Drawing sessions 2
44 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by 2246

Kalon Kit - Winner Page 6

Postby 76heart » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:24 pm

how do i open this
hello everyone!
to celebrate the nursery batch between hareta and kenzo, the wonderful sixbane and myself decided to host a little readopt for two of the kits to give back to this wonderful community! it's something i've wanted to do for my first nb, so i'm glad i can finally do it!
since we also know with the summer event going on a lot of you wonderful people will be working on all that's going on with that and be fairly busy, we'll try and keep this a fairly easy contest!

the readopt sixbane is hosting of this one's darling sibling is here!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
we would both really love it if they could have some connection to their family still, and you are more than welcome to have them go/travel anywhere you'd like them to go in their adult life, but of course, if you'd really rather they have no connection, they don't have to have any.
prompt: tell us the relationship they have with their family! are they close, estranged, lost, ect?
you are more than welcome to describe the relationship with the family as a whole, or give specifics for each member.
you also have three extras!
these can be used for anything, playlists, art (moodboards will count as an art piece), extra writing, though only small animations (blinking, sparkle, head bobbing, etc) are allowed. comics must have three panels at the minimum, and while it's not required, for the writing, including the prompt, i'd love for at least 100 words? i'm not putting a max word count on it since i know i personally have a tremendously hard time keeping to it, and i really want to see all the ideas you guys have! judging will not be based on length however, it'll be quality over quantity; though i also know how much time and effort it can take to write a whole lot too, so that will also be taken into account. please don't let that discourage you though, write as much or as little as you'd like!

feel free to PM me with any questions you may have, or sixbane if your question involves their kals in the family!
Code: Select all
[b]username:[/b]
[b]name:[/b]
[b]gender:[/b]
[b]relationship with family:[/b]
[b]extras[/b]

end date: august 16th august 22nd, 11:59 pm EST
if you need extensions, please feel free to PM me!
it's unlikely there will be one given unless more than a few people ask however
edits wrote:Soft Fishpond - Kit 4
-Standard shine
-Standard hair
-Common tail
-Common fur
-Uncommon tongue
-Uncommon ears
-Rare horns

*the accessories are optional, and you're welcome to disregard them if you'd prefer
sixbane wrote:Note that Hareta lives in an old village; and Kenzo is a wanderer, they do not stay together but Kenzo visits the village every year on the kits birthday and does keep in contact for the duration of the rest of the year via letters and gifts.

**because a lot of people seem to be miscontruing his relationship with the kits a little- He is a very good dad! He makes every effort to send constant letters and gifts and visit whenever he can! He would very gladly take any kit that wanted to travel with him, and shower them in the same love he shows Tomiko, he only took her at an early age due to her curse, but his family means everything to him. You can write how the kit views him/mistakes this however you want- i just wanted to note that he does do his best lol

hareta - mother (owned by 76heart)
story here
hareta is a forgotten deity up in the mountains, cursed to be unable to do anything but watch from afar unless she is remembered by the people of her old home, the village she watches over. she used to be worshipped and loved, apart of her village, but memories of her slowly died out, and now she's left to wander her old home, unseen, watching, even after managing to lead her people to a better home through her flowers.

by some miracle, or stroke of luck however, she met kenzo, and with his abilities of luck, he was, and still is able to see her. he had come to the abandoned village her people used to live in looking for solitude, and instead he found her. they held a grudge toward one another at first, before slowly growing used to each other and finding solace, both of them helping the other become someone they were happier being.

neither of them indented to be parents, but they still remain friends and keep a companionship of a kind for the sake of their children, and remain contact through letters.

sixbane wrote:kenzo - father (owned by sixbane)
Cursed, since birth, it felt like everything he ever did brought sorrow. Upon his family, his friends, it was like the world around him faded to blackness and bitterness. The darkness of his heart, brought darkness with it. Being a lost child, found in a family who did not want him, he was admitted to a life of despair and cruelty. But what his family did not know, was that he possessed in him a great power to do more. His own happiness, could bring happiness to others. For he possessed a power- a simple power, to bring luck to those who make him happy.

But what, with that power, would you do if nothing made you happy?

For much of his youth he thought his lot in life was to destroy others, to lash out, grow angry, corrupt others with his foul luck, watch others lives fall apart upon the pedestals of cruelty they showed him for his actions, and for much time no one understood, no one tried to understand.

