12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #2565 - Mermaid vs. Sylph

Postby Vixen Luo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:30 am

Name: Caelan
    Gender for Breeding Purposes: Female
    Owner: Gadgetrocks
    Owned as of: 7/24/18 rehomed 10/15/18

UNFORTUNATELY MY ITEMS ARE NOT DONE AND I AM SO SORRY SCREAMS
    I will get those done ASAP! It's been a super busy week RIP me but I will get this baby fitted out with cool junk as soon as I can~
    The other adopt will be up a bit later, no worries!
    Our adopt theme for this week was Mermaid vs. Sylph Warriors -- I, of course, got Sylph! So, my adopt was based on traditional faerie themes as well as the Violet-Tailed Sylph bird ;w; I hope it delivered! <3

prize 1 adopt (here) | prize 2 adopt

Prompt 6

"Summer Battle"

For this prompt, we're only giving you two words -- Summer Battle. We want you to take this and meet this prompt however you want! Is it a verbal battle, a summertime heartbreak fought with words? Is it a hardcore water war between friends and family? Is it a dangerous escapade in lands far from cheerful summertime bliss? Go wild! We really want to encourage creativity this event, so we aren't looking for anything specific at all -- as long as it counts as some kind of conflict / 'summer battle', we're all for it. >:0

Rules/Limits:

There is a minimum requirement of 500 words OR 2 pieces of art for your form to qualify.
    There is a maximum of 2500 words or 6 art pieces.
    Art does not have to be colored to qualify.
    If you choose art, you can have 100 words per image to describe the scene a little (if you are afraid it's unclear).
    Your images may include words, but they count in the 100 words per image rule.

This prompt will be open from 7/9 to 7/16, 10:00 PM CST. Please note that this time is final. There are no extensions!

Mutations:
    Elemental Ears (Air Variant) - Event Rare
    Cloud Tufts (Cheek, Elbow, Ankle) - Roaming Event Rare
Last edited by Vixen Luo on Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vixen Luo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2565 - Mermaid vs. Sylph

Postby lex » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:37 am

Mark!!
just kidding im back a little
lex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyberdragon725 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:39 am

Res!
xxxx my fren
xcreaterazoralexhowl
xbettajamesmiloyugi
xblutengu
xxx x COLLEGE‼‼‼
x blu helped coding siggg.
xxxxxx ^Precious Blu Bean
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ 🌑 ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
x To Do ::
✁ Full time job! Growin up
✃ plz send help
✁ Make adopts
✃ Update that toyhouse
✃ Do your gosh darn homework
✃ Stop failing college
✃ HMU if you need a toyhouse code
✃ Anxious as heck, but I'm still here so there's that
✃ Comissions are open, feel free to pm me

━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ 🌑 ━ ━ ━ ━ ⭐ ━x
My Website - TH - DA - The Tribe
cyberdragon725

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fromage » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:41 am

"No way in hell that thing is my son!" Sigmund bellowed, spreading his wings out in attempt to terrify group of women in front of him but alas; none of them were even slightest bit afraid. Except for Pryce, cowering behind his grandmother whom were holding him protectively.

"Sanyi Tilo," Ohana started, looking extremely livid, causing her son to be even more angrier at the dead name, "answer me this, who else in Sho'Kiuix has wings like yours and his?" This question caused other women to glare at the deceitful leader; expecting him to accept the truth. It would never be easy with Sigre.

"First, my name is not Sanyi Tilo! That man is long dead, I have been Sigmund Aldenure since I was five, and Pryce would never become a viscet! He had no way of knowing how to reincarnate, and he was bed ridden with terminal cancer anyway!!" Sigre shot back with a snarl, not showing remorse for his biological son's tears.

"You are a Tilo by blood, an Aldenure by forced adoption." Aadya reminded, scowling at her ex-mate, stepping forward, "I don't care what you think of Pryce, you have absolutely no right to attack him like this on the day of his literal death and reincarnation. Or us, even, for wanting to protect him!" She snarled back, not caring that she might look unfit for a Sidhu dynasty heir. She loved children, and to see this precious boy get attacked set her on fire.

"Wow, just-" Juno started as she stepped out of a portal that shrunk into nothing behind her, sighing, "Aldenure, stop being silly. I went to human world and talked to Pryce, telling him he could reincarnate to see you. Pity, he had to see the truth to his father he looked up and loved so much. Oh, your wife too, such a sweetheart. Still so broken about your death, your other children as well." She finished with a knowing smirk like she's throwing more oil into the fire.

"You?" Sigre seethed, throwing himself forward only to fall into the ground, making a fool out of himself. He rose with mud dripping off his chest, his anger not ceasing at all; only growing more as this ludicrous discussion went on. He should have knew Juno to portal herself behind him as he got close enough. So foolish.

"That. Thing. Is. Not. My. Biological. Son." He emphasized each word, staring at the fading indent in the mud as he folded his wings against himself. He was lying to himself, Pryce was his son; by blood, yes, but he was nothing but a disappointment. His three siblings grew up healthy, becoming successful, competing to be the heir. Then this kid, pathetically enough, got terminal cancer when Sigre wanted him to become leader of Aldenure dynasty.

"Then who is he?" Wicker interpreted Harlow's signing, hiding behind her slightly, not really wanting the man to harm him even though she could very well protect him.

