Based on Click to view
Artist saturnus [gallery]
Time spent 1 day, 4 hours
Drawing sessions 4
155 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

anniversary adopt - october | opal

Postby saturnus » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:56 pm

opal is the birthstone for october. the opal is associated with love, purity, and hope, but it was believed in the medieval times to bring bad luck and evil spells.

[nr] sclera
[s]: shine, teeth
[c]: hair, tail, fur, backmane
[uc]: ears, pupil, tongue
[r] reverse munchkin

look at this big lad!! they take up the entire canvas smh

to win this kal please answer this prompt:
what was a time when this kal experienced unrequited love?

the word limit is 300
2 extras allowed

Code: Select all
[b]username:[/b]
[b]name:[/b]
[b]gender:[/b]
[b]when was a time they experienced unrequited love?:[/b] (300 word max)

extras can be an additional 300 words
comics are allowed but they can only be 4 panels to count as one extra
you arent limited to those 2 options though go wild!!

ends april 6, 10 PM PST

thanks for checking out this kal my lads!!
Last edited by saturnus on Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
saturnus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: anniversary adopt - october | opal

Postby Bloth Hoondr » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:01 pm

username: Lloril
name: Matrix
when was a time they experienced unrequited love?:

▇▇
Prompt: (300/300)

Stardate: 31336.672
Neither of us are at fault and yet I feel as though I am; that I was the one who drove us apart after years of being together.
I thought our relationship would last forever but perhaps that was naïve of me…nothing is certain or constant in the depths of space but to me, you were that constant. Never have I been able to share my thought or fears so intimately with another. You are smart, a genius even, and every shift in which we could bounce theorems, processes, and research off each other was a precious gift. Every day we had off, we would spend together in the observation deck; cultivating each floor with love and care so that our deck was the envy of every ships' science department. I’ll never forget how happy you seemed tending to the flora, haloed by the soft starlight from the windows and the ethereal bio-luminance.
You were more than a best friend to me and yet I could not go further. I couldn’t love you in the way you wanted… but I did love you.
I was content with the way things were and although many believe you to be stoic, I didn’t realize just how much you came to love me until it was too late. Then again, with all that is unsure, maybe there was no better time in which you could tell me.
It’s been a week and the distance is killing me. We avoid each other in the science department, you never come to the deck anymore…now I know why. We dock at star base Epsilon in two days’ time and I can’t help but to cry over your transfer.
▇▇
Extra 1: (300/300)

Stardate 33266.904
It’s been two years since you left and only now do I have the courage to write another letter to you. Even if it is only for my own personal logs.
Much has changed since you’ve been gone. Needless to say, my coping may have not been the best at first. I was reckless, more so than what everyone was used to. I’m sure the sick bay had a field day with me which unsurprisingly resulted in my away missions being cut back. You’d get a laugh out of that… or hit me upside the head if you could reach it. I’m back to my usual snarky self but everyone knows my haughtiness is just a front by now.
Despite everything, I think our time apart caused some much-needed growth in both of us. We were together for so long we didn’t know what the world was like without the other. I’m still blown away by your research we trade with from the Excelsior, you’ve saved a lot of lives in the process. Mine included.
We were like open books with each other and I can tell from the holo-vids that you’ve opened up; you’re happier and more expressive. I’ve taken on more responsibility as well as a few new transfers under my wing.
I miss you still, so much more than I was expecting. I felt as though a piece of me was missing… I think, after everything, I realized I do love you. We keep our conversations professional nowadays but I can hear it in your voice and see it in your expression, you’ve moved on. I don’t blame you, your chief engineer is pretty cute… Nonetheless, you’re still the whole damn sky for me. The universe couldn’t stop me from supporting you.
-Science Officer Matrix

Image Image Image

Extra 2: (300/300)

Snarky, wild, haughty, unpredictable, unorganized, irrational

Those would be the first traits that come to mind if you were to ask someone about Matrix.
They were a bit of a wild child with a sense of curiosity that outmatched anything used to draw their attention. They scrapped their way through school with more than a few fights and a handful of disciplines. It was a combination of their genius and luck that they were admitted into the Academy. They were called a fluke, someone who wasn’t supposed to be in the academy, someone who didn’t belong. Eager to prove them wrong, they threw themselves into their studies in hopes of finding something they could settle for. No one believed it when they were assigned to a ship.

Brave, insecure, watchful, sensitive, wonderful

Those are what come to mind from someone who knows Matrix.
They met in elementary when Matrix took on three others to protect the shy student from another bullying. They studied together at home, aware that Matrix needed a break from outside stimuli while doing their classwork. They spoke about seeing a therapist when Matrix came crying around midnight about how others perceive them, how his rough demeanor was pulling him out of sorts, how one more fight was one too many. They entered the Academy together, studied the sciences, and became the greatest combination of Xenobotany and geology students ever to grace the facility. They shared their secrets, hopes, and dreams; spoke of traveling the stars together for as long as time would allow.

