Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Enés; companions of the quarter realm [wip+opening] by doktor monty

Based on Click to view
Artist doktor monty [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 9
58 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Enés; companions of the quarter realm [wip+opening]

Postby doktor monty » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:48 pm

ImagexxImagexxImage
ᴍᴀɪɴ // ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛ sᴇᴀʀᴄʜ // ʙʀᴇᴇᴅɪɴɢ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅs // ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪɴɢ // ꜰᴀɴᴄʟᴜʙ

/eh- neh/
      noun
      noun: Ené; plural noun: Enés
        1. a large, heavy, mammal that is closely related to
        bears and dogs; with a straighter walking pattern
        and a spine structure to more resemble canines.
Introduction & Info
xxx Welcome to the Four Quarters Realm, a planet which is split into four pieces due to mountain ranges never crossed by man. In this world people live among the many creatures that roam through four vastly different environments. From the large, to the small, the inhabitants of this realm have used the Enés as transportation since the beginning of time.

xxxThese Enés are large beasts or burden, though not as strong as your modern ox or horse like we know. They are most commonly used as transportation, singularly carrying a rider on its back with the help of a saddle. Because of the massive demand for Enés in the past, they run wild now, found in every biome (some more commonly than others). Given enough time and care, anyone can tame a wild Ené.

xxxThey have large paws built more for exposure to rough terrain, the pads almost being compared to a hoof. Equipped with shorter, thick claws, Enés are able to use them for marking trees, fighting, and gathering materials (with enough time and effort, Enés can be trained to use their claws for such purposes). They wear a large ring of fur around their shoulders, going up to the back of their head just between the ears. This fur can be shaved down, but it isn't recommended due to the safety of the animal. The fur provides protection and support to the organs around the chest. Without it, they are also unable to mate though natural courting methods. They also have the ability to stand on their hind legs in order to reach high places, and use it as an intimidation factor and advantage point when fighting.

xxxThey feed off of large mammals found in the wild if they have access to it. If there is nothing around, they instead can live off of certain grasses, berries, nuts, ferns, and smaller animals such as squirrels. Trainers often feed their tamed Ené man-made pellets or dried rodents.

Taming an Ené
        xxxEnés found in the wild are not tamed,and will appear to you without a saddle. Those who want them as their own must be able to tame them themselves. To do this, you can preform an action on the wild Ené every X amount of time. The specific adopt will specify the time limit in which you can try again, and what actions you can take.

xxxOnce tamed, the rider is able to equip them with a saddle and form a bond with them that lasts a lifetime. You can customize the saddle hidden on another few layers once you are added to the lines, in which you have full creative freedom. The entire saddle can be redesigned if you like, but it must have one.
Last edited by doktor monty on Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 13 times in total.
doktor monty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

References & Rarities

Postby doktor monty » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:49 pm

References
        xxxFour Quarters Realm
        Ené species reference
        Region 1: The first, and second coldest region is near the top pole of the realm. The landscape includes the rocky tundra, with common ferns, winter-resistant trees, and short grasses. Though snow doesn't cover the entire land, there is never a winter without it. Summers are cool, and the avian creatures usually return to the region from migration. This is the second largest region within the realm, and the modern way of life is definitely not the inhabitants strong suit. They tend to favor living off the land, and are very advanced in other technology, more depending upon the nature of the region for survival.
        [url=xx]Region 2[/url]: The second region matches the size of the third with thee largest variety of plant life. The landscape going from the expected warm equator deserts and grasslands, to chilly sparse forests, this is said to be the ideal place to live. Though more "tropical" compared to the other regions, it has the most variety and access to more resources. The civilizations here are the most technologically advanced.
        [url=xx]Region 3[/url]: The third region is more suited towards those who like endless grassland and rocky, dry mountains. The deserts are larger in this Region, and plateaus and land forms of that sort are common. Most mountain ranges are found in this region. More animals evolved to have hooves live here, and the inhabitants that live here often do so in the lush valleys. Winters are cool, and snow on the mountains are essential. Summers are warm, especially in the valleys, which thrive easily due to the water from the mountains.
        [url=xx]Region 4[/url]: The fourth region is the largest, yet the most unexplored. The second, coldest pole is here, and is said to harbor maddening ice deserts. Dangerous sand blizzards ravage the land, and those who go here have the purpose of promised solitude, or death. Though it is large, the entire region is covered with desert, and is also considered the hottest region in the realm. Life is uncommon in these dulled wastelands, and perhaps the dark foreboding nature comes from an evil that lies within.

Rarities
        average: can only be found in Region 1; brown, tan, or off-white pelts; slight natural markings; longer fur
        rarity scale color =
        unusual: can be found in Region 1 & 2; black, or golden pelts; stronger natural markings; heterochromia; fur texture alterations; shorter fur; scarring
        rarity scale color =
        20-55
        rare; can be found in Region 2 & 3; any color markings with dark opacity; longer claws or lack of claws; longer legs(only if found in Region 3); sclera color mutations; slightly longer tail; slight body types (chubby/lean); absence of a limb
        rarity scale color =
        30-75
        regal: can be found in Region 3 & 4; small horns; any color pelt; extreme tail mutations; extreme body types; pupil mutations; no fur; extreme teeth alterations; tongue mutations; magic-detecting abilities
        rarity scale color =
        50-125
        mythic: can only be found in Region 4; extreme horns, growth of another limb(though not always functional); muzzle mutations; paw mutations; bipedal; spell-casting abilities
        rarity scale color =
        80-160
        mythic fury: region unknown, traits unknown, special abilities unknown 120-200
Last edited by doktor monty on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:56 am, edited 23 times in total.
doktor monty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Misc.

