Based on Click to view
Artist ferretleaf [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
36 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Furtopian 383 - opossum - closed

Postby ferretleaf » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:55 am

HI THIS IS MY FIRST DESIGN heres an pirate opossum furtopian bc i love pirates and i just think opossums are neat

anyway to win them tell me their likes/dislikes, a bit about their personality and show me what their pirate ship looks like! you can link a picture of a ship or describe it in words if you prefer ^^

extras/prettying up is fine!

Code: Select all
username:
name:
personality:
what does their pirate ship look like?:

ends in 1 week time (16th of July) :3

winner is Golden-Boy :3
Last edited by ferretleaf on Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
ferretleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

- aye it be captain two-legs

Postby bakuraas. » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:10 am

username: Golden-Boy
name: Freeland Hawkboard
- Golden-Coin Chocolates [ the snack of kings, it be ]

Freeland grew up on a diet of mostly two things, oranges and chocolates. Most of the chocolates he received were from his mother as he took a journey with his father on the ship they both shared. A lot of the times, the chocolates would be orange-chocolates, where there would be an orange coated in chocolate. While Freeland enjoyed that treat, he enjoyed the special gift of golden-coin chocolates even more, as the shiny covering reminded him of the same kind of material that he and his father constantly wished to find.

- Patchwork [ the only proper way to sew up a coat ]

Freeland learned to patch up clothing far after his mother's passing, learning it from his father as they mourned. Patchwork used to be his mother's favorite pasttime, and Freeland would take up the way of fixing up clothing in honor of his mother. In fact, the inside of some of his clothing is patched up with slices of fabric from other parts of his clothing. The backside of his pants has a patch of his shirt, and a patch of his shirt has a tad of his coat, though it wouldn't be clear to see to most people.

- Apple Juice [ the sugar in it be me savior ]

Due to his acid reflux, Freeland was never able to drink many things as a child. If something had the slightest bit of carbonation or a bit of alcoholic influence, he'd puke off the side of his father's boat. The opossum also had a bit of difficulty with the sugar levels in his body, needing to take in more sugar than most others, leaving his father somewhat confused as to what he could do to make sure his son was alright. That's when they figured it out. Hyper-sugarized apple juice. Even now, Freeland tends to keep kegs of it on his ship for his consumption.

dislikes:
- birds [ aye, it be the work of them that took me arm flesh ]

Freeland found a hatred in birds after an incident shortly after the passing of his father, when he officially found himself on the ocean alone on his father's ship. A large bird had attacked him on his way, not only injuring his arm, but also giving the male a near-death experience that destroyed his father's ship, the bird having attacked him at a crucial moment in sailing. Fortunately, Freeland survived the encounter. The bird however? Not so much, but that was Freeland's doing, not the rock's. He seems to have no sympathy for any birds at all, even going as far as to order people to shoot down birds they see when out on the water. Though, thankfully, a lot of people believe that it's just a sign of menacing presence towards others on the waters. A calling card of the evil Two-Legs. But no, it's just him being petty about a bird pecking his arm.

- trumpets [ ya captain got sensitive ears, lad. ]

The sound of trumpets is a sound that hearts the opossum more intensely than anything else he can comprehend. Even more unfortunately, the trumpets also remind him of a place where he'd rather die than return to. The kingdom of Trefendo. Trumpets had signaled his arrival to the kingdom in a prison ship after a journey. Fortunately, or unfortunately, Freeland had made sure the trumpets of Trefendo had been silenced before he left. Permanently. Not only does the sound of trumpets hurt the captain's ears to the point where elongated listening can cause headaches, puking, and possibly other symptoms, but it brings up a fear of a survivor of Trefendo finding him, and capturing him once again. It's one of his biggest fears, but he'd never admit anything of the sort. After all, it's just a bit of sensitive hearing, it's not as if anyone from that incident would actually hunt him down...right?

- Alcohol [ acid reflux will get ye, lad ]

Back in relation to his acid reflux, there are many drinks that he dislikes, especially carbonated drinks such as sparkling water, "so-derr" [Soda, but he's a bit uncultured, seeing as he's a bit of a old-timer], and most of all, alcohol. If you ever had to meet a pirate who hated rum more, you'd have to go to the bottom of the ocean. Freeland can't even handle a wiff of alcohol, let alone a sip, or god forbid a chug. It's been said by his former crew members that he's not able to handle anything even containing alcohol. It's been said that he once was given alcoholic apple cider as a drink, to see if he really did hate all alcoholic beverages, twelve seconds and a gallon of puke tossed off the side of the ship later, it was proven correct.

personality:
Freeland is a traumatized villain. When he was young he was a respectable lad who new how to hold this tongue. As all he cared about passed on, he became cruel, malicious, becoming the kind of pirate that you'd hear in tales. A pirate that would murder without a second thought, a menacing being to be feared, a pirate who's name strikes the fear into any sailor's heart, who had a history of sunken ships and broken lives following him like a cape. He feels prideful in this, glad that he can be respected simply by doing what he does best. He knows that most think that opossums are to lay down and play dead in the face of danger. But Freeland doesn't play dead. He plays with death, and he's quite good at it.