They were assigned Science Officer positions on the U.S.S Legionnaire, a massive ship dedicated to revisiting explored planets in known space and gathering all data they could. It was there they were stationed, and there Matrix would remain to boldly discover and explore.
Last edited by Bloth Hoondr on Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇Image

☆Species Storage☆
▇|▇Image
▇|▇Image
Bloth Hoondr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rabbit » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:04 pm

username: tuna fish
name:
when was a time they experienced unrequited love?: (300 word max)
"dear mother..."

res
Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby astral. » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:12 pm

Res so hard oh my
astral.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peppermintleo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:13 pm

username: pure.crazy
name: Opal for now
call me pure / he-him pronouns / transboy
ImageImage Image
peppermintleo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pees » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:13 pm

[color=#696969]2 lazy to write form
    good luck!/color]
Last edited by pees on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waffle02 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:14 pm

Don't have time to finish my entry, but I wish good luck to all the participants!
username: waffle02
name: Silicyan (goes by Cy)
Cy first had his heart broken when he was extremely young. It wasn't because of some preschool romance or TV show crush. No, Cy's first experience with a broken heart came from

(my tablet is being dumb so I can only do traditional art...yay)
Last edited by waffle02 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
♪♫♪My Characters and Adopts
♪♫♪ Art Shop - OPEN
♪♫♪My JBDs
♪♫♪ My Kalons

ImageImage
waffle02

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rnirai » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:16 pm

oh yes im doing this

contact me on discord if u have
any questions @ mandula#8303

toyhou.se
kalon commissions

i like bunnies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yaksha. » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:18 pm

username. caius. name. kaiim. gender. male.
when was a time they experienced unrequited love? [249/300]

Beneath the stars, with eyes fixated upon a horizon tainted with early morning light, he waited.
Had waited, if honesty was being drawn upon, for nearly three nights. Different nights of course; even he wasn't foolish enough to remain within a cycle.
Deep down, he knew.
Sharp scent of ocean air, salt scraping the inside of his nose, and the gentle lap of waves upon the shore—all of it remained just outside the realm of his caring.
Kaiim had fallen for it hook, line, and sinker. All those pretty words spoken by a silver tongue, green eyes masking the intent to destroy. Perhaps he should've seen the deceit, or maybe he should've listened.
Staying with his uncle for the summer had opened up a world of possibilities and bad influences for a small town, straight A student to indulge in. Kaiim had fallen in love so quickly, lured in by the promise of friendship and adventure. He pierced his ears, grew out his hair, and learned words much unlike his vocabulary. All for a kalon that had made a mockery of him.
Meet me at the beach tonight; I'll show you something amazing.
Oh what a lie that'd been.
The water grasped at his paws, and Kaiim was pulled from his sadness with a bite to his lip. He was glad there lay an expanse of ocean before him, for it swallowed up his tears and left him with the same gentle sounds as before. That summer destroyed him.
Last edited by yaksha. on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yaksha.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfypoof » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:22 pm

username: Makoto Naegi name: Yukiteru gender: Male

when was a time they experienced unrequited love?: Throughout his whole life, Yukiteru has only truly fell in love once. It wasn't anything romantic, it was more like a desire and longing to have this person close to him. She was graceful, swift and hard to follow. She always travelled and never stayed in one place for long periods of time. She was different to anyone else and that was because she wasn't a kalon at all. She was an owl, a wild snowy owl.

Yukiteru's pass time was walking deep into the woods and on one occasion he spotted the owl. The owl was high in the trees, it's white feathers brightly shining. It watched him with it's wide eyes but never moved. If he came too close, it flew away. Yukiteru then became so obsessed with the owl that he wanted to tame it. He wanted to follow it as it travelled. A dream of his was to travel a great distance so he figured this is where he could start.

He attempted to gain it's trust by offering food but it never ate it. All it did was watch him until he gave up and left. He observed the owl from afar and even spent many hours researching about owls. But all his efforts were in vain as the owl never did anything but stare. Yukiteru had a determined personality and as such he never gave up until he got what he wanted.

But one day, the owl was gone. Day after day he went to look for it but he never saw it again. So, with a sigh he realised this love of his would never work. From that day onward, he travelled alone. He often looked at the sky as he went, hoping for the owl to be above him. His true love. (300/300 words)

Last edited by Wolfypoof on Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hi! You can call me Wolfy! I like drawing, video games, animals, music, anime and a whole lot of other various things. Some of my favourite series are Pokemon, Danganronpa, iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls, Kemono Friends and Higurashi When They Cry! I am a young adult and although I'm a little shy, I'm always open for a chat! ^w^

Deviantart Characters Instagram Please check out my story!

Font credit
Wolfypoof

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me