Time spent 1 day
Drawing sessions 1
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by bellini

Goblin Gator #339

Postby KarKat Vantas ♋ » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:57 am

Banana Split Ice-cream gator!!
Just like playdoh, they're fun to play with, but not to eat!

Edits:
- Whip cream/icecream with a cherry on top hair
- Whip cream/icecream ear tufts
- Spoon tongue
- Custom whip cream and ice cream/banana with a cherry on top tail

This guy will be a short contest, around 48 hours, so until June 9th 7:57 AM CST, and it'll be an impress me!
Feel free to do as much as you'd like, but please make sure to have the base form done before adding onto it!

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Element:[/b] Common
[b]Favorite summer activity:[/b]
KarKat Vantas ♋

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Goblin Gator #339

Postby bellini » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:00 am

click the image to go to my form!

Name: Butter - Gender: male - Element: none - Favorite summer activity: click to find out!
Last edited by bellini on Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bellini

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Goblin Gator #339

Postby La Volpe » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:11 am

Name: sorbet
      Element: No element
      Favorite summer activity: wip
aaron ── he/him
La Volpe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

cory // male // water element

Postby iuno. » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:46 am

click the art above to go to my form! (art @ me)
Last edited by iuno. on Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
iuno.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunnyfaerie » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:26 pm

SHINA // FEMALE // WATER ELEMENT
SCORPIO // CHAOTIC NEUTRAL // ENTJ
"Fav'rite thing ta' do in the summer? Surfin'. … oh, of course ya' though it'd have somethin' t'do with ice cream. Of-course! Just 'cause I look tha' part... didn't ya' parents ever teach ya' not ta' judge a book by it's cover? An' no, I don't melt. Ya' ain't funny."
PERSONALITY // Shina certainly doesn't come off as sweet, despite her appearance. Her tone of voice is often either laced with irritation or boredom, and so are her words; she often seems rather snappish and blunt, having little tolerance for anything she considers to not be worth her time. Such a label of decided worthlessness goes out to those who easily get upset with her. She never sugarcoats a single thought, action, or word, and doesn't care for what others think of her typically rude attitude, holding a clear distaste for the "weak." She herself gets angered rather easily, and nothing sparks her flame of anger faster than someone challenging her; arguments with her last for days and grudges last years. She never forgives or forgets.
It's a rare feat for someone to manage to get on her good side, considering how she always seems to be on edge or upset with something or somebody in the world. The easiest way to being seen as positive in her eyes is to listen to her. She likes others who listen to her, whether it be listening to her irate rants or her commanding suggestions towards whatever situation. In all honesty, she's surprised when someone does listen to her, as she is aware of the fact that her behavior brings more enemies than friends, but again, she doesn't care. She'll roll with whoever life gives her as allies or foes and she'll keep them under those positions.
When she does actually take a liking to someone, it'll be rare to see her without them in any situation when she could be with them, as she prefers to stick strongly to those who she can count on. Sure, she's normally rather independent, but it's nice to feel a little more at ease. Of course, she'll still be as harsh as ever; the blunt remarks and snappy attitude won't disappear, but they'll carry a bit of fondness with them. One thing that does change is that she'll actually start to show some positivity and prove herself to be a surprisingly great pep talk giver and cheerleader. She doesn't want her friends to turn into dejected wimps, she always claims.

