Starter
Approved<3!

Owner: Canis Root Tea

Name: Calcifer
Species: Eevee
Home: Folder
Personality (quick): fiery • protective • adamant • smug • rash • brave
Appearance:
• He has very fluffy chest that has different colored layers. It starts dark brown at the top, then swaps to auburn, and the bottom layer is a light cream. He normally keeps it in a braided "beard" to help tame the fluff. The beard always has an orange bead at the bottom.
• His chest fluff doesn't stop at his neck. Instead, it travels up the back of his head,changing to black, and up to the top of his head.
• For his face, he has golden eyes. The right eye has a small scar at the top. Sometimes when he has a smirkish grin, Calcifer will get a snaggletooth.
• He sometimes wears a traveling bag. Inside, it normally contains berries to eat or help others recover.
• Tiger-like stripes are adorned on his body randomly.
• Two small scars on his left flank.
• His tail is usually braided where it's randomly black. It too has an orange bead.

Dream?: Calcifer wants to become a Flareon!

Level 1 Prompt: "Write your starter's feelings about being adopted by your trainer in 100 or more words."

Calcifer bundled himself on the fur rug as he lay contently by the fire. This was his all time favorite spot in the " Roseli Berry Mountain Reserve," or, perhaps, even on the whole mountain. On cold days it became even better because Calcifer hated the snow that sometimes fell. He sighed and closed his eyes, thinking back on what he life had become within the last year or so now. His trainer was off somewhere in the cabin - likely working with her berry plants. Thinking back, he often recalled how they met.
----
It had been on one of the coldest days on the mountain. Snow and ice was thick on the ground, and he remembered thinking that he thought he was going to freeze. In fact, he could barely move at all through the storm. His fur was whipping around from the wind, and his paws felt frozen from the icey mush underneath. There was so much snowfall and darkness, he couldn't tell where to go for shelter, or where he even was on the mountain. One misstep and he might just fall off! However, just when he thought the storm would get the better of him, he remembered the feeling of hands picking him up, stuffing him in a warm blanket, and quickly carrying him away. Sheltered from the storm and engulfed in warmth, the almost frozen eevee fell asleep on the way home in the stranger's arms.

When he woke up, he was inside a warm cabin by the fireplace with a bowl of oran berries next to him. His stomach growled as he looked upon the bowl of food, and he quickly scarfed it down. They were so good! He didn't remember the last time he had eaten so much. Just as he was finishing up the last berry though, the door opened from outside and the cold wind whipped through the cabin. Shuttering, the eevee looked up to see a human enter! Beside her, an Absol squeezed through the door. The eevee had rarely encountered a human before, they were not often seen on the mountain as most people stayed away from it due to the climate and terrain. He was terrified at first, his fur began to bristle and he quickly looked at how to escape. However, as the human approached, she coo'ed at him in a soft voice and held out an Aspear berry for him to take. Hesitantly, the eevee calmed himself before rising and cautiously approaching the human and taking the berry. As he nibbled on it, he flicked his ears, annoyed, as the human began to speak;

"We found you out in the snow, little one. Absol led me to you out there. We thought you were going to freeze, so we rushed you home. That Aspear berry should help you thaw out the last of the cold. When the storm is over, you can leave if you want to return to the wild. Just know that you're always welcome here, too."

And with that, she stood up and left the eevee to his berry. The Absol looked at the stranger in his house for an extra moment, before following his trainer wherever she went off to.

The Eevee swore he would leave come the first sunny day, but somehow along the way he had grown attached to the human and her cabin. It was warm, and she gave him good food, and she seemed nice enough to him. When he began to grow comfortable with her petting him, she also helped him tame his fluffy fur by braiding it. The eevee loved it so much, it helped him move better and he felt cooler looking! He loved it when she put an orange bead at the end - it reminded him of a firestone. So, when the snowstorm departed and the sun came back out to melt the snow, the Eevee decided to stay here. He owed his life to his human, and he would do his best to repay that.
-----
Flopping on his back, Calcifer looked up at the ceiling. Not long after he had decided to stay, she had decided to call him "Calcifer" since he liked the fire so much. It was an alright name, he thought. It sounded kind of powerful. He just hoped he himself would be powerful enough for his trainer. He was very grateful for her saving his life, and he wanted to do everything he could to help her. The "Roseli Berry Mountain Reserve" was her way of saving the hurt Pokemon on the mountain, and she often went out in harsh conditions against wild feral Pokemon to help save them. Sometimes even strange, lost humans showed up at their doorstep. He wanted to grow strong so he could light up the way and protect her from whatever they might find. Since she had brought him to her home, he had started training every day to get stronger. Sometimes even Absol agreed to spar with him, and the dark pokemon would teach him tricks when battling. Calcifer knew that he had never felt such love and loyalty to anyone ever before, and he knew that it was his duty to protect his new trainer.

Last edited by Canis Root Tea on Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

she/her | adult
Canis Root Tea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [Eevee Haven] Starter: Calcifer

Postby Petscop » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:29 am

ur super approved !!
[ i'd die for this boy he's so so cute,, ]
I am inactive. Don't send trades, don't expect hasty replies.
Petscop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me