Artist Jaskiest [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 31 seconds
Drawing sessions 2
25 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon Kit UFA - ROUND 3 [WINNER!]

Postby Jaskiest » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:18 am

Putting this little one UFA!

It will be a round-based competition: each round will last 5 days, and there will be 3 rounds.
A few people will be eliminated after each round.
And NONE of the rounds will be an impress me, so worry not :)

Form for round 3:
Code: Select all
[b]Round 3[/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Related to siblings IC or OOC:[/b]
[b]Link to round 2 form:[/b]
-----------------
[b]Prompt:[/b]
-Write a story centred around a song that is significant to this kit (or if that wouldn't work for your world-building, a song that you think represents the kit).
-1000 word limit but please don't feel you have to write that much
-You can substitute 200 words for an illustration.
[b]Song name and artist:[/b]
-Don't link unless you're sure it's ok to link on CS
-I'm happy to Google the songs myself to listen to them

Round 3 ends on June 5th at around 9pm GMT - let me know if you'll need an extension!
EDIT: Now ends 8am GMT / 4am EST on 6th June.

Notes:
-OOC breeding - can have relations with siblings but not parents
-Both siblings are female.
-Prettying up is fine - as long as you're not making any more artwork of the Kalon, you can do whatever with centre/font size/dividers/quotes/etc.

PM me or post here if you have any questions!
Last edited by Jaskiest on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:10 am, edited 22 times in total.
Jaskiest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon Kit UFA - ROUND 1

Postby Morta » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:26 am

Round 1
Username:
Name:
Answer ONE of the following prompts:
A. What are they most afraid of? [Writing (max 250 words) + art (max 1 drawing, not animated)]
B. Show us one of their childhood family portraits [Art - max 2 drawings ie 2 comic panels. No animations.]
C. Write a story about their first day of school. [Writing - max 500 words.]

Quick mark so I can fill this out when I get home c:
OwO
Morta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby theexileofkiem » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:26 am

Round 1
Username: theexileofkiem
Name: Crimson
Relation to Siblings: OOC
-----------------
A. What are they most afraid of? [Writing (max 250 words) + art (max 1 drawing, not animated)]

The apprentice of a mystic, he is most afriad of failing his work and his teacher/master casting him out. Crim is a very good student and magic comes naturally to him like flight to birds. However, if he gets anything wrong, which doesn't happen often, he shuts down for a few hours.
Last edited by theexileofkiem on Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:06 am, edited 5 times in total.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
my kalons|my lux lacerti

I'm an artist for Lux
---
they|pagan|taken

theexileofkiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:27 am

mark maybe
Squid || She/Her || ENFP || Kals
Image hello I am tiny and you can’t read me! :) Imagehello I am font and you can’t read me! :) Image
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby uηsρεcifiεd ¢ryҏtiɗ » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:28 am

Round 1
Username: Drasheep
Name: Oct (Short for October)
-----------------
B. Show us one of their childhood family portraits [Art - max 2 drawings ie 2 comic panels. No animations.]

mark/wip!
Last edited by uηsρεcifiεd ¢ryҏtiɗ on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
she/they - infp - cryptid/fallow
toyhouse / FR /
uηsρεcifiεd ¢ryҏtiɗ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Softea » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:29 am

Round 1
Username: Softea
Name: Arthur
Relates to siblings: ooc
-----------------

“What am I most afraid of you ask?”
Arthur paused, wiped his nose
“Why, the answer couldn’t have been more obvious.”

Space boy
Last edited by Softea on Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Softea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sobble » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:30 am

Round 1
Username: Junkratss
Name: Lux (subject to change)
Connection to family: I’ve written them into a universe i intend to develop, but if you’d like relations with their siblings feel free to message me! ^^
-----------------
A. What are they most afraid of?

The clouds rolled in, the waves choppy. Today hadn’t been any easier than the others, another exhausting, empty-handed chase over something Lawrence could never promise them.
Lux was young, but had potential. They knew the ropes of the ship, the voices on the sea. When the squall pushed its way through the twilight horizons, it was his job to get them through it. He knew the way- or so he had thought.
Lux wanted to help them, the steer them through their trouble. He had lost them .

Tossing in his sleep the teen’s breathing was labored and ragged, caught somewhere in those dreadful hours.
His crew... his family. Gone. Slipping over the edge in cacophonous wails which rivaled that of the persistent thundering squalls... His fault. He should have warned them.
Nightmares flickered before his tired eyes, screaming, crying, the cursed black waves swallowing his ship, his friends whole. The sails ripped. Thunder cracked. The groaning black clouds blocked the sky. He was lost. THEY were gone. Only four remained.