Freeland's ship is a very close replica to his father's old ship, and it's quite rough around the edges, but it's workable. The wooden outside of the ship is painted a dark black, and it's clear that the ship's been in a few collisions, as there's clear streaks of light brown peaking through the dark paint, but some would say that it gives the ship a darker tone, more edge to it's design if you will. Besides the paint job, the ship looks rather clean and tidy. The front of the ship is decorated with a large mermaid, though the mermaid also seems to be covered with spikes, and the eyes of the mermaid seems to be completely carved through, leaving quite an eerie imagery across the boat.
The flags of the ship seem relatively untouched, except for the jolly roger, which seems to be quite torn up over the years, and has a very blatant symbol of a Opossum playing dead on the black flag. A false symbol of retreat to some, and a symbol of death to others.
The inside of the ship isn't very impressive, very bland wallpapers, and a very minimalist use of space. The space not used for a dining area or a sleeping area is used as storage, where you can find enough apple juice for a lifetime. A lot of the walls seem to have targets on them, with darts and knives sticking out of them, which seems to be the only decoration around here.

Last edited by bakuraas. on Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:42 am, edited 16 times in total.
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Furtopian 383 - opossum

Postby boiledspaget » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:39 pm

username: Boiledspaghet
name: Simon Sonorious
likes: His hat (created and given from his best friend Seymour). dem british black tea. Taking good care of his nails, he gotta look fabulous while stealing from others.

dislikes: squids(too squishy, sticks to his back sometimes). Oatmeal( When he was little, all his family could afford is oat, this reminds him of his childhood, being poor and helpless.
personality: Kinda foolish, tells stupid jokes. A little too carefree. A cheerful lad. very loyal tho, won't leave his crew behind.
what does their pirate ship look like?: Big wooden ship with silver lining. Have patterns of goats on the side. Cannons are stored on the bottom, they have openings to shoot at others when needed. < those are star shaped with a little goat on the top and bottom. *4 cannons on each side. The sails are navy blue like his coat.
Character and art created by boiledspaget

ImageCheck out my art shop!
boiledspaget

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lorne_Purnima » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:14 pm

BIG. OL. WIP! I love pirates so much T-T

Username
    Lorne_Purnima

Name
    Ramsay Balthier
    - Gold "Makes the world go round, friend."
    - Music "Makes a bad day better and a good day great."
    - The Ocean "The salty air, the endless horizon, the ships to plunder, whats not to love?"
    Dislikes
    - Sharks "Cursed beasts of the deep."
    - Lazy crew members "Waste of space the lot of you!"
    - Storms "Loud, damaging, life threatening for no good reason; not worth it."
    Personality
    What does their pirate ship look like?
Last edited by Lorne_Purnima on Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ╔════════════════════════════╗
    Image .can i sleep yet?. || Kalons. || TH.
    ╚════════════════════════════╝
    Image╔═════════════════════════════╗
    Image Image Image Image
    Image Image Image

╚═════════════════════════════╝
Lorne_Purnima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shawty-cs » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:25 pm

mark!
any designs you see of mine, that is not credited to shawty on th is STOLEN artwork.
shawty-cs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laika. » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:36 pm

─────────────── S H I P ───────────────
username:
blackbirds.
name:
Lord Remington “Arledge” Cheriè VII
dislikes:
sailors, mutiny, and murder

───────────────────────────────────
Playlist.
Pirate's Lullaby
The Pirate's Bride
Hoist the Colours
The Longing

───────────────────────────────────────
personality.
Arledge is a merciful captain, as he wishes to return his ship unharmed.
He hates to stain his paws, and will never kill. His pet peeve is damaging
his ship, though, and he is known to make insane decisions to save it.
He is very sassy and sarcastic to his crew. Arledge can also be very
extra at times, giving him the nickname Captian Obvious. There are
stories passed around the seas of him, and the times that he had with
his crew. Arledge despises violence and will do almost anything to
escape fighting. He is also quite known for his tactic to play dead once
challenged.