"A disappointment." Sigmund answered easily, turning to scowl at the little boy, causing him to shrink back with more tears. "Formerly a perfect little heir, but he answered with cancer so he's reduced to nothing but disappointment."

"Wow. So lets say, if you had children in this new life. Would they all be disappointments too?" Aadya asked, still snarling despite Ohana's efforts to calm her down with comforting contact.

"Yes, it depends on if they inherited my wings or not. This boy, doesn't count. He is not a viscet, he's a human. If you hate that so much, then why don't you adopt him, Aadya?"

"I will. He's my grandson, Sigmund. I've met him when we were human; if you can even remember that." Ohana responded, picking up sobbing Pryce with ease who snuggled into his grandmother for comfort. "Although you may send more children, if any, to Aadya." The mentioned woman nodded to agree to what her friend had said.

Sigmund looked off to the sky, frowning heavily for a moment before shaking his head. "This is utterly stupid. Do whatever you want with my offspring, I wouldn't care much if you kidnapped them." He informed before charging forward to take off into flight; leaving the group of women and his son behind in hateful judgement of him.

Viscets Used:
      Sigmund Aldenure
      Pryce Aldenure
      Ohana Tilo
      Aadya Sidhu
      Harlow Dread and Wicker
      Juno Atrlee
Last edited by fromage on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
fromage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:42 am

The battle of Venus.

Perhaps Venus would always be the best planet for mischievous summer fun, or that's what they said at least. Jae too, knew that it was the best planet for games of laser tag, but with real lasers, or water balloon fights but with incredibly durable balloons. The ground itself was mostly molten, layered with floating plates or rock and unsteady landforms which drifted about, untethered to any solid surface. Lava spewed from the unsteady surface every few paces made, and the atmosphere was thick with gas which was nearly opaque save for a three foot radius on either side. Perfect conditions for a bored space adventurer wanting to hang out with their equally bored friends.

He had often traveled to Venus when he was in search for a good time, and called his other pals to join him in a game or two of whatever dangerous but thrilling sport the group collectively desired. Today, he had managed to round up an incredible sizing of players -- Decarus, his best friend who was several years older but still rad; Persephone, his ex girlfriend but currently still friend,and Saphe. They had decided to embark on a water balloon fight in the heavy climate of the planet, in a sort of 'Capture the Flag' type game.

Once the game rules had been set, he set off a flare gun and everyone vanished into the fog. Jae heard footsteps every so often, but he was not quick enough nor accurate enough to hit anyone so far that he knew. His own balloons were filled with green paint. That's how his friends would be able to tell themselves apart. The player with the most hits would be deemed the honorary winner and new owner of the planet until next time they arrived. Jae felt a hard smack against his suit. He looked down sharply and saw a terrible splatter of pink paint against his chest. Saphe. He narrowed his eyes in the direction that it had come from and could almost make out the lean figure of a female viscet against the murk. The viscet closed an eye to gain a better angle on the target, and shot. Though he lost track of his balloon almost immediately, a satisfying yelp filled his ears which meant that, even if he had not hit Saphe, he had been close.

The game rang on, and all was joyous until suddenly a much faster, harder mass rammed into Jae's shoulder. This one was far different. White fire lit up the entire left side of his body, and the viscet found his vision tainted with dark stars that swam from side to side. He fell back into reality for a moment to find his lips wide open with a cry of pain, and looked down. With horror, he saw the terrible sight of red. Red blood, not paint. And the green fur surrounding had darkened to almost black. His suit had been compromised, torn somehow. What in the hell? With another jolt, he whipped out a package of suit-repairing tape, and slapped it over the wound and the tear in his suit alike. Protecting himself from Venus' dangerous climate was no longer an issue, but what had hit him? His mind buzzed with wonder, but the pain overthrew his reasoning.

Just then, another turret of thuds encased him. An explosion to his right, a rumble from behind. Panic. Jae ran. He didn't know where he was going anymore, and had lost the sense of direction guiding him across the planet's safe zones. As the thuds seemed to fade, another pressure bit into his mind. His friends.

"Decarus? Bro...where are you? P-Persephone? Saphe can someone here me?" He spoke as loud as he dared. He still wasn't aware where the threat was located or how close it was. Yet his friends were out there as well, in danger. He needed to find them before whatever that thing was did. All reason seemed lost as the wound on his shoulder throbbed. He began to scream, "Persephon-!"

"What, take a chill pill, man. You sound like you're actually scared." It was her. He pale blue hair appearing ever so slightly through the thick coat of blindness.

"Seph, I'm not joking, there's this gnarly thing out there, shooting fire balls and stuff." He looked to her face as she approached and in anger, noticed skepticism. "Seph...look!" He pointed to the fresh patch on his suit. At the splatter of red surrounding it and over to the red on his glove which had been stained as he fixed the hole."

"Woah! That's bl--...what happened? We need to get out of here. Let's get Dec and Saphe.Where are they?"

"I'm trying to find them though, just..."

A tremble shook the rest of his voice from his throat. A hand shot out from the fog and suddenly there was a crack in his helmet, then a pain in his abdomen. Persephone shrieked, and then there was more movement, blurs, and then a terrified cry. "Jae, run!" A hand grabbed his and suddenly the two were flying across Venus faster than he had ever moved before.

"Oh gosh oh gosh" he panted. "Seph who are they? Could you see them?"

