Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by jolteon

Viscet #2872 - cozy owl - winner!

Postby jolteon » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:35 pm

Owner: Yugi
Name: Freya
Gender for breeding: male
owned as of 12/24

i loosely based this bb off of this cute christmas owl decoration i saw at target :U
but heres my bab for you guys! sorry for getting them out late, ive been out for most part of the day </3

for this competition, tell me what they do for their community during the holidays! you'll have up to 1500 words maximum for this prompt. you are also allowed up to 2 art pieces to go with it C:

Code: Select all
username:
name:
what do they do for their community during the holidays?: 1500 words MAX
2 optional art pieces:

prettying up is fine, no extras!

end date is december 21st @ 11:59PM EST

mutations:
fire mane - event rare
Last edited by jolteon on Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pretty much inactive here now </3
my discord's rhylie#9299 if you need to contact me!
jolteon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2872 - cozy owl

Postby SlimPaw » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:39 pm

username: SlimPaw
name: Sundy
what do they do for their community during the holidays?: Wip
2 optional art pieces: Wip
| She / They | Demisexual | Gemini | Artist | <3 |
SlimPaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Prince Audric » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:51 pm

username: Prince Audric

name: Donavan

what do they do for their community during the holidays?:

The small town of Clovercreek was quiet at Christmas, ever since the new railway had been installed that bypassed their small town most of the shops had gone out of business, Some Viscet's even lost their homes.

The years had taken its toll on the town and Donavan had decided he would take care of Christmas every year the week before he would gather items for a great dinner at his mansion. But the biggest thing he did was craving out toys for all the younglings in the town.

Every year he would also make something for the adults, it would be something paw made as well. Every year they all loved their gifts and were happy to be thought of.

Over the years he had watched many a Viscet grow up and leave but there was many that still lived within the small town. Many of those who stayed had come to call him Uncle Donny even though he wasn't related any anyone in the town.

He never wanted anything in return, just seeing his small town happy and together was the best gift he could ever want. But one year one family did return the favor. He found a gift on his doorstep, and after opening it found a Scarf.

He knew this family well, a few years ago there youngest son had broken his leg, they didn't have the money to buy him a wheelchair or even surgery to fix it. But Donavan being the kind old soul he was, gave them the money to do so.

Ever since then their son had become like a grandson to him, he loved the kid and they loved him, spending a lot of time at the old Viscet's place. That was until he got sick, and he didn't get better.

Even after the loss of their son the family stay close to Donavan. the scarf that they gave him had been there Sons, they had given to Donavan as a reminder of the sweet kid he had saved.

ever since he had received the gift, he never took it off, unless it needed to be cleaned. though that was rare seeing as Donavan was a bit of a neat freak.

Christmas always drove his neat freak side crazy when people would make a mess, but he knew that it was just a one time a year thing... twice if he chose to do Thanksgiving at his place.

2 optional art pieces:

Last edited by Prince Audric on Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Quote from Assassins Creed
Prince Audric

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QueenAxolotl » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:53 pm

