Kalon readoption by Meduz

Based on Click to view
Artist Meduz [gallery]
Time spent 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Kalon readoption

Postby Meduz » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:29 am

Hello everyone, I'm Meduz. I'm trying to cut down to kals I really connect to and I'm also narrowing down my AUs because I've realised I do my best development when I'm world building rather than working on individual kals. I love this fluffy boy a lot and he's been through some changes in my ownership, but I think he needs to move on. So I'm readopting him.

The prompt for this readopt is going to be the ten year challenge. In case you haven't seen what the ten year challenge is, a bunch of people are posting photos of themselves ten years ago and now. However, there is a twist. A lot changes in ten years not just your appearance: where you live; your job; your taste in music; your friends etc.

Your response to this prompt doesn't have to be a description of how their appearance has changed but how any aspect of their life has changed. You can be as creative as you would like, and can respond in art, descriptions, mood boards, comics, go crazy. Feel free to change the form and pretty up as much as you'd like.

Code: Select all
     Username:
    Kalon Name:
    Kalon ten years ago:
    Kalon in the present:

FAQ
      I will post any questions I get here
      When does this end?
      7th of February but ask for an extension if you need one
      Does it have to be set in 2019?
      No, the 'Kalon in present' section just refers to the present of that kalon's AU. Feel free to set it in the 1800s or the 3000s or whatever your ideas dictate.
      Is there a word minimum or maximum?
      No! And please don't be put off if you're not able to write a whole chunk. I'm mostly going to be looking for development and how the character has changed and the quality of ideas. I want him to get the best owner possible! Obviously this means effort is the most important thing.
      Can we add extras to the form?
      I would prefer it if the extras were linked to the prompt in some way. However, there is no limit to what you can put in the form. I will probably favour prompt related art/words/etc. more highly than just a random mood board or art piece. That being said music is always nice, and effort is going to be a big consideration.
Last edited by Meduz on Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
x
x
x
x

โ—คxxxxxxโ—ฅ
๏ผจ๏ฝ…๏ฝŒ๏ฝŒ๏ฝ๏ผ

๐™ป๐š’๐š—๐š”๐šœ:
๐™ผ๐šข ๐™บ๐šŠ๐š•๐š˜๐š—๐šœ
Blue Rose auction

โ—ฃxxxxxxโ—ข
Meduz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon readoption

Postby Softfeather_04 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:27 am

Old self- shy quiet
New self- lots of friends outgoing actually has fun
Wip wip wipp
Last edited by Softfeather_04 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Softfeather_04

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chickpea » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:54 am

Mark! Cool prompt
Chickpea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 22tabby » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:58 am

Huge mark
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
๏ฝ‚๏ฝ…๏ฝ‰๏ฝŽ๏ฝ‡ ๏ฝ ๏ฝ“๏ฝˆ๏ฝ…๏ฝ…๏ฝ ๏ฝŒ๏ฝ…๏ฝ๏ฝ„๏ฝ“ ๏ฝ”๏ฝ ๏ฝ‚๏ฝ๏ฝ’๏ฝ…๏ฝ„๏ฝ๏ฝ, ๏ฝ‚๏ฝ…๏ฝ‰๏ฝŽ๏ฝ‡ ๏ฝ ๏ฝ—๏ฝ๏ฝŒ๏ฝ† ๏ฝŒ๏ฝ…๏ฝ๏ฝ„๏ฝ“ ๏ฝ”๏ฝ ๏ฝŒ๏ฝ๏ฝŽ๏ฝ…๏ฝŒ๏ฝ‰๏ฝŽ๏ฝ…๏ฝ“๏ฝ“. ๏ฝ๏ฝŽ๏ฝ… ๏ฝ๏ฝ•๏ฝ“๏ฝ” ๏ฝƒ๏ฝˆ๏ฝ๏ฝ๏ฝ“๏ฝ… ๏ฝ”๏ฝˆ๏ฝ…๏ฝ‰๏ฝ’ ๏ฝ†๏ฝ๏ฝ”๏ฝ… ๏ฝƒ๏ฝ๏ฝ’๏ฝ…๏ฝ†๏ฝ•๏ฝŒ๏ฝŒ๏ฝ™.
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
x
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
x
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
No one will change the person
I am. The person I've become.
And none should try to. Ever.

โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
x
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
x
Coding by ะบะพัะฐั‚ะบะฐ.
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
x
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ

"๏ฝ—๏ฝˆ๏ฝ๏ฝ” ๏ฝ‰ ๏ฝ„๏ฝ ๏ฝ‰๏ฝ“ ๏ฝ”๏ฝ…๏ฝ๏ฝ๏ฝ๏ฝ’๏ฝ๏ฝ’๏ฝ™, ๏ฝ‚๏ฝ•๏ฝ” ๏ฝ—๏ฝˆ๏ฝ๏ฝ” ๏ฝ‰ ๏ฝŒ๏ฝ…๏ฝ๏ฝ–๏ฝ… ๏ฝ‚๏ฝ…๏ฝˆ๏ฝ‰๏ฝŽ๏ฝ„ ๏ฝ‰๏ฝ“ ๏ฝ†๏ฝ๏ฝ’๏ฝ…๏ฝ–๏ฝ…๏ฝ’." - Markiplier
22tabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinnamon Heart » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:33 am

Mark
ImageImageImage
she/her or they/them
bi ยฆ BLM
Cinnamon Heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:31 am

username: SpartanAmethyst | | kalon name: Alaska

i got lost, but look what i found:
    There was a time when I couldn't stop myself from crying.

Family-wise, I was completely and utterly alone. My mother had already been gone for some time; she'd been killed in a car wreck on her way home from bible study. I was angry, then; God had allowed the drunk driver that hit her to leave unscathed, but he took my angel, perfect mother? At only eight I denounced God and refused to have anything to do with him. It hurt my father, but it made me feel both better and even more miserable at the same time. Regardless, my mother's family turned their backs on us, so it was just him and I. We were inseparable; we did everything together, from exercising, to gaming, to concerts, I even starting working in his garage at 14 and learned how to fix cars. I had the most amazing dad, but eventually all good things come to an end.

I was only 17 when my father was diagnosed with cancer. Everything happened so fast... The doctors tried everything, every drug, chemotherapy, surgery, anything they could but it was too aggressive, to spread out. He died the day after my 18th birthday. My birthday dinner was spent in a hospital room, and though I didn't know it at the time, it was to be the last meal I'd ever eat with him. Once again, I was angry and hurt, but things continued to get worse; we didn't have a lot of money, so to pay off all of his medical bills I had to sell our cars, our house, the business... I was left with absolutely nothing except a few boxes of belongings, my clothes, our dog Cheech, and a chest full of pain. Luckily I had a friend with a spare bedroom who allowed me to stay with him, even when his girlfriend did nothing but complain about me being there. I stayed in my room most of the time, only coming out to grab the meager food I was able to buy still working at the garage. I quickly lost that job when they "downsized", and resorted to whatever labor I could find. I was burning through my savings too quickly, trying to keep my head above water, but it was all in vain. Cheech passed away three months after my father, the old pit mix going peacefully in his sleep, and after burying him I locked myself in the spare bedroom and didn't leave. Not even Ashe, the girl I'd had a crush on since high school, could pull me out.

It took a few days, but finally I forced myself to stop crying for just long enough to go take a shower and face the world. I tried to go out with Ashe and Jason and the rest of my friends, but I eventually just left because I couldn't handle the smiling or the laughter; I just didn't want to. That night lying in bed I saw a one way ticket to Alaska being advertised; it was a train, and the travel time was long, but Alaska had been a place my father had always wanted to go. It was supposed to be my 18th birthday trip, in fact; I'd chosen it because I knew he'd want to go. It was the reason I was named Alaska, he'd once told me. So, with my last little bit of money, I packed a suitcase of my few belongings and bought the ticket. Maybe a new start was what I needed.

Finding a foothold with no money in a brand new place was difficult, and that was putting it lightly, but I learned quickly that bartering was the law of the land. I did hard labor, farm work, taking care of animals, the whole shebang. I found a family willing to let me stay with them as long as I helped the husband build their new home; I learned construction through him, and was able to start offering that as a barter tool to get what I needed. Little did I know I had a skill that was highly prized, and I never even thought about it until one day I cam across a farmer trying to repair his tractor. I was walking home from another small job when I saw him stranded on the roadside, and I stopped to help. After all, I'd spent pretty much all of my childhood fixing vehicles, so this was something welcome, a task I was more than comfortable with. I helped him fix it and he went on his way; I didn't even charge him. Next thing you know, people from all over town and the next three over were all coming to me, begging me to fix various vehicles and transports. I suddenly had more than I needed; money, food, items; one man even tasked me with fixing his massive industrial crop plow, and in turn gave me the deed to his old hunting cabin out of town. I had a house again, even if it was a fixer upper. I couldn't have been happier.

not all those who wander are lost:
    Then, suddenly, I forgot the darkness that had plagued me for so long.

