Based on Click to view
Artist Violenca [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour
Drawing sessions 1
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Yaeko #11 - Dragonheart48

Postby Violenca » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:09 am

WHAT IS A YAEKO?

A Yaeko [yay·kho] (plural: "Yaeki") is a creature from outer space who has somehow found its way into the ecosystem on planet Earth. Roughly the size of a Great Dane, these oddities have long and powerful hind legs enabling them of bipedal movement over short periods of time. Their front legs - structured more like arms - possess three long claws as well as a "thumb" claw. These claws are surprisingly flexible, leading some to believe they may be used as fingers. Yaeki have been observed using these claws to crack open nuts, spear fish and cut open fruits - some even using them to pick locks and open doors. Their heads are encased in a thick layer of "ivory" which works as a protective helmet for their otherwise very sensitive heads. Yaeki communicate through a series of chirps, similar to those of a bird, although domesticated Yaeki may attempt to mimick human speech in the same manner a parrot would. They are intelligent and curious creatures - behaving much like an average toddler - and possess a strong will to learn and please their owners.

The most fascinating aspect of a Yaeko's anatomy is the transparent "dome" attached to their chest. The dome itself appears to be made of some sort of glass-like material. The contents of this dome are unknown, but it appears to contain some sort of colourful liquid or mist. Floating around in the strange substance is a charm. Every Yaeko has their own unique charm used for identification - and surprisingly, keeping nightmares at bay. People with a Yaeko in their household report having fewer nightmares than people who don't. This leads to speculation that Yaeki "trap" good dreams in their domes for safekeeping so their owners may have the same good dreams over again.

[s] Custom charm
username;; Dragonheart48
name;; Xena
gender;; Female
Last edited by Violenca on Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

art by kirwick
Violenca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Yaeko #11 - open

Postby Dragonheart48 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:45 pm

username;; Dragonheart48
name;; Xena
gender;; Female
answer;;
Xena, as you may or may not know, was an alien creature called a yaeko who wound up on earth. The landing itself was a bit rough and could probably be more accurately be described as a crash landing.

The force coupled with multiple impacts caused was jarring causing the the material of the ship to groan and splinter, which left her injured and trapped with no food, water, or easy way of escape. Refusing to let this new chapter of her life end after only just beginning she scraped her front paws against the metal as she clawed her way out of the wreckage.

Xena finally managed to dig herself out the ravaged space spacecraft after a day or so, it was hard to tell exactly how long it had been since she'd landed. Her legs and bleeding paws managed about four or five feet before they gave out and she collapsed from exhaustion and blacked out.

She was prodded awake, literally, by a strange creature she'd never seen before and focused all of her will power into moving away from it. Her body however was not cooperating as she fell back to the ground almost immediately, the odd creature worrying over her with its paws.

It suddenly turned and fled into the forest Xena breathing a sigh of relief, trying to relax so she would have enough energy to find water and maybe some food if she was lucky. The air of calm was shattered as the strange creature came bounding back a strangled burbling noise echoing through the woods.

It took Xena a moment to realize that the noise was coming from her and she slammed her jaws shut the two-legged thing making a shushing noise. The creature placed a metal bowl in front of her filled with water, and the yaeko was overjoyed but soon realized it could be a trick glaring at the human suspiciously.

The human made a scrunched up face but took a drink from the bowl before placing it back down in front of the alien making a gesture with her hand(Thumbs up), as if trying to signify it was not going to hurt her. Xena decided it was good enough and greedily swallowed gulps of the refreshing substance quickly draining the bowl dry.

This quickly became a regular thing with meetings between the Yaeko and the human, who Xena would learn was called Kara, happening at least twice a week even well after she was healed enough to fend for herself.

Kara quickly became her human, a creature the alien had come to love and cherish as if she was family. The yaeko also witnessed a phenomena, as the meetings began to grow farther apart, the human was getting bigger much faster than the members of her species.

Pretty soon her human Kara began to tell her stories of how stressful applying to schools was, and how her family had reacted badly to her not wanting to follow in their footsteps. Of course being a creature of a different planetary origin Xena didn’t understand half the thing her human said most the time.

However, now Xena wonders if during those long winded rants she was being warned of what was coming before it happened. Unbeknownst to the Yaeko Kara had gone off to college in another state, but the Xena showed up every week without fail to the same spot as always and waited.

Only this time Kara didn’t come, she felt confused and betrayed storming off in a fit of tangled emotions. But she couldn’t stop coming back, every week on the same day at the same time she goes to their spot and anxiously waits to see if this will be the day that her human finally comes back.

Extra things:(Coloring was a bit rushed, I may clean it up later)
Last edited by Dragonheart48 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐎 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
─────────────────────────────────────────────────

┍ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ┑
Hello all, I'm Dragonheart48
but you can call me heart or
Dh if you want. I'm a pretty
big marvel fan, as you can
see and I love rping various
things. I'm always up for a
trade or pm, so feel free to
send any of those my way.
I'm also actively searching
for shapeshifting characters
━ ━ ━ ━ © ━ ━ ━ ━
roleplay character storage
adoptable character hub

links:
Raptor Island | link
Return | The Voids
Shatteredclan | Return
┕ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐎 𝐈𝐓.
Dragonheart48

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tjebb » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:17 am

username;; Tjebb
name;; Perdido (Lost in Spanish)
gender;; Male
answer;; Perdido was out running with his friends. He ran into a cave, along with his two friends. They were separated within the cave, and Perdido was one who risked his life, got the other out, and is stuck in the cave forever. All alone.

My Kalons
I no longer actively draw using Oekaki, but I'll try my best to use the forums and talk via dms and such!
Looking for art!

Image Image Image
Tjebb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpotSong » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:44 am

username;; SpotSong
name;; Lola (meaning sad)
gender;; Female
answer;; Lola seemed to have misplaced her favourite blanket that she curls up with now and again. This little special blanket is a baby blue and has little fluffy sheep on it! REWARD: kisses.
https://artfight.net/~SpotSong

ImageImageImage

SpotSong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ikari shinji » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:31 am

username;; willowshine ~ she
name;; kayana
gender;; female
answer;; kayana is a sweet yaeko. nothing bad ever touched her, for her spirit was protected; after all, it was one of the kindred ones in this excruciating void known as life. but though nothing bad touched her, that was not the same for her friends. her friends experienced many losses; all of which came from the bad souls that leaked their evil into this earth. kayana wishes she could protect them, but the angels only surround her, not her friends... and to this day, she cries about their misfortune.
aesthetic board;;
w.i.p.
my name is srel hi, im a clinically insane autidhd bpder
special interests include genshin, hsr, evangelion, higurashi, prsk
interact with me ols i promise i am interesting, my discord user is srellous
my trade thread my art thread
ikari shinji

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Violenca » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:50 pm

bump <3

art by kirwick
Violenca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Violenca » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:11 am

Dragonheart48 wrote:username;; Dragonheart48
name;; Xena
gender;; Female
answer;;
Xena, as you may or may not know, was an alien creature called a yaeko who wound up on earth. The landing itself was a bit rough and could probably be more accurately be described as a crash landing.

The force coupled with multiple impacts caused was jarring causing the the material of the ship to groan and splinter, which left her injured and trapped with no food, water, or easy way of escape. Refusing to let this new chapter of her life end after only just beginning she scraped her front paws against the metal as she clawed her way out of the wreckage.

Xena finally managed to dig herself out the ravaged space spacecraft after a day or so, it was hard to tell exactly how long it had been since she'd landed. Her legs and bleeding paws managed about four or five feet before they gave out and she collapsed from exhaustion and blacked out.

She was prodded awake, literally, by a strange creature she'd never seen before and focused all of her will power into moving away from it. Her body however was not cooperating as she fell back to the ground almost immediately, the odd creature worrying over her with its paws.

It suddenly turned and fled into the forest Xena breathing a sigh of relief, trying to relax so she would have enough energy to find water and maybe some food if she was lucky. The air of calm was shattered as the strange creature came bounding back a strangled burbling noise echoing through the woods.

It took Xena a moment to realize that the noise was coming from her and she slammed her jaws shut the two-legged thing making a shushing noise. The creature placed a metal bowl in front of her filled with water, and the yaeko was overjoyed but soon realized it could be a trick glaring at the human suspiciously.

The human made a scrunched up face but took a drink from the bowl before placing it back down in front of the alien making a gesture with her hand(Thumbs up), as if trying to signify it was not going to hurt her. Xena decided it was good enough and greedily swallowed gulps of the refreshing substance quickly draining the bowl dry.

This quickly became a regular thing with meetings between the Yaeko and the human, who Xena would learn was called Kara, happening at least twice a week even well after she was healed enough to fend for herself.

Kara quickly became her human, a creature the alien had come to love and cherish as if she was family. The yaeko also witnessed a phenomena, as the meetings began to grow farther apart, the human was getting bigger much faster than the members of her species.

Pretty soon her human Kara began to tell her stories of how stressful applying to schools was, and how her family had reacted badly to her not wanting to follow in their footsteps. Of course being a creature of a different planetary origin Xena didn’t understand half the thing her human said most the time.

However, now Xena wonders if during those long winded rants she was being warned of what was coming before it happened. Unbeknownst to the Yaeko Kara had gone off to college in another state, but the Xena showed up every week without fail to the same spot as always and waited.

Only this time Kara didn’t come, she felt confused and betrayed storming off in a fit of tangled emotions. But she couldn’t stop coming back, every week on the same day at the same time she goes to their spot and anxiously waits to see if this will be the day that her human finally comes back.

Congrats <3
I realy loved your story and the Art you did !
Have a lot of fon with Xena <3

art by kirwick
Violenca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dragonheart48 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:27 am

Violenca wrote:
Dragonheart48 wrote:username;; Dragonheart48
name;; Xena
gender;; Female
answer;;

Congrats <3
I realy loved your story and the Art you did !
Have a lot of fon with Xena <3

Thank you so much!
𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐎 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┍ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ┑
Hello all, I'm Dragonheart48
but you can call me heart or
Dh if you want. I'm a pretty
big marvel fan, as you can
see and I love rping various
things. I'm always up for a
trade or pm, so feel free to
send any of those my way.
I'm also actively searching
for shapeshifting characters
━ ━ ━ ━ © ━ ━ ━ ━
roleplay character storage
adoptable character hub

links:
Raptor Island | link
Return | The Voids
Shatteredclan | Return
┕ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐎 𝐈𝐓.
Dragonheart48

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me