Her face was on the brink of being completely drained of color. "They had the Swize pin on" she gasped for air. "I think...bad...not sure what they want, but...we're in trouble..."

Swize. They were the enemies of Jae's homeplanet. A different race of people which had been fighting his own for centuries. But why were they here now? Why were they trying to kill him and his friends in a peaceful and more importantly, neutral solar system? Unless, maybe...hostages? Oh hell... They really were in danger.

Jae remembered something. His necklace. He debated how to reach it as it was around his neck safely within his suit. Perhaps if there was another way...no, it was their last bet of help. His father had given it to him as a gift when he went away to flight school and now the parting words rang clearly in his delirious mind. The universe is a dangerous place. But this necklace can save you, God forbid you need it to. Use it, and it will call anyone from anywhere in the universe, all you have to do is tell it who.

"Seph wait!" he cried. "I'm gonna take off my helmet. You need to grab my necklace then replace it, I'll be completely knocked so don't wait for me, just push the button!"

"What?!"

"Push the button. Just do it!" And with that, the metal dome was thrown from his head. Darkness, darkness. But it was not the end.

---

"Hello? Yes, this is Persephone Blue! I am calling from Venus, the second planet in the Sol solar system. I'm eighteen years old, I was not hostile, and my friends and I are under attack in a peaceful zone by Swize troops. Please help us!"

The helmet was on but the oxygen was still faint. Darkness.

---

Then chaos. Jae awoke once more, and immediately felt the fear explode like a grenadine through his blood. He was on the floor, Persephone by his side, under the wing of a ship in the murky ground. There were now many noises above his head, and he suddenly was fighting to stand while Persephone shushed him and pressed him into the ground. "Sh, it's okay, it's okay. They've come to help us." More darkness.

---

Peace. The next time his eyes fluttered open, there was nothing left of the commotion. Bombs' screams no longer rebounded into his ears, and the flashes of terrible light no longer flickered within his vision. In fact, had the memories not been coursing through his brain, and the haunting visions not blazing through his eyes during each blink, perhaps the viscet would have believed that nothing at all was occurring, that nothing had just happened.

"Do you want to stand now?"

He nodded. As his eyes cracked open, he saw the tormented faces of Decarus and Saphe peering down at him. Safe.

She put a gentle arm around Jae's shoulder, and helped him to his feet. There was a long silence as they observed the battle field. Their eyes were large, their feet aching, and heart burning, but alive. His mind exploded with memories of the flashes and bangs and shouts, and he noticed that he was shaking. Or maybe it was Peresphone, or the rumble of a ship taking off from somewhere far away. Who even knew anymore. Jae's gaze rested on the wreckage of ruined spacecraft, then jumped to view the countless bodies laying sprawled against the jagged ground, then to the small fragment of a burst water balloon at his feet.

No longer would Venus be known as a playground nor a summer fun zone nor any place other than a monument for those lost in the battle.

[1492/2500]
Last edited by Unleashed Squiid on Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:57 am, edited 8 times in total.
Squid || She/Her || ENFP || Kals
Image hello I am tiny and you can’t read me! :) Imagehello I am font and you can’t read me! :) Image
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mint Chip » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:57 am

Life is unexpected at times. It isn't always what how you imagine it to be, more often than not, it's not how you planned either. This was the dark-furred viscet's mindset as he stood, silently taking in the surrounding. The unkempt grass half his height, broken down cars and a small treeline in the distance. This was not at all where he thought he'd be, yet here he was surveying this forbidden area in hopes of seeing a familiar face. The teenager shifted from paw to paw uneasily, he was rarely nervous or anxious but there was a lot of risk involved in his being there.

Cautiously, the black male stepped into the tall grass, his steps careful and silent as the grass filtered around his body. He'd grown so much since the last time he'd stumbled upon this place many summers ago. Back then it had been an accident that he had found this place, it had felt familiar because it had been where his family had previously called home. But that was before the threat arose, before everything had changed, and before his family relocated to the eastern side of the city. Still this place had called to him in a way he couldn't explain now anymore than he could have when he was still a kid. It just 'felt' like home.

Ciaran recalled roaming through the field completely unaware of how dangerous a place he was in then. His small frame rushing through the grass, leaping atop the cars littered throughout the field as he chased crickets and other creatures through the grass. In his excitement he hadn't realized he was being watched, that shrouded in the grass surrounding him was someone, curious of his presence. He could still recall tripping over something as he rushed through the thick brush. His small body tumbling, landing several feet away with a squeak. The presence he hadn't been aware of began snaking towards him quickly and all he could see and hear was the rustling grass as something neared him. Panicking, he had hunkered down and covered his head with his paws, hoping if he was pressed himself to the ground enough that he wouldn't be eaten by whatever predator was coming for him.

The grass stopped rustling as another small form emerged, the viscling about the size Ciaran was stood watching him hunkered down and trembling.

"What are you doing?" The young viscet asked confused, large ears twitching.

Ciaran twitched his owned ears, slowly opening his yellow eyes to peer at the voice. He stiffened before quickly sitting up, lifting his head high as he tried to hide his embarrassing display of cowardice.

"Nothing," He spoke defiantly. "Practicing a new technique, not that you'd know."

The other viscling tilted her head, twitching her long whiskers as she raised an eyebrow. Even being as young as she was, it was obvious she wasn't going to fall for that excuse.

