Artist KarKat Vantas ♋ [gallery]
Time spent 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Goblin Gator #344

Postby KarKat Vantas ♋ » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:23 am

An unedited trippy babe!

To try out for this gator, tell me their favorite artist and why!

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Element:[/b] (common)
[b]Favorite Artist and Why:[/b]

Extras are allowed!

END DATE: June 20th 4:23 PM CST
KarKat Vantas ♋

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Goblin Gator #344

Postby Joke's On You » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:51 am

Name: Vincent van No

Element: Nature

Favorite Artist and Why:
Vincent van Gogh is this goblin gator's favorite artist. The beautiful paintings such as The Starry Night or Starry Night Over the Rhône are particularly his favorite because of their place in nature. Each painting has it's own uniqueness and beauty, therefore pleases him and immediately catches his eye upon being seen. Though what he really likes to look into the most is the history of the artist. The history that turns out to be a lot darker and a lot more surprising than anyone would have expected from such an artist with beautiful works. Because of this, Vincent van Gogh stood out to this goblin gator more than any other artist he has made himself aware of. In fact, a few people could even view Vincent van No's obession with Van Gogh as a bit... obessive (their peers named him Vincent Van No because of this crazy obession). But in the end, this goblin gator loves Van Gogh not only for his art, but the interesting life that this particular artist had while he was alive.

Personality:
Vincent is quite the goblin gator I guess you could start off by saying. He grew up not knowing really anything about his family, not knowing who his parents were and if he had any sort of siblings in the world. So Vincent grew up alone, having to figure out things on his own like how to survive and well, what his place in the world really is. It didn't take Vincent very long to discover that he was passionate about art, always finding himself always staring at some piece of artwork. Vincent then found the artisr Vincent van Gogh, who he fell in love with not only because of his art, but also because of his much darker history. It intrigued this goblin gator so much, that he began an unhealthy obession toward the famous artist, trying to remake drawings (only featuring goblin gators instead of humans), and by trying to mock the environment in which Van Gogh would paint in. This goblin gator also uses similar paint, tending to suck a bit on the brush by placing it in his mouth, like Van Gogh tended to do while painting. Vincent van No, however, didn't realize that things started to become a bit more weird after minutes went by. He was becoming morw trippy and well, acting like a crazy goblin gator. That sense never seemed to fade much either, as the goblin gator, Vincent van No still acts crazy to this day.

Last edited by Joke's On You on Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Joke's On You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rat-Skittles » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:34 pm

Name: Sirius
Meaning: Sirius means 'The brightest star in the night sky.'
Element: Air due to the patterns on them.
Favorite Artist and Why: Sirius's favorite artist is Anover. They love Anovers work because of how nice the line work is, how nice shading is and how nice the coloring is. He also likes them for his gorgeous characters and how nice they are. They are very talented and Sirius just loves them for that. If Sirius has ever met Anover in person, He'd love to have a long chat with the nice person happily.
giving all my pets/$C away for art! Check latest post for details
Rat-Skittles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deleteduser. » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:12 pm

Name: polo
    Element: nature
    Favorite Artist and Why: Andy Warhol because of his bright and vivid artworks ! polo likes to think that he was supposed to be a painting by Warhol.
bye cs! it's been fun!
deleteduser.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hamkid » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:19 pm

name: TBD
element: none?
favorite artist, and why: Wassily Kadinsky — reasoning TBD

WIP!
hamkid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mantleray » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:20 pm

Name: Harland Blackwell
Element: Water
Favorite Artist and Why: Harland's favourite artist is Salvator Rosa. The simple answer of why is, Harland loves creepy things, and the majority of Rosa's art is creepy in one way or another. Is personal favourite piece of Rosa's is titled Witches at their Incantations and depicts what is seemingly normal looking human beings commiting a ritual around a hanging corpse. In general, Harland loves Rosa's art. The detail, beauty, and mysterious aura that emits from Rosa's pieces chills Harland to the core, but he loves them nonetheless.
Harland himself doesn't like painting because he things he's bad and has no patience.
Why/how he got into Rosa: Harland got into Rosa after seeing his work in an art gallery that traveled to his town. Harland was abused by his family when he was younger, which many think is what caused him to be what some people would call "mentally disturbed." Rosa's art instantly sparked interest and enjoyment in him, and he fell in love with Rosa's works. He still loves Rosa to this day and owns multiple pieces of his (reprinted) artwork.
Personality: Harland is what most people would classify as a "lonely creep." He's into weird stuff, primarily gore and creepy stuff in general. He collects pigmy shrunken heads and animal skeletons. He only has one or two friends, to whom he rarely speaks to. He loves being on his own more than being around with other people. He's somewhat narcissistic, but not to the point where he's incredibly selfish. Harland isn't very adventurous, choosing mostly to stay indoors or keep to himself rather than going outside. This is primarily because of his dark past, but also just because it's part of his personality. He's kind of a rude person, mostly just because he doesn't know better. If someone bumps into him, he gets unnecessarily mad, even if they say excuse me. He was never taught manners or anything of that sort, so he's not really sure what to say or do most of the time.
Likes: Creepy things, meat (chicken is his favourite), darkness, movies
Dislikes: Most people, social media, modern day stuff
Last edited by Mantleray on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

❝ Hypothesis: All the worlds
that almost were matter
just as much as the
one we’re in. ❞

credit

Mantleray

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rockosaur » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:41 am

Mark<3

╭────✰────╮
hi I'm rocko!
Any pronouns are fine
Shoot me a pm if you
need/want to talk!
I'm generally not very active
╰────✰────╯
╭────✰────╮
Art shop
Custom (base) design shop
open for USD only
╰────✰────╯
rockosaur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

- Narcissus -

Postby bakuraas. » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:17 am

Name: Narcissus Faulkner
Name Meaning [first]:
Name Meaning [second]:
Element: Water
Favorite Artist and Why: res /w frida kahlo
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luei » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:21 am

Name: Avernus
Element: Fire
Favorite Artist and Why: Aericuros (on Facebook), Arecurius (on Instagram), because he's an excellent artist.
Luei

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby medicalpaws » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:21 pm

Name: Inky
Element: Has the ability to change the color of water
Favorite Artist and Why: His favorite artist is The Greatful Dead because he loves to lounge around and relax to their cool beats.
commissions MST/MDT
* working on social anxiety,
please be patient and kind

Proud memeber since 2012
Send me a trade
Hmu in the comments
Gimme a phat like

Have a good day

<-- not my art -->
credit to Eddy Atoms
medicalpaws

My pets