It was not always this way, however. Eventually someone did, and he was shown kindness. And in this kindness, he found peace, Presentism- The theory that only the present exists. The past and the future are only in your mind. And he found that it was not he who was corrupt, not others who needed to be corrupted. Others needed help, help that he could offer. By offering the simplest of things,

A smile in the face of darkness, no matter how pained it might be.
*best to contact sixbane for more info on him

taura ran - sister (owned by 76heart)
unlike her sister tomiko, she did not inherit her mother's curse, however, she did inherit some of her father's ability. she is able to sense someone's luck, when they will have a surge of it- good or bad-, wether it'll spin in their favor or not, and thus, she has grown to have a deep respect for both fate and karma. she doesn't want to mess with it, or accidentally make it worse for someone by telling them what the world is holding for them, or trigger a butterfly effect. because of this, and her attempts to resist the temptation of warning someone, she taught herself to say as little as she possibly can, so she doesn't slip up without meaning to.
she stays with her mother in their little place above the village, hidden safely in the mountains, and only leaves to get supplies when needed, or pick up or deliver the letters her parents exchange. she adores the gifts her father sends her, and often sends little trinkets or things she's found back.
taura also tends to be rather poised and elegant with her movements, just like her mother, and she quiet enjoys splashing through streams (something she has a large fascination in) and seeing all the nature around her, as well as making friends with the fish and other animals she encounters. she is also a bit naïve at times, though her ability is slowly changing that. taura remains cheerful despite it however, and is often sat atop a ledge, or in a stream with a content smile as she listens to the sounds of nature.

sixbane wrote:tomiko - sister (owned by sixbane)
Tomiko shares the same curse as her mother, if she is to be forgotten or unknown- she vanishes from the view of others. She is, however- unaware of this. She is a wanderer, and travels with her father because he saw the curse in her at an early age and could not let the abandonment befall his daughter, so he chose to take her with him, introducing her to everyone he could meet in the hopes she'd never truly be forgotten. She instead, sees this as an opportunity to help her mother find her place again- and everywhere she goes she tries to speak of her, too. In the hopes of sending potential visitors to the village and helping her feel less lonely.
Tomiko is very kind and generous, and sociable- being forgotten or realizing the truth of her situation would crush her. She is naive, perhaps too gullible for her own good. She has a good heart, and her father often makes fun of her saying its a little too big for her little fuzzy chest. She is- understandably, close to her father and he does everything in his power to give her whatever she wants (So she's a bit spoiled) But she is just a little kid right now, and will probably grow out of it.
*best to contact sixbane for more info on her

the info here may be updated as we work on the family and get things more figured out, but what's currently here will likely not be subject to change, so you don't have to worry about that <3
my hand writing on the drawing is so awful, i'm so sorry
good luck everyone!
readopt, readoption, ufa, adopt
Last edited by 76heart on Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon Kit - Up For (Re)Adoption

Postby cyborgishly » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:27 pm

markin!
this is calcutta,
bohemia is dead
cyborgishly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:29 pm

username:
name:
extras

ma rk ing ~
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eltonn » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:29 pm

mark w/the name jaelyn!
xxxxxImage
commission queue: 3 meme pages
working m-f 10:30am-7pm pm est
call me pap - she/they - adult
i have epi, which is pretty much lactose intolerance except for every
food. i just started treatment for it, but i often dont have energy.
if i owe you something or need to judge a comp, please dm me c:
eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby solasta » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:43 pm

Mark
solasta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lorne_Purnima » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:01 pm

Marking this one too, such cute babes. c:

username: Lorne_Purnima
    name:
    extras
    ╔════════════════════════════╗
    Image .can i sleep yet?. || Kalons. || TH.
    ╚════════════════════════════╝
    Image╔═════════════════════════════╗
    Image Image Image Image
    Image Image Image

╚═════════════════════════════╝
Lorne_Purnima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sicknasty » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:09 pm

found a partner!
Last edited by sicknasty on Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
just not here anymore -
check out my da or add me on discord!

box - they/them or she/hers
about - my kalons - da

ImageImageImage
sicknasty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinnamon Heart » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:34 am

Mark
ImageImageImage
she/her or they/them
bi ¦ BLM
Cinnamon Heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rottenmutt » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:49 am

username: rottenmutt
name:
extras
ImageImage

icon art by me.
things i enjoy
pokemon. neopets. opossums.

my kalons - art
rottenmutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chickpea » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:05 am

username: CompleteChicken
name:Erin
relationship with family:
extras
Erin is a sorrowful kit.she is cursed with immense good luck, but at the cost of the good luck of those around her,
So she lives alone far away and writes to her mother

An art

?

Res
Last edited by Chickpea on Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chickpea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me