Based on Click to view
Artist solas [gallery]
Time spent 26 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rise | #1353

Postby solas » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:13 pm

Welcome to Rise!
Rise is an adoptable based on Warrior Cats and focused around world building and character development.
Please make sure that you read the main thread so that you understand limits and levels!

This is a custom founder.

Please let me know your founder's name, age, and any adjectives you'd like in its description such as build, or distinct features. Also give me a link to your clan thread so you can be added to the archives. c:
If you do not post a thread and level up to level 1 within a month, your founder will be readopted.

------------------------------------------ SSS: Foundation
    ----------------- SS: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ SSD: Foundation
    Father: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ SDS: Foundation
    ----------------- SD: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ SDD: Foundation

------------------------------------------ DSS: Foundation
    ----------------- DS: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ DSD: Foundation
    Dam: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ DDS: Foundation
    ----------------- DD: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ DDD: Foundation
    Username: kDmD
    Cat Name: Dewstar
    Clan: Hillclan

Description: Ghost classic tabby w/ smoke and yellow eyes

Other Features: None
    Siblings: None Living
Last edited by solas on Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
solas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise | #1353

Postby kDmD » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:07 pm

Username: kDmD
Cat Name: Dewstar
Clan: Hillclan

Description: Ghost classic tabby w/ smoke and yellow eyes
Adjectives: Strong-willed, Blunt, Stern

Other Features: None
Siblings: None Living
<--------------------------------------------------(.KD.)--------------------------------------------------------->
Hiya! I'm kDmD.
I'm new to this whole "adopt" thing, but so far it seems pretty cool.
I'm a pretty social/outgoing person, so new chats, inquiries, etc. are always welcome.

<--------------------------------------------------(.KD.)------------------------------------------------------>
kDmD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kDmD » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:07 pm

And a link to the clan in case you still need it: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=4008294
<--------------------------------------------------(.KD.)--------------------------------------------------------->
Hiya! I'm kDmD.
I'm new to this whole "adopt" thing, but so far it seems pretty cool.
I'm a pretty social/outgoing person, so new chats, inquiries, etc. are always welcome.

<--------------------------------------------------(.KD.)------------------------------------------------------>
kDmD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dimi. » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:09 pm

This cat was never leveled, so they are going up for readoption!

For this competition, I'm giving you an OPEN prompt; meaning you can write or draw whatever you want. There is a catch though; it must be something you either haven't done ever, have only done a couple of times, or are just not used to doing.

For example, I'm a writer, but I absolutely hate poetry. I should experiment with poetry for this competition. Or, for example, I am a digital artist, but I don't like doing traditional art. I should experiment with traditional art for this competition.

Just go wild! Because of the open prompt, I'm not going to put a word or art limit on this.
Art wise, PMVs and animations are off limits for this competition. You may do multiple pieces.

This will end on September 21st at 11:00 PM CST.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b]

[b]Prompt:[/b]
gradually coming back
dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Namida_☾ » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:34 pm

Mark<3 Prob try to do something with water colours because I hate water colours
──────────
Namida (she/xe/caw/he)
Image Image

──────────
tomorrow

──────────
timezone: cest
technically: artist

──────────
──────────

─────────────────
is nearly yesterday

and everyday
─────────────────

[url]commission card[/url]
toyhouse
artfight
Art is my own! Do not use!

─────────────────

──────────
is stupid

──────────
credit
──────────
──────────
Namida_☾

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfstormSC » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:49 pm

Username: WolfstormSC
Name: Smokestep
Clan: Stormclan

Prompt:
I cannot help you, not anymore,
Withered away and caught in a cask,
Glowing eyes turned red and sore,
What once was a simple task.

That I should be the one to bury,
There is nothing more to gain,
Caught in nothing more than a flurry,
Not more in this empty, faded rain.

Please come back to me, I miss you so
Memories left in running snow

(Never done poetry except for one other rise comp, so I thought I'd give this a try?)
Last edited by WolfstormSC on Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'm WolfstormSC, but you can call me Wolf!
He/him or They/Them
World Builder/Writer - Artist - Gamer
Avatar of Thatcher by Crisadence - #160992 on Lioden
Art of Atticus and Vincent by LonewolfKumniver on TH
Beaumont Collies - Return - Stars - VOK - HW
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:05 am

Username:TheSongOfTheStars
Name: Batstrike
Clan: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=3731932

Prompt:
I'm writing the piece in second person, since I never write in that pov

You sit there and you stare and you growl and you grumble. You spend your days avoiding everyone and acting like you don't care. You here the apprentices gossiping that you probably don't even know half the clans name's since you just don't care that much.
It's not true. Not that you'd ever tell them, but you do know everyone's names. You know everyone's name and just about everything else about them.
And maybe when you first came to this tattered, mixed up excuse for a clan you didn't care, but you do now. Oh, you most certainly do, to the point where your heart aches for each loss and you go to bed smiling secretly over each victory no matter how major or minor. But you won't tell any of them, because caring of any kind hurts like a snake bite, but a caring where the other knows that you care, hurts the most.
So you sit there on the edge and you stare and you growl and you grumble, and you care.
Last edited by TheSongOfTheStars on Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SurgeFire » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:11 am

Username: SurgeFire
Name: Shadeburr
Clan: AsterClan

Prompt:

I often find that i tend to cut straight to dialogue and miss out on describing/setting the scene; often forgetting that the imagery i have in my own head is not the same as the reader's. in the end, i find that i have too much dialogue in the story to keep it going; not enough description. I've complained mentioned it before, so why not do something about it..?

essentially: no dialogue! and an emphasis on imagery

the beauty of the night struck him so.
something about it caught his attention; was it the dazzling of the stars, glimmering and fading? was it the splash of color in the galaxy - the swirls, the blues?
he wouldn't know himself, really - it was hard to just pinpoint it to one - but all he knew is that he couldn't keep his eyes away.

tussled in the breeze, the grass around him seemed to bounce around in what he could only describe as an inanimate excitement; even if they were only objects, they seemed as lively as any cat.
as he slowly stepped forward - minding the grass underneath his feet, noting how quickly they could spring up after his pressing; even if beaten, they returned, did they not? - his mind seemed as scattered as the stars above, he mused.

it was his duty, of course.
it didn't mean that there was no shiver in his spine; no apprehension to his demeanor.
his once burning yellow gaze had died down.

to the end of the field was a lake - no, the lake - alive with the reflections of stars, almost seeming as if the sky had fallen into their land. it was only stirred by the breeze, rippling along...
it was only a few fox-lengths away, and yet something about it tugged at him; like shade shouldn't have come.
he felt like he being dragged down by an invisible force; if fear could manifest, it was clawing at him, battering his being, shaking him to the core.

forcing himself to call out to the unknown, he waited.

//

and there was a tale a molly would tell, basking in the sunlight, warmth surrounding the clearing. the trees held still, without the sign of wind; a summer awaited the rest of the cats, excited to be away from the fall.
her kits would fidget beside her - eyes wide in excitement; she would laugh, of course, and continue to speak.

she would paint a tale of a brave molly, sharing her own fiery fur; her voice was like honey, her demeanor saccharine as the words she spoke. she carried no ounce of corruption in her soul, it seemed.

she would fall for her polar opposite. a large, brooding, whispy tom; whose shadow of intimidation seemed to fall on everyone else but her.

it was a terrible situation, really.
a fight gone too wrong; and, too late, she was too beaten down from the fight to swim.

the surviving sister shut her eyes, and finished her tale of the waiting shadow.

//

he lifted his eyes up to the illuminated lake, without saying a word.
for the umpteenth day in a row, no response to his cry; almost giving up, he stopped--

a light filled his vision, and he closed his eyes quickly; the grass alongside him, increasingly tossed by the wind, lit up with the reflection of the pale glow.

she was a beauty, even more in this time; orange, flame-esque fur; dotted with stars, and a similarly warm gaze that could melt the coldest of souls...
she drifted on the water; with every ripple she rode, striding along the surface. her marvelously long fur bounced along with her steps; not entirely petite, but not terribly large.

the breeze grew stronger as he attempted to step himself; in a trance, almost, forgetting to swim.

the wind stopped, and the light died; and the ice in his heart grew with the chill that he encountered with his legs in the icy water.
the sky seemed dimmer, and the grass not as energetic; and the field that stretched on for what seemed like forever felt like an aimless venture instead of inciting freedom.

and that was the tale of mirage, and the shadow she left behind.
SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ataraxic_gone » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:26 am

Username;; dewly_noted
    Cat Name;; Mending Gorse
    Gender;; Male
    Age;; 40 moons
    Clan;; Fallen
    Rank;; Cleric

Prompt;; Because I haven't done it in a hot minute and usually do digital; have a trad painted cat.
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dimi. » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:12 am

WolfstormSC wrote:Username: WolfstormSC
Name: Smokestep
Clan: Stormclan

Prompt:
I cannot help you, not anymore,
Withered away and caught in a cask,
Glowing eyes turned red and sore,
What once was a simple task.

That I should be the one to bury,
There is nothing more to gain,
Caught in nothing more than a flurry,
Not more in this empty, faded rain.

Please come back to me, I miss you so
Memories left in running snow

(Never done poetry except for one other rise comp, so I thought I'd give this a try?)

congrats!! this poem was interesting, and vague enough to make me wonder why exactly this was directed at; i'd love to read more about this cat once you flesh them out!

hm to surgefire <3
gradually coming back
dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me