Based on Click to view
Artist the folly of man [gallery]
Time spent 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Mothling #4

Postby the folly of man » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:52 am

yay! another mothling!

this one is gonna be a little bit more difficult to enter for, because I really like them!
for the prompt, tell me how they lost their antennae fluff!
you have a minimum of 200 words, and a max of 1000.
you may also have one extra drawing you can add.

Code: Select all
username:
mothling name:
mothling gender:
prompt (200-1000 words):
★ the folly of man ★
folly/skelly/bazil ☻ it/any genderfluid ☻ adult

ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxM

➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

hi i'm folly i like to draw and stuff. not super active here
outside of adopting pets, but i do use oekaki sometimes !
i'm kind of forgetful so please don't be scared to PM me
if you think i've forgotten anything i owe you! ^_^

ImageImage
ImageImage
pfp by my buddy jonah hi oomfie
the folly of man

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mothling #4

Postby ♤ᴄᴀʟʟ_ᴍᴇ_ᴍᴀᴘʟᴇsʜᴀᴅᴇ♤ » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:03 am

username: I_Am_Garbage
mothling name: Moss
mothling gender: Male
prompt (200-1000 words):

Moss once lived a normal mothling life. He flied around, played with other mothlings, and had an amazing life. But he was not like other mothlings. He was curious about what's inside the forest. Other mothlings warned him not to go there. But he was stubborn like a mule, and decided to go there one day.

And so he did the next morning. He flied out of the lighthouse, hoping no one noticed. He flied into the forest. It was dark there. Since Moss was afraid of darkness, he quickly got back to the lighthouse, and returned to the forest with a candle. The light was so pure and the energy just hypnotized him. He burnt some lf his antennae fluff. But that's not how he lost it.

He threw away the candle into the sea, then continued his adventure without it. It was pitch black. Moss was scared. But he got into the forest anyways. There were other moths there, but they were just regular moths, not mothlings. He got into a fight with them, and lost some of his antennae fluff. He decided to go on though.

After hours of walking, he stumbled upon a strange creature. It was furry, massive, yet fluffy. It had greyish fur. The creature started growling at Moss, and then, more creatures like this lurked out of the bushes. Moss flied away to save his life. But then, one of the creatures, trying to catch the mothling, ripped the rest of his antennae fluff off. Somehow, Moss escaped, but he never got back to the forest because of the trauma.

(269 words)

xxxxxxxxxxxx
✼ ᴛᴇᴀʀ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇs, ✼

words words words words words words words words
Draw Me A Species WC Character Storage #StopHorseAbuse CaveClan RP Sakuraclan - RISE[url]✼[/url]
©

✼Sᴋɪɴ ᴛᴏ ʙᴏɴᴇ✼
xxxxxxxxxxxx

♤ᴄᴀʟʟ_ᴍᴇ_ᴍᴀᴘʟᴇsʜᴀᴅᴇ♤

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cleodora soleil <3 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:08 pm

username: dairychildren
mothling name: fern
mothling gender: female, other mothlings tend to confuse her for a male, but that's only because her eyelashes are covered up by her hair
prompt (200-1000 words):
fern didn't like her family that much.
no, actually, it wasn't that she didn't like her family that much, she hated her family. her family was so much more different than her. the color of their eyes and fur, the way that they walked and talked, their interests, heck, even the way they styled their long, sleek hair was nothing like the way that fern styled her short, yet messy hair. fern was so different, she thought her family was oh so...repulsive...
so one day, fern ran away.
fern ran away from her home, everything that she had ever known for her whole life. she wanted to stay as far away from her family as she could. she ran and ran and ran, farther than her legs could take her. and when she got tired of walking, she just floated away.
then, fern met the love of her life.
she didn't know what he looked like, as he always crept in the shadows of his cave. but she could see the light he gave off. the flickering, alluring light. fern loved it so much, and therefore she loved him. she would always talk to him next to the opening to his cavern, but it was pretty much torture for her not to be able to see him.
so one day, fern made the biggest mistake of her life.
while her crush was sleeping, fern crept into his cave. the light inside his cave was always flickering in and out, and as she looked for her crush, the light was out.
then, the light flickered on.
fern's crush was actually an angler fish...if angler fishes had a beast's body and a long tail with a massive, hulking claw at the end of it. the light protruding from his head woke him up, and he opened his two white, glassy eyes. fern wanted to run, but vines were wrapping around her legs, preventing her from leaving. the creature growled loudly.
"if you don't leave right now, then i'll make you leave," the furious creature said.
"p-please, go easy on me, i c-can't mo-"
but it was too late. he had already attacked fern, pinning her to the ground. first, he mauled her eyes, then one of her antennae, and then flung her out of the cave. fern floated away quickly, terrified. eventually, she came across a lighthouse, and has been living there ever since.
(if this is more than 1000 words, then tell me, i'll shorten it!)
i'm cleo. xe/xem.

looking for wishlist items.
ImageImage

cleodora soleil <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neferp1tou » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:58 am

username: --beryl--

mothling name: chiri

mothling gender: male

prompt (200-1000 words):
Chiri had been looking for a new barber/hairstylist for what had seemed like ages ever since his last one retired. This is why he had been roaming around random barber shops to watch their work and to determine whether or not he liked their service. Chiri walked into the 3rd shop, examining the area carefully. His hair has always been something very important to him, so he had to make sure whoever cut his hair was the best of the best.

Though, after some time of walking around town endlessly and trying to find barbers that met his strict standards, he just gave up and decided to go back to the last one he visited.

Chiri sluggishly crawled back in through the door, paid, then sat down in the salon chair, patiently waiting to meet the new barber.
The barber hurried to Chiri and asked this only, "Short or Medium?" , to which Chiri questioned almost instantly. But, it's not like he had much time; the barber started chopping away and accidentally ended up chopping off part of his antennae.

Chiri shrieked in pain, but mostly out of absolute petrified terror. He sat there, holding the amputated antennae and tearing up. Everything that never should of happened had happened that day, and he claims it to be the worst experience of his life. He ended fixing his hair by brushing it and letting it grow out, but now has a uncontrolable fear of letting other people cut, or even touch his beloved hair. (wordcount; 253)

neferp1tou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShortyGinger » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:55 pm

username: shortyginger
mothling name: Lattice
mothling gender: Female
prompt (200-1000 words):
Lattice was a very simple moth. She loved to flitter about the garden in which she lived, and she loved to land on a rather large, brown trellis that overlooked it. It was a magnificent sight it all was- the roses, petunias, daffodils... The perfect view was from this outpost of hers. She blended in perfectly with the vines that called the trellis home due to the pattern on her wings. Nothing could see her to prey on her from there.
Then as time went on, it got colder outside. The flowers soon went from blooming brightly, to dull and covered in frost. Lattice no longer could gaze upon the beautiful sight she once could. She laid her head against the wood of the trellis and cried. She had no desire to lift her head to see the ugly sight that had befallen her garden. There Lattice laid for as long as she could until eventually she grew hungry enough to have to get up.
When she tried to rise however, she was stuck. Her left antennae had been entangled in one of the vines that rapidly climbed the trellis. She struggled to break free of the vine, but she was too weak from hunger. There wasn't a way she could salvage her appendage. Lattice had to painfully yank until all that was left was a short tuft of her former antenna.
The ordeal taught her that she had to move on with her life. She couldn't just mope around when things didn't go her way. She had to grow as an individual and accept that bad things will happen in life. Waiting around for things to happen without taking action will only make things worse.
ShortyGinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby the folly of man » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:34 pm

ShortyGinger wrote:username: shortyginger
mothling name: Lattice
mothling gender: Female
prompt (200-1000 words):
Lattice was a very simple moth. She loved to flitter about the garden in which she lived, and she loved to land on a rather large, brown trellis that overlooked it. It was a magnificent sight it all was- the roses, petunias, daffodils... The perfect view was from this outpost of hers. She blended in perfectly with the vines that called the trellis home due to the pattern on her wings. Nothing could see her to prey on her from there.
Then as time went on, it got colder outside. The flowers soon went from blooming brightly, to dull and covered in frost. Lattice no longer could gaze upon the beautiful sight she once could. She laid her head against the wood of the trellis and cried. She had no desire to lift her head to see the ugly sight that had befallen her garden. There Lattice laid for as long as she could until eventually she grew hungry enough to have to get up.
When she tried to rise however, she was stuck. Her left antennae had been entangled in one of the vines that rapidly climbed the trellis. She struggled to break free of the vine, but she was too weak from hunger. There wasn't a way she could salvage her appendage. Lattice had to painfully yank until all that was left was a short tuft of her former antenna.
The ordeal taught her that she had to move on with her life. She couldn't just mope around when things didn't go her way. She had to grow as an individual and accept that bad things will happen in life. Waiting around for things to happen without taking action will only make things worse.

winner! I liked how there was a moral of the story and all that

everyone else did wonderfully, too!
★ the folly of man ★
folly/skelly/bazil ☻ it/any genderfluid ☻ adult

ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxM

➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

hi i'm folly i like to draw and stuff. not super active here
outside of adopting pets, but i do use oekaki sometimes !
i'm kind of forgetful so please don't be scared to PM me
if you think i've forgotten anything i owe you! ^_^

ImageImage
ImageImage
pfp by my buddy jonah hi oomfie
the folly of man

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups