Kjaku #27 / jODGED AFTER 999999 YEARS!

Postby Bettalong » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:24 pm

woah!! what a sharky kjaku! >:^0 they go snap snap, and they make me happy
NATURAL KJAKU
fur, tail, eyes, pseudoteeth, and teeth mutated
winner; Twili Imp
Kjaku name; Reef
gender; male

To enter for this Kjaku, tell me what their average day at the beach is like!

Code: Select all
username;
Kjaku name;
gender;
what's their average day at the beach like?; (minimum 100 words)

Extras are allowed, same for prettying - this ends on the 11th!
Good luck!
Last edited by Bettalong on Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bettalong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kjaku #27 / OPEN

Postby 8 of Spades » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:27 pm

username; 8 of Spades
Kjaku name; Bruce
gender; Male
WIP

I love sharks!!
8 of Spades

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hugs100 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:10 pm

username;
Kjaku name;
gender;

WIP
~WOOT WOOT~

ImageImage
Hey there! My name is Hugs! I came up with this name because, well, I really like hugs! Naturally I'm a happy person, always joyful, clumsy, and excited about anything and everything. I'm very friendly and won't bite. I love hearing other people's opinions and getting to know the person itself! So, don't be afraid to be my friend! I don't have a life so please PM whenever!
stay awesome people!!
hugs100

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunnyfaerie » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:15 pm

HH I LOVE SHARKS ANnnd i wrote way too much whoops.
username;
sunnyfaerie
Kjaku name;
Selach
gender;
Male
what's their average day at the beach like?;
Selach's frequent beach days vary when it comes to events, but there are a few situations and events that often occur, or rather, that he often gets him self into.
-
For his typical activities, sunbasking, burrowing in the sand, and, of course, swimming are his favorites. There's nothing more pleasant or fun than bathing in the aureate rays of the sun, kicking up clouds of sand as he tries to snatch up a crab (that he lets go afterwards, of course), or diving into the clear waters and kicking against the waves. Spotting creatures is also quite fun, as the hermit crabs, tiny fish, and soaring seagulls are great to chase and even greater to simply admire the beauty of. Beach picnics are another favorite of his, as long as the seagulls don't try to get away with the varied contents of his picnic basket. Occasionally, he'll even pop into a game of beach volleyball or limbo to participate; the more people, the merrier!
Unfortunately, he gets into a lot of mishaps on a daily basis, partially because of his frightening appearance. He swears he means no harm, but when others see his silhouette coursing through the waters and the shine of his gleaming eyes and teeth, they naturally panic. Normally, those gleaming eyes are always keeping an eye out to make sure nobody gets into any sort of danger in the ocean; he may not be an official lifeguard, but he still wishes to ensure the safety of those around him, and will easily give up his own safety for others. Quite often, he'll see a figure flailing in the water, a poor soul who cramped their limbs or simply can't swim any more, and he'll rush into the ocean without thinking, diving under and streaming through the dark tides to reach the presumably-drowning individual as quickly as possible with his panic spurring him on. Unfortunately, his fin-like tufts and shark tail give off the impression that he is a shark, and he'll be immediately met with kicking and punching in an attempt to get away. It takes a lot of gasping for breath just above the waters and speedy speaking to explain, and he often ends up with injuries from the situation. By now, he's used to it, and has started bringing around a life ring to make his good intentions more obvious before he ends up with bruises.
His easily-earned kindness also leads to another troublesome situation that happens much too often. This one begins with the simple observation of a seagull. The ruffling of the cloud-white feathers, the peering of those sharp eyes, the hoarse squawks that it honks as it shuffles and wanders. Then comes the tinge of pity as those eyes flicker over food, either his own or others, and Sel soon finds himself tossing out a chunk of a fruit or a sandwich to the sea bird. Every single day, every single time, he is betrayed in that instance as that entire food item is snatched up by the seagull suddenly lurching forward and dashing away, yet he never learns. He still never learns as he ends up in a wild goose- er, gull chase, feeling bad for not giving up his food yet knowing that a seagull surely didn't need to steal his entire lunch. He ends up going back as seagulls descend upon his picnic basket to steal whatever morsels he had left, leaving the poor Kjaku bewildered as he runs back and forth, additionally apologizing for anything his burly body knocks over and taking the time to fix it. He's not used to this one, despite it happening often enough to call typical.
There are many more disasters that happen on an incredibly frequent basis; accidentally frightening children as he pops out of the sand, accidentally ruining sand castles, accidentally denting or ripping a volleyball or net, accidentally snapping a limbo pole in half... the list goes on and on. He doesn't want any of this trouble, really. He's just a little bit clumsy on land, moves his heavy paws and tail around too much, and is awkward around most others due to said others often fearing or disliking him for the trouble he tends to create. Still, he loves the beach. There are the people who dearly thank him for saving them from drowning, the people who help him chase after those pesky seagulls, the people who coo at the pretty hermit crabs he finds, the people who cheer as he smacks the volleyball into the ground or slinks under an incredibly low limbo pole, the people who laugh as he pops out of the sand and sneezes... at the end of the day, when he sits on the edge of the coast and lets the light tide lap over his paws, watching the sun dip its golden hues teeming with paradisiacal colors into the horizon, he doesn't feel guilty, he doesn't feel sad, he doesn't feel disappointed, no, he feels happy. Content. He may have messed up a lot or upset quite a few people, but in the end, it was just another day. There were people who thanked and loved him, and looking at the beauty of the beach, he is reminded of the beauty crowding him every day. Selach is reminded that he is part of that beauty, even if he's frightening, clumsy, nervous, disastrous- no, he is kind-hearted, brave, strong, and truly compassionate for those around him.
-
An average day at the beach is pretty great.
♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥
love is always lovely in the end!
status: practically dead from laziness. please be patient w me!
saukkos // toyhou.se // a bit about me.
sunnyfaerie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Twilight Prince » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:37 pm

(Novaquill)
Image/Reef\Image
Male

|Average Day at the Beach: Reef doesn't exactly look "approachable". Maybe it's because his eyes look weird or |creepy? It could also be the jagged claws that make them nervous. His teeth stick out a little, too, maybe that's it? |Either way, Reef's "unique" look doesn't exactly help him socially, aka. he has 9 meters of the beach to himself. |What does Reef do on the beach, with so much space? He builds sand sculptures. Doing this sometimes it gets |him an admirer. He's learned not to care that much about people liking him. He tends to self-love, so he often |builds sand sculptures of himself or things that he likes. Reef is a decent swimmer, but he can't handle the |riptides. No one'd probably save him if he was drowning, because he is so intimidating, so he wears a life |preserver. When he has gone out to collect water for his sand sculptures, he has gotten caught in the current |before and it has saved his life. That is the background information.

|When Reef goes to the beach, he goes on cold, foggy days in the mornings. He first collects most of the water he |will need for sculpting (he'll collect more if he needs some). Then, he decides what to sculpt. After that, he builds |the basic shapes if the sculpture. Next, he does the details. After that, he finishes the sculpture. This takes Reef |3-5 hours, depending on the size and detail of the sculpture. After that, he'll eat some fish that he packed for |lunch. When he finishes lunch, he'll sign his name by the sculpture and leave.
|(Mind you, this is without the scaring kids and getting police sent to investigate him.)
|Sometimes, people get nervous even when he is minding his own business. Example: One day he was at the beach |and this little kid starts crying. Reef looks back at the kid, who is sitting right behind him and is now screaming.
|"Um--" he starts, but then the mother comes down and gets mad at him.
|"Leave my kid alone!" she growled.
|"I didn't do---" he tried again.
|"Then why is she crying?" the mom interrupted.
|"I have no idea, ok! I was minding my own business, sculpting..." he pauses to show her the sculpture," and then |the kid starts to cry!"
|"Likely story!" the mom said and kicked over the sculpture.
|Reef went home and cried that day.

|Example 2: Reef was sculpting a shark. Someone reported him for looking suspicious. Reef told the police that he |was doing nothing wrong. He got taken to the police department and had to pay the guy that reported him $50 |dollars for "upsetting him". How stupid. The next day, he stole $50 dollars from the same guy while he was away |from his luggage on the beach. He didn't get caught or fined. 1 point for Reef!