Arledge is known for his Ebony ship, named 'The Deceit Within
Shadows', after his encounter with an old witch who claimed
to have the powers to save his sister. Needless to say, the
witch was lying, and his sister passed soon after. His ship
is a full rigged pinnace, with a silver figurehead of the
goddess Calypso, herself. A full rigged pinnace is a ship that
was common in the early seventeenth century and were
lightly built. A pinnace typically has a single deck, used
mostly for exploring, sailing, and light navy uses. They were
also built more narrow than typical ships. The build of the
ship makes it a small, fast, and easily maneuverable ship.
Arledge went and decorated the exterior with accents of
silver, using a feather-like pattern. The other notable
exterior features are the fact that The Deceit Within
Shadows has no cannons.

In the interior of The Deceit Within Shadows, it is quite
cozy. Arledge always tries to keep his small crew of three
comfortable and takes care of them the best he can.
Arledge has a small eating area that lays near the ladders
to ascend to the top deck, with hammocks spread
throughout the inner ribbing. For his crewmates, he also
includes a net atop the hammocks for them to store
personal belongings, such as any trinkets given to them
from home.

───────────────────────────────────────
Last edited by laika. on Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.
laika.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SIXSIN » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:54 pm

username: Shatzee
name: Juan ( Also known as, Captain blue pearl )
dislikes: Swimming ( yes even though he is a pirate he can be hydrophobic ), Being on land for long times, Bees
personality: Very outgoing yet friendly and kind-hearted, Kai would always lend a helping hand to sea creatures in need even sharks need a hero.
what does their pirate ship look like?: Like this but with a blue streak on the side with a small white pearl saying " The S.S blue pearl" Juan, of course, has this ship based off of his own last name ( Pearl) and the nickname his dear mother used to call him ( Blue, hence him always wearing and loving the color blue, Even when he was young Juan was trying to sail, building toy boats to float amongst the crashing waves and to sail in the salty ocean breeze. Something about it all was calming to Juan and he'd do this often)
He/Him, Adult

SIXSIN

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaplantai » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:56 am

╔═֎═══════════╗

username: kaplantai

name: alberic

dislikes: seaweed, wind, and a unhappy crew

personality: alberic is witty and full of charm.
the world is his oyster, but he uses it for good.

what does their pirate ship look like?: his ship
is similar to this but with grey stained wood.

╚═══════════֎═╝
Last edited by kaplantai on Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
━━━━━━━━━
xxkaplantai
xxxx/kap•lan•tie/
xxxxxxxxnoun
━━━━━━━━━
Image Image
━━━━━━━━━━
✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵
━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━
uni student. quiet artist.
friend to all. coffee lover.
funky dancer. poet. astro
logy fanatic. tired 25/8.
tumblr about me art

━━━━━━━━━━
Image Image
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Imagexxbut
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
heyo, i'm kaplantai. call me kap or tai. i am a busy uni
student that loves coding and art. i have a siggy shop:
& a pixel shop: . check em' out. thanks and peace doods.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Image Image

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
kaplantai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pastel-burnt » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:20 pm

username:
Pastel-burnt

name:
Captain Hartmann

name meaning:
Means "brave man", derived from the Germanic element hard "brave, hardy" combined with man.

Treasure (especially money), collecting strange & cursed objects, clutter, good food, his ship

dislikes:
Excessive cleanliness, having his collection called junk, frequent baths, fancy clothes, rich people,

personality:
Ironically, Hartmann is the opposite of brave and a captain in name only, a coward desperately trying to keep reigned in a group of ragtag and dirty pirates from causing chaos across Furtopia's wide oceans. He disguises his cowardice under an arrogant impish bluff, blustering & lying to save his skin from a possible mutiny by his own crew. Originally an orphaned street urchin kicked out by his uncle, he learned to prioritize himself over others and run away from his problems instead of facing them.

Presumed male (doesn't care what pronouns are used)

sexuality
Questioning, but most likely bisexual

height:
5'0

weight
200 lbs.

birthdate:
long forgotten

A creaking heap of wood and iron kept barely afloat by some semblance of a miracle, the Gutter Rat is a stolen wreck kept crudely repaired with remains of other ships, with several different figureheads nailed to the front of it like a nightmarish hydra. It travels on the salty seas via a combination of wind in its tatty canvas sails and several pairs of mismatched oars when the breeze dies. Leaks are frequent, ammo is low, food is frequently spoiled, and the crew's quarters are cramped, and yet, they stay together and have each other's backs regardless of the conditions, which the Captain has yet to gain entry to, keeping himself closed off out of unresolved issues. The crew comes from all over Furtopia's lands, all misfits and committed crimes again the laws of the land in some fashion and subsequently kicked out of mainstream society to turn to a life of crime.

extras:

-his arm injury came from cutting himself with his dagger accidentally while trying to do a knife trick.

-favorite color is blood red

-favorite food is fresh meat

-favorite drink is grog

-favorite season is winter since he hates the sweltering heat

-accident prone in the worst of ways

”Hence nothing remains except for our regrets.”
Pastel-burnt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes