Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

𝐇imalayan 𝐌ountain 𝐃ragons by ThatPinkThing

Based on Click to view
Artist ThatPinkThing [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 37 minutes
Drawing sessions 9
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

𝐇imalayan 𝐌ountain 𝐃ragons

Postby ThatPinkThing » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:48 pm

Welcome to the mountain! Can you get to the peak and earn the respect of these elusive creatures?
Of course you can, the dragons believe in you.

Index
Rules
Lore
Traits
Info Center
Bulletin

Fanclub
Archive (offsite)

Rules:
1. Himalayan Mountain Dragons (HMDs for short from here on out) are a closed species. You likely know what this means, but just in case: please do not make your own HMD without permission.

2. Marks are welcome, and if you're feeling up to it, leave a comment too! Let me know what kinds of things would like to see, or ask any questions that you need to.

3. HMDs cannot currently be sold for pets or currency, but they can be traded for characters outside the HMD species as long as you have prior permission. Examples of situations where this is allowed include: feeling a disconnect from the species/a specific dragon or wanting to leave the community and not retain your dragons for any reason. You might not be given permission to trade out of species if you appear to only be using HMDs for trade fodder.

[[ 3.5 if you trade an HMD to someone who does not own one, you must let them know that this is a closed species, and link them to this thread so that they can acquaint themselves with the species and rules. ]]

4. The designs of dragons cannot be changed, even if edits are applied to them. Editing items are not available right now, though, so this shouldn't be an issue.

5. There is a maximum adopt limit of 10. Customs and MYOs do not count towards this limit.

6. An HMD's looks cannot be based on copyrighted characters or people. This means designs very obviously mimicking Pokémon, YouTubers, etc. are not allowed. Designs inspired by real life animals are allowed.

7. All of CS' rules, of course, apply here. We are still on CS. This includes the character that you give to your dragons. Please be sure that nothing inappropriate for ages under 18 is present in the public community.

8. Please be kind to each other. If you have an issue with another user in the community, you may have them blocked and are not required to interact with them, including responding to their posts on the fanclub thread, but you may not explicitly state for certain users not to interact with you. (ie, "Looking for friendships for these dragons, you can message me if you're not Name, Username, or User.") If you discover that someone has you blocked, I encourage you to stay peaceful. Blocking exists for users' comfort and privacy, and I wish for that to be respected in this space.
Last edited by ThatPinkThing on Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.
ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

About

Postby ThatPinkThing » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:56 pm

sizes wrote:Himalayan Mountain Dragons vary in size. The most common size is about that of a horse, but they can be a bit bigger or smaller. There are two main sizes of dragons, the alpha and beta sizes. Alphas are of a lineage that is larger, and their sizes are from standard horse to clydesdale horse. Betas are a bit smaller, with sizes from donkey to elk height. While the two breeds typically find mates of the same breed, large betas and small alphas have been known to become mates. Alphas and betas are still biologically compatible, and are equated to different breeds of one species. There are no known social hierarchies between alphas and betas. In fact, they seem to live quite harmoniously with each other, their only difference being their size.

body wrote:HMDs have an incredibly strong tail. Their tails are used for balance in flight and climbing, of course, but it can also be used to wrap around things to grab them. Their limbs are very muscular, and they usually dig themselves dens like polar bears. Their wings are able to let them fly, but not for extended amounts of time. If they need to migrate, they do the majority of their travel on foot. Their wings are used usually to quickly ascend/descend a mountain or cross between peaks. Their horns can vary in size and shape, but excessive horns are rarer, as the gene is not the fittest to survive (they tend to get in the way). Horns are used as a way of finding a mate, and are not primarily for fighting.

Internally, dragons have an organ called a 'hearth'. This organ is what allows them to breathe fire. The hearth gathers excess fats to compress and light via a bodily fluid that is essentially gasoline. The result is basically a candle flame inside the dragon that they can expel. The hearth is not dangerous to healthy dragons, but ill and elderly dragons' internal linings may thin with excessive fire-breathing and cause pain, but is not a cause of death. It is rare, but some dragons cannot spark their gas, and essentially just spit gasoline. Still dangerous.

sounds wrote:Himalayans have a wide range of sounds. They most often make a bear-like grunt sound, but have been recorded making noises like a zebra, elk, wolves, or lions. The diversity is bizarre, and not fully understood yet. What is known is that HMDs seem to have a preferred sound. For example, two sisters from the same parents may use sounds that are very different. One will bugle like an elk, while the other has a more lion-like vocabulary.

diet wrote:HMDs are omnivores and opportunists. They usually hunt birds, goats, and other hoofed mountain-dwellers. They can also live on thick greens and fruits, but they don't prefer this.

domestication wrote:The term domestication is used loosely with dragons. They are very social and curious creatures by nature, and are known to investigate human camps and climbers. Some have been befriended and brought down from the mountains. (Despite their name, Himalayans are not exclusively found in the Himalayas! Various tribes have been found at mountain peaks across the planet.) They are strong enough to carry riders, both in flight and on foot. They obviously don't do well in city-scapes, but they thrive on farms and have even settled into a few suburban areas. They are loud and - again - curious, so not every neighbor appreciates their presence. Avid HMD trainers, riders, and committed owners tend to move farther out to respect the needs of the dragons and their fellow people.
ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Traits

Postby ThatPinkThing » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:14 pm

common
custom pupils
short whiskers
custom tongue
any of the preset ears
any of the preset horns
any of the preset manes
combinations of the preset manes
claws and horns are the same color

uncommon
no horns
longer fur
custom ears
custom mane and/or tail tuft
claws and horns are different colors
small custom horns (note: example needed)
custom flesh wings (size edits to existing wing lines, feathered wings, bat wings, etc.)

rare
(max. of three rare traits per dragon)
glow
polydactyl
shorter tail
long whiskers
shaped paw pads
shorter fur or hairless
large custom horns (note: example needed)
custom thin wings (insect wings, fairy wings, etc.)

very rare
(currently unavailable)
halos
no wings
feather growths
horns/spikes on the body
coat change (two forms, a cold weather coat and a warm weather coat)

non-rarity
accessories
teeth/fangs
weight edits
heterochromia
claw shape/size edits
scars (minor rips in preset wings or ears are allowed and not considered custom edits)
missing limb or eye(s) (This must be approved by me and validated through your dragon's story. Removed limbs and eyes CANNOT be re-added to a dragon. A dragon can have a maximum of 1 missing limb (tail, wing, or leg), but can be missing one or both eyes.)

Any traits not listed somewhere above are not allowed at this time! More edits may be added in the future, but these are the current guidelines.
Last edited by ThatPinkThing on Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Information Center

Postby ThatPinkThing » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:15 pm

Who's on staff?

Just me! For now. I'm not sure how many people I'll need in which positions, so it'll just progress as it progresses I guess.

Credit where credit is due: the lines for HMDs were made by Bean_Cake and the species was previously owned by keiikoa !

honor point system wrote:I'm going to try something new. I see a lot of people talk about not being rewarded for effort, and I see where they're coming from, so I'm going to attempt a point-type system in which ALL* forms posted for an adopt are eligible for various amounts of points based on the criteria below. Some competitions may have maximum points awarded and some may not offer points, the opportunity for points is based on the artists' choice of competition. Bear with me as I work out the kinks in the system!

0 points = raffles and name competitions are not eligible for points
1 point = "prettying up"/coding, up to 100 words, sketch
2 points = 101-300 words, lined art piece
3 points = 301-500 words, lined + colored art piece
4 points = 501+ words, lined + colored + shaded art piece

*Winning forms and forms that earn runner-up dragons are NOT eligible to receive points! Additionally, it is your responsibility to keep track of your points.

Points will only be valid IF your post is not edited after the end date that the artist lists on the front page!

The exchange values for earning customs is not established yet. When the time comes, I'll likely consult staff (if I have them), community may vote, and I may talk to other species owners with HM systems to have their input.

FAQ wrote:What limits can artists put on point earning?
Artists frequently choose the parameters of their competitions based on their own availability or ability to judge a large amount of forms. Popular species adopts commonly have competitions with word limits ("up to 500 words", "100 word minimum") and word limits set by artists limit the opportunity for points. 500 word max. competitions cannot earn 4 points for writing, because breaking the limit would disqualify the form and void any potential points. Additionally, comps. that say 'no extras' means no extra art or writing can be added to count for points.

The point requirements can be mixed and matched?
Yes! An unlimited impress me means you could earn an insane amount of points if you went all in. You have one point score for writing, of course, but the points for art are per art piece. So if you write 300 words and have two colored art pieces, your score would be 8 points (2 + 3 + 3).

Can I get a custom some way other than honor points?
In the future, yes, customs may be purchased for C$ or dA points. Customs are not available right now, though.

I have an HMD from version one, are they still valid?
Yes, of course. If you would like, your dragon can be minorly revamped (the designed updated and transferred under this thread). The V1 dragons are listed in the archive as the category "O-#", "O" standing for "original".

How does the ID code system work?
the [letter]-[#] key is as follows
A = adopts made from V2, my (Pink's) ownership of the species
O = original, adopts made from V1, keiikoa !'s ownership of the species
C = custom, a dragon made by staff for someone
M = MYO, a verified dragon made by a community member
[letter]R-[#.#] - a runner-up dragon, number of runner-ups is identified by the secondary #

More to come <3

strikes and bans wrote:There are no current strikes. A strike may be given if you are found to be spamming HMD threads (and do not stop when asked), begging or guilting people to give you dragons, or refusing to change behavior when asked by staff. Strikes may be forgiven and removed in 9 months if no additional strikes are given in that time.

There are not any users currently banned from HMDs. A user may be banned if they are found to be making HMDs without permission, causing problems in the community, or sharing inappropriate content of their HMDs in community spaces. You will be warned regarding these things before a ban is issued. If you receive a ban, you may appeal it in 9 months time.
Last edited by ThatPinkThing on Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Bulletin

Postby ThatPinkThing » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:16 pm

Adoptable Dragons wrote:Dragons with currently running contests will be displayed here!
Image Image

News
The dragons are returning!

Stamps
Code: Select all
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3968853][img]https://i.imgur.com/4q9qJjf.png[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3968853][img]https://i.imgur.com/aUugKow.png[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3968853][img]https://i.imgur.com/Xj9e9L0.png[/img][/url]
Last edited by ThatPinkThing on Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved

Postby ThatPinkThing » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:13 pm

ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 𝐇imalayan 𝐌ountain 𝐃ragons

Postby ThatPinkThing » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:18 pm

One last reserve.

And with that, posting is open! Marks and questions are welcome, and the first dragons will be up for adoption this weekend.
x
x
x
x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

you can call me Kels or Pink - she/her - adult

my kalons
🏡 toyhou.se🏡
✏️ commissions✏️

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ThatPinkThing

My pets