Artist ecto [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
26 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by ecto

Vix #33 - Closed

Postby ecto » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:59 pm

^^ That's a lot of roses. They've even gone so far as to stick roses to their fur and cloak.

Prompt: Why is this vix so obsessed with white roses?

Ends May 3rd!

Winner:
Snowlondon wrote:Username: Snowlondon || Name: Zuri || Gender: Female

As a young vix, Zuri was forced to keep to her family's garden. She hated it with a fiery passion- anything that dirtied her claws was terrible to her. Every minute that she would spent planting and watering would feel like an hour. But sometimes, she would find something special.

A white rose. How they got there, she never knew. Yet every month or so, there would be a perfect white rose somewhere in her garden. They were exactly what she loved. Beautiful, pure, and clean, with sharp thorns. She kept every one of them, caring for them until they dried up.

She still disliked gardening, but the roses made it a little better. Whenever she went out to the garden, she knew that there was a small chance that she would find one of the roses. It was as if someone was leaving them as a gift for her. And that? That was truly special.

Common

edits; [nr] whiskers, accessories [s] sclera, expression [c] hair
Last edited by ecto on Sat May 04, 2019 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ecto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Vix #33

Postby Ringo. » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:07 pm

Username: Ringo.
Name: Valarie
Prompt:
”Well, the reason why I love white roses is very simple.
My wife wore a dress made of hundreds of white roses, she was so gorgeous that day. A couple years later she got sick, really sick. Every doctor we went to told us she wasn’t going to make and was going to pass in 6 to 8 months. We were terrified. But there was no way to stop it.
So we lived our live the best we could. It was a great 5 months, but then she was put in the hospital. Connected to tubes and on life support. We both made the decision to pull the plug.

In the honour of my late wife, I vowed myself to always wear white roses everyday and every night.
And if people ask, I can tell them the reason and not feel shame or like I’m dishonoring her.
I don’t want ‘I’m sorry’s or sympathy. Yes I’m sad, but I’m always going to remember the memories I made with her.

The reason I wear white roses is to honour my late wife.
Simple as that.”
ImageImageImageImageImage

*° *
Icon by Jay
Hi, I'm Ringo!
Pronouns are She/They/He
I am autistic
Please feel free to message me for anything! c:

*° *
TH || Soll ♥
Ringo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EisHawk » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:23 pm

Username: EisHawk
Name: Eclipse
Prompt: WIP
EisHawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby venn1e » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:15 pm

Username: HoliFish
Name: Mujaki
Prompt: Mujaki’s reasoning for her obsession with white roses is reasonable- yet entirely too significant to her.
White roses symbolize purity and innocence. Mujaki believes that you should live life free of crime, or depending on your religion, sin. So, she appreciates the simple beauty of the white rose, and wears them every day to spread their message. Live life to the fullest- but don’t taint yourself with, as a reference to her favorite book, The Little Prince, baobab trees.

(In The Little Prince, baobab trees symbolize anything that starts off as something simple, like a little white lie, and grow to destroy your life. This can be more than lies- it can also be addiction, cheating, or basically any negative habits.)
my name’z felony, any pronounz

i’ve beat lin manuel miranda in a card game

baby /p
venn1e

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justamindset » Wed May 01, 2019 2:33 pm

Username: DragonOfEmber
Name: Lalina
Prompt:

I was a samurai warrior, my mind set on being the best. I wanted to fight for my culture, how they

MARKKK

[♡] ember / / [♡] justamindset
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

[][][][][][][][][][]

information and links

kals // toyhouse // comms: open

𓆩*𓆪 and i know where to look 𓆩*𓆪

in permanent need of coffee

justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyStreets » Thu May 02, 2019 2:07 pm

Username: Ravenwhisper's wish
    Name: Burnet
    -> named after the burnet white rose
    Prompt:
    The thorns.
    Sharp, dangerous-
    Dark.
    The colour.
    Soft, snow white-
    Light.
    The contrast.
    Gorgeous, exhilariting-
    Everything.
xxxx
xxxxImage
━━━━━━━
« they/them »
« iavatar ©i »
« rain frog © »
━━━━━━━

ember/sunny
SunnyStreets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flowerbud X. » Fri May 03, 2019 4:03 am

Username: Flowerbud X.
Name: Zaki; Name Meaning: Full of virtue, pure
Prompt: Growing up Zaki was always sheltered by his mother. She wanted to keep his innocence in tact and above all else, protect him from the same fate his father fell too. Doing this was no issue as they were from a considered noble family. Zaki accepted this and felt comfort in it. Except, over time he started doubting his mothers judgement as one day, he knew he would have to take over everything and rise up. He was always an obedient child and never protested, but he didn't want to leave his future to failure. Especially failing his father who fought so hard for everything they have. This lead to Zaki having a major dispute with his mother. While they were both cooling off and him feeling very guilty about the argument, he went into their garden. It was very well kept by their gardeners and not a single bush or flower was allowed to grow that they didn’t want. His mother was never a fan of filler flowers, roses especially in that lot. So what grew in their garden was mainly cherry blossoms, hedges, line flowers and a few daisies. Upon his walk, he spotted a flower he had never seen before, it was lush with pure white petals. The gardeners must have missed removing this flower. When he attempted to pick it up, it caused him to quickly jerk his paw back. A spark went through his brain and told him what type this flower was, a rose. He had never encountered a rose and was mesmerized by it. Zaki was immediately drawn to it, feeling a connection, as if it was meant to be for him. The petals drawing you in by its seeming innocence and the thorns there ready to defend itself if necessary. Zaki began nurturing his own rose garden in secret and started growing himself. His mother agreeing with his decision and allowing him to grow into a reliable young adult. During this time, Zaki’s mother grew ill and joined his father. He felt even more drawn to his roses and started wearing them everywhere. A small part to remember his parents, but most of all to show that even though he was pure, he wasn't gullible and knew when to use his thorns.
ImageW.I.PxImage
Not everyday is gonna be a good day
Not everything is gonna go your way
It's all about the way you think
Rise from your past, don't sink
Flowerbud X.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowlondon » Fri May 03, 2019 8:41 am

Username: Snowlondon || Name: Zuri || Gender: Female

As a young vix, Zuri was forced to keep to her family's garden. She hated it with a fiery passion- anything that dirtied her claws was terrible to her. Every minute that she would spent planting and watering would feel like an hour. But sometimes, she would find something special.

A white rose. How they got there, she never knew. Yet every month or so, there would be a perfect white rose somewhere in her garden. They were exactly what she loved. Beautiful, pure, and clean, with sharp thorns. She kept every one of them, caring for them until they dried up.

She still disliked gardening, but the roses made it a little better. Whenever she went out to the garden, she knew that there was a small chance that she would find one of the roses. It was as if someone was leaving them as a gift for her. And that? That was truly special.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxHi, I'm Snowlondon!
xxxxxxxxYou can call me Snow. I use
xxxxxxxxshe/her pronouns, and I love
xxxxxxxxwriting, drawing, and baking.
xxxBest Friend x Art Instagram x My Art Shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Snowlondon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ecto » Sat May 04, 2019 10:43 am

Snowlondon wrote:
Username: Snowlondon || Name: Zuri || Gender: Female

Congrats! You've won this vix. ^^

RUs: Ringo. and HoliFish. You've won 25 Mons each.
th; h4lcyon | discord; h4lcyon | he/they
ecto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Vix #33 - Closed

Postby Snowlondon » Sun May 05, 2019 2:09 am

Thank you so much!