"Nosey, aren't cha'? Guess what? I hate people like ya'."
LIKES // Water sports, sports in general, spicy food, hot weather, upbeat music, seaweed, fights, birds, sea creatures, the color yellow, shiny trinkets, coins, fruit, "tough" people, computers, theme parks.
DISLIKES // "Weaklings," rain, cold food, sad music, pianos, vegetables, rain, people who can't swim, insects, winter, blankets, snow, long books, crying, fire, cooking, people who make unoriginal jokes about her appearance.
FEARS // Being struck by lightning.
"… … oh, ya' won't be snickerin' when ya' get struck by lightnin' or my fist. Seems like the latter's comin' first."
HOBBIES // Shina's quite active, to say the least. Surfing along with other water sports such as water polo and waterskiing are her personal favorites, particularly for the summer. She's an excellent swimmer despite her seemingly-heavy tail and a competitive gator at heart, and she'll easily take on the challenge of both outmatching everyone and enjoying herself on a hot day. There's nothing like the rush of wind buffeting past her ears and the clamor of crashing water and voices around her, really. Why, she even tags along with a local to go sailing occasionally. She refuses to go out in the cold despite the reduced amounts of people, though; the cold is her enemy.
Working out at home is her substitute for when it's chilly outdoors. Lifting any weights she can find, having a go at punching bags until the poor old things eventually break - it happens sometimes -, simply batting a ball around her home or stretching... it's good enough for her.
Land sports are a little less favored by Shina, but she loves them nonetheless, particularly volleyball, basketball, and floor hockey. She's not the biggest fan of racket sports, but would still gladly - and angrily - take on a challenge in tennis or badminton thrown her way.
To the surprise of many, she also greatly enjoys shopping - particularly for frilly trinkets, short novels or manga, new equipment, and frivolous decorations - and painting her nails, and she'll gladly smack the people who attempt to mock her for it upside the head.

"Ya' don't needa know any a' this. Ya' cert'nly ain't joinin' me for any of it."
RELATIONS // Supankoru // Shina and Supankoru are both fairly similar in their rough-n'-tough behaviors, though Supankoru is much more peppy and generally kind. Despite that, they find comfort in their similar mindsets and interests, and they can often be seen hanging out together either at a beach or mall. They're both great at comforting and encouraging each other, due to Supankoru's generally cheery, motivating attitude and Shina's brutal honesty turning to the positive side and truly meaning something. They do have trouble keeping up with each other, though; Supankoru is rather rash and hasty, while Shina is a bit more patient than her friend and has to hold her back every once in a while. Shina is much crueler and blunter than Supankoru, though Supankoru is the only gator who can gently advise Supankoru to calm down or take it easy without getting punched (most of the time). Sometimes she doesn't do her job of being the peacekeeper; they're both a little too eager for a fight or a challenge sometimes.
"... hold my bag, S'koru. Don't even try ta' talk me outta this one."
Last edited by sunnyfaerie on Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥
love is always lovely in the end!
status: practically dead from laziness. please be patient w me!
saukkos // toyhou.se // a bit about me.
sunnyfaerie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KarKat Vantas ♋ » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:36 pm

Just a quick heads up that this'll end tomorrow morning! >;)-b
Be sure to take the wip out of your forms before the contest closes!
KarKat Vantas ♋

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hamkid » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:10 pm

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖

"...We need an introduction."

As a note, this form is generally told in the Gator Goblin's point of view.

The name is...
Pimiento. Kind of a version of "pimienta", which is Spanish for "pepper". "Pimientos" is the plural form. One could speak of sugar, spice, and everything nice. ...You get where we're going, right? Y'know — sugary ice cream, spicy pepper... No? Fine.

Gender, please?
Isn't it obvious? Look at these eyebrows. These are a full grown MAN'S eyebrows. Pink? So what? Who cares about the color pink? It's the color of strawberries. Which are usually RED. Pink can be a MANLY color. It USED to be, at least. USED to.

Do you have an element?
That would be the water element. EVERYTHING is ironic. Pimientos, peppers? Some can bite like fire — and some personalities can, too. Yowza. Water? Sometimes cold, sometimes hot. Water puts out fire. I sense a LOT of that aforementioned irony here. My tail is kind of like water. No, liquid. Milk, flavoring, and the fact that you DON'T MAKE ICE CREAM OUT OF MILK. I'm not giving you taste-testing permissions.

Hold up! We aren't done! What's your favorite summer activity?
That, my friend, is a question that is too easy to answer.

In fact, this answer is not told in Pimiento's perspective, but rather in third-person.