"Practicing huh? Looked to me like you were scared." The viscling said with a laugh. "Where you scared of me?" She pressed, amused at that. "Afraid I was gonna eatcha?"

"No!" Ciaran replied with a pouting frown. "I wasn't scared, I'm not scared of nothing and nobody." He declared as he stood to his paws, standing as tall as he could.

The viscling carefully snaked her tail around behind Ciaran, tapping him which caused him to jump, whipping around. She fell over as she went into a fit of laughter.

"I got you!" She declared in between laughs.

Ciaran huffed, turning back to the odd viscling with a growl as he lunged at her. He didn't like to be made a fool of or laughed at, especially not by some girl. The girl squeaked as he landed on her and the two began to scrap. Ciaran was more accustomed to fighting even as his young age, it was part of his daily activities back home which gave him a bit of an advantage in the tussle. The girl shoved him off with a yelp but he gave chase, he wasn't done. His temper getting the best of him as he was focused on making her regret making a fool of him. The tussled in spurts with the other viscling on defense mostly as she tried to evade him. The squabble didn't end until she took the offensive and pinned him, the extra weight of her long tail helping her to keep him from pushing her off.

"Stop it! that hurt!" She growled, she had just been having some fun but he had taken it too far. "You're lucky my daddy hasn't run out here. Oooh you'd be in such big trouble."

Ciaran snorted, "I ain't scared of your daddy." He struggled beneath her but it was useless. His adrenaline was beginning to fade, taking his anger with it. "Let me up, stupid," He said with a grunt.

"It's not stupid, stupid. My name is Pearl." The viscling said, not budging an inch.

"Mine's not stupid either! It's Ciaran." He growled lightly, looking away before heaving a sigh. "Will you get off? You're heavy."

Pearl lowered her ears, frowning at that comment. "You're really rude you know. Didn't your mommy ever teach you any manners?"

"Get off!" Ciaran yelled. He managed to shift enough to give his leverage as he shoved her off. He moved away from Pearl, hurt by that comment but he wasn't about to tell her that. He turned his back to her, pulling his tail around himself.

"Why don't you just go away," He said lowly, his aggression replaced by a sort of sadness.

Pearl pushed herself to her paws, tilting her head in confusion. It was quiet now, nothing but the sound of crickets as the hot summer day was giving way to evening. Had she hurt his feelings somehow? She cautiously walked over and sat beside him, her ridiculously lengthy tail trailing behind her. She gave him a nudge to get his attention but he only turned away from her again. She sat there quietly for several minutes longer, she didn't know why he was so upset.

"You're a weird kid," Pearl said to break the silence.

Ciaran turned to her, "What?"

"I said you're a weird kid," Pearl repeated. "I mean you were playing one minute, then fighting and now you're quiet. It's weird."

"I'm weird?" Ciaran raised an eyebrow. "Have you ever looked at yourself? What even are you anyway?"

Pearl tilted her head, "What do you mean?" She looked at herself before looking back at him.

Ciaran blinked, uncertain what to say if she didn't understand. "Nevermind." He pushed himself to his paws and started to walk off.

Pearl watched him beginning to wander off. She hopped up to her paws and trotted after him, her tail and whiskers dragging a bit as she bounced.

"You're going the wrong way," She chimed as she caught up.

"I think I know my way around." Ciaran snorted.

"Uh-huh," Pearl bounced up to see over the tall grass. "Well, you obviously don't, cause that way is where my home is."

Ciaran furrowed his brows at her before jumping up to get a better view. She was right, he wasn't heading back towards the city. He rolled his eyes before turning directions. It was beginning to get late anyway, his family was probably already wondering where he was by now. He grimaced as Pearl caught back up to him, trotting in pace with him. He twitched his ears in annoyance as he picked up the pace, wanting away from this girl. Unfortunately for him, she picked up her pace to match. This continued until both of them were running, Ciaran trying desperately to get away from this annoying viscling. After several minutes of running, weaving through the thick grass, he began to enjoy himself again. It became a race, neither of them knowing where the finish line was but both of them eager to beat the other. He'd pull ahead a moment before Pearl would weave in ahead of him, the two intersecting through the grass. The circled around several times, weaving around the obstacles throughout the field, both of them taunting and laughing. Ciaran got the high ground, leaping down to get ahead but stumbled on the landing. This tripping both of them up and the two tumbled out of the grass and onto the sidewalk. They laid on the pavement a moment panting, stunned before they both burst out into laughter. The sun was setting and the two viscling just laid there, their laughter filling the cool summer air.

"Pearl?" Called a deep, adult voice. "Pearl! It's time to come in."

Pearl pushed herself up quickly, shaking off the grass and dirt from her fur. "Hey, you know, if you want to play again sometime-"

"Pearl! Where are you?" The adult male, her father, called again.

"Coming dad!" Pearl called as she stayed low, "You should come back sometime. We could fight or race again." She grinned playfully before darting off into the grass.

Ciaran watched her disappear, staying low until he could hear their low voices talking in the distance. He stood carefully, shaking out his own fur before he began to trot back into the city. That had been the first of many nights that summer that the two of them played. Sometimes they'd racing, other times they'd wage all out war with one another but most of the time they would end up laying in the grass, just talking. They were fond summer memories of a time long passed, when life was simple and he was unaware of so much. They ended up being caught one night near the end of summer when they had dared to stay out until the fireflies were the only light illuminating the otherwise dark field. His family had begun to worry that something had happened to him, so his father and a handful of others searched the city high and low for him.