In six months time I was fully self sufficient. With my skills I was able to make actual money as well as barter with the townsfolk, and I flourished there. Using my now honed carpentry skills, my small hunting cabin was soon fixed and sealed; rooms were added, supports stabilized, and it was fixed up right. I had a greenhouse behind me, a newly built outhouse, and a small shed for smoking the meat I brought back from hunting. I was happy, but I was still lonely. I frequented the bar in town to socialize, and one night I decided to brave the weather and go see the football game on its one tiny television. When I left, it was freezing cold and very, very dark; in a snowbank ahead of me, there was a tiny dark shape lying too still for comfort. Curiosity piqued, I stop to find the frozen body of a tiny puppy; it couldn't have been more than a few days old, and I was sure it was dead. When I picked it up to move the body, though, I heard the tiniest whimper come from its frozen lips and my heart stopped. Quickly I threw off my jacket and wrapped the little one in it, then took off for my new truck as fast as I possibly could. Once inside I cranked the heat up as far as it could go and I hurried home, hoping the little one would be okay.

It took all night, but eventually the little one "thawed out", I tend to kid, and eventually came to. In the warmth of my lap near the fireplace, he started to whine and wriggle. I assumed he was looking for food, so I connected with a friend whose female collie just had puppies, and she agreed to let the little one nurse as long as the mother accepted it. I was there when he first opened his eyes, and he grew up my best friend. It wasn't Cheech, but because he was just mine, it was somehow even more special. Since then my pet list has grown; I have Jiang, then I bartered for an appaloosa mustang colt - heavy-furred and dependable - that I ride whenever I go on hunts. His name is Solstice, and while I didn't always like horses, I love this boy. If I wanted to, I could live out here completely separated from the modern world, eating what I grow and hunt, surviving like our ancestors did and my father always wanted to. But I did invest in a solar panel, and I'm able to have internet and television most of the year. Recently I reconnected with an old friend, Ashe, and we're making plans for her to come visit. If what Jason said is true, she might have had a crush on me all along. Maybe I could convince her to become my Ice Queen, and I'll be her loyal Snow King...
Last edited by SpartanAmethyst on Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
x ================== x
x ================== x
G O O D
N I G H T
S L E E P
T I G H T
D O N ' T
L E T
T H E
M O T H M A N
S E E
Y O U R
NI G H T L I G H T

------
โ˜†ARRโ˜†
โ˜†GSAโ˜†ISOโ˜†
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Poisoned rozlin » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:34 am

Username: Poisoned Rozlin
Kalon Name: Rain
Kalon ten years ago: Rain was working in a dead end job and began to take classes for becoming a animal doctor, wanting to help others.
Kalon in the present: Rain has a job as a doctors assistant and is now full filing his dream and doing what he feels is best for him. His love of helping people an animals and his love of medicane coming together slowly. He now is in a little bigger apartment near the animal clic, an tends to be on time or even early. His love of helping and being on time finally coming together.
Last edited by Poisoned rozlin on Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poisoned rozlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby puddssoul » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:48 am

Username: puddssoul
Kalon Name: Candon
Sexuality: straight

Kalon ten years ago:

The lab was sterile, boring, and this had to have been the four thousandth time Candon had wondered to himself if the lights had to be so dang bright all the time - his head was throbbing, his eyes were burning, he could barely focus on doing the testing that he had been hired to do. It was an important job all right, figuring out if water was safe to drink and testing new diseases that popped up to see how dangerous they were and what cures and preventatives could be made. At first, he had been so excited and ready to make a change in the world, but after weeks and months and years of doing much of nothing and seeing next to no actual results, Candon had become quite shaded, both to the world and his job. When he wasn't working, he was usually exhausted beyond belief and too grumpy and irritable to do much more than trot his way home to eat something, shower, and drop into his bed like a bag of bricks. Even his one-bedroom apartment shared that sterile nature, barely decorated and only containing the necessities for the small amount of time he spent there in the evenings and mornings.

