Artist Midnightkitkat [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Zailune

Lore Fox #29 - Fawn - Winner up

Postby Midnightkitkat » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:54 pm

Lore Foxes are assistants used by magic-users in libraries and act as wonderful historians and messengers, gathering up and hoarding scrolls. They survive on knowledge itself, and thus are constantly searching to learn more and more to keep healthy and content.

All lore foxes carry a source of knowledge with them, as it is necessary for their summoning and often they place their favorite stories on these blank books/pages. These can be anything that can provide a story (within reason); including books, scrolls, etched/carved tablets, papers, carved jewelry, origami with writing on it, ect. for a more modern take, things like laptops-ipods, cell phones, ebooks,ect are also allowed.

Edits
Common: Hair

Owned by Zailune

I'm so excited to be a GA for this species!!!
For this Fox please give me a flower and explain how it represents something about them.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Fox name:[/b]
[b]Flower?:[/b]

Ends 3/4/19 at rollover
Last edited by Midnightkitkat on Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lore Fox #29 - Fawn - Open

Postby lumilys » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:08 pm

username
teaochii

fox name
riaye

flower
tbd

explanation
w.i.p.
lumilys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Canis Root Tea » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:10 pm

Username: Canis Root Tea
Fox name: Vixen
Flower?: Vixen's flower of choice is the snapdragon.
There are two main reasons why I've chosen this particular flower;

1. "Legend has it that concealing a snapdragon makes a person appear fascinating and cordial, and in the language of flowers, snapdragons are said to represent both deception (perhaps tied to the notion of concealment) and graciousness." - quote from teleflora
Vixen is an assistant for a court librarian. She is usually surrounded by nobles and royalty, so she must always be on her best behavior. Prim, proper, and always gracious Vixen acts like a true lady and tries to look the part too. It is a rewarding job, but very exhausting to keep up with all of the fancy rules and the latest fashions in the court. While it is not a bad "deception," how she acts in the court is not who Vixen really is. When her work is over, she loves to lounge comfortably, without worrying about her appearance, and ditches the formal speech etiquette for more casual discussions. While she loves her job in the court, she is not a noblewoman at heart, and instead loves to get out of the court and frolic in the gardens.

2. Snapdragons look like the side of a dragon's mouth. When pinched, it's almost as if they're speaking. Vixen's favorite stories are those about dragons - but her favorite story is one where a dragon was not in fact evil like many other stories. This story was different, and the dragon was very calm and spoke in riddles. A village in debt asked for help from the dragon, since he had a large amount of gold. The dragon told them that he would help them only if they solved the riddle. It took a year of research from the village, but they finally figured out that the answer to the riddle was a special fruit that had been extinct for a long time. When they went back to the dragon, frightful that it was a joke to him since they could not actually bring back the answer to the riddle, he congratulated them and in return gave them a seed of the extinct fruit. It grew almost instantly and provided the village many basket fulls of fruit. They were able to sell the fruit to repay their debt, and it attracted many people to their village to look upon the once long ago fruit. The village was now prosperous, and they gave the dragon much love and celebrations for his help.

she/her | adult
Canis Root Tea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paopu » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:33 pm

Username: Blaytz
Fox name: Hellebore
Flower?:
Hellebore in the language of flowers, represents scandal and slander. While generally these flower were given as a warning more than a threat, at their basest level these flowers represent who Helle is. She loves gossip and drama and actively seeks both out to fill her scroll with. Some Lore Foxes prefer to keep their scrolls full of practical or niche thins, but Helle's is just full with notes about rumors. That being said, not everything about this flower and, thus, about Helle herself, has a negative connotation. It's used in both magic and practical healing. In witchcraft it's often used to treat mental or emotional afflictions as well as for protection. Helle embodies these ideas and is very good at helping people work through their feelings. She's also incredibly protective by nature. She might like to watch drama unfold, but if any of her friends are caught up in it she will fight by their side till the end. Talk trash about someone she cares about and she'll tear you apart, one rumor at a time.
x
x
x
    they/them

if two people share one
    their destines become
    intertwined they'll remain
    a part of each other's lives
    no matter what

paopu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aloe. » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:39 pm