His father followed his scent all the way to the field were he discovered the two tussling in the grass. He broke them up, scolding Ciaran then and there for straying this far. One sniff and he knew whose daughter this viscling was and he pushed Ciaran behind him as he stood between the two, growling down at Pearl. He had made it clear that the two were never to see one another again and he pushed Ciaran towards the end of the field as they turned to leave. Pearl had started to follow, not understanding what they'd done wrong and wanting to explain that they had just been playing when her father rushed past her and cut her off. He stood between her and the other two as a deep, low growl emitted from his throat. It was apparent the bad blood between the two, if not for their children's presence, there would have been a fight. But Ciaran's father pushed him onward, looking back with a growl to ensure the larger male understood he was leaving but wasn't above fighting him then and there if it came down to it.

That had been the last day the two had seem one another. After all this time, Ciaran hadn't once stepped foot near that side of town. Not until now. The memories of that summer hadn't replayed in his mind in years but suddenly he was here and they came flooding back as if it had only been yesterday. He scented the air as he continued to pick his way through the grass, this place still smelled the same. The faint scents of the city air mixing with the fresh scent of grass, bark, and old metal. He exhaled quietly, every scent was the same but one. He couldn't scent Pearl's, what little he could smelled faint at best but then again maybe her scent had changed. Maybe this was a bad idea, Ciaran thought, he didn't come to start a war but thinking about it now, he knew that trespassing like this could very well start one all over again. He lowered his ears, starting to turn, I'm assured she's forgotten me by now, heck, I thought I'd forgotten her too. Things had changed a lot since he was young, the turf war had never stopped, but in some ways it had slowed. Both sides seemed to accept that neither would budge, so lines were drawn and each group stayed to their sides. Occasionally one might stray or a fight might break out but most of the time it was idle threats done in passing but this, this was different. What was I thinking. He scowled at himself as he walked.

He was lost in his own thoughts now as he made his way out. His senses were tuned out just as much as he was. Far beyond unaware of his surroundings now that he didn't see or hear the tall grass rustling near him. He felt his tail snag on something, his fur raising as he jumped, startled. He looked back, blinking as he noticed his tail caught between two branches of a stick. He furrowed his brow as he looked around, How did this get here? There's no trees even close to here. He lifted his tail, trying to shake it off. It took a couple minutes before he managed to wiggle his tail loose, tossing the stick as far out of the grass as he could. He shook his head, Well that was weird. He turned and started back out of the grass, tripping over something on the way.

"Oof, what the heck was that?" He groaned as he pushed himself up. He looked back, expecting another stick or other foreign object. He blinked in surprise, "Is that.. a snake?" His fur bristling a bit as it moved. He perked his ears as he saw the end of the tail - a billowing, smokey cloud tip. He perked his ears as he turned back to follow it. Following the tail proved to be harder than he'd thought, she had grown quicker and trickery to catch than he remembered.

"Wait up!" Ciaran called, pausing to see where the grass was rustling most, he darted that way in hopes of cutting her off. It was several long minutes of chase, racing in circles before the two collided. The two ran directly into each other, knocking them back and rolling them over. Ciaran pushed himself up slowly, looking to the viscet he remembered but grown like he was.

"Pearl." Ciaran said, he panted as a smile started to form before it faltered. He could see the tenseness in her body as she had jumped back up. That was a more hostile stance, he knew it well.

"Wait, wait," Ciaran spoke cautiously. "Hang on, I just came here to see you." His words surprised Pearl, her stance beginning to soften. There was a silence between them but both slowly began to smile.
    ( 2500 / 2500 words )

Characters used:
Last edited by Mint Chip on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saberblush » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:05 am

"SUMMER BATTLE"

━━━━༻✿༺━━━━

Featured Viscets

AzaleaAilith
KuraiDaku
SakuraAzulia
ViolerosaRazmius
SorbariaZinnia

━━━━༻✿༺━━━━

(6/6 art pieces)

~All art drawn by me~

Azalea & Ailith, Beach volley ball battle
A normal day on the beach soon became a war when Ailith challenged her girlfriend Azalea to a volley ball match!

━━━━━━༻✿༺━━━━━━

Kurai & Daku, Father daughter summer training
Summer time for most is a time for fun and relaxation, but for Kurai and her father Daku it was preparation for the national ninja championships!

━━━━━━༻✿༺━━━━━━

Sakura & Azulia, Cuteness battle for a boy's attention
Sakura and her friend Azulia had decided that this summer day was a perfect one to go to the beach, but this friendly fun turned into conflict when they saw a boy they both thought was cute. It was then they began the battle of who was the prettiest to get the boys attention!

━━━━━━༻✿༺━━━━━━

Sakura & Daku, Trying to fight the feelings of love
This summer was one of mixed emotions and new feelings for Sakura especially since she had met Daku!

━━━━━━༻✿༺━━━━━━

Violerosa & Razmius, Water balloon fight
This hot summer day was perfect for a water balloon war, well at least to Violerosa, Razmius would have much rather spent his day relaxing instead of running and hiding!

━━━━━━༻✿༺━━━━━━

Sorbaria & Zinnia, Hot dog eating contest
A tradition held twice before, between Sorbaria and her daughter Zinnia, was back again and this time Zinnia was determined to win the 3rd annual hot dog chow down contest!