Image|
Reef likes to leave out the earrings, probably because they fall off when he sculpts them!

|Reef did have a friend once. They were a fellow artist. They didn't care about how he looked. Their other friends |that they were either very brave, or very stupid. It all got ruined when Reef met their parents (they were a young |kjaku). Their parents thought that they had brought home some sort of murderer. They acted stiffly polite to Reef |and kept on sending questioning glances at their child. Reef didn't have the patience to sit through being treated |like that.
|"I can tell that you don't like me. I don't know why you won't give me chance, but if you are going to be so closed-|minded, I am just going to leave," he told them.
|"Wait!" his friend said.
|"No, your parents don't like me and I don't want to bother them. I won't be able to be friends with you if your |parents don't want me to," Reef explained.
|Reef's friend sat there, looking disappointed.
|"I'll see you if I can, just--just not around your parents," Reef decided and left.
|Reef did see the kid again, with a bodyguard. The parents wouldn't let the relationship work. Reef avoided his |friend and changed his spot the beach so his friend wouldn't have to suffer through a goodbye. That day, he |lonelily sculpted his friend, but instead of leaving it up, he knocked it down. It didn't make him feel any better.

|This is my favorite Kjaku as of this moment!!!!!!
Last edited by Twilight Prince on Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:52 am, edited 15 times in total.
╔═══════════╗

____
Call me Twili!
Lots of Fandoms
Always looking
for roleplays,
feel free to
invite me to
one by pm!

____
╚═══════════╝
Twilight Prince

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anonymous.aa » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:41 pm

username;
    kjaku name;
    gender; male
Last edited by anonymous.aa on Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
anonymous.aa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby liightning » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:43 pm

username; salty.sweet
    Kjaku name; Tilikum (named after SeaWorld's infamous orca who passed away over a year ago)
    gender; male
    what's their average day at the beach like?;
    "my average day at the beach?" Tilikum chuckled. "how amusing. my, my, you have much to learn about me." he beckons you down the sandy path with a flick of his fluffy, shark-like tail.
    "now, I come here every day," the kjaku explains. "because of this, you might think that I have some type of routine. am I right?" he tilts his head at you, waiting for your response.
    you nod in agreement, feeling dwarfed by his size - his broad shoulders, long body, and lean legs. he must be the largest kjaku in the world.
    "exactly," Tilikum continues, "but what fun would it be if I were to do the same exact thing each day?" he arches his eyebrows comically. "how boring that would be!"
    "so... what are some things you usually do?" you ask, curious about what he does at the beach. if any of the things he mentions are to your liking, maybe you could join him!
    Tilikum pauses, tapping his chin with a long, hooked claw.
    wip c:

liight (she/they)

artist who draws silly and funky characters
    <--- enoki is my baby boy

discord: ask! || twitter: liightpinked
    toyhouse: liightning || art fight: liightning
liightning

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bettalong » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:56 pm

Sorry for such ridiculously late results on this one!! ;0; I've actually forgotten that I hadn't officially judged them for a super long time now (OOF that's awful,, I thought I did but I did not!!!! AAAAAAA) without further ado I've gotta get this one judged before sleep! >;'^)

I'd first like to offer a runner up to sunnyfaerie if you'd like to accept it!
I honestly ADORED selach's development throughout your form, it was incredibly well written and I especially loved how even the seagulls took advantage of his kindness! omgg,, In the end, your form honestly felt wholesome and I loved it. ;o; If you'd like to claim the RU, let me know of any other shark than a great white that you'd like to see your RU based off of! They should be done in 2-4 days from the time they're claimed (if claimed) and will come with a smol extra doodle ;u; same traits!

The winner of this kjaku is Twili Imp! Congratulations!
Firstly, I loved the layout of your form! It was very nice on the eyes tbh ;o;!
I absolutely loved the development of Reef's misfortunes at the beach and how he deals/dealt with them! The 2 examples were short but stories in their own- and I loved that! In the end, the artworks really made your form stand out (loved the sculpture art piece!! It really showed what the form explained on his hobby of making sand sculptures <33)
Congratulations!

Sorry about such a lengthy wait time again on having this judged (it really shouldn't have taken this long), and thank you so much for such patience! ;o; <33
Contact me anywhere below if you need to reach out!
this site gives me anxiety to no end (tm) leaving after everything owed is done which i hopE IS SOON yikes

TH- bettalong
DA- bettalong
Bettalong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me