username: NurseGlowButt
name: Nick
what do they do for their community during the holidays?: It started to snow heavier and heavier as bustling of New York and all of its loud sounds of city life started to fade away into the silent, frosted trees of the countryside as a silver ‘03 Honda Civic drove on the slick, icy roads, blaring ‘Take Me Home, Country Roads’.
“Nicki, must we have to play that song on repeat? I get that you’re heading back home to West Virginia, but there are other songs.” Complaining was the shy harpist, Lyra. Her red, fiery mane, flickered in irritability from the country song on repeat and long car ride.
Nicki chuckled at her annoyance as he took his spotify playlist off of repeat and put it on shuffle. ‘Full Moon’ started to play softly in the background as Nicki adjusted his round, golden glasses and softly bobbed his coppery fire mane twinkled in delight, and Lyra hummed in relief to the new song.
“Sorry about that, hun.” Nicki gripped the wheel of the car a little tighter in excitement. “I just get so excited to be able to see everyone again, and work with kids again!” Nicki's smile, and fiery mane wavered a bit in somberity. “I'm honestly hoping that there will be less of them there. I'm hoping that the kids that I've seen almost every year since I've started this have finally found their forever homes with loving families…”
Lyra smiled softly as her friend’s eyes traveled far into his past, placing her paw on his shoulder in reassurance, bringing him back to the now. “Those kids are lucky to have someone care so much.”
Nicki smiled gently in appreciation. “Thanks, Lyra. But, I just wish that I could do more, ya know? If I had the time, the and resources, I would adopt as many of them as I can, but because of my modeling, I just wouldn't be able to provide for all of them and give them the love and attention that those kids need and deserve.”
Lyra’s faltered, and her fiery mane wavered a little bit. “But hey, think of this. With you being a model, and trying to become an idol, you'll bring a lot of attention to the kids and your cause, which might bring more people to adopt! That's just as good, right?” Nicki smiled, now filled with even more determination. “You're right! Now let's get some kids adopted!”
By the time that the two fiery maned friend got into town, the snow got a little heavier, causing most of the townsfolk to duck into shops and restaurants to get warm. Those who braved through the snow looked up in surprise. Not many cars coming into the tiny town.
It's only when Nicki parked his car by the local inn's parking lot to a familiar face is when the bystanders finally realize just who rolled into town.
“Nana! Merry Christmas! Going to help out in the orphanage again this year?” Nicki hurried out of the car to give a chubby, and kind looking female viscet with a warm smile. “Nicki?! Oh, look at you! You're so skinny! Don't them modelin’ folk know how to ya?! And hun, of course I'll be helpin’ out! I gotta help out the place I came from after all. Just got all the ingredients to bake the cookies for the bake sale. The buyers and the kids are gonna love ‘em!”
The two hugged tightly as Lyra made her way out of the car. Nana looked over at Lyra and smiled.
“Oh! You brought a friend with you!” Nana brought out her arms gesturing first a hug. Lyra shied away in awkwardness. Nana looking confused, looked towards Nicki. “Oh, Nana. She's a little shy. That's one reason why I brought her here. She's an aspiring harpist, but she's a little shy, so I brought her here to help provide music for the charity and help boost up her confidence so she can hopefully be able to get to play!”
Nana smiled proudly. “I'm proud of you Nicki. Not too long ago we were in that same orphanage, and you are, a big model with an even bigger heart.” Nicki blushed in embarrassment before an alarm went off. “Oh! Nana, I'm sorry, but we got to go! It's almost too late to check in! We'll see you later!”
As Nicki and Lyra checked in and got into their rooms. “Lyra, you ready for tomorrow? It's a small town, so it'll be a good stepping stone for ya.” Lyra smiled and hugged Nicki. “Thanks, Nicki. I mean it. And I'm hoping that I'll make those kids happy too. Well, good night, Nicki. I gotta practice for tomorrow.” And the two separated into the rooms and dreamt of cookies and music.
The next morning, Nicki, Nana, and several others working hard setting up the stands in front of the orphanage for the cookies, the gift wrapping station, the handmade ornament stand, a little stand for hot drinks for everyone to drink since it was even colder than yesterday, and of course a small stage for the kids to sing their carols while Lyra played a small harp.
The entire event was beautiful with it festive decorations of garlands, ribbons, twinkling lights, and the warm smiles of the children waiting impatiently for all the families that are going to adopt them. Their were laughter in the air as Nicki chased the kids around trying to gather them around.
“C'mere ya rugrats! We need for y'all to get on stage! Lyra! Are you ready! I think the kids are about ready to sing!” As Nicki rounded up the last of the of giggling kids up on stage. While Lyra was tuning her in small harp, filled with jitters and glee for her first “gig”.

The kids sang with practiced perfection and the sounds of their voices carried beautifully with Lyra's harp. Those who is participating stopped to listen. The voices of the children carried around the street, causing all those to hear to stop and listen.
Just as the song hits its peak with the soprano, a several important strings broke, and cut Lyra's playing paw. Her yelping and the sound of the harp broken strings soured so harshly that the kids stopped singing in confusion. The orphanage didn't bring an extra music because they were told Lyra would play every song. Unfortunately, the children only knew how to sing with music, and the crowd was starting to lose interest and leaving. Lyra was shaken and upset over her broken harp ruining the show. Nicki, who was completely engaged in the moment, excited because the children's choir was a tradition that always helped bring more people to donate and maybe find more homes for the kids, but without the songs, there will be no longer be as big as a crowd.
Nicki had to do something, and fast if he wants help these children, so he stood up from the cookie stand where he was helping out with Nana, unwrapping the warm scarf, revealing himself as the international supermodel that he is, and shouted, “thank you, Lyra and the talented children's choir! But in just about an hour the main show will come out! Ladies and gentlemen, get ready for this town's first, annual fashion show!”
People's faces started to light up with recognition and started to shout and cheer. Hearing that a celebrity was in their little town, even more people than ever started to show up. Nicki had to work fast if he wanted to stick to his promise, and instantly pulled out his phone to make some calls to make it work.
After many calls, he had a couple of his designer friends that were nearby to bring over some clothes, and maybe a few photographers to bring some publicity. Luckily, those designers never miss the opportunity to let Nicki to model for them and made it as fast as they can, making it just in time. Nana had brought a little stereo to play music for the little spur-of-the-moment fashion show and then played a Christmas pop song to start the show.
Nicki walked onto the stage with grace with a little viscling girl in an outfit that was quickly put together but matched holding his hand. She skipped closer to the edge of the stage, blowing kisses to the crowd with a big smile, instantly stealing the hearts of the good people in the crowd. This continues with many other kids with constant flashing of cameras and the sound of a large, growing crowd for about another hour or so.
At the end of the day, many of the orphans found new homes, and almost twenty thousand dollars was donated to the orphanage. The orphanage will be celebrating a big Christmas where every child will be receiving more than one present, and a new tradition was born thanks to Nicki's actions.
(Viscets mentioned: Lyra (owned by Tiny Little Box, and Nana,owned by me )