Username: Forest Green
Fox name: Theaceae
Flower?: Theaceae, who is a big fan of nature, truly adores the Camellia Blossom. They are elegant and poise, while also sweet scented and bright. Coming in many colours, Theaceae especially loves white Camellias as they renew her purity and faith. Although she despises the idea of killing these plants, she cannot help but love the nectary taste of Camellia flavoured tea. Camellias are long lasting, and can live from 100-200 years if nurtured properly. In the language of flowers, Camellia stands for adoration, devotion and loveliness. Theaceae will forever love these beautiful flowers, for they are the only thing that can remind her of her own beauty and value in the world.
Image from Google Images
aloe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stormowalf » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:33 am

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

Allure

Stormowalf - She/Her - 16
a young part time archivist for her town's
City Hall, despite its small size, her
town has a rich history and needs the
aid of an archivist to keep everything
in order. She is also an author-in-training
and would love to become a successful
author in the future.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Dahlias; a symbol for elegance, dignity, inner strength and creativity.

Allure loved Dahlias, as a small kit her mother planted bunches of them in the large garden in their backyard. She still remembers when she watched her mother's pristine white back as she bent down to tend to the dainty little flowers in their soft flower bed. Allure never really understood her mother's unwavering joy for gardening, to her it seemed too much work but she still enjoyed sniffing all the blooming flowers in spring, they smelled oh so sweet.

Her mother often told her to be like a Dahalia, she practically was brought up one, elegant and to hold her head high with dignity. Allure was a lady, she swaggered around town with an elegance that no other could mimic. As her mother often taught her, she pointed her snout to the sky and flashed a regal grin to passersby. Many laughed at her. They told her no woman should have that much confidence, that she should keep her head down and bowed to those males, or else she'd never get a mate.
Allure did not care. She had suitors but she turned most of them down. She valued her freedom over a man. She had strived to become an author when she was a little kit. She had the creativity for one anyways, she had ideas no other could even think of. Worlds no other could even begin to explore. She worked part-time in the city hall archive to keep food on the table but her ultimate dream? Would definitely to be a successful author.
Dahlias bear many meanings and even though she could not even begin to say that she could represent them all, Allure loves the beautiful flowers so.
Last edited by Stormowalf on Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.
𝔸 ℝ𝕀𝕍𝔼ℝ 𝕔𝕦𝕥𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙

xxxxx 𝕒 ℝ𝕆ℂ𝕂 𝕟𝕠𝕥
𝕓𝕖𝕔𝕒𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕚𝕥𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕎𝔼ℝ,
xxxxx𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕚𝕥𝕤
ℙ𝔼ℝ𝕊𝕀𝕊𝕋𝔼ℕℂ𝔼

texttextexttexttexttexttexttexttext
kalons ♒︎ xxx ♒︎ TH
ImageImage
My name's Wren and I'm largely inactive on CS now rip
pfp credit ♒︎ xxx ♒︎ friendo!
texttextexttexttexttexttexttexttext
Stormowalf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zailune » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:50 pm

Image Image
----------------------

Heya, it's Zail - feel free to message me about anything! I'm online pretty frequently.
I may be a bit of a weirdo but I mean well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lots of love for those struggling, too. You're not alone.
Zailune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lore Fox #29 - Fawn - Closed

Postby Midnightkitkat » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:22 am

Oh gosh! You all made such beautiful forms! Apologies for taking so long but I finally believe I am ready to choose a winner for this beauty♡♡

And the winner is Zailune!
      I was blown away when I seen your form O.O
      I loved how you incorporated your flower, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Pear.
      I'm excited to see where you take her in the future! ^-^/
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
"We have calcium in our bones,
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
carbon in our souls,
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
☆ ☆ ☆
☆ ☆ ☆
◇◇◇
My SZ Herd
◇◇◇
☆ ☆ ☆
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
93 percent stardust,
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
we are all just stars that have
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lore Fox #29 - Fawn - Winner up

Postby Zailune » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:49 pm

Aa thank you so much! I had so much fun writing for her, I'm looking forward to developing her more and I'm excited aa
She's stunning aa ;v;
Image Image
----------------------

Heya, it's Zail - feel free to message me about anything! I'm online pretty frequently.
I may be a bit of a weirdo but I mean well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lots of love for those struggling, too. You're not alone.
Zailune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me