We must catch a glimpse of the past to tell of the present. For years, as a young Gator, Pimiento had always loved going to summer carnivals and faires. But those can happen any time of year! ...Right? As correct as that fact is, the ones that opened under the July sun were always the biggest. They were the most impressive things to his eyes. Those held in the fall could be too cold; the ones in the winter almost always were. In the springtime, they were alright, but were still not as big, nor were they as fantastic, as their summer siblings were. Pimiento was always in rapsody as he approached their entrances, and then onwards to their bouncy houses, game boths, wild rides and delicious treats. Where else could you find deep-fried treasures you'd never tasted before? Jump about a balloon-like castle shaped like a dinosaur with a ton of strange kids that wasn't at some random birthday party that you were invited to?
But there was one attraction that Pimiento always went to see. Always. (Even if it meant sneaking away from your parents — why DID you always have to be right by their sides?) On the mighty outdoor stage, rows upon rows of plastic chairs would be lined up to see the show, and even if there were none available to sit upon, he would always be close by. He would watch, he would listen, and he would laugh. It was the performance of the vantrilloquists, no matter which one it was. One year it could be someone with great wit and charming manners as they breathed life into their puppet pals, the next year another with crude jokes told by a plastic monkey character. From young years to the teen ages, Pimi's heart was captured by their impressive puppetries. They were all so unique.
But as Pimiento started to grow up more and more, the vantrilloquists slowly stopped showing up to the summer festivals; By the time he was a young adult, they were just not signed up for any festivals. Not those in the autumn, or during the snowy seasons, or when the world bloomed to life during the spring. But whenever he looked at those carnivals' lists, even as a youngster, they'd never been in them included. That is why he preffered the summertime faires so greatly over the rest.
So he studied.
He remembered.
He practiced.
He watched some television shows starring them. He knew what he had to do.
And this is where we come back to the present day. Every summer, when all the major carnivals roll back into town with their souvenirs, petting zoos, food stands and more, Pimiento now puts on shows. Those shows are his own vantrilloquist acts; his pride. And he only does them under the beaming rays of the great blue skies of summer, just how he liked it.

Please, tell us more.
We will now hand everything here on out to Pimiento again.

How would you describe yourself, sir?
Unique. Just like every color visible to the eye! I mean, how many people do you know who can pull off such incredible acts of puppetry? ...A few? Rats. Alright. Fine. I'm sure you could guess that I'm very proud of what I do. I AM great at it, after all. And I'll admit it now: I am not afraid to show how much I love myself. I'm great — no, I'm FANTASTIC. Heh. I guess you could call me some kind of narcissist. Go on. I don't mind. Really! Say it! ...I dare you to!
...I guess you won't, then, but please do excuse me; I haven't finished yet. I love to use irony and sarcasm. That's why everyone says I'm more spice than sugar. ...Or am I? I think it's true, personally. You've got to know that everyone has more personality than they have looks. That precious little baby? A devil in disguise. That big tough junkyard dog that everyone's scared of? It really just wants to cuddle. I'm the same way! Just because I look like a sweetie, doesn't mean I AM. But don't be scared, please! I'm not THAT rude. I mean, not unless I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, whichever that side is. I'm just... Not the softest, y'know? Being sarcastic is just the way to go. Especially in jokes—
JOKES! Oh! I can't forget that! I love jokes. It's a burning passion. A wisecrack here and a few more over there never hurt anybody, now, did it? I like to imagine myself as a VERY funny guy. And I know I am. You know how? By looking in the mirror, and reflect on my self-image daily. ...You saw what I did there, right? Mirror? Reflect? ...OLD JOKE? Whaddaya MEAN it's an "old joke"!?

For recaps, I'm a big goof. A real bonker of a boy. The best way to go about situations is to point out what's wrong with them and get all sarcastic about it, and always sense the irony in the environment. Be careful if I'm in a sour mood, but otherwise? Go on! Ask a wonderful Gator some questions! Compliment him on his beauty! And, most of of, Don't you DARE ask me about my flavor. If you thought meat in aspic from the 70's was bad, this is WORSE. (...Probably. I'm pretty sure I don't need to test how inedible I am.)

So, you're a vantrilloquist. Introduce us to your puppets!
...I prefer to call them my friends. Thanks.

I started my profession with this cat [puppet], Thomasson. He's a cool cat in more ways than one, and could really call him bold. He's just a fearless little gangster, see? He speaks the classic gangster jargon and everything. A real alley cat, yeah. He's not afraid to take risks. He's not afraid of taking you down in a rap fight. He ain't got time for explanations; with him, you gotta cut right to the chase. He'll spill the beans when trash is being talked. He doesn't care. It's HIS choice.