Postby doktor monty » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:49 pm

Staff

xxxDoktor Monty
        owner; artist; mod

Rules

- Abide by all rules already in place on CS.

- You can only have three tamed Enés at a time.

- Listen to the staff of the adopt, and follow the rules of each adopt they put out.

- You can use this species as your fursona, but you can't claim the species as your own creation.

- You can trade or gift the Enés you successfully tame.

- All tamed Enés must have a saddle! It can be anything, as long as there is something placed on the back of the animal (blankets, furs, saddles).

- Do not alter the Ené's design once you have it tamed. Design alterations can only be done with events and items.

- You must wait three days before entering for another Ené. Otherwise all entries will be diqualified.

Extra
        ---
Last edited by doktor monty on Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:20 pm, edited 8 times in total.
doktor monty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Questing

Postby doktor monty » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:50 pm

ᴍᴀɪɴ // ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛ sᴇᴀʀᴄʜ // ʙʀᴇᴇᴅɪɴɢ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅs // ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪɴɢ // ꜰᴀɴᴄʟᴜʙ

QUESTING
Questing is a bi-weekly event in which participants have the chance of obtaining
rare loot.
Participants have the full two weeks to enter for the quest before the
next one starts. The items in which a participant can obtain in these quests
changes each time, as to give variation to the item pool.

In order to participate one must depict their Ené in a piece or writing or art piece.
The pieces must reflect your skill adequately, and include at least one of your Ené
interacting with the quest. It can include someone else's Ené, as long as yours is the
main focus.

All entries must be submitted before the deadline.

When submitting, you must include the following with links if you can:
Code: Select all
Username & Profile:
Participating Ené:
Activity type: Quest

Drawings of Enés must include most of the body shown to qualify. As well as
relevant region scenery, which you can check by looking at the quest description.
Make sure it is also relevant to the quest.

Writing pieces of Enés must be at least 1,500 words. They have to depict the Ené
often, and remain relevant to the quest.

ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY PM TO ME, WITH "Quest #(whatever number quest it is)"

AVAILABLE QUESTS
none atm

Last edited by doktor monty on Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 8 times in total.
                ✦ { dok/stephvthey/he/any occasionally online } ✦
              Howdy! I'm on here as often as I have the energy for it, so everything might be a little delayed with me! Feel free to check out my semi/open adopts, and if you're feeling adventurous click my dragoncave eggs too- my children thank you. Have a great day <3
doktor monty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Enés; companion of the quarter realm [wip+opening]

Postby LovetheHoly » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:50 pm

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature. 96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 4% of teens who will.✞
✞ I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." He stretched his arms on the arms on the cross and died. Please put this in your signature if you believe that Jesus died for our sins. ✞

click vv
W e ↵ . ✠ . ✠ . so lets support eachother
a l l
g o
t h r o u g h
l i f e

Love
y o u like
k a n y e
loves
K A N Y EImage
LovetheHoly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Enés; companions of the quarter realm [wip+opening]

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:14 pm

oh my goodness that art is gorgeous. heckin mark

Imageℝ𝕖𝕚 ❀ 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕪/𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕞 ❀ 𝔸𝕕𝕦𝕝𝕥Image
《━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━》
ImageImageImageℂ𝟜ℂ 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕊𝕒𝕝𝕖𝕤 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕋𝕖𝕣𝕞𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕊𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕔𝕖ℂ𝕊𝕋

« Hello! My name is Rei, I'm a chronically ill and neurodivergent artist
and designer. I've been on CS since 2012 and am generally friendly if
a bit intimidated by strangers. I am most active on discord so please
contact me there under the user HeyRei if you need anything! »

𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞: 𝕊𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕕 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕊𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕥𝕖𝕣 , ℝ𝕚𝕤𝕖 , ℝ𝕖𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕟 ,𝕂𝕖𝕝𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕤
《━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━》
𝕊𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕣 𝔸𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕝𝕤
ImageImageImageImage
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Werecat » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:25 pm

mark

they look like bears and hhhh

"Come again Needle Noggin?"

xxxxxxxxWerecat/Karkat
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxit/its
xxxxxxxxxxxxWerewolf
xxxxxxxxxxxFui, Imp, VJ

xxxxxxReally only here to sketch
xxxxxN sell ocs I dont use anymore.

xxxxxxxCharacters UFT
Werecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby monta, » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:38 am

mark these precious babes
╒══════════════════════════════════════════════════╕

x

╘══════════════════════════════════════════════════╛
x
x

infp-a ⤬ chaotic good ⤬ aro-ace
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
hey there, i'm monta, feel
free to call me mon. i'm n
ot very active here anymo
re but i still check in ever
y now and then!

ImageImageImage
monta,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kanadensis » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:25 am

aggressive mark
Kana/KB | She/Her xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx THcommsmy kalons
( - - - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx avatarsig )
xxxna for kalons | open: questions | closed: growth approvals, myo approvalsxxxxx
kanadensis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me