━━━━༻✿༺━━━━
Last edited by Saberblush on Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:20 am, edited 21 times in total.
Saberblush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Barnes&Rogers » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:33 am

xx"summer battle"
    ╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
xxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴅ //
xxxxxxxxxxxx[pluto, aidan]

xxxxxxxxxx

xxx[Summer Camping & The Great Water Battle]
        Heat was blaring down upon the small lake-side camp, streams of light filtering between the leaves of the surrounding trees. Laughter rang crisply throughout, its joyful sound echoing along the open expanse of water, until it faded out. The water was momentarily still, before two sets of paws crashed into it, sending the gleaming liquid into the air, only for it to fall back down upon them. From their mouths, the laughter flowed freely.

'Come on, Pluto!' Aidan spat out a mouthful of water as the older viscet dove under the water, his tail creating a splash that covered Aidan completely. It had been tradition, ever since Aidan had first met Pluto during an after-school cookery class, to head out to the lake for the summer, and let the greatest water-fights to exist begin. Sometimes there were five or six viscets at the camp-site at a time, but this summer, it was only Aidan and Pluto who had been able to make it. Neither had any other plans, and so it was decided that they'd spend a week relaxing and hanging out. The relaxtion didn't last long, however, as within two hours of arriving, Aidan had dumped a whole bucket of water over Pluto's head, soaking his fur, and giving him the fright of his life. He had been plotting his revenge ever since, and it seemed he was about to get it.

Aidan looked around the lake, his eyes narrowing as he tried to find the submerged Viscet, but underneath the glow of the sun, the water reflected the light back up, creating a barrier blocking Pluto from his sights. Staying in the water was his first mistake. Within seconds, paws wrapped around his ankles, pulling him underneath the waters surface, and he let out a yelp of surprise. Opening his eyes once under revealed Pluto, bubbles surrounding his head as he laughed, back paws treading water lightly to keep himself suspended in place. Rolling his eyes, Aidan swam towards him, his tail working as a propeller. Upon spotting the approach, Pluto made a dash for the shore, his paws struggling to keep a steady pace. Aidan caught up quickly, his head bobbing out of the water to catch a breath, before he lunged, pushing against the water to tackle Pluto out of it. Together, they tumbled onto the sand, laughing and spluttering. Rolling away from each other, they pulled themselves off the sand, shaking their fur free of excess water.

'Aidan 2, Pluto 1,' Aidan grinned, but he only got a smirk in return, before the white-furred viscet was racing towards the camp-site, and the tents. It wouldn't be 2:1 for long.

The afternoon passed in a blur, between a proper swim in the lake, and lunch, but the fun was far from over. They had spent a small while out in the sun, letting their fur dry off slightly, and in the calming warmth, Aidan had fallen asleep. That, was his second mistake. Slowly, Pluto crept up behind the napping viscet, the water balloon bombs in his hands. Tossing it lightly, he prepared to fire. Sitting up with a yawn, Aidan wasn't prepared to defend himself from the rain of water balloons that rained down upon him. But bless him, he tried his best. Paws flying, he attempted to catch the coloured containers, only for them to snap as soon as they hit his paws. His yelps of both panic and enjoyment were gurgled as a balloon hit him directly in the face, making Pluto almost drop to the ground with laughter. 2:2.

They both retired to their tents that evening, too tired for anymore pranks. Plans, however, were much less tiring, and as they fell asleep, the next days battle was sure to be a good one.

As the sun was rising above the mountains, Aidan's plan began. Sneaking quietly from his tent, he let himself into Pluto's, moving as quietly as he could. There was a grin on his face as he pulled the matress from inside, careful not to wake the sleeping viscet upon it. It took him less than twenty minutes to get from the campsite to the lake edge. The inflatable bed wobbled as he pushed it gently onto the water, giving it a shove as soon as it was floating. Laughter slipped from Aidan's mouth as he watched his friend make his way unknowingly to the middle of the lake. There were a few minutes of silence, before Pluto stirred, his eyes opening groggily. It didn't take him long to realise what had happened. Shooting up, he looked back towards shore, where Aidan stood, grinning giddily.

'Aidan!!'

The battle had been won.
        [783 words]

xxxxxxxxxx

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Last edited by Barnes&Rogers on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
Barnes&Rogers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Samsherwoodc » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:05 am

Res
link | link | Toyhouse(credit of art) | cred.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Don't Cry!
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
★▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪★
I am a transgender male.
I love BNHA,
Pokemon SWSH,
my Species,
and story of
spirit crest demons!

★▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪★

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
L A M B
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Samsherwoodc

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

《 ♠ // a game of chess 》

Postby ✦ nemuri » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:42 am

x
    indent
    hoshi's silver eyes narrowed slightly as she nibbled at the bottom of her lip, lost in thought. her pupils were trained on the chess pieces lying on the board in front of her, and from the edges of her peripheral vision, she could see ligonem's expression. he appeared to be smiling smugly, and the smaller viscet ground her teeth together in frustration at the thought that her father would beat her again. she wouldn't be able to take this defeat with dignity, and as her hardened eyes swept over the chess pieces again, she let out a tentative sigh before reaching for one of her bishops. sliding it diagonally towards one of ligonem's knights, she captured the piece, gritting her teeth, knowing full well how her father would capture her bishop with one of his pieces. it was the only move she could make without putting her king at risk, and with a little less pieces on the board, it might even be easier to win the game.

indentat hoshi's action, ligonem raised his head slightly and raised an inquiring eyebrow towards his adoptive daughter. the smaller viscet had a neutral expression on her face to hide away her apprehensive feelings, and she swept her paw across the chess board, clearing her throat softly as she did so. "didn't expect that now, did you, ligonem? even though you're the one who plays chess the most with me, you will never figure out all the types of tricks i have hiding up my sleeves. right now i'm in a very favourable position for me to seize victory; now, all i need to do is wait for you to make your turn, and depending on your actions, things could be easier or harder."

indent"are you expecting to scare me with those words? i've been playing chess for a while, i know what you're up to," ligonem commented offhandedly, glancing downwards at the chess board. he let out a bored hum as he set his elbow onto the table and rested his face on his paw, and as he reached for his rook, he moved it horizontally across the board to capture one of hoshi's rooks. the younger viscet's face contorted slightly in surprise at her adoptive parent's decision, but as she peered down at the board, her heart sunk slightly at the fact that she didn't have many options to cover up the gap that had been opened up, after her rook had been captured. her king was in obvious danger, and as she bit her lip, thinking, ligonem spoke up again. "so, what are you going to do now, hoshi? you don't have any other pieces to take out my rook, and if you move your queen anywhere else except where she had come from, she will be captured. this might be a little difficult for you to win this round."

indent"sure, it could be difficult, but when have i ever backed down from a challenge before? you, of all viscets, should know that best. besides, i don't really think my queen should be my biggest concern right now." hoshi let out a small hum of amusement as she leaned back into her chair and crossed her arms over her chest, silver eyes narrowing slightly once again as they began to move across the chess board. options and plans flitted around in the smaller viscet's brain, and although she kept rejecting them, more continued to fly in. she adopted a terse, concentrated look, and when willow and nabi entered the room, their attention was instantly whisked away by the tense atmosphere that surrounded hoshi and ligonem.

indenthowever, the smaller viscet didn't let the added pressure from willow and nabi's newfound attention throw her off her game. if anything, a large smile slowly took place on her lips, and when she sat back after she had made her decision, ligonem's eyes grew wide and willow let out a surprised sound from the back of her throat. the four-eyed viscet raised his head in confusion at hoshi's move, and hoshi merely cocked her head and smirked. "i certainly surprised you here, didn't i? i bet you weren't expecting me to pull off something as bold as this."

indent"as always, your play style is true to yourself and you never let minor inconveniences disturb your train of thought or throw you off for even the slightest moment. i'm surprised that your mentality is this strong, hoshi," ligonem murmured, glancing at the piece that his adoptive daughter had just moved. hoshi's queen had been moved so that it would've captured the pawn in front of ligonem's king, therefore putting his king into check. the horned viscet clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth in annoyance as he crossed his arms, quietly contemplating his next moves, as well as to figure out what sort of strategy hoshi might've been utilizing. the smaller viscet had always been a bit of a wild card whenever it came to chess, and it was during times like this that it really showed. why would hoshi put her queen in danger like that? it would be easy for ligonem to just take out the queen with his king, but as always, he knew that there was more going on within hoshi's head than she had let on. "the question is, why are you putting your queen into danger like that?"

indent"wow, this is truly a battle of wits, isn't it? this is so cool to watch, but at the same time, i feel a little overwhelmed because i can't quite keep up with the two of you," nabi murmured softly, eyes widening slightly as she glanced at both hoshi and ligonem. if looks could kill, then the poor chess board would've already left the physical world and had its spirit disintegrated from only the intense, concentrated stares of the two viscets. they didn't say anything in response to the viscet with heterochromania; it wasn't as though she needed to hear an answer in particular, because nabi knew what hoshi or ligonem would say in this sort of situation. besides, both hoshi and ligonem were too focused to pay the butterfly patterned viscet any mind.

indent"the two of you are crazy, you know. who in their right mind would hunch over a chess board for hours on the end, with the only reward is the sense of satisfaction from beating the other player? there's so many other things that you could do that would be infinitely healthier, in my opinion, and sitting down for hours is not one of them." willow let out an annoyed click of her tongue as she raised a paw to move a strand of hair away from her face, and although her voice implied that she was annoyed, it was clear that interest was evident within her crimson coloured eyes.

indenttapping a paw against the edge of her board as she waited for her adoptive father to make a move, hoshi grinned and twitched the tip of her tail slightly. ligonem would've at least figured out that her queen's placement was just a ruse to get his king moving at this point, and judging by the looks of things, he was trying to decide what sort of move he should make to counter the imminent danger that hoshi's queen posed, and predict any sorts of other attacks that the smaller viscet might throw against him if he moved his king or any other piece. "ligonem, please make your move already. we don't have all day. this match might've gone by quicker if we only had a certain amount of time to think over our choices before moving a piece..."