And then we have Beau. Good ol' Beau, who's both a dog and a zombie who generally hates how other zombies are represented in the media. Cars aren't his friend and he doesn't understand why some dogs like them. A fan works the same way as a window blowing your tongue around, right? He's the one who always talks about dark stuff. Creepy commercials, movies, shows, stories, you name it. He's the morbid one. Knows all about bones and muscles and systems and structures, often referencing them in his grim puns. He's the edgy one, the teenyboppers would say. And I agree with them for once! Isn't that a shock?

Third comes Mack. He's your generic rooster. VERY loud. KIND OF annoying. ALWAYS amusing. He reads the newspaper and believes in it. Watches the news, believes in that too. Fake news on the web? Yup, it's true to Mack as well. Everything that comes out of his beak is laughable. It's too good. He then goes on and tells EVERYONE what he knows, always denies being told he's wrong, almost like his word is the rule. There is no way to get him to change his mind about ANYTHING.

Finally, we have the little bunny rabbit. She goes by the name of Lollipop — and would you look at that! She quite lives up to her name. She's usually kind and very sweet. ...Unless she repeats something less than appropriate. Oops. That happens. This girl is NOT scared to voice her opinions when she's not in agreement. She usually agrees on, oh... Turning the world into Candyland. Sounds about right.

There! Four friends in all. Aren't they great?

What do you like?
Besides vantrilloquists and puppets, I presume...
First of all, deep-fried stuff. Good eats. Food you eat so warm it feels like your chest burns, too. The stuff that freezes and numbs your mouth is no good. Irony in motion for someone like me, isn't it? Yup. Gotta challenge your taste buds with that sweet, sweet sizzle.
The heat of the sun. It warms you up like a lizard on a rock or a bird that is spreading its wings to dry on a rock away from the water's reaches. Unless it gives you a sunburn, it's just so nice to be able to feel your fur get warmed by mother nature's microwave.
Everyone hates the rain — why is that? It makes the flowers bloom and it feels great when it falls upon your body. Gotta appreciate these showers that don't require the turning of a knob.
Rock and metal. Sorry about your ears in advance, but my eardrums should really be ear-guitars, but ear-drums work perfectly fine too, the louder being the better,. Sure you got that one, right? Right! These genres and their subgenres are just great, if you ask me. Music is SUPPOSED to be loud.
The color purple is fantastic. It's regal and makes you feel like a king. I mean, if you like the color purple too. Pink's too underrated and hated on, which is dissapointing, too.
Emojis are the perfect way to express your feelings.

Anything that you just can't stand?
Overly sweet things. Overly sweet things. Overly sweet things. OVERLY SWEET THINGS. KEEP THEM AWAY FROM ME. PLEASE.
Kids are not cute, nor are they fun. Many of them are screaming beasts that need to be tamed. The older ones are better. USUALLY. Not always. But please, PLEASE, keep any and all yelling, stomping, crazy little things away from me at all times.
People who don't laugh at my jokes. How am I not the funniest thing you've ever witnessed? How!?
Sticky stuff. Maple syrup, along with being way too sweet for my likings, is the worst offender of this. How can anybody keep this stuff down? It's like edible glue, and NOBODY likes eating glue!
Ice cream. Evil. Yeah, yeah. You're absolutely SHOCKED. None of the flavors are good. It's TOO cold. I don't like the cold, either. I'd rather live in the desert than the south pole.

...One more question before we go! What do you taste like? Neapolitan?
...Don't.

Wait, another! Do you own anything ice cream related?
Only my own body. I'd rather look like a nacho, with some extra zazz on too.

...Lied again. Are you magical like a unicorn?
...Not really. Being of the water element is different from unicorn magic.

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
hamkid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Goblin Gator #339 (JUDGING)

Postby KarKat Vantas ♋ » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:55 am

This is closed!
I'll hopefully judge this later today >;)-b
KarKat Vantas ♋

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Goblin Gator #339 (WINNER)

Postby KarKat Vantas ♋ » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:53 am

Alright, guys!
This is honestly super hard for me ;;
You all had such good forms ADONFOANGFO???!??

