Artist Sixbane [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours
Drawing sessions 6
104 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Anniversary Adopt - Ivy

Postby Sixbane » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:39 pm

Celtic Astrology Sign: Ivy Tree – September 30 – October 27

Historically it was believed that the leaves of the Ivy represented a connection with nature.

Another year, another kalon
It's been a great year again, love you guys

im tired and at work, dont expect a long detailed anything from me rn lol
just know I appreciate and love everyone in the community even if im quiet and kinda keep to myself a lot, I love seeing everyones ideas, how people grow and change as artists and people, and it means the world to me to be a part of it

leaves are accessories, on another layer, and removable.

-Standard shine
-Common hair
-Common fur
-Common tail
-Common backmane
-Uncommon ears
-Rare natural mutation (goop)

Contest will end April 5th
You may not add more than the form allows.
You may answer the prompt in any way that you choose.
Do they speak to nature through meditation? Through literal means? Do they care nothing for nature, and ignore its call? Feel free to interpret as you like.
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Kalon name:[/b]
[b]How do they commune with nature?:[/b] 400 word AND/OR one art piece maximum
[b]1 extra:[/b] 300 words and/or one additional art piece.

So at absolute maximum your form may be 700 words and 2 art pieces.
I will be judging on idea and execution.

nonironically, green and brown are my least favorite colors to work with, but i enjoyed making this one and like the result nonetheless
I'm not really active here anymore, hmu @ Sixbane on TH/DA/Discord instead
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Anniversary Adopt - Ivy

Postby purple. » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:44 pm

Holy cow this is absolutely gorgeous! Great job! Don't know as of now if I'll enter, but I'm certainly excited to see the entries! <3

✽ ✾ ✿ ❁ ❃ ❋ ❀
╔═══════════╗
❝Hey, I'm Mat! I speak English
and French so feel free to
message me, I don't bite <3❞
╚═══════════╝

✽ ✾ ✿ ❁ ❃ ❋ ❀
submit a help ticket | must-read topics for newbies
art shop | toyhou.se
purple.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|| narieme ||

Postby recherché. » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:45 pm

username: recherché.
kalon name: narieme evergreen.
prompt: [0/400].
1 extra: art
Last edited by recherché. on Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
recherché.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meduz » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:45 pm

This is beautiful
x
x
x
x

xxxxxx
Hello!

𝙻𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜:
𝙼𝚢 𝙺𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚜
Blue Rose auction

xxxxxx
Meduz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby redhorizon » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:45 pm

Mark

Boosh unless we're friends ♡ He/him ♡ Trans/Bi ♡ ASD ♡ Partner (12/15/2019)

Artist/Designer
Linecook
Flutist

Harry Styles & Horizon #1 Fanboy

My partner, dog, rats and comfort games ARE my life

PFP by me, sig by Onlyhalfpigeon
redhorizon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CowsgoHehe » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:45 pm

Username: CowsgoHehe
Kalon name: Gaia
How do they commune with nature?: 400 word AND/OR one art piece maximum
I brushed back a lock of my hair, taking another step toward her. Each step I took left behind a dark almost black colored substance. My eyes threatened to unleash the wave of tears I had been holding in for what felt like forever. I tried to turn around, run away from her. My paws felt glued to the jungle floor, and my throat began to close. I struggled to breathe, drowning. I felt a sharp pain in my thigh, then my head and my ear. The wind came from the east, seemingly out of nowhere. In a raspy, almost human voice it spoke…
“My dear, have you forgotten I am in control of you? Make one wrong move and I take your life”
My body shivered as it was forced in a kneel, into a bow. She was right. I was testing the limits. If I didn’t do her will, it would cost me my life.

I sat on the stone bench in my mother’s garden, chatting to my best friend Bethany. The two of us were talking about which boys were cute, and which weren’t. I couldn’t help but feel a bit jealous, looking at her. Despite the two of us being close friends, there was never a lack of tension in the air. Though it was never said aloud, we constantly judged one another for everything. From the houses we lived to the way we looked, our friendship was more a rivalry. A competition.
Bethany tucked a lock of her wavy blond hair behind her ear, moving the conversation to what color she should dye her ends. I acted interested, though my focus was merely on myself.
As Bethany went on about how good she would look with a touch of purple in her locks, I heard an eerie voice in the wind. Both of us were startled, our eyes wide and full of confusion. I strutted across the large garden, the size of an Olympic pool, looking for the cause of the voice. The two of us shrugged it off until we hear it again. Calling our names.
We walked up to the private woods that my parents had purchased. Not hesitating, Bethany went in. She never came out.

