WAR || Adopt || #157 by Magnaskies

Based on Click to view
Artist Magnaskies [gallery]
Time spent 36 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

WAR || Adopt || #157

Postby Magnaskies » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:29 pm

Warrens Across Regions is an online rabbit ARPG that revolves around major character and world building. Here you will create your own Warren, raise your rabbits and protect what is yours from Elil and rabbit alike. WAR gives you the option of writing or drawing, so just because you can’t do one or the other does not restrict you. Almost everything in WAR is rolling based. So pray to the Frith for good luck!

WAR #157

In order to win this rabbit you must be at Level 1, not have a founder, or not have a founder in progress

Reverse root beer float? (+ partial blindness)

It seems that this bun is pretty old. What's their story?
(500 words max + 1 art piece)
(feel free to go above word limit as long as you break it up so I can read it easily)

Blumoonwolf wrote:Username: Blumoonwolf
Link to Warren: here!
Rabbit Level: Basic
Rabbit Stats: Adds up to 5
Survival: 3
Stamina:
Strength:
Knowledge: 2
Rabbits name: Iphyne "Iph"
Rabbits Gender: Doe
Prompt: -snip-

End Date: 1 Week From Now
(MARCH 1ST)
Last edited by Magnaskies on Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Magnaskies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WAR || Adopt || #157

Postby Yuroshi » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:41 pm

Username: yuroshi
Link to Warren:
Survival: 2
Stamina: 0
Strength: 0
Knowledge: 3
Rabbits name: Zorn
Rabbits Gender: Buck
Prompt:
Zorn wrote:My life was not an easy one, Roo. I have suffered, perhaps more than most... but I survived. And that, in the end, is all that matters. No matter how much you lose, from food, to your senses, to even your loved ones... until the Black Rabbit takes you, you must never give up. I’d been wandering for a long, long time before I found you, because giving up is simply not an option.
Let me tell you a tale, one of a Warren once strong. One of a warren destroyed by arrogance.
My old warren valued strength above all else- if you didn’t have it, you were trash. Does were neglected when food was scarce, for only the Owsla mattered. We were encouraged to actively seek Elil, in the hopes that we could destroy them... our Rah was strong, but he was a fool. The does became weak, and our tunnels were no longer dug. Without them, we could not rest, so all were weaker- tensions ran high, and the bloodlust no longer only ran towards Elil. The rabbits began to fight amongst themselves... and that was why disaster struck. Our warren wasn’t deep enough to save us when the Elil, drawn by the scent of blood spilled by our own warren, struck. It was slaughter- and me? I was simply lucky... even then I was old. Worthless. So I was to be gathering food for others.. when I returned to my old warren, none were left alive. That sight... it will haunt me to the end of my days. The Disaster is why I can See the way I do now. I have knowledge, and ability, but it came at a horrible price... Roo, I hope that I can keep you from making the same mistakes of my old warren.
Do not forget the necessity of balance.

You wish to know more of my actual journey? Well... I don’t know how much I could tell you. There is not much that would make sense to a mind like yours. You see... the Black Rabbit followed me on my journey. She walked beside me as I went, accompanying me after taking the souls of the rest of my warren. I should not have survived that day, and the Black Rabbit did not know that I had, in the beginning. I believe that is why she began to take my sight, although I suppose it is a blessing, after the carnage I witnessed... yet it was not my time. She took my sight mistakenly, believing I had no more use to see on this plane, but realized her mistake, and gifted me with the Sight, to see spirits, to see beyond. She walked beside me as I ventured here, keeping me safe.
While I am blessed, I am also cursed, to both See, and be Blind.

The world simply faded away as I walked on, Black Rabbit above me...
Last edited by Yuroshi on Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Yuroshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby denja » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:45 pm

mark! in love,,,
denja

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RosslynRouge » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:31 pm

Username: RosslynRouge
Link to Warren: Warren of the Golden Sun
Stamina: 0
Strength: 0
Rabbits name: Nightshade
Rabbits Gender: Buck
Prompt:

Nightshade was born the runt, fragile and slow. He was thrown from his warren the moment he could survive on his own. The young buck was terrified, but he was quick, and full of cunning. He hid in the thick gorse and slept among the brambles; fed on the small shoots and berries he could find.

Each season saw him grow leaner and angrier; he resented the warren that rejected him, the rabbits that chose to leave him in the cold to appease their elil. They needed to pay for his hardships, to suffer as he had. The young rabbit had never strayed too far from the warren, for reasons he couldn't begin to explain. But now it served its purpose.

It was Winter when he acted; drawing the occasional rabbit out into the elils' paths, or even into the crags hidden under the snow. The warren was grief-stricken, but attributed their losses to the season. Nightshade's vengeance was underway; he was patient, every day of cold his opportunity to weaken the warren.
Then, the third in a row, he realised the power at his paws when he discovered the rounded black berries. Beside them, a small mouse, still, its mouth covered in the dark juice. He had found what he needed; it was him who would end the warren.

The berries were plentiful, and he dragged the branches towards the burrows, careful to keep the thick reeds wrapped around the places he bit. This was his gift to the warren, a supply of food when they needed it most; berries that would at last end their hunger.

Within a week, the burrows were silent.

---

It was only as he aged that the remorse began to drown him, occupying every part of his mind. He could no longer flee elil as he once did; it was time to leave. Nightshade's journey across fields and forests lasted too long to count. But he knew that he had reached his final destination as he watched the sunset.
Clouded over, the colourful light blazed before him for the final time. When he awoke from his rest in the darkness of the night, his vision was gone. It was time to stop running.