optional art pieces:
Oh I love this viscet! So pretty!
Last edited by QueenAxolotl on Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
[ my viscets ]

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xart trades are open!
xAsk me about commissions!
xMercy main!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

xxxImage
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
[ credit ]
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
QueenAxolotl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mint Chip » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:05 pm

omg what a precious child;; ;O; possible mark to try
    username:
    name:
    2 optional art pieces:
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PikachuTori25 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:12 pm

i love <3
─────── ───────
Riza Hawkeye Simp
Icon by lambcurl
Riza Hawkeye Sprite Source
└──────────────┘
PikachuTori25

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:15 pm

-screams-

I,,, I love them
so much

username: Knickknacks
name: Minerva
2 optional art pieces:
Last edited by Knickknacks on Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi there!
You can call me Knick! I'm a runner and casual artist
who loves thinking about stories and never writing them.
I’m around for various arpgs and species stuff ^^

art fight!
threads for arpgs/species I'm currently active in:
kalons--salted stone--knollclan--sound asheep--haven
other cs characters™

she/her -- student -- est
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⊱✦ Freya's Library | Viscet #2872 Try Out ✦⊰

Postby Yugi » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:27 pm

username: Yugi | name: Freya | gender: Female | gender for breeding: Male

xxxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxxxxx

Today marked the beginning of Silda's winter holidays, and it had meant that there was so much needed to get done during these next few days.

"Cream, dear, could you fetch me a couple supplies," Freya asked. She pushed up her round, golden glasses before she gathered a couple of heavily used books in her arms. "Just a few things from the market again; I had miscalculated how much of each ingredient we needed..."

Cream nudged Freya's shoulder, and before she knew it, the girl was behind her with cloth bags in her hands. "I made sure to make an extra run out this morning," the celestial dragon laughed. "You ask every year, so I went ahead and got it covered so we wouldn't have to rush this time around."

Freya laughed along momentarily before breathing a heavy sigh of relief. Cream wasn't wrong; she found anything unrelated to books to be easily forgettable. If it wasn't for her assistant, she would have been a much bigger mess than she was now. The duo gathered up their belongings from the small wooden shack and began to make their way to the Lovell Library.

The library actually belonged to Freya despite it being attached to the Lovell's castle, as her ancestors from long ago had built it as a place for them to stay while constantly providing the kingdom with extensive knowledge. As far as she can remember, the library itself was a gift offering, but the past nobles of the kingdom allowed and encouraged Freya's family line to use it as their home. It was kind of the royal family, as it allowed her and her family a space to study and to officially record the notes that they've collected over the time that they've traveled.

With the recent changes of laws and regulations the kingdom was now experiencing though, she believed it would provide a much better use to those who were now hiding their magical abilities. All magic was banned inside the kingdom's walls, and most of Silda had followed suit due to the ongoing war. Scornful, corrupted angels had tarnished the peace the land once experienced, and they had ultimately influenced many people afraid of magic as a whole.

Freya assumes the only reason why she hasn't been kicked out like the rest of the active mages is due to her ties with the royal family. Seeing that they have depended on her to help provide Krystal with the best education, they likely have overlooked her magical ancestry. Then again, Freya often practiced her own magic deep within the confined and secretive areas of the library, as she hadn't much time to practice anywhere else. The Lovell family, aside from Krystal, had never witnessed her perform magic, so they likely assumed she simply couldn't. Perhaps it had been a blessing that she hadn't much time for herself after all. It kept both her and the library discrete, and it worked to her advantage, allowing her to house those who were in hiding from the magic ban.

All of those who found refuge in the library was hired on under the guise as volunteer staff. Freya always sought out free help to keep the library in top shape. In order to give back to them, Freya would typically provide them modest room accommodations to give them a safe place to stay.

Though, during the holidays, when more people would find the library to be their safe haven while traveling to visit their families, Freya did her best to do something a little bit more special. Seeing that both her temporary visitors and familiar locals would be affected by the overcrowding that was usually associated with the winter holidays, Freya wanted to make sure that everyone felt comfortable, welcomed, and, most importantly, hopeful.

Freya would go out of her way to purchase books that magic users often read. Many of these books were banned from most kingdoms and towns, but Freya always had a way of obtaining them due to Cream's partnerships with a handful of traveling merchants. Additionally, she would got out shopping, purchasing exotic ingredients that most of the common people in Silda never regularly consumed. These ingredients were easier to find than the books, especially during the holidays, as many knew of the hidden mages that still set up shop at many popular marketplaces in Silda. Though the supplies costed her a pretty penny, Freya was never afraid of spending her money to make sure she could take care of others.

This year was certainly no different for Freya and Cream. They had already went out and purchased everything that they needed, and the two were very much prepared to get everything together as quickly as possible. Today marked the day that Freya's library would begin to fill up quickly, so she decided to get the books wrapped as quickly, but nicely, as possible. As they stored the supplies in Freya's own personal workroom on the second floor of the library, the viscet started on prepping the gifts right away. Cream, on the other hand, went back downstairs to welcome and lead the visitors to their temporary rooms.

She sorted the books into three different piles according to what they primarily featured. Most of the books dealt with well known magical tales and spell books this time around, with a few recipe books sprinkled here and there. Freya had wanted to bring a little bit of traditional magical joy in the lives of younger magic users, knowing that they likely didn't have the opportunity to enjoy what she had as a child. Once that was out of the way and Freya's work table was covered with neat stacks of colorful presents, she loaded up a carrier sack slung over her shoulder. She would need to make a few round trips before she could deliver all of the gifts, but at the very least the books would have a caring home to go to.

Freya handed out the books to those younger than she; she allowed them to choose one of the books from the three stacks she had. Seeing the once worried, fearful expressions turn into innocent, joyful smiles as soon as the gift was placed gently in their grasp was always enough to encourage Freya to continue delivering her gifts. It was difficult for her to feel exhausted despite the multiple treks up and down the library's stairs. When all of the younger visitors had received their gifts, she took the extra leftover books and left them out on a table for others to examine. She always allowed others to take a gift should they want it; if not, she knew that she would likely have late visitors arriving.

But that was only the beginning of it all. If anything, the start was always the easiest moment of their holiday planning. Now, they needed to prepare their annual traditional feast, but this year seemed to prove a little bit more difficult. There were more travelers staying with them now that word had spread among their community. Freya wanted to get the feast all prepped by tomorrow, but with how many dishes she needed to make, she feared it would need to be delayed.

They needed to make do with what they had now though. They woke up the next day at dawn in hopes of getting a majority of their dishes completed. They gathered their supplies, hurrying downstairs and into the Lovell castle's very own kitchen. The kitchen staff was already there working, prepping for breakfast for the royal family. The staff there never minded Freya's presence, as they enjoyed being able to sample authentic desert cuisine when she was done.

However, when Freya arrived, the staff met her with a surprise. The staff, who was all now accustomed to Freya's recipes due to her using the kitchen often in the past, had offered her help with preparing her feast. Not only was she able to host the feast sooner than intended, but the quantity of what she had to provide had increased drastically. No longer did she have to portion the food for her visitors, turning them away from seconds. While not all of the dishes were traditional desert fare due to the lack of special ingredients, they were still surely tasty and carried a distinctive familiar flair to those who lived in Silda before.

Freya was met with a realization that her community was not as small as she thought it was originally; instead, she now understood that even those who weren't of magic background viewed her as a member of their family as well. And this revitalized her own hope, something that she never really thought she would be lacking in. While the war raged on, she knew she could still be comforted here at home with her friends and fellow neighbors. With this, she could believe that life could return back to how it was originally when she was a child.
(1,500/1,500)

Character Credits wrote:All other characters mentioned/featured in the form belong to me.
Cream | Krystal | Quin
Last edited by Yugi on Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:00 am, edited 7 times in total.
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
xxx
x

Yugi | She/They | Biracial Asian
Digital Artist x 3D Hobbyist x Live2D Animator
xxx
Image Image
ImageImage
xxx
World's shortest cyberpunk 🤘

Daylight's not for me 。。。
That's why I'm nocturnal

ImageImage
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
Yugi
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadow Striker » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:50 pm

My goodness, I love this. Potential mark???
Avatar is made by the wonderful Yugi
~My Viscets~

Mordecai and Aonani owned by me.

Art by bellumi
Marrock and Whispering Echoes owned by me.
Aviana owned by ~Phantom
Art By Grifforik
Shadow Striker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lioashu » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:11 pm

watching ;u; such a pretty baby!!
Don't check here often anymore. If you need me please contact me elsewhere.
Lioashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me