous situation of losing a tail, as good as losing a limb, this kept them from giving up all hope even when it was hard to stand. Perhaps it made them a little weird, believing in all sorts of things no one else could imagine... but in the end, Xeno is still standing, still Xeno even with the pieces missing, and that’s what counts.
So when asked what let them persevere through all the hardships, Xeno will tell you, “A child’s faith that being who you are is good enough can inspire you to live through anything.”

congrats on Xeno!! I really enjoy the little things that helped them to accept themselves and let go of their troubles, and I may be a little biased as I personally try to accept things in order to let them go <3

alspo Huge shoutout to fangs because I adore the idea of the stars so much! I'm a tad busy right now but I'd like to offer an ru as I really enjoyed your idea as well ;; if there's a certain flag or pallete you'd like the ru based on, please let me know!

Thankyou all for your interest <3
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuroshi » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:57 pm

Hey, sorry for the bother but would you mind adding me to this please?

PM's are always open, no matter what.
Have a wonderful day~

Avatar done by the amazing QueenNyra!!
Yuroshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sobble » Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:02 pm

Yuroshi wrote:Hey, sorry for the bother but would you mind adding me to this please?

My apologies, you should be added now :)
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me