Bellini, Butter's personality may be a bit secluded from others, and he can be uncaring, brash, and temperamental, but I can see that he became this way through internal struggles. I know that you don't clearly talk about this in your form, but something about Butter speaks to me like, despite his outwardly obvious lack of desire for a friend, he deeply wants one, and is desperate to keep the ones that he has. He seems lonely to me, despite his comfort in silence, and his character seems multilayered, which is nice.
Your form honestly made me laugh a lot? I really appreciate that you made Butter taste like the nastiest icecream ever on the planet xD It really matches his salty attitude. Also, Butt ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
His relations with others are somewhat shorter than I would have liked, but they are still believable in a sense in which I could see the, acted out as I read your form. I would have loved more in depth backstory between Frida and Butter; I wanted to know where they met, what they do with each other, etc.
I can honestly really relate with being aggravated with people like Pearl and Spumoni; and I can relate with Butter in a sense in which I wish my life could be more exciting (he seemed bored with his life until he moved out; I can relate to him on this, although I actually do enjoy highschool, and I don't think my grades have ever struggled).
For his current life, I feel like he has a lot of room for improvement and self realization, which I always find enjoyable in characters. He's on his own in an icecream truck gang against a rival gang (I honestly found this really funny, since I have a gator who is also in a gang and drives an icecream truck xD), and he has little to no friends, but his relationship with Frida seems to be helping him overcome this feeling of wanting to be alone. He wants to try love out for once, he wants friends, and he seems to want kids, whether he accepts the fact or not. He enjoys helping his brother out with his kids, and, of course he is giving them horrible advice, but he seems to deeply enjoy his time with the little ones, almost like a proud father would.

Iuno., Cory seems like a sweet and realistic gator. His school and highschool experiences seem realistic and relatable to some highschoolers, and his friendships with his companions are fleshed out. His feelings and emotions feel real, but his family is a bit iffy with me. I wish you had touched more on his family life some, explain just how his coming out story went, what religion he is, other than just "religious", and why his parents are alright with their son not being interested in religion. His family, despite it feeling nice and understanding, feels almost fake and too perfect to me. I've never gone through the struggles of dating a close friend, but I've heard that once you break up, it does hurt, and you seem to show this fairly well.
I wish you could have gone into more depth of how his icecream parlor got popular, not just he had advertisement and friends to help him out. I would have liked to see how he felt about it more in depth.

Sunnyfaerie, I feel like Shina has a lot of potential. I just wish you went into more detail as to why she acts the way she does. Did something happen to her in the past for her to feel the way she does? I'd really like to see more in depth character development or backstory.

Hamkid, Pimiento seems hilarious to me xD I love his somewhat snarky yet flamboyant personality, but something seems a bit missing. I do know that he is a ventriloquist and that he counts them as friends, not puppets, and that he loves rock/metal music, hates cold and sweet things, would rather live in the desert than the south pole, and that he loves hot things and would rather look like a bag of nachos than icecream. I just wish I had more back story on him, more explanation as to why he acts like how he does. An inner self, inner feelings.

Now, without further adieu, after a lot of thought and consideration, I've finally chosen the winner of this gator;

Bellini!

Butter's character just really stuck with me. He seems lost and longing for something that he hasn't found out his need for yet. I don't know why, but something about the way he acts just comes off to me as if he's trying too hard to find things in places he doesn't want to be looking in.
His character has a lot of room for improvement, and I can't wait to see how he develops and grows in the future!
I also found your form enjoyable to read, and I kept going back to it to have a good laugh!

Thank you all for joining, and I wish you all the best of luck on future contests!
KarKat Vantas ♋

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bellini » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:07 am

aAAA THANK YOU SO MMUCH ?????
im so glad I woke up at 1:00 last night remembering to finish my form hecK, I’m really tired now but it was worth it 👌
I’m going to write more about him rn?? I feel like I could’ve added more to his relationships but I had really bad writers block haha, but you just gave me a ton more ideas? But I’m so glad you liked my form! When I saw him I got really excited bc he’s ?? Amazing ??
I usually don’t try out for closed species but he’s amazing
now I have to get more GGs oOooo
I’m so happy right now aA, I’m glad you found my form funny, I feel like he would just be a pretty stubborn odd guy
But
Kinda soft in the inside ??
But thank you so much <3 I’m so glad to have him!!
bellini

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me