1 extra: 300 words and/or one additional art piece
I heard a low deep growl and bright yellow eyes glowed. Even the sun ran away in fright, the sky a deep purple. The growl became louder and louder until I began to see the shape of a creature. One who was built for speed and had canines sharp enough to tear through my flesh.
I urged by paws to move, yet I stayed still as if cement had dried on them. I heard a roar, then a dozen smaller wolves appeared behind it. Their hot sticky breath on my neck. Claws cutting my back. Sharp pain in my thigh. Pain. Deep hollow pain. That was all I remembered.
My head throbbed, the worst migraine I had ever had. I sat up, feeling lightheaded. My vision was far from good and everything seemed to hurt. I touched my head and felt blood. Was I dead?
A beautiful woman stood before me, draped in silk, her piercing green eyes staring into my soul.
There was something unreal about her voice. Her lips didn’t move, yet I heard the words in my head, each one like a song. “Gaia”, her voice boomed in my head, “I’ll give you a choice. You can either live and serve me, or you can join your dead friend.”
My name wasn’t Gaia. It was Margaux.
She continued, “If you serve me for the next 80 years you will get 80 more years to live. You won’t age a day you serve me, Mother Nature. From now on, however, you shall live with a new name. You will start a new life. You will be my apprentice. However, you make one wrong move… and you join Bethany”.
I had no other choice. I said I would serve her. I didn’t realize what it would cost me.
Last edited by CowsgoHehe on Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
hi :)

CowsgoHehe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ja986 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:45 pm

So pretty! :o
✞ I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it.
I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." And He stretched his arms on the arms on the cross and died. ✞

Silence is our enemy, our voices can end it.
Ja986

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deerbroken » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:46 pm

Username: lavender towns
      Kalon name: Hellebore [a type of flower that blooms in the winter.]
      Often goes by Helene as well.
      How do they commune with nature?:

“Why do you wear those gloves?”

She’d heard the question countless times, but it caught her off guard coming from the small child standing at the counter to watch her work. Her ears twitched as she stood before a brewing pot, her paw idly reaching for a small bundle of lamb’s ear that lay on the shelf near her. She took a soft breath to soothe her nerves, and glanced over at the young man.

“Magical spells like this require the utmost purity,” she began, giving the young boy a smile before returning her attention to her brew. “Even the slightest trace of dirt could contaminate the potion and ruin the spell. It’s a must-have.”

The kit tilts his head, paws on the wooden counter as he stands on the tips of his toes to better see what Hellebore is doing.

“But you wear them all the time,” he states. “I saw it.”

“One can never be too safe.” She chuckles nervously, her paws gripped tightly around a wooden spoon as she begins to churn the strange green slurry before her.

Truth be told, the woman was lying. She had to wear gloves, and sometimes even a mask, because from her paws and eyes a mysterious goop would flow. But she could not say so. Perhaps out of embarrassment, or perhaps out of fear of being run out of town for being a necromancer. She couldn’t risk it.

———

When she first developed the odd ailment, she thought nothing of it.

It started after a long night of foraging. The forest she’d chosen was oddly misty, and she swore she could hear faint voices whispering nearby, despite the woods being completely devoid of any people or wildlife.

As she weeded through the low-laying grass, she found rarer ingredients that she’d not expected to see in the thicket, and even considered herself lucky for a moment.

And then it started.

Her paws began to feel numb, and a black substance flowed from beneath her paws, from the edges of her eyes. She stared in awe at her goop-covered fingers, confused and intrigued at the marvel happening before her. She began to realize, however, that as the goop fell from her hands, the solution stuck to the ground, leaving the grass as though it had just been burned in a wildfire. She stared, now terrified, watching as more and more of the brush that surrounded her died, the bushes and patches of vegetation all wilting.

She ran home sobbing, throwing herself into bed and huddling under the covers. She had hoped it was just a dream.

But the next morning, she was forced to accept her new reality.

It was terrible, at first. Hellebore’s life revolved around herbs and medicine, the kalon a natural alchemist. It was more than just a job for her, too, because she loved the craft with a passion. When she found that every ingredient she touched became wilted and gray, she fell to her knees, the black tears running from her eyes and contaminating the decaying leaves in her paws even further.

How could this happen? What had caused it?

She wracked her brain for answers, but came up with nothing. Perhaps she was being punished by the gods. For what, she did not know.

Time went on. The secretion proved to be a devastating annoyance. Eventually the kalon tried dawning a pair of thick garden gloves, frustrated and desperate for a solution.

She found that she could finally touch the earth again without harming it.

She felt a weight fall off of her shoulders.

She could return to making potions.

———

The kalon blinked, her eyes focusing on the bundle of garlic hanging from the shelf in front of her, and a laugh escaped her lips as she realized she’d been daydreaming. What was once her greatest curse now felt as though only a bittersweet memory. So long as she was careful, the ailment was nothing more than a nuisance when it came time to bathe.

She glanced to the kit at her counter, his eyes on her, wide with curiosity. She laughed again and smiled at him.

“It’s nothing for you to worry about.”

[700 / 400 + 300 extra words]
Last edited by deerbroken on Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 22tabby » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:47 pm

Mark! This is amazing, might just watch but who knows
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
being a sheep leads to boredom, being a wolf leads to loneliness. one must choose their fate carefully.
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
No one will change the person
I am. The person I've become.
And none should try to. Ever.

──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
Coding by косатка.
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

"what i do is temporary, but what i leave behind is forever." - Markiplier
22tabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mimu » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:01 am

xxxxusername;Mimuxx name;Valeska
      xxxxextra; + more wordsxxprompt; >>
      Valeska looked down at her paws, to see black goo seeping out of them. Feeling the sting in her eyes, as they started to fill up with tears. Quickly whipping them away with the back of her hands, pulling them from her face to see more black goo spread at the back of her hand. Letting out a small shaky sigh, moving her dark eyes to see a filed filled with dead flowers and crops. Vast mountains filled with the cream dark color of dead plants. As she moved her hands beside her, looking straight ahead from the damage she has done. Ignoring the call of nature around her, from the thick goo that comes from her eyes, hands and nose. With the air thick around her, letting out small breaths as she moved her feet, feeling the dead grass under her crunch as she cringed from the sound. Feeling her throat becoming dry as she smelt the dead air, with her goo leaving a black path from her steps. Now, let's take it back two years ago. Valeska sat on her bed with thick gloves on, covering her hands away from the maid. "Miss, are you alright?" said the maid in her sweet voice, with Valeska nodded as she slowly got up from her Queen bed and walked over towards her window. Looking out to see vast mountains filled with bright greens, as her castle wall filled with wall flowers and vines, wrapping them self's around each other as they claim up the wall. With the maid cleaning her bed, as a thick silence filled the room. Soon the maid spoke up cutting the silence, "The south side of the kingdom with it's flowers are dying." she said lifting the thin blanket of the sheet into the air as it slowly fell down onto the bed. Valeska felt a small pain go to her, as she felt her body go forward at it's will. Luckily the maid didn't see, as Valeska quickly stood straight. Letting out a cough with a swift movement of her body to walk over to her mirror. Valeska looked different from her self, she looked tired and not much younger than she looked. "The preacher's say nature is calling, but they don't know what it's calling out for." she said, as she was done cleaning Valeska bed. Valeska felt her face scrunch up in anger, as she turned her body towards the maid. "Ignore the call" she said, as she looked into the maids eyes, "It's nothing but bull." she said walking over to her bed as she sat back down onto it. With that the maid nodded, walking out the room with her little roller of washed clothes. Valeska felt her self become hot from anger, as the black goo started to come out of her gloves and drop onto the clean sheets. Feeling her mind become dizzy from the blood rushing to her head, as she got up from her bed, quickly grabbing the closes thing she can get and throwing it into the ground. As she did so, the large vase of flowers crashed onto the ground making a loud 'bang'. Valeska breath became heavy as she looked towards the vase filled with flowers, to see them dead with no color in them. Valeska shook her head as she slipped her tight gloves off from her hands, making them fall onto the ground with black goo seeping out of them. "it's nothing." she said to her self, walking out of her room. But she wishes she accepted that call from god. As she walked down the pasts to known where, as her black goo runs quickly down her dark army green dress. Valeska was a walking disease, for death of nature...
Last edited by Mimu on Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:58 am, edited 7 times in total.
Mimu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me