That was when his new warren found him; distraught, regretful, and alone, he finally found his hope in the young rabbits that surrounded him. They were not full of hatred and rage as he had always been; they were better than him. Perhaps he could learn something from them.

The old buck was finally somewhere where he could be cared for. Somewhere he could have friends; family. Nobody here knew of his horrifying actions. They were something that only he needed, for they were his punishment; his torment. To share them would be to break another warren. To cause harm to those who finally accepted him.

He never forgot what he had done to the warren; when he was alone with his thoughts, he was cursed with the memories. He knew the name of every one that he had lured out, seen them from a distance, playing with their friends, doing their best to serve the warren.
The only images he could still see were in his dreams; and they were plagued with death, the cries of rabbits mourning; he could see the elil closing in on their victims, the collapse of the snow covering the traps.
Every night, he would see the dark berries. Only, this time it was him that ate them; and his vision would slowly fade as he began to wake. It was as if the souls of those he wronged had finally returned to torment him.

Nightshade could never be unburdened of his past; but he could pass his survival skills onto this warren. He could, for once, do some good for others. This was his repentance. He could never be forgiven, not even by himself; but he would try his best to bring as least some happiness and assistance to these rabbits.

He did not deserve it, but here he was. Living comfortably, with no obvious consequences for what he had done. His own self-punishment would have to be enough. Fate had brought him to this new home; and fate would no doubt find a way to make him pay, in time.
Even if the rest of his life was short, however, he would finally have what he had always been deprived of: a home.
Last edited by RosslynRouge on Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image
rosslyn | he/they
RosslynRouge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Magnaskies » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:32 am

(feel free to go above word limit as long as you break it up so I can read it easily)
Indefinite hiatus, I'm sorry!
Magnaskies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Magnaskies » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:05 pm

ends tomorrow or the day after around 3-4pm pst
Magnaskies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blumoonwolf » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:05 am

Username: Blumoonwolf
Stamina:
Strength:
Prompt:
"Why do we not cherish Inlé as we do Frith, mama?"
Nothing ever did make much sense to her.

She realized the importance of Frith, of course. The sun was light, it was warmth in the cold and assurance that the hostilities of the night would come to an end sooner or later. The night, which she so fondly called Inlé, was none of these. It was dark, it was cold, and it was very, very uncertain. But she found company in the round moon-eye of the black rabbit. To her, it was another soul she could whisper her stories to. Countless nights were spent looking at the moon, her only source of light when her eyes began to cloud over.

Rabbits of her original warren whispered that it was the black rabbit of Inlé who stole the color from her eyes. It was the black rabbit of Inlé who began giving rabbits prophetic dreams of disaster. But as snares began to trip more and more rabbits, and wanderings and disappearances occurred more and more, it became less about the rabbit of Inlé, and more about Iphyne. Iphyne, the one who had caused all this misfortune. Her friends and family, rabbits who she'd known all her life, soon acted cold and unfamiliar to her.

"Oh Inlé!" She cried out into the night. "Why does this bad luck haunt my every step, when I have done nothing wrong but love you?" The injustice of it burned her lung as she cried out her anguish to the only remaining set of ears willing to hear her voice. But now all she longed for was a voice to assure her.

There was only silence.

Within weeks, Iphyne left her warren. She left in the dead of night, for it made no difference to her whether Frith was out or not. Her world was forever darkened. She stumbled along through hillside and forest. She continued far past the time her limbs had begun aching, past her stinging paws and tangled pelt, even past the point where the pain all melted together into one big Hurt everywhere. It was pure luck, the kind she was unfamiliar with, that she was kept safe until she could dig a resting place in the soft mud of a dried river. She collapsed and fell into a deep sleep.

She awoke to curious snuffling by her head.
"Oh! You're awake. She's awake. You looked mighty awful. Ost- thank you, thank you. Here, berry. Have a berry, hah. Oh your eyes- here, follow my thump. There you go."
Her voice could barely croak out a measly, "thank you." How she longed to say so much more at such kindness, but she was too weak for more words.

"Let's take you home, okay?"
    I hope you have a lovely day/night <3
Blumoonwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Magnaskies » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:00 pm

Blumoonwolf wrote:Username: Blumoonwolf
Stamina:
Strength:
Prompt: -snip-

It was incredibly hard to pick between this and Yuroshi's form. I really loved the "to both see, and be blind" part, I thought it was very clever... But Blu's story was just wonderful, it tugged at my heart. ❤ Congrats to Blumoonwolf!
Magnaskies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuroshi » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:27 pm

Congrats!!! I loved your story too, and that depiction of the little fluff as a child... gosh it was so sweet and sad, ahhh
I know my art (and especially the picture of it) isn’t the best quality but feel free to keep it!
And thank you so much Chausie for the mention ❤️

PM's are always open, no matter what.
Have a wonderful day~

Avatar done by the amazing QueenNyra!!
Yuroshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blumoonwolf » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:25 am

Thank you so much!! I'll take lovely care of Iphyne <33

Yuroshi, your art and story were both absolutely gorgeous and vivid!! I'm extremely happy you've allowed me to keep your drawing as a wonderful first piece, you're so sweet <3
    I hope you have a lovely day/night <3
Blumoonwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me