Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

background practice by bug.gie

Artist bug.gie [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 6 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

background practice

Postby bug.gie » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:17 am

why do i love this background oof
any criticism is very much so accepted
    bug / they/them
    "your city gave me asthma"
bug.gie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bug.gie » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:21 am

Blackwinged Wolf wrote:Looks pretty nice! I'd suggest ruffling up the grass a bit so it looks more natural and putting some of it in front of the rocks, but everything else looks great. ^^

what do you mean ruffling it up?
i was going to put some front of the rocks and add in some trees but i got lazy lmao
    bug / they/them
bug.gie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bug.gie » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:44 am

Blackwinged Wolf wrote:
__surprise__ wrote:
Blackwinged Wolf wrote:Looks pretty nice! I'd suggest ruffling up the grass a bit so it looks more natural and putting some of it in front of the rocks, but everything else looks great. ^^

what do you mean ruffling it up?
i was going to put some front of the rocks and add in some trees but i got lazy lmao

Well, making it so it doesn't go in only one direction c:
Something like this -

Also I know it probably looks like fur, I just draw floof too much XD

oohhh i'll try that thank you!
    bug / they/them
bug.gie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: background practice

Postby ~Teya~ » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:54 am

Besides what Wolf said constructive crit wise, I'd say the hills look a bit plain? In the sense that there is nothing but grass. So I'd suggest adding shrubbery and maybe trees in the far away distance, as well as wildflowers; everyone loves flowers. c; Also, the water again, (I'm sorry xD) it's stiff. A river is full of power and life, and if you draw it correctly, you can almost feel as if you could be swept away by it at any given moment. Maybe you'll understand this better with this drawing I made a few months ago. Now of course, there are also lazy rivers. but still, there needs to be ripples to shows that it is moving. I'd suggest at least adding them in where the rocks are.
Overall, I hope you get better at backgrounds! I think you could get good at them if you just add a bit more personality to them. :)
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bug.gie » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:10 am

~Teya~ wrote:Besides what Wolf said constructive crit wise, I'd say the hills look a bit plain? In the sense that there is nothing but grass. So I'd suggest adding shrubbery and maybe trees in the far away distance, as well as wildflowers; everyone loves flowers. c; Also, the water again, (I'm sorry xD) it's stiff. A river is full of power and life, and if you draw it correctly, you can almost feel as if you could be swept away by it at any given moment. Maybe you'll understand this better with this drawing I made a few months ago. Now of course, there are also lazy rivers. but still, there needs to be ripples to shows that it is moving. I'd suggest at least adding them in where the rocks are.
Overall, I hope you get better at backgrounds! I think you could get good at them if you just add a bit more personality to them. :)

thank you for the criticism! i had plans of putting in trees and stuff in the background but i got really lazy and wanted to go and have my dinner
that's a really good piece wow, i understand now what you mean by that and will for sure use what you've told me!
thank you!
    bug / they/them
bug.gie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby ~Teya~ » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:56 am

__surprise__ wrote:
~Teya~ wrote:Besides what Wolf said constructive crit wise, I'd say the hills look a bit plain? In the sense that there is nothing but grass. So I'd suggest adding shrubbery and maybe trees in the far away distance, as well as wildflowers; everyone loves flowers. c; Also, the water again, (I'm sorry xD) it's stiff. A river is full of power and life, and if you draw it correctly, you can almost feel as if you could be swept away by it at any given moment. Maybe you'll understand this better with this drawing I made a few months ago. Now of course, there are also lazy rivers. but still, there needs to be ripples to shows that it is moving. I'd suggest at least adding them in where the rocks are.

thank you for the criticism! i had plans of putting in trees and stuff in the background but i got really lazy and wanted to go and have my dinner
that's a really good piece wow, i understand now what you mean by that and will for sure use what you've told me!
thank you!

Glad to have helped! ^^
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: background practice

Postby Swirlshine » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:13 am

Wow!!! This is actually beautiful, in my opinion!! Nice work! ;)

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me