Lux awoke in a cold sweat, clutching his chest and furiously wiping away the tears which had welled in his tired eyes. His paw instinctively moved to the small, worn brass compass hanging from the great bedpost. He scanned the dimly our cabin- all there. He ran his paws over the compass, he would not lose them again. He made a vow.
[233/250]
Last edited by sobble on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
    They/them | Adult | PA student
    Prone to experiencing mental illness, please be nice.
    I love pokemon, coffee, and my late kitty Cleo.
    PMs OK for reminders or commissions/discord tag
    Art credits linked to images!
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coco Bunny » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:43 am

Round 1
Username: Coco Bunny
Name: Tuli
Related to siblings IC or OOC: OOC
-----------------

Tuli stood before the gates, eyes wide, trembling a little. He wouldn't ever admit it, but he was scared. Coming from another country was hard enough as it is, especially as he'd had to learn English. Tuli's name meant fire, and indeed he'd had a fiery personality. Today though, he was more like a tiny spark. A few other kits gave him a look as they entered, but he was mostly left alone. Taking a deep breath, looking back at where his guardian was making their way over, padded into the school. It was quite large. The outer walls were slightly worn through years of wind and rain. The roof was a dark slate grey; sparkling windows, and through them, Tuli could see a few older kalons moving around inside. Following the rainbow-coloured fence, there was a gate leading to what Tuli could only assume was the playground.

Yet, Tuli's guardian moved past the gate and towards the green front doors. They entered without a second thought, and Tuli hastened to follow them, bag dragging along the floor slightly. He may not have been fully comfortable around them, but he'd still rather be with them than alone in this scary new place.

Inside was much brighter. The walls were coated in a pale cream paint, and art lined them. The corridors seemed much too wide and spacious, and it unnerved Tuli, so he shifted closer to the oak wood desk where the receptionist stood, talking to their guardian. Tuli twitched his ear, working out what they were saying. Something boring, so he moved away to look at some of the art. It wasn't great, but you could tell a lot of love had been put into each piece.

In what seemed like an instant, a loud bell went, his guardian was gone and Tuli was being nudged into a room full of curious kits and a kind-seeming adult. They spoke - it took him a moment to realize they were introducing him to the class. His resolve threatened to shatter, and a strange look from another kalon in the room bolstered it. He waved, beaming widely. Just like the superhero in his comic, he'd managed to be brave! The thought made him prouder. He padded over to his assigned seat, next to a pale green kalon, and nodded at them, smiling. They grinned back, and Tuli became reassured.

The class was simple, though Tuli occasionally had to ask his new friend for help on certain words. And, before he knew it, it was the middle of the day, and he was being crowded on the playground. He was asked a lot, until Alec, his friend dragged him away towards the slide, excited.

Tuli couldn't believe it - he'd already made a friend, others seemed to like him, and he made sure to relate this all to his guardian that afternoon when they showed up to pick him up from school. They just smiled, and Tuli began wondering what tomorrow would be like. [500]
Last edited by Coco Bunny on Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coco Bunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NightFlame22 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:47 am

MALE ROUND 1 PROMPT C

It was that time of the year again. The heat of summer was just starting to die down, and parents were very much ready to have their paws free during the day. It was time for school to start once more, and the Magical Academy for the Gifted was no exception.

Igneus was a third-year student, and this year was the most vital. Over the summer, all the prospective third years would be mulling over what kind of magic they’d like to specialize in. Charms, transformation magic, potions, magical animal handling… this choice was of the utmost importance, as it would determine a student’s future. Switching paths was nigh impossible unless you were deemed utterly unfit for the subject. In most cases, this ended up with students dropping out rather than go through the full ten years again.

Students milled in the halls, happily chatting with their friends before classes began, familiarizing themselves with their new lockers, discussing schedules, and just generally reorienting themselves within the large academy. Igneus gave a few nods in the direction of the students who recognized him, but he didn't have time to chat. He made a beeline for the commons area, a more casual gathering place for smaller announcements that didn’t involve the whole school. This is where third-year signups would be, and he wanted to make sure he didn’t miss a second of it.

Most students at the academy came from families that had attended the school since it began, and it was almost unheard of for a child to choose something other than what their parents had specialized in. While this choice was always regarded as one of the student’s free will, most had grown up learning the tricks of their mother and father, and almost everyone chose one of those two, or something closely related to it. So as each student went up to the board one by one, they hardly took a minute before signing their name to what would be their future career.

Igneus was the youngest child of the Nocturne family, a bloodline known for their excellence in potion brewing. His great-grandfather had discovered the modern love potion, one with more infatuation and less brain-dead drooling. His mother, meanwhile, had brewed the deadliest poison known to kalonkind. She had married another potionmaster, and the two together ran the most popular shop this side of the Atlantic. It was assumed he would be doing the same.

Finally, his name was called, and Igneus stood solemnly before making his way to the front. He looked at the long list of names before him, each paired neatly with the specialization they chose. None of them were a surprise. He took the floating quill and signed his own name quickly with a loopy cursive, but hesitated just as the nib touched the parchment once more. Taking a deep breath, he shakily wrote the words “dragon tamer” next to his name before sitting down again, wondering what his parents might say that night.

(500/500)
Last edited by NightFlame22 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
┌─────────┐

└─────────┘
╔═════════════════════════╗

x
Hiya! The name's NightFlame, but most call me Night or Flame.
I'm just an exciteable person who loves art and dragons!
Feel free to PM me if you need anything at all <3

╚═════════════════════════╝

NightFlame22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kalon Kit UFA - ROUND 1

Postby La Volpe » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:59 am

Round 1
    Username: la volpe
    Name: Edward
    -----------------
aaron ── he/him
La Volpe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me