indent"is that how you truly think, hoshi? i hope you don't mind if i say this, but it's not like you're quick to make decisions, either. we both take just as long, and you've got to accept that this is just the life of viscets who enjoy playing chess a little too much," ligonem answered bluntly, rubbing at his butterfly wing tufts slightly in annoyance. finally, he reached for his remaining bishop, and as he slid it towards his king, he captured hoshi's queen in turn. the smaller viscet blinked in confusion at her adoptive father's sudden move, and she grit her teeth slightly for not taking his bishop's existence into account. ligonem let out a small snort at hoshi's agitated expression before turning to face a nearby window to his left. "remember, hoshi, you have to look at the big picture. you know i dislike moving around my king, so you should probably exploit that trait of mine."

indent"why are you telling me this? geez, now i know for sure that you're gonna change up your plans some more in an attempt to throw me off," hoshi groaned loudly, bringing her paw down onto the table with a loud thump. the jolt on the table had caused several of the pieces to fall over and shift their positions slightly, and when ligonem shot her an annoyed stare, the smaller viscet mumbled out a small apology. fixing up her chess pieces, the silver-eyed viscet let out an irritated sigh and glanced down onto the board, gritting her teeth as she did so. nabi chuckled softly at her adoptive daughter's reaction while willow merely raised an unimpressed eyebrow at hoshi's small outburst, and the tip of hoshi's tail and her ears drooped down slightly.

indent"don't worry too much about winning, hoshi! regardless of the result, i'll be sure to have a nice cold popsicle or an ice cream cone waiting for you as a reward. you've done so well already, especially since ligonem has spent many years honing his skill in chess, and you've only just recently picked it up. i understand that thinking and using your brain a lot in this heat can be rather unbearable, but just a little more, and you'll be there! good luck hoshi, and willow, come with me," nabi exclaimed, shooting both her mate and her adoptive daughter a smile as she turned around and exited the room. willow, who had been licking and eating a popsicle of her own, raised an eyebrow at nabi's sudden decision, but made no efforts to argue against it. choosing instead to follow her mother, the horned viscet let out a sigh and gave hoshi one last look.

indent"hey, hoshi? make sure you beat ligonem into the next universe over. i don't really care what nabi just said, but i don't want to see you lose to him, of all viscets," the butterfly and lightning patterned viscet called out, just as she exited the room as well. hoshi was left to stare at the space where her adoptive mother and sister had just stood a while ago, and a strong feel grabbed hold of her heart. it made her smile slightly on the outside, and when the silver-eyed viscet turned back to examine the chess board, she noticed how the feeling had only enhanced her thought process. ligonem snorted once nabi and willow had left, before turning his attention back towards the smaller viscet.

indent"wow, you've got both nabi and willow cheering for you to win. how on earth did you manage to do that, especially with willow? doesn't she hate your guts or something?" ligonem questioned, his voice flat and monotone as he reached out and stretched his arms over his head. hoshi raised an eyebrow and let out a small chuckle as she took hold of her knight and moved it to a square so that she would be able to capture ligonem's bishop if he didn't move it. the older viscet let out a small yawn as he blinked blearily, and when his eyes refocused on the chess board, he let out a small hum of approval. "hmm. well, i have absolutely no idea what you're trying to do right now. you really are a wild card, hoshi."

indent"i guess i'll just take that as a compliment, even though it really could be taken in both directions," the smaller viscet commented as she shifted around in her seat. if what ligonem had said was true, then taking him by surprise could really end up being a possibility. of course, things are never easy, and until hoshi was one hundred percent sure that her adoptive father had meant what he had said, she had to be on her guard. in any case, it did seem like the male viscet was having some sort of issues with determining what he should do to counter his adoptive daughter's move.

indentthe chess fight continued to carry on, and as nabi occasionally dropped by to see how both hoshi and ligonem were doing, the two of them eventually lost most of their pieces. the silver-eyed viscet was left with her king, one pawn, one rook and a knight, while ligonem was only able to use his king, his bishop, a rook, and a queen. although both viscets had the same number of pieces, the four eyed male had the upper hand because he had more pieces he could actually utilize, whereas hoshi had a pawn that was still a while away from reaching the end of the board. finally, after ligonem had taken out hoshi's pawn and had cornered her king into quite the position. her king was surrounded by her adoptive father's pieces, and although hoshi's knight was still on the board, it was too far away to be of any help.

indentgritting her teeth slightly in irritation, hoshi let her paws drop and hang limply at her sides. as far as she could tell, she wouldn't be able to get her king out of the situation; her king was literally in a corner with her adoptive father's rook directly checkmating her, and if she moved up, ligonem's queen was ready to come down diagonally to take out the king. if hoshi were to move up diagonally, then ligonem's bishop was in the perfect position to capture the king. no matter what she did, hoshi was in a pickle, so she merely let her head drop in disappointment as ligonem smiled slightly.

indent"checkmate, hoshi. that was a pretty intense match, and i commend you for whittling me down to my last pieces. if only you had aimed to take out my queen earlier on, it might've not come to this ending," ligonem said, reaching over and extending his paw towards hoshi so that the smaller viscet could shake his paw. she took hold of it hesitantly and gave it a small shake before letting go of it again. she let out a sigh and leaned against her chair, as the butterfly tufted male played with his king.

indent"huh, is that so... well, i'll challenge you to another match later, but for now, let's get those popsicles. the summer heat isn't fun at all, especially after a bout of chess."

indent"agreed. let's go and get our treats."

indent[ 2500 / 2500 words ]
    indent[ viscets used/mentioned ; hoshi, willow, nabi, ligonem ]
Last edited by ✦ nemuri on Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
✦ nemuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me