He wouldn't have said he was lonely, but he definitely didn't know many people beyond his coworkers - and even then, he didn't socialize with them outside of work. No dating, no friends, Candon even ordered groceries and things online so he wouldn't have to venture out to stores to deal with others himself. Beyond his job, he didn't even really have many hobbies besides reading the occasional book before bed if he found one that looked interesting enough. On more than one day he'd considered getting some sort of companion, but he quickly decided he wouldn't have the time or energy to care for a living thing properly.

If you asked Candon about himself, he probably wouldn't know what to tell you. He couldn't decide on a favorite color, hadn't had a favorite song since he was a kid and had time to relax and listen to music, he didn't even watch TV anymore. Blandly, he'd state off how old he was, his job title, and his name, nothing more to show for all of his years of life. There were no ex-lovers or children or even family left to show pictures of, no pets to brag about, no friends to hang out with on the weekends and have crazy adventures with. He literally would describe himself as "boring" - yet even knowing that was his life, he had no energy and no notion to change it.

Theme Song Then:
Numb by Linkin Park

Kalon in the present:

A stifling eleven years after Candon had started his all-important job, funding ran out for the lab and the company was forced to let some of their employees ago. Among them was, of course, Candon, who had lost his spark for his job and it absolutely showed in his work and energy on the job. At first he was devastated, not knowing who he was or what to do outside of what had been his life for over a decade, but he had money put away for a rainy day and slowly learned to enjoy life and not being stuck in the lab day after day and feeling exhausted all of the time. His smile returned after a few weeks, and after a month or two, he'd began to laugh again. He was even watching TV, and had adopted a small, snowy white ferret to keep him company while he figured out where to go from here. Candon dubbed the ferret "Fir" and absolutely spoiled him, taking him for walks on a tiny harness and lavishing him with treats and plenty of affection, not used to having someone around to pay attention to.

Of course, Candon couldn't go without a job forever - that's just not how life works. With this new opportunity, he dabbled in a lot of different things, trying to figure out what he actually enjoyed. He took a CPR class, tried out painting a few things, even sat through some theater classes, but nothing kept his attention. None of it felt right. However, he remembered his family in the old days telling him what a vivid imagination he had always had.

So, he spent some of his savings on both a laptop and a very vintage, shiny red type-writer. Within days, he was putting that imagination to good use, and within a few weeks, Candon had the first few chapters of what would become his first book. To be in a better spot for his writing, he moved from the apartment to a small cabin in a quiet community near a mountain range with Fir in tow. It was a cozy place, where Candon made friends with most of the neighbors (including a sweet old lady who frequently brought him baked goods and invited him over for dinners, even if Candon was still too shy to say yes ALL of the time). He put up posters and paintings that gave him inspiration, and eventually, even got a publishing agent.

Nowadays, everyone knows Candon as the friendly (if still a bit quiet and introverted) kalon who reads stories to the kids down at the town library on his free days and spends a lot of time writing in his cabin - but also cooks an amazing hamburger, turns out he's quite the cook when he feels like trying! He's befriended the majority of the town, besides a few outliers who are just a little too crazy for Candon's liking. He's even adopted a whole forest of plants that are dotted around his home, and a black-furred buddy for Fir who he quickly named "Aspen".

Getting his life back on track, Candon looks forward to his books (yes, he just keeps writing!) becoming more well-known, and possibly meeting someone special in the future. He never saw himself being the type before, but now he thinks it would be nice to have someone around, and who knows, maybe even a family in the future! For now, though, his ferrets are his babies and he has plenty of friends to keep him company. He never thought that he would be here looking back, but Candon is so happy with how much his life has changed, and never intends to go back to the city if he can help it. His type-writer is his most treasured possession.

Theme Song Now:
Outside by Ellie Goulding
Last edited by puddssoul on Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

โ•ญ ..........................................โ•ฎ
โ•ฐ ......................................... โ•ฏ
puddssoul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Ginger. » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:24 am

Res
ImageAvatar Credit: norang, Sig Art Credit: Mooski
Need help? Feel free to pm me. For official help, you can send a help ticket to Chicken Smoothie staff here!
Attention new members: Check out the GHAA, where you can get free pets~ courtesy of your CS Helpers! (Click here!)
.Ginger.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meduz » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:21 pm

bump
x